Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Silk Weapons (Jorus)

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
@[member="Jorus Merrill"]
Drogheda,a rich mining planet of the Teraab. Noah was here to make a deal between himself and a man he already knew. Jorus Merril. Noah knew of Jorus from the Protectorate,before he was forced to leave when a bounty was put on his head by a Zabrak named Daxton Bane. He also knew Jorus because of Hekler'Kok's more 'covert' dealings with the Rebel Alliance. He had heard that Jorus was the owner of Silk Holdings,and since Noah was looking to expand,who better to partner with one of the biggest trading companies in the galaxy.

@[member="Noah Corek"]

Hekler'Kok's public financials still streaming through Jorus's head, he and a team of the actual businesspeople who did actual business met with Corek on Drogheda. Silk's base there, apart fromt he orbital shipyard, was located in a mined-out wasteland, a good solid place for expansive construction and testing.

"Noah," said Jorus with a grin and a firm handshake. "How are you? Been too long."

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
Noah chuckled when Jorus mentioned it had been too long. "Too right man. I've been good,I've got a promotion,but we can discuss that later." Noah informed him as he accepted the handshake and shook Jorus' hand just as firmly. "So,what have you been doing?" Noah questioned as they walked.

@[member="Noah Corek"]

Looking for Alna. Killing Fringers. Walking on a razor edge by selling to everyone. "Trains," said Jorus. "Space trains. They're selling like hotcakes."

They reached a conference room. Sitting, Jorus gestured at the seat beside him. "Tell me, Noah -- how often do you get the chance to build turbolasers? Or really any military-ship-scale weapons?"

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
"Not very often." Noah informed Jorus as he sat down at the table. "Most of the time,people tend to use major companies like Blas-Tech for things like that. Don't get me wrong though,I've been looking to expand into weapons like that for some time now,but no other companies have been willing to give me the time of day." Noah informed Jorus as he leaned back into his chair.

@[member="Noah Corek"]

"Well, to be blunt, Noah, we can both see why. You're known to specialize in slugthrowers. Personal slugthrowers, rather than ship-mounted. But tell me what you'd need to seriously get started in the starship weapons business, and what directions you'd take if you did. I'm looking for a private supplier, one with incentive to treat me right, and I'm also looking for an investment.

"Basically, for ten percent of your company, I'll give you fair market value plus every asset you need."

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
"There's one problem with Jorus." Noah said as he huffed out a breath. "I only own 51 percent of the company,the other 49% is owned by Glaucus named Sidonis. The man is a rat,I've caught him selling weapons to terrorists groups and the like,but I've never been able to prove it. But I'll make you a deal,you help me take him down and you'll get 45 percent control while I get 55 percent. Deal?" Noah asked as he extended his hand across the table for a handshake.

@[member="Noah Corek"]

Jorus tapped the datapad that held his preview of the Hekler'Kok public financials. "I know about Sidonis. I know all about Sidonis. A few people I know -- not Rebels, but similar folks with similar goals -- have bought from him in the past." And that was as far as he'd go towards admitting that he knew rather a lot of militants of all stripes. "What kind of takedown are ya thinkin', Noah?"

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
"It's not those people I'm worried about,I'm sure their good people,it's the anarchists and murderers he sells to that irks me." Noah informed Jorus as he leaned forward and braced his arms against the table. "As for taking him down,I'm thinking something along the lines of blackmail. You and Dell set up a deal with him,holo-tape him,then once the deals over,give the tape to me,and then I blackmail him. Sound good to you?"

@[member="Noah Corek"]

"A lot of people consider me an anarchist and a murderer," said Jorus with half a shrug. "But I do take your point. Blackmail's an inexact science, and I'm fething bad at it. I can do better. And no, I don't mean killing him. What I mean is, I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse.

"I'll schedule a meeting with both of you, on Fenessa, in a week."

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
"I didn't think you meant killing him,trust me I don't want to kill him. The last thing I need is for people to mistrust me due to the fact that I killed my business partner." Noah informed Jorus as he leaned back into the chair and raised an eyebrow. "If you know Sidonis,you know he's a narcissistic and xenophobic bastard who doesn't trust anyone outside his own race. You'll have to have a pretty convincing deal for him to give up his shares."

@[member="Noah Corek"]

"He won't be giving them up," Jorus said, standing. "Like I said, I'll contact both of you. This is a meeting you won't want to miss."

A week brought Jorus to Fenessa, where Hekler'Kok was incorporated. The meeting room, as it happened, was much like the one on Drogheda. He really did spend too much of his life in meeting rooms. He carried only a briefcase.

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
Noah walked into the meeting room and behind him came Sidonis,with two retrofitted BX-Commando Droids armed with Hekler'Kok Blaster Rifles,HK-45 Heavy Blaster Pistols and with vibroswords strapped over their backs. Once Noah sat down,Sidonis sat on the other side of the table and looked between Jorus and Noah. "What is the reason this meeting has been called?" He asked in his usual snide tone as Noah rolled his eyes.

@[member="Noah Corek"] got a meaningful but pretty dang close to expressionless stare. Sidonis got the same stare, minus a little human decency around the eyes.

"I'm buying you out," said Jorus, cracking open the briefcase. Inside, just outside Sidonis' line of sight, were Jorus' Czerka riot gun and a Tenloss fifty-caliber revolver. "You get one shot to say yes to a hundred and thirty percent market value."

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
Sidonis glared at Jorus once he had mentioned that he was going to buy the stocks at one hundred and thirty the market value. "What if I don't take the deal?" He asked as he motioned to the commando droids,who at this point began to shoulder the blaster rifles. Once they did this,Noah put his hands on the two HK-45 Heavy Blaster Pistols that he had attached to the bottom of the table just in case.

@[member="Noah Corek"]

"Sidonis. Buddy. You know who I am, you know what I did to the last Star Destroyer that didn't give me what I wanted. Granted, there's a fethton of a difference between someone who's kidnapped my wife and someone who's standing between me and going into business with my old pal Noah here.

"But still."

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
Sidonis sighed and ordered his droids to holster their weapons. "Fine,I'm already rich enough from doing business with these idiots." He said as he leaned back in his chair. Noah had found something out though,Sidonis had been trying to find out where Alna and Mara were,and was coming pretty close. "Jorus I need you to look at something." Noah informed him as he slid a datapad across the table to him,on the datapad was the info Sidonis had gathered,which Noah had intercepted before it reached a Fed agent. At the end there was a message. "What do you want to do?"

@[member="Noah Corek"]

He eyed the datapad without touching it, then looked up at Sidonis. Some men would say something here. Jorus wasn't in the mood to claim high ground or give Sidonis lip, something about a hostile takeover, whatever.

His hands shot forward with Force-enhanced speed. Left closed around the stun gun, right around the fifty-cal Tenloss powershot revolver. The revolver fired first, punching through the leftmost droid's forehead and ripping a hole in the briefcase with a mindboggling sound. The Czerka riot gun fired a moment later, a massive stun wave that propagated out from the equally immense hole in the briefcase. The droid's head ceased to exist. Sidonis went down hard. Jorus' second shot with the revolver put down the second droid.

He circled the table and put a shot into the unconscious Sidonis with the Tenloss.

"No."

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
Noah whistled after Jorus had basically taken out two BX-Commando Droids and Sidonis before he could even respond. "Damn brother,that was amazing. I don't think even Kerrigan could of done something that smoothly. Thanks for keeping the BX's intact to,Sidonis had some crazy mod's put into them and I was checking into selling the designs to Wren at Baktoid." Noah informed Jorus as he walked over to the droids and began to scan them with a datapad to get detailed schematics of the droids.

@[member="Noah Corek"]

"Naw, Kerrigan's better than I am," said Jorus, spinning the shredded briefcase around. He pulled out his own datapad, a durable QQ-M4T-5U scanpack, and pulled up his copies of Hekler'kok's bylaws and Sidonis' personals. "Fenessan law's a finicky thing with inheritance. His assets'll be tied up for a while, his heir's a no-name trust fund. I'll put together a letter of intent for the trust fund's manager, a Hutt I know. Basically, don't even worry about it from here."

He ignored the smell of dead man.

"Why do they keep tryin' to get leverage on me, Noah? Like, I don't do that dren to them. I don't play that game. But people're always after leverage."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom