Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sieger's Fist

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Iseult Ren (Self)
  • Model: Sieger's Fist
  • Affiliation: Asenath Parnell/Zmej Ren
  • Modularity: Brace can be removed.
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Common Materials
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Impact Weapon, Gauntlet
  • Size: One Handed
  • Length: Arm Length
  • Weight: 3.5kg
SPECIAL FEATURES

Strengths:
  • Repulsor blasts that can generate a concussive force that can bypass particle/ray shields and can cause impact type damage against armor.
  • Can deflect small (as in small arms) projectiles and physical melee weapons.
Weaknesses:
  • Very short range and tiny spread with repulsor blasts. Use of this function requires great skill and precision on the user's part.
  • Cannot deflect energy or chemical explosive blasts.
  • Asenath is unable to project Force Lightning or related abilities while wearing the brace, the energy would cause the brace to go haywire and cause the attack to backfire.
  • Susceptible to EMPs/Ion attacks. To prevent overload, the brace will temporarily shut down and then reboot within about 30 seconds.
DESCRIPTION

Sieger's First is the affectionately named cybernetic arm brace created for Asenath Parnell, better known as Zmej Ren within the First Order. Created in-house by a fellow Ren named Iseult, the brace was designed to address two problems, the first being Asenath's partial paralysis with her left arm to the shoulder. Out of fear of experiencing a reduced connection to the Force by accepting a full or partial prosthetic replacement, Asenath had opted to tough it out until an alternate solution was developed. The second issue was Asenath's difficulty in engaging enemies sporting advanced armor in CQB, which were equipped with shields and other features to thwart many forms of attack.

Iseult's solution was to create a form fitting cybernetic brace that could wrap snuggly around Asaenath's arm and shoulder under her clothing and armor to grant her full articulation, while also incorporating mini repulsors that could deliver devastating concussive force that can bypass shields and, much like a bludgeon weapon, can impact armor to rupture organs and shatter bone.

The construction is mostly carbon-based, with the artificial muscles made from carbon nanotubes. Voltage changes generated by embedded graphene ultracapacitors (which also power the repulsors) cause the bands of conductive nanotubes to contract and expand like real muscles for movement. The thin sleeve of artificial muscles don't do much to enhance the strength of the arm and shoulder but are sufficient to allow Asenath to manipulate them as well as she did before her injury. Control over the artificial muscles come from microscopic barbs that puncture the flesh to connect the brace's processor node to Asenath's central nervous system.

The repulsor blasts are generated through conscious mental commands, focused through the hand section of the brace with an effective range of roughly 20cm with a very narrow spread about the diameter a large grapefruit. In addition to making an effective offensive system, the repulsors can be used defensively to deflect incoming projectiles and physical melee weapons, including those also sporting a similar setup to the arm brace like a power hammer.

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
Hello, my name's Rusty and I'll be your friendly neighborhood Factory Judge for this submission. Got a couple of wrinkles to iron out, and then we should be good to go.

Firstly, the formatting. You seem to have forgotten to fill out the Special Features section, and somehow gotten the strengths and weaknesses under the description. Mind swapping that around and filling out the Special Features?

Next up:

Iseult Ren said:
Repulsor blasts that can generate a concussive force that can bypass particle/ray shields and armor.
I've been looking around and trying to find an example of repulsor tech being used in this capacity, and I've got nothing. I can understand it delivering a kinetic blow that can transfer a pretty powerful hit to armor, something like a bullet striking an armored plate and transferring its energy. Doesn't necessarily bypass armor, it just uses the armor to bludgeon the wearer.

As far as bypassing shields, do you have an example of repulsors working like that? I can't find anything one way or another, so if you've got an example, we can take a look and see what we're working with.

[member="Iseult Ren"]

[member="Rusty"] Okay, edits done. I didn't have anything of particular note to place under the special features section, so I just left that blank.

Rusty said:
I've been looking around and trying to find an example of repulsor tech being used in this capacity, and I've got nothing. I can understand it delivering a kinetic blow that can transfer a pretty powerful hit to armor, something like a bullet striking an armored plate and transferring its energy. Doesn't necessarily bypass armor, it just uses the armor to bludgeon the wearer. As far as bypassing shields, do you have an example of repulsors working like that? I can't find anything one way or another, so if you've got an example, we can take a look and see what we're working with.
That was just sloppy writing on my part. I cleaned up the language to clarify that the repulsor blasts impact against the armor instead of bypass it, much like a bludgeoning weapon.

As for your question about repulsors against shields, I haven't seen anything indicating particle/ray shields can block gravity/anti-gravity waves. For the most parts, shields just block energy and mass. Doing a quick lookup on wiki, I couldn't find a direct example of anti-gravity waves bypassing shields, but shields have been shown to be completely ineffective against dovin basals.

Rusty

I think it would be more accurate to say that the dovin basals were effective against the shields, not that they ignored them entirely. They created singularities so powerful, they were able to strip them away. That's a bit of a different story. Now I can get down with something like that, that they're able to damage shields, but not bypass entirely, with some hard limits on how effective and how often the pulse can be fired. Think you can work with that?

[member="Iseult Ren"]

[member="Rusty"]

Though the solution found wasn't making stronger deflector shields, but boosting the power of compensator fields to overlap the deflector shields. So I take that as evidence that deflector shields, in general, are pretty poor matchups against gravity/antigravity weapons.

How about this, I can say something along the lines of particle shields being able to absorb part of the repulsor blasts since they do have some mass. Would that work?

Rusty

So I've talked this over, and I'm going to have to say no on the shielding bypass. However, I'm not going to do so without reason, so here goes:

Firstly, there's the mechanics of it. A dovin basal's singularity is trillions of times more powerful than a repulsor, especially one of this size. Your argument isn't completely without merit, which is why I'm willing to let the thing do damage against shields along the lines of say a powerful blaster pistol, but not bypass entirely.

Secondly, if I were to let something like this through being able to bypass shielding, that opens the doors for a whole lot of ugly. Used on a weapon of this size, it's not a huge issue, though it would definitely be OP. Imagine, however, someone making a weapon more suited for ship to ship combat. Being able to bypass shielding in and of itself would border on a superweapon, especially considering the sort of punch it would have.

If you disagree with my line of thought, you are of course welcome to request a second chance, but I'm going to have to say no on the shielding bypass.

[member="Iseult Ren"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom