Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Silent As Ever

I left this for so long, my fault

Darben Skirae had asked [member="Lady Kay"] if she could set up a meeting with whomever was in charge on Corellia, who was in fact the FWC. He knew someone from there, and had met them before, so requested to meet with [member="Faith Organa"]. She knew Mute, had met her and Darben before. So he trusted her enough to help them.

While Mute had been kept in the hospital's intensive care, they had found something implanted under her skin, it only raised more questions. Darben held the chip that had been inside her before his face, looking over it closely. All of this, it must have been for whatever was on it. Well, he wasn't going to let them have it. He was on his way to meet up with Kay before they would make their trip to Corellia, unless Faith planned to come to Commenor. All he had really done was requested, but had not laid down where exactly he wanted the meeting to happen. Mute followed behind him toward Kay's office where he hoped she would be. Mute hadn't signed anything to him, completely silent in all sense. It worried him greatly.

He reached the front desk, and went ahead to ask, "Is Lady Kay here? I need to speak with her...please."

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Olivia looked up at both [member="Darben Skirae"] and Mute as they approached. The older lady knew them well enough, especially by reputation. The Foreign Minister and his aid were well respected and polite to the point which she grew a fondness for them. ``She is. Go right on ahead, Minister.`` Olivia gestured towards the door. She hoped that everything was alright, but knew in her heart that it wasn`t, especially after the ordeal that the two had recently. At least Mute looked to be more or less okay.

When the two would enter, Kay was at her desk, sipping tea and having not just one datapad, but three on her desk, all turned on. A holographic display of their Alliance`s territory was also turned on, little tiny dots indicating the positions of their fleets, their stations and any of their allies that were in the area. It was almost as though she was planning something. Or it could be nothing. She certainly wasn`t going to tell.

Her eyes were drawn up to the two as they approached. She set her tea down and got to her feet. `Darben, Mute, how are you? Please come and sit down. Or stand. Whichever is fine.`` Darben usually made appointments. But he hadn`t done so today. Whatever it was, it had to be vital.

Corellia

She looked again at the broken world amazed that it still survived. The Corellian League and Corellians across the galaxy had banded together to save their home world in whatever form they could. What Faith saw now out the window was the result of their efforts.

Businesses were coming, hospitals built, it was still a center of hustle and bustle the only thing that they lost were some of their historical landmarks. The things that made Corellia unique in the galaxy. She sighed amazed at the spirit of the Corellian people.

Becca came in, “Mam I have two requests.”

Faith hesitantly turned she liked looking out the window.

Becca came closer, “I’m sorry to disturb you but I know you like to see these as quickly as possible.”

The first note was from Claire, well Faith shook her head Claire could have come to her directly.

“I need a favor, and maybe some people to help. My recent encounter with the Pirates I promised the gentleman who helped us that I would help him with an issue regarding some charges. Can you have Brad Solo look at what ledgers he can find and tell me if there is anything on [member="Andorreth Vikar"]”

Faith looked at the request from her cousin, she handed that one back to Becca, “Inform Mr. Solo I would like to talk to him.”

The other request was from [member="Darben Skirae"] “Well this is unexpected” She read slowly what did the Minister from Commenor need.
“He wants to visit.” She looked up, “I’ll take care of this one”

Faith moved over to sit at the desk an old wooden desk that Draco had found in a shop that he wouldn’t talk about. She loved it with its ornate corners, the wood had seen such age and use it was glossy and smooth. She drummed her fingers upon its surface for a moment.

“Well hello Darben, I hope you and Mute are well. I have no problem in meeting with you, I’m currently on Corellia meeting with members of the Corellian League. When and Where did you want to meet?” She sent the message and waited, depending on where he was it would take time to reach him.

She wondered what was [member="Lady Kay"] up to these days maybe a spa day on Zeltros was needed, could invite [member="Rashae"] along, and maybe [member="Joza Perl"] could be quite relaxing.

Andorreth setting the stage for Claire to fulfill her promise of helping with the charges on Corellia

Darben nodded to Olivia and proceeded onward to reach [member="Lady Kay"], with a hand on Mute's shoulder as they reached Kay's office. Kay gave an introduction the two, and Darben gave a slight wave back to her. "Kay, thank you for agreeing to meet. I'm sure you know what this is about. And, I know who we can meet. Do you remember-" He paused when his datapad beeped with a message.

He held up a finger, and pulled it out to hold it out in front of him. He smiled as he read over the message from [member="Faith Organa"]. "Faith Organa...Who just messaged me, saying we can head to Corellia. I was wondering if you could join me on this meeting?" He trusted Lady Kay over anyone else, except Mute. She was someone that Darben trusted more. He sent a message back, saying that he would be glad to meet on Corellia. She owed him no favors, so he was so very grateful for her to agree to meeting.

Kay-Larr

Oh yes. The investigation into who attacked [member="Darben Skirae"] and Mute. She hadn't forgotten, just allowed the two some time to heal and for Mute to open up a bit and let Darben know why she was targeted. Whether or not she did so was anyone's guess.

She raised a brow as he mentioned [member="Faith Organa"] . "I remember seeing her at a meeting that Veiere and I attended. That didn't go very well. Not really on our part. It just wasn't a very peaceful meeting."

There was more to her past with Faith, but those memories were taken from her. And Kay wasn't one to keep a diary.

She got up from her desk. "If it will help the two of you, then I will go for a little while."

Darben graciously nodded toward [member="Lady Kay"], he was grateful that she agreed to come along with him to meet with [member="Faith Organa"]. "Thank you, Kay...Thank you." He started off out of the office, and out of the building where he hoped to find them a transport they could take, going slowly so Mute could keep up with him. "I...haven't been myself lately" he quietly murmured when he felt up to it. "And neither has Mute. She won't sign any words to me, nothing. And I can tell she hasn't been getting much sleep." If he was to be completely honest, neither was he. And he only hoped this trip would bring both of them some peace.

Kay-Larr

Kay nodded, giving both [member="Darben Skirae"] and Mute a small reassuring smile. However that faded as he continued to speak about how all of this had affected both of them. Not all can handle certain life threatening situations. She grew concerned as he explained how they both were having difficulties. That wasn't good, especially with the lack of sleep. "I've gone through some terrible things myself, so I know how terrifying it can be. Talking, no matter how difficult...it helps. As does being with others that care for you. If it helps, I'd like you two to visit me more often. And not just in my offices, but on outings as well. It'll help you heal."

A transport vessel was indeed waiting for them, the Free Lady. Both should recognize it. Kay led them inside and had her pilot finish the pre-flight checks. "Darben, please relay the co-ordinates to my pilot."

Darben found the idea welcoming, to talk with others as well as go on walks with those he considered friends. Perhaps it would ease Mute back into communicating with him in her own little way. [member="Lady Kay"], she was a great person he could consul with, even though he did not know of many of these 'terrible things' she had been through, minus that kidnapping and the events that followed. But that was mostly gone from his mind.

"Corellia System, please" he said to the pilot, then took a seat. He was up for some small talk, but now that he was on the ship, he grew tense as he always did with space travel. Though it was not only that, he was getting closed and closer to it all. The source of his most recent problems And he sincerely hoped that [member="Faith Organa"] would help him out.

"They found something on Mute, at the hospital." He lifted up the chip in his hand. He handled it with care, despite how much he wanted to just crush it and rid it from his life. "I think this was why they were after her." What he did not say was that he had already taken a look at it, and seen what was on it.

Faith was on one of the space stations above Corellia she often gazed out onto the remnants of Corellia thinking this could have been any planet but it was Corellia. She wanted to work with all the Corellians who worked to save their culture and their planet. It wasn't always easy but what task worth doing ever was.

She pondered also as she gazed out what was it that [member="Darben Skirae"] needed. She would have no idea that [member="Lady Kay"] would be with him.

She sent a communication to flight control for Corellia, "Be on the watch for a Commenori vessel and direct them to Station A-2." Faith closed the channel Corellia it seemed had many connections to denizens of the galaxy and many were now starting to reach out again.

She might have to appoint someone to handle all of the inquiries.

Kay-Larr

Once Kay learned of where they were going, she gave her pilot extra instructions. "Let [member="HK-36"] and the Metal Lords be aware that we are travelling in their space. We should have clearance, but I'd rather that they not be surprised." No doubt [member="Faith Organa"] would already be aware of their coming.

She then led [member="Darben Skirae"] and Mute down to the lounge area of the Free Lady and invited them to sit while she prepared some tea. Kay looked over her shoulder as Darben presented a chip. "What do you mean on her? Was it in one of her pockets? Any idea what's on it?" Her thoughts dwelled on a few ideas; bank info, gambling secrets, business contracts, etc. There were so many possibilities.

The Free Lady soon started it's flight. With the co-ordinates put in, the ship jumped into hyperspace once it was out of orbit.

Darben sat down, placing the chip down onto the table. He nodded to [member="Lady Kay"], it had been found on her. But, not in one of her pockets. No, it was deeper than that. "Under her skin. At first they thought it was a slaver tracking chip, and I thought so too...but then, I got a closer look at it. It's a data chip. I also looked at what's on it" he added, shooting Kay a look that said that what was on it, wasn't good news. "I want to hand it over to the Corellian government, but I don't have as many friends in high places as I used to." He tucked the chip back into one of his pants pockets, safely hidden from sight.

"That's why I wanted to meet with [member="Faith Organa"], she can do what is necessary with it, I am sure of it." On the chip, there was a lot of information. Information Mute's original captors no doubt planned on trading. Banking accounts, credit transfers, stock lists of illegal items. Something they would not ever want in the wrong hands. It explained so much to Darben, and hopefully Kay understand by now why he was trusting her with this information. "They don't know I'm a minister, most probably. But, if they knew that the Queen of Commenor was coming as well...They won't touch us." He felt slightly ashamed about stating the fact that he didn't want Kay to come along just as a friend. "I truly hope this won't affect our friendship. Really, I am sorry for not saying earlier."

Kay-Larr

Kay nodded as [member="Darben Skirae"] mentioned what was on that chip. It was asshe figured. Though how Mute got it under her skin remained to be seen. Did she do it? Or someone else? Was it her parents? Unfortunately she wasn't in any shape to give any answers.

Soon Darben relayed the real reason that she was asked to come along. It wasn't solely for support as much as it was for protection. And now that he had told her the truth, he was worried about her reaction. Truth was that if their roles were reversed, she might have done the same. "It's alright. What good is having a high position if one couldn't take advantage of it every now and then? I'd rather that you and Mute were safe. You're under my care and if being with you on this journey helps, then I won't turn you down. So try not to worry."

Darben couldn't be anymore glad to have [member="Lady Kay"]. Not only did she agree to coming along, and understood his predicament, she also was completely understanding over his reasoning for bringing her. He lent a smile of gratitude, as if to say 'I owe you one later'. And he did owe her one, for all the things she'd done for him. Given him a job, helping him here, and many other things.

After some time, he began to wonder how long exactly this trip was taking. Were they there yet? "How much longer is there till we set down?" he asked toward the pilot. He still did not like space travel, and it always made him nervous when he traveled through the empty space between worlds. He rested a reassuring hand on Mute's shoulder, but it was more of a way to assure himself that everything would go absolutely fine, until they would arrive to meet with [member="Faith Organa"]. Ever since the attack on his store, he couldn't help but think of her more and more like a daughter. And he had never dreamed of having a child, or adopting one.

Kay-Larr

Kay could see the relief written on [member="Darben Skirae"] 's face as she reassured him. He had stuck with her through troubling times, as much as she could remember anyways. Mute's body language and facial expression didn't seem to change at all.

As he asked about their arrival time, Kay glanced over to the chronometer. "We should be there shortly." Their pilot nodded in agreement.

Her thoughts then moved to [member="Faith Organa"] . Hopefully there wouldn't be many questions on their past. Kay didn't keep a diary and her memories of her friends were still absent. Even Darben was a stranger to her, one that she had gotten to know again due to their working together. Regardless, she knew that today was going to get a bit uncomfortable.

Flight control notified Faith when the Commenori vessel entered their sphere of influence. There was no indication that [member="Lady Kay"] was one of the visitors afterall Faith was only expecting [member="Darben Skirae"] and Mute.

Much changed and yet it did not. Faith did not look to the past she had to stay in the present, and look to the future. The health and well being of the Coalition and what to do to keep it stable filled her thoughts. There were a number of companies within the Coalition and they were busy making their deals and fortifying the planets where they were.

She always felt like there should be more just...what..

The tea service was brought in and set up the only things left off were the treats, and hot water to make the tea. She knew that she and Kay both favored tea and if she remembered correctly Darben didn't mind it either. Again her thoughts dwelled on Darben what was the purpose of his visit.

Well...the answers were forthcoming.

Darben closed his eyes to put his mind to rest, at least until they would arrive to Corellia. The pilot and [member="Lady Kay"] both agreed that they would arrive very soon to the system, Darben's home system. He wondered if any of his old friends, distant family and perhaps mentors still lived around on Corellia, although he doubted he would have time to visit if he did.

Once the ship lands he feels the jolt of landing gear touching a landing pad. He almost bolted right up, thinking they had crashed for a moment, and that even showed on his face. The fear for a second, until he realized they were all well. "Mute, come on" he said as he stood, he expected Kay would follow along, or even lead the way off the ship. "You remember Faith, don't you?" he asked to Mute. She gave a slight nod. That's as much as he ever got these days. "She's going to help us, all right?" As he exited the ship, he was surprised that [member="Faith Organa"] wanted to in fact meet on a space station, and not the planet itself. "Uh...well, this is slightly unexpected." He waited there for a representative to come, and when they would, or perhaps Faith herself, he would follow to the meeting place.

Kay-Larr

Kay watched [member="Darben Skirae"] and Mute. Or moreso she watched how he looked after her. He was very much like a father to her, or even an older brother. She didn't go through any of that in her life. Her Father, [member="Tobias Larr"], had disowned her as soon as he discovered her Force sensitivity. She had sent him an invitation to her wedding, but as expected, he didn't show up. Perhaps it was better this way.

She followed in behind them, not wanting to overshadow their visit at all. Kay was there for moral support and to help keep them company during the flight. Her attention was drawn towards others in the vacinity, almost searching for someone else to be aiming for her two staff members. But nothing happened. Thankfully.

[member="Faith Organa"]

Corellia - so many referred to it as Brokerellia and HK had even gone as far as naming it Droidellia but it was the Netherworld Event that had changed everything. How many others had ventured this far to see what had become of Corellia.

Faith decided that she would meet [member="Darben Skirae"] and Mute. She made sure the Bekah had everything ready, "Keep it warm, I'll be back" She wandered through the corridors as easily as she did her ancestral home. The station had become home these last few months as they worked through agreements, and sifted through paperwork.

She let go of the burden that weighed on her here and when she walked into the hangar deck she smiled brightly with a slight pause realizing that [member="Lady Kay"] was with him. This was not an official visit so Faith assumed that Kay was here in support of whatever it was Darben wished to ask but she felt odd to not greet her according to the custom that her rank deserved.

"Greetings everyone Welcome to Corellia Station forgive the lack of formalities I wasn't aware that the Queen of Commenor traveled with you." She looked at Darben as if to say a warning would have been nice. Faith looked from face to face and nodding, "Come I have tea set up. Kay it is good to see you again I think you'll like the tea we are serving. It seems ages since we spoken." Much it seemed had happened to both perhaps they could catch up in a bit first she wanted to get her guests out of the hangar.

Darben spotted [member="Faith Organa"] coming toward them, and gave a wave. Half of the wave cut when he noticed the look he got from her, and he understood. It certainly was his bad for not calling ahead that [member="Lady Kay"] was to be coming along with them. He nodded toward Faith, and began to follow her out of the hangar.

"I am sorry for such short notice, but you see..." He had originally thought about discussing it in private, but he owed Faith that much to begin speaking of the reason for his visit. "I was attacked on Commenor, and I have reason to believe it was by a small gang on Corellia. And I have something that they would rather I not have my hands on." He pulled the chip out, resting it on his palm before putting it back into his jacket pocket. "So, I have come to you, hoping you can put it into the right hands."

Kay-Larr

Kay merely bowed her head, noticing the look that [member="Faith Organa"] gave [member="Darben Skirae"] . It wasn't as though she was one for formalities anyways, but some liked to make a big deal about it. Tea was always welcomed though.

It had been a while since they last spoke, but she didn't think that they spoje for long at the meeting. Just the regular formalities. Still, she wasn't going to point any of it out. Darben was already talking by then, relaying some of the facts that brought them there. Kay kept looking about, trying to look more or less like a tourist, but really she was still keeping an eye out for danger.

"Let's go get that tea....shall we?" That was her cue to Darben to urge them to go somewhere more secure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom