Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Silver Rest (SJO)

Jsc

Disney's Princess
JhwQx7O.jpg

Silver Rest
Jedi Temple Kashyyyk

Donna had missed the last social event by almost two weeks now. Her travels from Denon kept her away, I suppose. Now today the Jedi Master had returned and was anxious to finally explore the new Jedi Temple for herself. The perfect opportunity to see what new inventions and new commodities had been built in her absence.

She parked her Interceptor in the hanger and took a kit-kart over to the worker's cafeteria. A large white hall with soft green ferns and brilliant natural lighting. She adored what the builders had done with the place. The soft smells of a cooking afternoon hung in the air. She smiled and put herself in line for lunch. Studying the new menu with a nod of hungry delight. Pulling her fur shawl closer against her shoulders.

It was perfect.

Arekk

The Flesh Of Fallen Angels
THE SILVER REST
Kashyyk

Life in the Silver Rest was way too different in Kashyyk, the young Jedi Knight being used to the temple of Voss. A decade had passed since he had mingled with the Silvers once again, after a massive conflict that had left him scarred for life.

Walking around the different halls and rooms of the massive structure allowed him to meet tons of new faces, ranging from apprentices to elder masters of true Jedi knowledge. Still, this place didn't feel like home just yet as if something key was missing to finaly convince him of such thing.

The cafeteria and dining hall were Ar'ekk's first destination every morning after he woke up hungry from restless nights. It's been too long since had been able to sleep comfortably or at all, his stomach grumbling throughout the entirety of the dark and cold evenings on Kashyyk.

Strutting towards one of the tables, the young Jedi sat down alone and minding his own business. A few people were mingling although one in particular was alone. The scent of food coming from the kitchen made his mouth drool as the minutes progressed.

"I'm going to eat good today." He said under his breath as he glanced around trying to find any familiar faces.

Every morning looked the same on Kashyyk in his eyes, cold and cloudy most of the times. But the cafeteria? It was warm and made him feel comfy enough.

[member="Donna Matthews"]

The Lost Legacy was at the rest, Elizabeth moving around in the hanger on the howluy's that Kiriko had made for them and she spun around on her heel. The saber on her hip, attention to some of the details while she had the information from the other altisian jedi she had found. THey had an island, someone else had found a mountain temple where they had dug deep away from everyone else. She knew there was an old retreat on Belsavis but she hadn't gotten the chance to check it out yet. She was just looking to return and continue her training with the force and her saber before she slid down the hallway towards the small area. Getting some food and drink though would be good as she stood around in the black and silver robes. Radiating the lightside of the force for herself and her thigh pack was there.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Donna exited the line with a tray full of piping hot goodies. She grabbed silverware and smiled to the cashier as she past. Then she took a moment to look around the room. Noting all present and the quiet business of the day. Then she saw [member="Arekk"] . The scarred male who sat alone. Well. I suppose the Force gave her a push then.

"Hello." She smiled. Standing at the edge of his table. "Do you mind if I join you?"

Donna was tall for a human woman. Wrapped in a long grey cloak. A fur shawl around her shoulders that mingled easily with her long blonde hair. She beamed of wealth, status, and good health. Her perfume light and minty. She was a Jedi Master by training but still youthful in her age. As was becoming more common everywhere in the galaxy. Still. She smiled and spoke strongly. Awaiting his reply and perhaps, a light lunch with new company.

[member="Elizabeth"]

Yuroic found himself rushing around the Archives once more. Though he had taken a step forward in trying to be more active in the Silver Jedi, the Archives still needed someone to look after them and Yuroic was reluctant to let anyone else attempt the job. He was guiding a young Padawan to a section on mediation, he pointed out the various holocrons they could study. While doing so, he felt his stomach rumble with the usual cry for food. Looking at the time, Yuroic realised he had skipped breakfast and they were now in lunch. He knew Jairdain be upset that he was skipping meals again, even if it was because he was really busy.

So with great reluctance, Yuroic departed the Archives and headed to the cantina for lunch. His robes fitted nicely for his lean body with his weathered cloak hiding most of the tidy robes. Yuroic had the look of a man who had seen action, his cloak reflected this. His right arm was a strong indicator that he had suffered defeat, however, the robotic arm did not bother him.

Upon arriving at the cantina, Yuroic grabbed a large plateful of food, now realising how hungry he was. He sat down, near both [member="Donna Matthews"] and [member="Arekk"] but far enough that they didn't have to engage in conversation if they chose not to. He was looking forward to another busy day.

[member="Elizabeth"]

Arekk

After a few minutes in silence debating whether he would get a sandwich and a coffee or something else, this tall and blonde woman approached the half masked man. He hadn't seen her before around the Silver Rest, so it was sort of comforting to meet a new face.

Waving his hand and pointing towards the empty seat in front of him, Ar'ekk motioned [member="Donna Matthews"] to sit down.

"Please, go ahead." He replied. "How are you?"

The introduction was as simple as it came, his stomach grumbling as the scent of her food invaded his sense of smell. Why he hadn't ordered food was a mystery but soon enough, someone would approach their table to jote down what the young Jedi would eat.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Donna sat with [member="Arekk"] and unfolded her napkin into her lap.

"Please. Call me Donna."

She smiled and picked up her silverware.

"I'm a fan of meeting new people. Hehe. I'm Donna Matthews. Of Denon. And you are?"

Arekk

His eyes lingered on this woman who decided to make him company for the duration of his breakfast. A sandwich and a coffee mug arrived just in time to share with her, thanks to one of the servant droids roaming around the cafeteria. Coiling his finger on his hot steaming cup of coffee and taking a sip, Ar'ekk simply nodded.

"I'm Ar'ekk, nice to meet you."

His sandwich was a regular one, nothing too fancy but good enough for a breakfast meal. Stomach grumbling and mouth drooling, the young Jedi took a mouthful bite and enjoyed every single piece of it. With a mouth full, the man replied.

"What brings you to Kashyyyk?"

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Donna began eating and nodded to his question,

"The Silvers. Naturally. Hehe."

She brushed a napkin across her mouth and continued slowly.

"As a Force User myself? It's been a natural fit for years now. And, I've learned to enjoy the change of pace around here. I suppose."

Donna smiled and looked around the room. So many unfamiliar faces. Strangers, all.

"Kashyyyk isn't Voss. I know that. But, still. It's nice to think of it as a safe place. Even if just for the moment. Mm."

The Darkside. It surrounded the Alliance now. Alas. It was on Donna's mind all too frequently. She shouldn't let it ruin her meal.

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

Ar'ekk grinned to himself as he realized the oddity of his question.

"Well, of course."

He continue to munch his sandwich and drinking coffee simultaneously, enjoying himself to the very last minute.

"This place is nothing like Voss. I haven't been around for a decade, things take time to get used to."

The claws of the dark side roamed every living planet in the galaxy and a light sider's work relied on combatting that constant threat. However, he wasn't keen on the idea of fighting just yet. Reluctanct. It'd take a lot of convicing. But thinking of that during the early morning was something he didn't want to do, so he brushed it off.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Luckily for [member="Arekk"] it was already past noon. So his early morning "breakfast" was already somewhat off-key. Lulz. Donna however. Felt no need to let him in on that little secret. Rather, she enjoyed breakfast for lunch or dinner. All the same.

Still. Donna couldn't help but notice his oddity.

"And you? What do you do for a living Master Arekk?"

Perhaps his profession or routine Jedi duties would enlighten her further.

She was looking at the people here, the ones who had arrived and her ears were more focused on them then her eyes. PIcking up conversation wihtout having to be directly around or involved for now. She was looking at the others who were here with them and she was curious about them as well. Wanting to try and figure things out before she stretched her arms and pulled her hair back making sure the ponytail was tight and at the ready. "These outsiders are strange." She was saying it to no one really, just herself but she could allow the force to guide her around here. Where they all wanted to go out and work on things.

Arekk

"I'm just a visitor of the Silver Rest."

Without having much to reveal, Ar'ekk simply preferred to offer his companion for the noon a more 'polite' answer to her question. He certainly preferred to keep his life a little bit more personal. His tone was lighthearted and without an intention to offend the person sitting in the opposite direction of him.

"This is some good food. What are you having?"

Taking the spotlight off him, the half masked man tried to change the topic of the conversation by referring to less interesting things.

Amusing.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Arekk"] did not answer the question. A polite way to say, You're not worth my time. Donna would have been offended had she not been a stranger to these halls herself. It was her first official visit after all. I suppose it was obvious that few around here would trust her. Though, she did consider her questions harmless. How strange.

Donna pursed her lips and looked down at her food. Taking a moment to observe her food. Then nodding, "Strawberry chicken salad and tomato soup. Nothing special."

She shrugged. It seemed a harmless recipe. Then she returned to eating. Donna asked no more questions because Arekk did not interest her anymore. He was obviously a private, scarred individual who enjoyed keeping to himself. If such was his honor then she would respect it. Silence was golden after all.

She reached into her pocket and tapped her phone. Checking the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom