Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Silent As Ever

[member="Darben Skirae"] [member="Lady Kay"]

Faith gingerly picked up the chip looking it over, "hmm Yes let's go get the tea and let me think about this. First..were you hurt?" The most important things came first though he looked well she was not a doctor and could not make that assumption. She looked at Mute silent as ever. From their last visit she seemed diminished in ways it was hard to tell if she was tired or carried a burden.

She looked back at Kay who seemed to be doing that thing that her guards did, scan and look, look and pause. She was looking for trouble. Faith could not offer a firm assurance that no one on the station would seek to hurt them, she went every where with guards considering what had happened with Claire.

The chip looked familiar in design but she couldn't remember where she had seen it before, or was it just the markings on it. She needed an expert on Corellia. Perhaps she knew someone.

Darben nodded to [member="Faith Organa"]'s question. He glanced to his side to Mute before answering, then responded, "Mute was. The shoulder." He did not mention that he had shot one of them with a stun blast, only he, Mute and [member="Lady Kay"] knew that.

Once they were in a more secure area, Darben sat down. He did not feel like drinking, but decided to anyway as he did not want to seem rude to Faith. "I had taken a look at what was on it. Banking transfers, accounts, even lists of illegal stock. Here on Corellia." Corellia had been through a lot, even through his life while he was on the planet itself. He had never paid much attention to the events while there however, he always had done his best to avoid it. "I want to..." He wanted revenge. To get back at them. But, he couldn't say that. "I want to help clean up my home planet. I've seen what it's like, and I am hopeful you know the right people." In truth, he hadn't really planned out how this meeting would go.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
The damage to [member="Darben Skirae"] and Mute was more mental and emotional than anything else. As always in such situations, the physical wounds were always the quickest to heal.

Kay followed in behind them, almost eager to have some of the offered tea. She helped herself as soon as she saw it, pouring some into a cup, yet giving it time to cool as she took in the aroma it spread into the air. It had a lovely bouquet. Some people were huge fans of various wines, yet for her, it has always been tea.

Her attention turned to Darben as he told [member="Faith Organa"] what he had discovered on the chip. It was the first time that she was hearing it, and it made sense as to why he held the information back. Not to mention why the individuals were after Mute for it.

The question now was, how did Mute get a hold of it and have it inside her person? Was it under the skin? Or did she somehow injest it? Who put it there? Surely she didn't do it herself. There were others at play here.

There others that felt the same as Darben they saw a need and wanted to fulfill it. “I know a few people within the Corellian League, and I’ve got a Corellian Lawyer who can help with some things. This” she referenced the chip, “I think requires some CorSec folks to look into. “

Faith knew [member="Brad Solo"] could help her with CorSec and the legalities of what they were about to embark on.

“Darben do you have any idea how this might have gotten into Mute?” Faith knew that if they had a really good slicer they’d be able to tell them whose chip it was. So she was busy making inquiries to find someone who could help.

Faith looked over at Kay wondering how much of this she already knew and how much was new to her. There were so many avenues to pursue they needed to choose the best way forward. Faith wondered though if they coming to Corellia looking for a Corellian gang would only inspire the gangs to work hard to get them now that they were within their grasp.

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Darben Skirae"]

Darben Skirae thought about [member="Faith Organa"]'s answer. So she did know people who could help, and this he was glad about. "When can you get this to them?" he asked. "I am very thankful for this, Faith" he added after, smiling over down to Mute. They were gonna get back at them after all.

Darben glanced over at [member="Lady Kay"], silently thanking her with a smile to her before Faith continued. "It was found...Under her skin. The doctors found it. How it got there, I have no idea about how."

"Faith, when you have them, can you contact me? Please?" He didn't plan to give a bit of his own justice, although he did want to. That was more of a deeper desire, coming from the more vengeful side of him. He did not want to give that sort of impression, however. He did want to know when they would be caught, so that he could have that moment of calm he had been wanting since this all started. So that he could know that justice had been served, for himself and Mute. "It's all I ask, that they be caught and that I know."

Kay-Larr

One didn't need to be Force Sensitive to see the relief washing over [member="Darben Skirae"] and to some extent, to Mute as well. That made Kay feel better. The more that their confidence grew, the better they'd be in the long run.

She met Darben's gaze and gave him a small nod in response to his smile of thanks. A brow raised however as he told [member="Faith Organa"] about where the chip was found. More than likely it wasn't Mute that put it there. That meant that someone usedher to hide it. Was it her parents, maybe? The story regarding her past was still a big mystery.

Kay sipped her tea as he mentioned wanting to be contacted once the people involved were caught. Understandable. She'd of asked for the same if she was in his position. And she had been, in some respects. She had people watching over Darben and Mute, as well as their shop after this incident. Hopefully this would allow them both to sleep easier.

It was under her skin. The assumption was two fold placed there to hide it or safeguard it. "Any idea on how long it had been there?" Probably not considering they just found it but it would help to establish a time frame.

"And of course [member="Darben Skirae"] I would but...for what means do you want to know? I mean are you planning on visiting them and asking them questions?" Faith did not know Darben well enough to know if he would seek revenge for the attack, or if he would send others to do it for him, or...yes there were many ifs to this. She looked at [member="Lady Kay"] watching her for a moment.

Faith could imagine questions as well. But without asking the intentions she would have no idea. But it was clear to see that he wanted answers and that she would play a part in getting some for him. But would the answers give any peace? Or would it just add more questions?

Darben wondered if he even could face them, and question them...But no, he just wanted to rest in peace. And if he knew they had been caught, at least he would finally know that he had brought criminals to justice. He shook his head toward [member="Faith Organa"]. "I don't wish to question them...just, knowing they have been caught will help me rest easy..." He paused for a moment, resting his hand on Mute's shoulder close to him. "I'm sorry that this was the only intent of this meeting...I should get going now, but thank you Faith."

He started to stand, looking to [member="Lady Kay"] to check in case she wanted something to stay for, if she had anything on mind to say to Faith. He would not mind, he would most likely wait just outside the room for Kay.

Kay-Larr

Kay looked to [member="Faith Organa"] and held her gaze for a time. She knew that there was a bit of history between them, but for the life of her she just couldn't remember. It was terribly frustrating at times, but she's been getting used to it. Veiere told her that she was almost another person, so she had to stop trying to force it.

She looked to [member="Darben Skirae"] as he spoke and quickly finished her tea, setting the cup down. He wanted to go and she surely wasn't going to stop him or delay his departure. "It's probably safer for both Darben and Mute if they don't learn too much. There'll be less of a chance of them being hunted down then. Thank you for your time and your help in this matter." She glanced down to Mute, wondering if she was fine with everything as it was and was ready to head home as well.

"Very well I will pursue this to the end and see justice done. I'll speak with [member="Brad Solo"] after this. Travel Safely home." Faith held the chip....she needed a slice too.

Perhaps Draco with all his associates he would have one.

Interesting...accounts he said...hmm..

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Darben Skirae"]

Darben waited outside, and as the door closed he heard [member="Faith Organa"] last words to him and [member="Lady Kay"]. He gave a quick wave, then headed out to the hanger where their ship had been landed. "Thank you, Kay. For coming along, and all...It wasn't too much of a bother, was it? I didn't take you from any work?" he asked, hand leading Mute by her shoulder.

Kay-Larr

Kay bowed her head to [member="Faith Organa"] as she stepped out. Her attention turned to [member="Darben Skirae"] while he apologized in some respect for having her join both him and Mute.

"Not to worry. I'm supposed to take breaks every once in a while. I just hope that everything works out for you two. The important thing is that you get better."

As they got into the hanger, she led them over to the Free Lady and up the ramp. "If there's anything else you need, just let me know."

"I will be sure to" he said in response to [member="Lady Kay"]'s offer. He knew that her, as well as the others of the CSA that he knew, that he could depend on them for help, and always look to them for guidance in these sorts of situations. He boarded the Free Lady, then took a seat. As soon as they sat down, Mute laid down next to him, resting for the rest of the trip. Darben had a lot to think about over the next few weeks considering Mute, and what he was going to do with her now.

Kay-Larr

Kay nodded and smiled. [member="Darben Skirae"] didn't have a habit of lying, so she knew that he was being genuine. She walked over to the cockpit and let him know that it was time for them to head back home. Shortly thereafter, she headed back to the lounge area and caught Mute curled up as though she was going to sleep. That was lovely and a good sign.

Quietly, so as not to disturb them, Kay walked over to her quarters and closed the door when she got inside. She had some reading to do and work to catch up on during their journey home.

At least today was a good day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom