Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Silence of The Lambs [TSE Open Training]

9KfaRue.png
Sith Temple of Korriban
[X]

[member="Valin Stryder "]| [member="Lark"] | [member="Darth Murn"]
Chaos theory said things fall apart, chaos theory said everything is random, everything is atrophy and unknown and there is no way you will ever control it or understand it. That it's all just guessing, you can't even count the possibilities you can never know, you can never prepare, you can never do anything about it. crap just happened. It happened ferociously and unstoppably, all physics and beyond the physics, rapidly changing numbers and beyond the numbers...who knows.

Chaos theory would be pondered for thousands of years.

Can you tell a smile from a veil? They were indistinguishable here, they were a permanent fixture of this Utopian city. As much a fixture as the invisible walls, or beckoning, threatening virus, a bell from a tower, the summons. Year after year, these would remain until they crumbled, and me veil would remain as well. Only time could erode it.

Bright eyes moistened in a young mans sockets as he stared at outward at the ancient architecture from within the comfort of his vehicle...the mysterious man seemed to of arrived sooner than he intended and thus found himself just staring quietly out his tinted window. He sat patiently as if waiting for something to be drawn to him, by fate, by chance, by aggression or any other motive. Hell maybe he did understand chaos theory. Maybe deep inside he knew how things tended to unravel.

"Time is running out...she'll be arriving soon~" He growled, closing his eyes and inhaling deeply through his nostrils. His driver adjusted the rear view mirror and focused its lens on the nameless figure in the backseat.

"Then you best get a move on sir. You know how she hates to be kept waiting...best to have everything ready before she gets here." The Driver mused, making the masked man in the back sigh deeply.

"Just...stay here. Read a book or somethin, we're gonna be here a while." He commanded, adjusting his hat and popping the door of the vehicle open. A single boot greeting the dirt as the man pushed himself out and twisted his neck, audibly cracking the bones as the man adjusted his tie and fixed his suit.

It was gonna be a long day and Kruger had no desire to be involved with whatever she had planned but at this point he was in no position to disobey her request. And that noted he pulled on the brim of his hat and made his way towards the front of the temple. A Sith Pureblood draped in red robes standing at the entrance as if waiting for the masked man. The two quickly recognized one another and Kruger opened his arms as if to greet the man with a hug. The two sharing a rather quick embrace as the two chuckled boisterously.

"It's been to long my friend~" The Sith mused, his voice heavy with worry as the man in black reached up to pull off his hat, bringing it down to his chest as he looked the old man over. Immediately he shook his head and gave him a good look over. "How are you? I hear you've found a new calling."

"Five years right? Crazy how time flies eh?" Kruger teased, giving the Sith a pat on the shoulder and the two turned around to enter the temple. "And i am doing well Darsha, and yes. I've recently been employed by a...eccentric individual. Which is actually the reason i'm here today."

"Oh? Business as usual then?" Darsha replied with a quirked brow. "You told me what you needed me to do before you arrived but you never did mention why. Should i be concerned?"

"Concerned? No, not at all. Truthfully i'm not entirely sure what is happening either but basically my boss has been out of commission for...a very long time. She's been out the game for a while and she wants to see whats changed." Kruger explained, narrowing his eyes tightly from behind his helmet. Darsha gave a brief nod of understanding and weighed his head back and forth'.

"What is this all about Kruger? You vanish for half a decade then pop back up out of the blue like this? Asking me to assemble some of our best and brightest. What's going on?" Darsha asked in a hushed tone as the masked man shifted his gaze along the interior of the temple as if looking to see if they were being watched.

"Look all i know, is she said she wanted to see how things have progressed. She thought the best way to see was to see how our...newer recruits are fairing alright. I don't know why or what her motive is but i learned that trying to understand how she thinks is only going to give you a headache." He explained, keeping his hat tucked beneath his arm as they walked through the temples halls. "She's a little weird and i think it would be in both our interest if we just play along and let her do her little thing. She just wants to see the new 'lambs' as she calls them."

Darsha stared, grimacing at the explanation before stopping in the middle of the hall.

"Ok i'll bite. Who do you work for? Because you sound like you have no clue whats happening and you rarely are out of any kind of loop" Darsha replied, running a hand along his chin as Kruger began to chuckle darkly.

"Darsha, i don't even know her name. Everyone just calls her Red~" Kruger answered, making Darsha squint suspiciously.

"...Red? I don't know anyone named Red." He muttered, forcing a low sigh out of Kruger.

"Frankly that is probably a good thing. Now, she'll be here any minute and if things aren't perfect then it's my ass so please tell me you made good on that favor you owed me?" Kruger urged, making Darsha shake his head and drop the subject for now.

"Yes, i've called the meeting. Hard to say who all will show up but the ones who show the most potential have all been called to the courtyard. Some of our Acolytes were on assignments and i had to recall them so whatever you and your 'master' have planned had better be worth it because i can't do something like this again for you." Darsha replied, folding his arms behind his back as they stepped out of the temple and out unto the courtyard where many were gathered. Either quietly standing or socializing with one another as the two exchanged glances. About a good dozen were already there and that lifted a weight in Krugers chest.

"Good, this is good. I appreciate it Lord Darsha." Kruger mused, lifting his hat and sliding it back onto his helmet as he stood statuesque over them, examining each of the individuals gathered from behind his cold mask.

"Yes, yes, i know. So then, when exactly will your master arrive? I can't exactly hold them here forever without reason." Darsha asked with a quirked brow. Kruger simply shrugged in response.

"I have no idea but she tends to always show up right when she needs to. But on another note, what can you tell me about the 'lambs' gathered here today? I count a lot of heads, are your sizes typically this large?" He asked curiously. The two going back and forth among themselves as they waited for everyone to arrive to the Courtyard.

It was gonna be a very long day indeed. And the game hadn't even begun...

Yet~

OOC
​This thread was made with the intention of three things. One, testing the might and power of The Empires Acolytes and Knights in a fun gauntlet. Scouting potential apprentices for Ravanous to take under her wing, and to provide an entertaining spectating sport for Sith Lords or Commanders who wanna just linger and observe or perhaps even participate to really make things crazy.

Thread is open to all TSE members. Have fun kiddos~

eIZ43ZX.png
Korriban. It had been a lengthy span of time since the Phoenix had been to this planet, whether for business with the Sith or pleasure with the servants, although the latter was no longer possible given their state of being. Fortunately, their reason for being upon the planet's red surface once again was the former. To hear of a new gauntlet being run for Acolytes and Knights enticed the Phoenix endlessly, and they had no choice but to visit the world to watch the festivities.

The Temple loomed on the horizon, an artifact of ages past that still held the power to sway the fate of the Galaxy, the fate of the Empire. Fitting that the gauntlet would be held there of all places. They wondered to themselves what prowess would be revealed and who would be victorious and who would fall and die in worthless fashion. Question the Phoenix had no choice but to ask themselves.

Just like they also had no choice but to bring their companions along for the visit, as per the very orders they gave them. Not far behind the Phoenix rested the Nosferatu, their new personal ship that enabled planetary visitation much easier than the Ruthless Vanguard which still orbited the planet. From within quickly came the three companions they had decided to bring: Yacmoa-Eaha'm, Jargaza-Yshu, and Vigilant Salvation. All three would do their jobs spectacularly as they had for months up to this point.

"Of all places, master, you had to bring us here," Jargaza-Yshu grunted as he hefted his obsidian blade onto his shoulder. "We should be fighting, not watching others fight! No offense meant, master."

"None taken, my son," the Phoenix rasped in response. "You may personally fight yet."

The idea brought a crack of a smile to the Fiend's tusked lips, but nothing more could be said before Yacmoa-Eaha'm piped up with a sigh, "The mysteries we could find here. Master, could we explore following this event? I would love-"

"No," the Phoenix replied curtly. "We observe, show respect, and then leave. There is much to do in the coming days. We are here by necessity, for you to see and to learn. One of the Sith that survives the gauntlet may become an apprentice to you, my sons."

"Yes, master," the Dark Jedi said with a tinge of sadness mixed with understanding, casting a glance to the even more mysterious Vigilant Salvation, who said nothing at all.

They were good soldiers and better children. They sought to always please their master whether through violence or chores around their many homes. But Lorale was a difficult beast to please, always finding faults, minor or otherwise. They would of course immediately set out to fix them, and only them would the Phoenix be content with their efforts.

The ever conflicted Yacmoa-Eaha'm pondered this as the Temple drew closer, wondering if he would ever be able to fully impress the Phoenix with his actions. Perhaps today was one such opportunity to do so.

Iron Knight Loarko

I
OOC: Old member just getting back into things after being gone for a year plus, figured I'd give this a shot.

The idea of a gauntlet piqued the interest of the Shard. It was quite some time since he had any action. He had left the Sith Order years ago to pursue a life of tranquility away from conflict. However, it wasn't too long before Loarko desired more then sitting around and meditating. The Sith Empire was growing and he wanted to take part in it. The only problem being how. Of course, he could act as a foolish radical and merely claim allegiance without ever meeting anyone affiliated, but that wasn't appropriate in his eyes. A more truthful approach was required, he needed to meet with the higher ups of said faction and undergo as much training as physically possible for him. This gauntlet was designed to do just that.

Oh and a narrator must not forget the origin location of the adventure. Loarko was a low income worker on Tattooine. He did odd jobs where could to gain money to house himself (being that he's a shard he saved money that he'd otherwise be spending on food). He lived in a small apartment complex with little possessions. Asked if he wanted to leave Tattooine, his answer was yes. A taxi service was his way out and Loarko used scraped the last of the coin from his wallet into the pocket of the driver. A one way ticket to Korriban was on tap tonight. Sleeping was only natural as the journey was long but after awhile the speeder in which he was driven landed near the temple. If he were a blood-having organism he'd be blushing, he was finally here. A short walk was all that was required now to enter this palace of thought, this was it. He intertwined with the throng of other recruits there and waited for what was next. Only time would tell how he'd fair in the challenge coming...

(x)
The girl stood with training blade in hand as the visitors began to approach the group, fist tightening around the wooden handle of the large staff as the academy guard watched over her in silence. They knew it was only a matter of time before Marceline decided to try and leave the gauntlet, but it wasn't her choice. No, the young woman was forced into this by the pure blooded sith man that came to her the night before along with the other students he deemed fit, those to apparently make a show, so he said at the very least.

Blue eyes locked on the forms of the two friends as they entered the training grounds to oversee all, the staff in her hand releasing an audible crack as her fingers dug into its form. Older than most that would find themselves at the academy, Marceline Gwenevere Kadrian var Attre II, was a supervised acolyte. Sold to the Empire to do little more than line her parents pockets, the fair skinned girl with hair bleached by suns glare made no individuals life easy, however she was chosen for a reason, and that was the only reason she was spared a death by the blade.

"Carson, you know there's no reason for me to be here, if its a Lord looking for an apprentice, it isn't going to be me they choose." The girl glanced through her peripheral vision at the guard to her left with pike at the ready, blaster hooked at his side. Anyone having been in the Korriban academy for more than a day would have known of the reason her assigned guards were always on edge, though this guard was less so, the one that survived the longest around her, perhaps by her choice.

"You know I can't let you leave Marceline, just deal with their poking and prodding and you can go back to your room after. I really don't want to have to make a scene." The guard spoke back as they watched her with careful eyes through the holes in their helm. Another across the way also had eyes on her, fingers shifting over a blaster just barely hooked at their side.

"You wouldn't survive me making a scene." The girls focus returned to the visitor, a look at hatred welling up as she felt all eyes staring over the group of them. The last thing Marceline wanted to do was be forced to show off her abilities, though she had a sinking feeling she would have to today.

[member="Iron Knight Loarko"] | [member="Lorale Farmar"] | [member="Darth Ravenous"]

Lark

Saint of the Damned
For the first time in what seemed like an eternity, Lark's attention wasn't utterly devoted to the abyssal tome bound to his hip. That twisted arcanum of enigmas revealed all manner of primordial truths that he was not yet powerful enough to weaponize, only through rigorous punishment and an unyielding will would he ever master the Necronomicon. Every line of cursed calligraphy he read threatened to drive him mad, but in time Lark would overwhelm the ancient specters haunting those withered pages with his own monstrous thoughts and powers. Lark cared not how infernal the beings he offended by possessing the tome were. Let them peer into his mind and see the horrors within. He'd make the gods kneel before him if challenged.

Grand thoughts for an acolyte, Lark chided himself. The cosmos will bear witness to humanity's true nature in time. But ambition unchecked leads to an early demise. I am stronger than I was eight years ago. But I can become even stronger still.

Instead of studying the Necronomicon or socializing with the other acolytes and knights gathered by some unknown person, Lark's gaze read a different, less ghastly book. It was a short novel about a cowardly duke who was more keen to seduce women, gamble, and drink than live up to his noble duties. The Duke lied and betrayed his friends and family, abandoning them when a coup led by a separate noble family usurped their house. The Duke danced from one allegiance to another, doing whatever it took to save his own head and get a bit of coin in his pocket. In the final pages of the story, the young duke gets his happily ever after, never paying the price for deceiving the entire world. "Huh," Lark muttered, smiling faintly at the surprising conclusion.

He gently closed the book, perhaps he'd add The Duke to his list of personalities. Lark doubted he'd need him for the upcoming gauntlet, or whatever task awaited those gathered in the courtyard. But Lark would adjust his personality as the situation saw fit, and The Duke was a master of survival no matter the costs, all while ensuring that events played to his favor. A useful skill to have when surrounded by Sith.

[member="Marceline"] [member="Iron Knight Loarko"][member="Lorale Farmar"] [member="Darth Ravenous"]

Dok arrived later than he had intended to, one of his personal...hobbies had distracted him for longer than anticipated. Still, it seemed he was not late, and would not spark the displeasure of a master for it. He settled into his own spot, not to close or to far from any other in the area. He had intended to be here early, not apparently nearly late. Still, nearly late wasn't late, and so far as he could tell, he'd drawn no ire from a Lord for it. Finally, once he was confident his arrival had stopped bringing the eyes of any smart enough to study him, he cast his eyes to the crowd around him. He was not afraid of their gaze, no he wanted them to think he was a fool that did not study a potential adversary, or ally.

Dok's face was impassive in the gathered crowd, eyes scanning from rival to rival, for that was what they were in what was to come. His icy eyes held little hint of the emotion behind them, a skill he had mastered long ago. He appeared calm, and impassive at nearly all times, even when rage burned, and fury beckoned. The cold embrace of the dark side surrounded him, but he bore none of the signs most did, not even the yellow eyes. His large furred cloak was wrapped around him as always, keeping his posture hidden, his hands a mystery. There was variety here, acolytes and knights of every path. Sorcerer and Warrior aspirants and everything in between. Certainly an interesting variety, and one that would only make guessing the results of what lay before them even more unpredictable. His gaze never settled on one person for more than a few seconds.

Beneath his cloak, his hands still bore the dust of the stone, and the smell of scorched wood, however faint. A personal project, nothing major, just something to occupy his interests, had left it's mark. He brushed his hands off on his clothing beneath the cloak, and opened the cloak up now that they were clean. His posture, now more fully revealed, was relaxed, but not complacent. He allowed himself a smile as he pondered what was before him. Today was another chance to prove himself, one he had long been lacking. If he ever wanted to advance, wanted to prove himself, this was the moment he needed. Still, odds were not stacked in his favor, but that just made the challenge, the thrill of it all, more interesting. Dok rolled his shoulders in preparation, his form wasn't powerful, but it was lithe, and like all Umbarans, agile, even more than normal.

[member="Darth Ravenous"] | [member="Lorale Farmar"] | [member="Iron Knight Loarko"] | [member="Marceline"] | [member="Lark"]

mcqW9Lll.jpg
"By the will of the Allfathers, i have come to free the wolves among you" - Ravenous
[member="Dok Varuut "]| [member="Lark"] | [member="Marceline"] | [member="Iron Knight Loarko"] | [member="Lorale Farmar"]​
Children are casualties of war, that is to be commonly accepted; whether through the innocence reaped from them, their very lives, or by other means, do they suffer. Some are dealt an unlucky, bad hand. There was a time when The Wolf herself was a young pup whose outlook on the world around her was murky and grim, but if she were to dwell on her position in life, she would without hesitation comment that she triumphed through suffering with a smile. Yes, as a girl Ravenous was born into an environment that harvested all negatively-raw emotions...An upbringing befitting for a future of violence and unchecked aggression in her everyday life.

In fact, now that she thought about it her parents appeared to be an ever-elusive memory. Well, that's quite the understatement. The woman in black seems completely unknowing of her immediate kin. Although she pondered of their occupations, fantasized of what they were like, she doubts their professions accounted for anything truly important. But, not even she knows. Perhaps a bastard-child to the Mistress of a Grand Moff? Perhaps the daughter of high school sweethearts? She supposes time would tell in the end. In the mind of Ravenous there are more pressing matters to attend to than ponder the circumstances of her birth.

No no no, today...today was a special day. A smile spread across her raven painted lips as she chuckled in delight, excitement swelling in her chest as a whisper pushed its way into her subconscious.

"I smell prey. Are they mine to devour?" The voice would ask, immediately causing Ravenous to roll her single eye so far into her skull it looked as if she were looking at her own backside.

"Noooooo, don't even. I explained to you already what would be happening today so don't go trying to eat anyone. Not yet at least, mamma has to inspect the goods." She replied in amusement.

"But...i'm hungry~" The shadow complained, making shake her head.

"Darling, please, you are ALWAYS hungry. You just ate~" Vanya hissed in annoyance.

"Two days ago..."

She made a face and looked around the ship as it was brought down to the surface of Korriban. Her expression puzzled as she lifted a hand and waved it in front of the pilot as they were brought down.

"Psst, hey? How long have we been flying?" She asked curiously, the pilot immediately slapping her hand away from his vision as he focused on the task at hand. Not trying to crush any of the poor little lambs gathered below in the courtyard. Flying the ship over them and finding a nice space in a clearing close to where Kruger and Lord Darsha were socializing together. Once the ship touched down the pilot flicked from switched, pulled some levers and shut the engines down before looking to Ravenous who was sitting beside him.

"We've been flying for about five days. You slept the last two..." He replied bluntly, making the woman blink rapidly in surprise.

"Five days? Are you sure? Feels like we've only flown a couple hours at least. I only took one nap during the whole trip is my sense of time that out of whack?" She questioned, looking at the digital clock before smacking her lips, unable to really read it.

"Look, ma'am. I just wanna take a nap my damn self. So please, feel free to stay for however long you want. And when your ready to leave let me know. In the meantime...bye~" The little gremlin explained before hopping out his seat, heading over to the other side of the ship and vanishing into one of the halls. She sat there for a long while deciding how she wanted to proceed when suddenly the voice of her shadow rang within her ears once again.

"Does this mean i can eat?" The shadow asked, making Vanya throw her hands into the air dramatically.

"Allfathers help me, FINE! Yes, you can eat. But only the ones who don't survive." She offered, hopping up out the chair and making her way towards the doors of the ship.

"What if they all survive?" The shadow quipped back making Vanya shift her head back and forth.

"I don't know, what am i psychic? I'll figure it out. Now zip it, mommy is working." She demanded, the doors of her ship slowly peeling open and revealing the dry land of Korriban, her gaze immediately finding the many, many Acolytes and Knights all gathered in the center of the courtyard. A number of both delightful and nauseating scents wafted into her nostrils which made her both alert and lightheaded at the same time. That icy blue eye flicking across each of their faces as she scanned them from a distance. Stepping off the ship with her fur coat hugging her tightly, As she adjusted her tie and pulled off her hat to wave it in front of her face to dismiss some of the dust flying around her. "Well...isn't this a pleasant surprise?" She cooed, her toothy fangs exposed as she grinned wickedly. Kruger quickly reuniting with his master as he approached her with Lord Darsha on his tail. Vanya quickly gasped in excitement, opening her arms wide and giggling with glee as she advanced towards the lovely doctor.

"Good evening Mistress, i trust your flight went we-" Kruger was cut off when he was suddenly scooped up by the slightly shorter woman. Her arms wrapping around his torso and hoisting him into the air as she practically crushed his spine in a monstrous hug. Kruger wheezed from behind his mask, Lord Darsha observing the scene with complete shock along with the others who were gathered simply watching this all unfold from only twenty or so yards away.

"Luger! I missed you darling its been dreadful, simply miserable! That pilot of yours is such a stickler! He doesn't laugh at any of my jokes! Quick, say something nice to me~" She cooed, the rapid thrashing of the mans heart pulsing within her ears as she practically squeezed him to death.

"I thought his name was Kruger?" The shadow whispered in confusion.

"Yes i know, thats what i said. Luger~" She quipped back innocently.

Lord Darsha just watched as his old friend was being crushed by this...really weird woman who radiated dark energy so potent it almost made his stomach turn. He had a hard time believing that this eccentric individual was the one who commanded the respect of a savage like Kruger. Hell, the fact he was even allowing her to hold him in the air like that told Darsha that something about her was off.

No, not something.

Everything about her was off. She carried herself differently than other Sith he had encountered. And yet she was the one who requested this whole event...Darsha felt compelled to learn more. He approached her carefully, lifting a hand to his mouth and coughing in it as if to get her attention. Which worked almost instantly as she dropped Kruger back to the ground and immediately focused her eye on Darsha, closing the distance within seconds and reaching out to snatch his hand before he could even react. Pulling him into a barbaric hug as well by wrapping her arms around him and squeezing with a level of strength he had not expected from such a small woman. His spine crackled and popped from the pressure as he gasped dramatically from the surprise.

"I don't know who you are but you smell simply divine! Oh i could just eat you up~" She whispered to Darsha before dropping him as well. Her mind racing with so many new scents, faces, and potential. Today was indeed a gift it seemed, shifting her gaze quickly to the many individuals gathered in the yard she immediately made her way towards them. "So these are the little lambs? Oh how precious i love them darling, absolutely love them! Buuuuuut...there are quite a few of you and i don't have much room on my ship. This won't do at all, there are WAY to many of you." She mused, pulling her hat off and scratching her hair as she looked over each of them before looking back to Kruger who was currently trying to fix his back along with Darsha.

"Hey Luger! Were there always this many? I don't remember there being this many apprentices at once last time i was around. Used to be like two...three tops. I can't help but think you were more worried about quantity than quality Darling." She called out rather loudly in front of the lot of them. Many exchanging glances and confused murmurs as Kruger straitened himself out and waddled back over to her.

"My...name...is...Kruger..." He told her, catching his breath and adjusting his breather built into his helmet. "And i did not know how many would show. Lord Darsha put out the signal, he summoned everyone with the best grades and highest honors." He explained, taking a knee beside her and rubbing his back painfully as Vanya slid her hat back on and rubbed her chin thoughtfully.

"Mm, that so? So everyone here is considered 'that' good huh? Alright, fair enough." She shrugged, stepping closer to them and inhaling deeply to speak when suddenly she stopped. Making a face and sucking in through her teeth as if she had witnessed someone get hurt.

"Uhhhh, kark. Luger, i forgot." She muttered to him as he sighed deeply at her saying his name wrong again.

"Forgot what?" He asked, slowly standing his full height and exhaling deeply.

"I forgot the words." She panicked. Giving him a look.

"What words?" He asked again, unsure what she was even talking about.

"OK! Sorry everyone, terribly sorry about all this~" She called out to the younglings before her. "I had this uhhh. This whole big speech planned and i had some really clever lines that were gonna be deep and philosophical but um. Yeah i forgot it all, so with that being said we get to improve. Fun right?" She told them honestly, clapping her hands together and rubbing them as if scheming up something while looking among them. "My name is Vanya Valentine. My friends call me Red, and my enemies call me...whatever they wan't i don't know. BUT, once upon a time i was called Darth Ravenous. You might of heard of me...probably not, but ya might of. Point is...i have come here for uhhhhhhh, two things?" She mused, holding up two fingers while looking at Kruger for confirmation.

Kruger held up a hand with three fingers. She quickly corrected and held up three as well.

"Three things! Three things, not two. Firstly! I've come to witness just how much The Sith Brotherhood has improved."

"Empire~" Kruger corrected. Vanya made a face and looked at him.

"Empire? We're an empire now? When did this happen?" She asked, clearly confused.

"A long time ago ma'am." He replied simply as Darsha slowly regrouped with them.

"Really? Huh...alright then. How the Sith EMPIRE has improved...no, no, i can't do it. Brotherhood sounds better." She said with a shrug.

"We are a Brotherhood as well." Darsha quipped this time, making Vanya throw her hands into the air.

"Allfathers dammit all! Are we a karking Empire or a Brotherhood? Its one or the other we can't be both~" She snapped at them, Kruger and Darsha both exchanging looks before replying.

"Brotherhood." "Empire." The each said at once, making Vanya slam a hand into her face and shake her head.

"Sith, i'll just use Sith. Jeez i'm out here trying to make an impression and you two are really just dropping the ball. Anyways, yes, how far The Sith have come which apparently ain't very far based on these two. I am here to test your might and i'll be honest...someone is probably gonna be mad at me because i intend on at least killing...eh, i dunno, half of you? Is half good?" She asked Kruger who once again looked at Darsha who had a shocked look on his face.

"Whoa wait, what are you saying? If you wish to train them then do so but i can't allow you to just slaughter our future! Who do you think you are!?" Darsha hissed, slowly drawing his saber from within his cloak as he realized what was happening rather quickly.

Ravenous didn't even hear him.

"HALF IT IS! Lovely. The second reason i am here is because for a long time my work has lacked focus. My passion needs something to be directed into and from now on i will personally be overseeing mission assignments for many of you...at least until i get bored. And lastly!" She held up her third finger as Darsha clenched his teeth and activated his Saber beside her as she continued to speak.

"The stars are overflowing with sheep my beloved children, sheep with no shepherd and lost in the void of emptiness within themselves. But do not despair, The Allfathers have delivered unto me a vision and granted me sight beyond sight. Among the helpless lambs there are my brothers and sisters, struggling against the herd while trapped in the cage of sheep's clothing...So if there are truly wolves among you my children...i am here...to set you free." She cooed to them like a mother, her eye focused on them as the buzzing of a Lightsaber swinging towards her horizontally. The heat from the blade made the hair on her neck tingle as the blade found its way to her neck before suddenly the sparks from the saber sizzled and flew when coming into contact with her hand. Her fingers wrapped around the blade to halt it from her flesh as powerful, dark energy spilled from her arm within an instant her other hand found its way buried into Darshas chest. Blood splattering across the dirt and the saber defusing as the hilt dropped to the floor.

"And now we talk rules...simply put, there are none. In the wild there are no codes of honor, it's kill or be killed. And lucky for you i now have an opponent for you all to face. So lets make the game interesting shall we? Survive...and you will keep your lives. But should you slay the beast, i will reward you handsomely with power, knowledge, and luxury." She explained while keeping eye contact with Darsha as the life faded from his eyes. His flesh decaying quickly and twisting into black, twisted flesh as his body broke down and reconstructed itself. His form grew in mass, bones crackling and snapping out of place as spires erupted from his back, hands and legs. Vanya then dropped the body to the floor, blood trickling down her arm as the corpse continued to deform itself into a horrific creature on the floor. Kruger stared in shock from behind his mask as his once dear friend was turned into some kind of monster before his very eyes.

And from where Darsha once laid. In his place was now a wicked beast, wheezing and gargling blood from its maw as it took its first new breath of life. Vanya watched as many of the Acolytes recoiled, pulling away from the beast and quickly going for their weapons as the creatures eyes quickly focused on them.

"This is...i'm gonna call him Ori. This my lambs is one of my personal creations, i spent a lot of time creating them and this is one of my more destructive breeds. Think of him as a Hellhound...NOW THEN! THE GAME IS SET!" She exclaimed, reaching into her pocket and withdrawing three, golden coins with silver ornate designs that each pulsed with force energy. "And one last thing. If that i hear is true, and all of you truly possess not only the will to survive, but the will to excel beyond expectations. Ori here is connected to me. So if anyone manages to get these three coins from my possession, you will effectively 'kill' me and thus the beast as well and the game will end. Those who attain said coins will then have the option to become my own personal apprentices. You will then gain access to my resources, my knowledge, and my power. Something very few are prepared to handle but hey, since when has that stopped us before eh?" She cooed, flipping the three coins through her fingers and walking behind the massive hellhound and giving it a harsh slap on the rump.

"Now MUSH! Have fun kids, try not to be the first one-"

Before she could even finish her sentence the beast pounced into the air, falling down upon a Knight who had triggered his lightsaber and prepared to cleave the beast clean in half. The blade pushing into the creatures bone like armor along its chest and sliding right off, the poor knight being crushed beneath the massive weight of the beast as it then began to tear into the Knight. Screaming and gargling erupting into the sky as the beast tore him apart before quickly advancing deeper into the crowd to attack. Many of them immediately scattered and made distance while others prepared to fight.

"Oof, that was fast. Alright so while they do all that you wanna get some lunch Luger? I'm starved darling, haven't eaten in hours." She asked, tossing the coins she had mentioned back and forth between her hands and fiddling with them openly as Kruger just stared at the creature that was once his friend attack those he had been the one to summon. And while they all focused on him, the Knight who was the first to fall began to go through a transformation similar to Darsha himself. And within only a minute, there were then two of them. And one by one they fell, and one by one beast took their places as their souls were twisted by Vanyas intent.

It was time, little lambs. Will you be silenced like sheep to the slaughter...or will the wolves among you rise?

Mother is waiting~

Dok hadn't known what to think of the odd woman, this Vanya Valentine...no, Darth Ravenous, a truly intriguing name. She was more cheerful than most Sith, and it seemed to catch at least some of those milling about him off guard. Still, he could fill the cold of the dark side radiating off her, there was no doubt of that. She was powerful, and had some intriguing abilities, judging by the Hellhounds that were multiplying around them. One of which Dok was engaged with. It's resistant armor proved problematic, but Dok could turn it to his advantage. He was trained in the use of all the common forms of lightsaber combat, as well as Jar'Kai. Makashi emphasized parrying and footwork for it's defense, precise but lacking in power. He compensated for this by combining it with Jar'Kai, his two curved-hilt lightsabers served him well, especially in control of his blade. Parrying a monster like this though was almost as bad an idea as trying to overpower it, well. for Dok anyway. He was sure others here could block them just fine, maybe even overwhelm them with brute force. For him though, he needed to get it off balance, and find an opening. Dok decided to take a gamble, many sithspawn were sensitive to light, both literal and force. While he could muster no force-light attacks on the creature, he could create some light, and more besides.

Dok slashed his dual blades into the ground, creating little sparks of flame. From there it was simple enough task to bring coax them into growing larger, and spreading across the ground at the monster. While the trail of flames roared forward, attempting to consume the beast, Dok began circling, at a distance. His eyes and ears were open, he would not allow himself to be flanked by the growing threat in the arena, for that was what it was now. His lightsabers were both ready, but his mind was also on the blaster holstered on his back. He was being hunted, so he must hunt back. He was ready to spring into action at any moment, and as he circled, his pace quickly picked up, until he was sprinting around it, if it let him flank it he might be able to score a hit through that bone armor. If it didn't, he wouldn't be something it could pin down with a simple leap. Speed and agility were Dok's strong suits in battle, but he was up against something that seemed to have both speed and power. What concerned him now was the mind behind it, if it was bestial, he stood a chance, but if it was smarter than it looked, he would have to duck, dodge, and weave to survive. Already a plan was forming in his head, a risky one, but it depended on the beast if he would use it, or favor something more...conventional.

[member="Darth Ravenous"] | [member="Lorale Farmar"] | [member="Iron Knight Loarko"] | [member="Marceline"] | [member="Lark"]

Iron Knight Loarko

I
To say Vanya Valentine was peculiar is about the same as saying humans can walk, that being very obvious. To possess the demeanor she has and be a Sith at the same time is not something you often see. Perhaps she was psychotic, or it was something more sinister. Whatever it was it surely helped to lighten the mood. Compare being trained by Vanya to having a rough class but with a the best teacher in the whole school, it makes things so much easier. Any kind of training for Sith and Jedi alike is a generally grueling task. No one wants to fail, having someone with an apparent light heart de-stresses the situation.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Loarko watched intently as Ravenous exited her ship. Something looked off about her but the Shard wasn't quite able to pinpoint what it was. He exchanged glances with his colleagues as she did the same with her's. She quipped about how the amount of people attending this training was higher then last time. The Sith began to address the crowd. A man by the name of Kruger had to correct her multiple times, and Loarko stifled a laugh before quickly standing rigid again. Perhaps she had been away for a long time and was just now getting back into things. One would think they'd give her a refresher but as her reputation preceded her this was easily forgivable. Out of no where at all Darsha could be seen taking a swing at the Sith Lord with his saber. Foolish as he was his quick demise was nothing short of expecting. What wasn't however was the violent start their training would have. The former Darsha was transformed into this beastly thing that was incomprehensible. How such a thing came to be was far beyond him, but this appeared to be the objective. Actually, more like a side quest as the main task was to obtain one of three coins from Vanya. Do that and she said that they could become one of her apprentices. This enticed the Shard very much, he longed for more knowledge and power.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Following the transformation of Darsha...

Loarko looked on in horror as the beastly apparition took form. It immediately set out on attacking his fellow acolytes and quickly found itself upon one such recruit. Like a shredder to paper he was ripped apart before he too turned into one of these beasts. How am I supposed to defeat this thing he thought to himself as he watched the carnage ensue. Figuring that standing there wasn't a good option he ignited his saber pike and began circling the crowd from the outside. Perhaps avoiding conflict at all was the name of the game, maybe simply asking for the coin was the key to winning, or perhaps the acolytes were merely playthings that had all been lured to a death match where not even the last man standing would leave the ring. Regardless, Loarko needed to think of a plan and fast. He glanced over at Ravenous and gave her a "was this necessary" look before continuing to think about his next move. He had come a long way from his solitary homeworld, now he needed to use everything he knew and stay alive in this wild time.

[member="Darth Ravenous"] [member="Lorale Farmar"] [member="Marceline"] [member="Lark"] [member="Dok Varuut"]

"Well that's unfortunate," Jargaza-Yshu mused as the company watched the slaughter, dragging his nails quite sharply against the blade of his obsidian sword.

One particularly unlucky Acolyte would find her face removed from the mouth up to emphasize the statement, gurgling once before falling to her back with a thud. The two Vortex Spawn capable of speech loudly groaned when another suffered swift castration and was left writhing on the floor screaming obscenities at the beast that moved on to another victim. A few amongst the crowd proved better than most, but it was clear that the fight, at least at this point in time, was mismatched and horribly unfair.

"I thought we were here to train. Not watch this slaughter skrog," Yacmoa-Eaha'm whined almost sarcastically, leaning over the guardrail of the private viewing loge Lorale had secured for them.

"The woman spoke of bringing out the wolves amongst the sheep," Jargaza-Yshu began after grabbing and opening a bottle of Ardees from a servant passing by. "But I fear that, with the power of these things, they will fail."

The Dark Jedi chuckled slightly, taking a sip of the Ardees after his brother tossed the bottle to him, "I am inclined to agree."

"That is a first," the Fiend laughed before standing and stretching out his arms, letting out an light oof upon seeing two Acolyte's get decapitated by a single swipe.

Turning to the Phoenix, who had been silent for the entirety of the trip save for their landing upon the planet, the Dark Jedi began to ask: "Master, should we help them? I mean, it seems unfair that they suffer like this without warning."

"Bah, that is the Jedi talking in you," the Fiend balked, chugging the rest of the Ardees and tossing the bottle down into the battle where it shattered anticlimactically. "There is no warning out in the heat of battle. Events will happen regardless of desire. They must train. They must die. Take it from someone who dies quite frequently."

The Dark Jedi scoffed and turned his gaze to the Fiend, "But the issue with this, brother, is that these Acolytes will never face beasts like this from the Jedi. The Jedi do not employ abominations such as these. They will face soldiers and...well...Jedi. Take it from someone who used to be a Jedi."

Jargaza-Yshu nodded slowly and clacked his tongue, a trait that he had begun to signify his disagreement with anything Yacmoa-Eaha'm stated as fact, before resting his arms on the guardrail, watching, impressed, as [member="Iron Knight Loarko"] and [member="Dok Varuut"] survived much more effectively than the other Sith, "At times, I wonder if you ever fully left, brother. It does not matter if the Jedi will employ abominations like this. It is better to learn to face something you may never fight again than to not train and encounter that thing with no preparation. Such is what our Master has professed...repeatedly."

Yacmoa-Eaha'm sighed in grievance, his eyes glowing brightly with irritation, "Well it won't do them any good if they are dead, Jargaza-Yshu. They'll...be dead!"

"Enough," the Phoenix finally uttered, and only then did the two realize that their master had somewhat successfully practiced their new metamorphosis powers, now appearing as a blonde haired man with large sections of spiked-metallic skin. "Yacmoa-Eaha'm. Join them down there. Prove Jargaza-Yshu wrong if you wish. But speak no more. Actions are required."

The Dark Jedi was taken slightly aback by the tone in his Master's voice, but nodded all the same. Leaping over the guardrail, Yacmoa-Eaha'm ignited his blue saber and charged to engage the beasts alongside the other Sith.

"Will he survive, Master?" the Fiend asked with a hint of genuine concern.

"He will. It's not his time to die yet," the Phoenix responded with a sliver of a smirk, eyeing the woman that had brought the beasts into existence with a barely hidden mixture of disdain and intrigue. "Son...go down there and tell that woman I wish to speak with her up here. And then you can fight whoever you wish."

[member="Iron Knight Loarko"] | [member="Lark"] | [member="Marceline"] | [member="Dok Varuut"] | [member="Darth Ravenous"]

Lark

Saint of the Damned
The more this Valentine spoke, the less certain Lark became on his choice to accept the invitation. Whatever potent strengths he could sense within her, charm and charisma were certainly not among them. She spent as much time bickering with her subordinates than she did addressing those in the courtyard. I suppose Lords aren't discouraged from indulging in an abundance of spices, Lark thought as she questioned the new organizational structure of the Sith. Despite the madwoman's ramblings Lark paid close attention, especially when she declared that half or more of those gathered would be killed. A common tactic amongst the Sith, purge the weak in order for the strong to flourish. He had been prepared for combat, although the nature of the fight was beyond what he had expected.

Lark was familiar with Sithspawn, so the visceral creation spawned from the corpse of her former compatriot didn't shock him. "Well then, this changes things," he said, grinning slightly. He stood from the bench and took a moment to observe the behavior of the Hellhounds, and the nature of their spawning. The beasts were savage, fiendishly slaughtering whoever was nearby. And for every Sith that fell, another Hellhound took its place. If too many of the acolytes and knights perished, the others would be overwhelmed no matter how skilled they were. Lark hoped the others summoned to the courtyard deserved their reputation.

But there was a way to end the fight without even engaging the Sithspawn in battle. A glimmer of light shining off the coins reminded Lark of their value, and the decree that whoever grabs one would have the honor of learning from Darth Ravenous. After witnessing her power, especially when it came to controlling her Sithspawn, Lark decided it would be more than worth his time. Eccentric behaviors could be managed.

In one hand Lark drew his enchanted sword, the other unchained the twisted tome on his hip. If it had been a more traditional tournament he wouldn't have used it, but as Ravenous stated, there were no rules in this massacre. He'd do whatever it took in order to survive and emerge victorious. Battlefield awareness was vital, if he engaged Vanya he'd need to remain aware of how many Hellhounds there were as well as their location. But the chances of Lark beating her in a fair fight were low. It would be suicide to blindly rush her.

Far above the bloodied courtyard, a flock of dark birds began to descend.

But I don't need to beat you, and I'm not going to fight fair. All I require is one of those pretty little coins. He had a plan, one that would require a few tricks of the eye. Deception and distraction had their place on a battlefield, they were key elements in any battle. Hopefully, Lark could employ them to full affect. He needed to do something that would draw her attention towards the battlefield, and she would soon find that she was not the only one who could summon these dark creatures. Reading the maddening words within the Necronomicon, puddles of blood began to bubble. A dark aura enshrouded him, growing more potent after every word. And from the blood emerged a Warghest, a wolf-like Sithspawn with dark fur and razor-sharp claws. Bound to him, the Warghest would follow his every command. This new ally in the fight would provide support against the Hellhounds, and the more blood that was spilled, the more Lark could summon. I will turn this arena into a warzone of Sithspawn if need be. Let your pets slaughter us all, spill enough blood for the ritual to be complete. For every beast you summon, so too will I call forth a hellish monstrosity.

Of course, Lark could not keep up the process indefinitely. His summoning prowess was not as refined as Valentine's, the more he read the tome the more his sanity threatened to slip away. Perhaps if he survived, she could assist him in managing the horrible calligraphy ascribed on these heinous pages. Ideally he wouldn't need to summon many more, it was just a distraction after all.

If his plan were to work, Vanya would need to devote her attention to the Warghest recently summoned. Ideally, the act alone would be enough to make her look his way. And if she did, his flock of Svariff would descend from the sky at breakneck speeds, swarming and clawing at her in an attempt to steal one of the golden coins from her hand. If they succeeded, they'd deliver the coin to him. Hopefully the dark ritual would distract her for just long enough so she didn't notice the birds descent.

Now then, let's see if this gambit pays off.

[member="Lorale Farmar"] [member="Iron Knight Loarko"] [member="Dok Varuut "][member="Darth Ravenous"] [member="Marceline"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom