Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship SI-TIE/HV Fighter/Bomber

Status
Not open for further replies.
2ksXB9P.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Create a heavy attack / light bomber for TSE
  • Image Source: Click - AdamKop
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

[*]Missile Launchers [2]

[*]Defenses: High
  • ​Deflector Shields

[*]Squadron Count: Average (12)
[*]Maneuverability Rating: Low
[*]Speed Rating: Average
[*]Hyperdrive Class: None
STANDARD FEATURES
  • Communication Systems:
    Communication Wave De-scrambler
  • Encryption Module
  • Frequency Jammer
  • Hyperwave Transceiver
  • Ranger Transceiver
  • Subspace Transceiver

[*]Environmental Systems:
  • Distress Beacon
  • Ejection Seat
  • Environmental Converter
  • Inertial Damper
  • Life Support

[*]Propulsion Systems:
  • Twin Ion Engine
  • Ion Maneuvering Jets

[*]Sensor and Targeting Systems:
  • Aural Sensor
  • Comm laser
  • Hyperwave Signal Interceptor
  • Long-range Sensor
  • Sensor Dampener
  • Targeting Laser
  • Targeting Sensor
  • Tri-Tracker
  • Wide-range Sensor

ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • N/A
STRENGTHS
  • Heavy Attack Fighter: The SI-TIE/HV possess two missile launcher pods on either side of the main fuselage. The composition of these missiles is highly customizable, ranging from proton torpedos, concussion missiles, and even cluster missiles.
  • Light Bomber: Situated off-center in the center of the craft is a bomb chute which can deploy a number of ordnance for a variety of missions from strategic bombing to mine-laying.
WEAKNESSES
  • Weak Maneuverability: While the SI-TIE/HV can achieve pretty solid forward momentum, it has difficulty with sharp turns or sudden maneuvers. Any attack vector is usually going to be plotted along a straight-line trajectory.
  • No Hyperdrive: Like the other TIE models available to the Sith Empire, the SI-TIE/HV has no hyperdrive. This requires the vessel to be launched from another craft.
DESCRIPTION

Within every galactic navy there have always been three distinct categories of starfighter.

Standard fighter, the interceptor, and the bomber.

The Sith Empire, with the aid of the pro-Imperialistic Santhe Corporation, had created and mass-produced the first two of this tripartite group. For awhile the Empire used a heavier bomber to carry out any campaign of destruction they felt inclined to pursue, but that could only sustain them for so long.

Thus the Sith-Imperial Twin Ion Engine Heavy was introduced, armed with a pair of laser cannons, missile pods, and a bomb chute. This variety of weapons allowed the TIE/HV to indulge in multiple types of missions from eliminating piracy, atmospheric bombing, and orbital mine-laying.

Modification Request (01/06/2018)
Original Section(s):

Production: Mass
Defenses: Moderate

New Section(s):

Production: Minor
Defenses: High

The ratings and general concept of this look solid.

Darth Carnifex said:
Armament: High Laser Cannons [2] Seismic/Concussion Chute Missile Launchers [2] ​15 Missiles Each

This is one of those areas that gets a bit messy because there's some gray area. While we don't follow strict gun counts, I do look at individual armament listings for general balance purposes because it directly effects someone's RPing.

There's a pretty big difference between someone having six missiles to use, and someone having thirty. The person with thirty can spam them or reasonably expect to do a fair amount of damage to a capital ship.

And this is where this listing so many missiles is problematic. If we look at the template examples and use the starfighter's weapon exchange chart at the bottom of the same thread, we see that a fighter with a "Very High" armament rating has about 12 points to spend on weapons. While I don't know how much ordinance the Seismic/Concussion chute has, we know that in comparison, this ship has approximately 20 points. This is a large enough disparity that I feel that must ask for some changes.

Because of that, I'd like to either see the number of warheads in each launcher dropped to something closer to the template examples. Alternatively, you could simply remove the mention of how many warheads these launchers carry.

Let's talk about the ordinances themselves.

Darth Carnifex said:
Seismic/Concussion Chute
I'm guessing that we're talking about seismic charges here? What is the "concussion" ordinance here? You mention "other ordinance" in the description as well. What options are explicitly available for this chute?

Darth Carnifex said:
The SI-TIE/HV possess two missile launcher pods on either side of the main fuselage, both capable of holding fifteen missiles per pod. The composition of these missiles is highly customizable, ranging from proton torpedos, concussion missiles, and even swarm missiles.
What's a swarm missile? Is this the same thing as a cluster missile?

Clusters missiles, that's what it was.

I couldn't for the life of me remember what they were called!

I took away the exact number of missiles each pod carried, and left it ambiguous. I also redefined some terms and created a list of ordnance that can be used with this particular vehicle.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom