Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Shrink Grenade

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To create something that can be fun and to provide an item that adds an element of surprise
Image Source: Star Wars Wookiepedia - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Smoke_grenade
Canon Link: N/A
Restricted Missions: N/A
Primary Source: N/A

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer: The Green House
Model: GH-001
Affiliation: House Organa, Alderaan Royal Guard, Free Worlds Coalition, Closed Market
Modularity: No
Production: Limited

Material:
Damsel Flowers -
Smoke Grenade -

SPECIAL FEATURES
1. If target inhales the organic living person/species will shrink half their size for five minutes the effects may be longer depending on how much of the gas they inhale.
2. If target is only covered in the gas where it has been absorbed through the skin they shrink half their size for one minute. This effect may be longer depending length of exposure.

Strengths:
1. Easy to carry, grenades fit easily into pockets, or hook onto belts.
2. May catch target off guard. Reducing someone in size from 8 ft to 4 ft tall. The organic body shrinks however the clothing and weapons do not this could give target moments of shock.
3. If this were to be used as a defense rather than an offense an individual could shrink to half their size and be able to hide, or infiltrate easier. The use of vents and ducts would not be as confining and allows them to move more freely.
4. The longer someone is exposed to the gas the longer the effects. If someone had to move through clouds of the smoke the effect would increase and it is possible they could shrink smaller.

Weaknesses:
1. Short period of effectiveness
2. Takes a lot of damsel flower spores to create solution it is unique and expensive.
3. An opponent could use the effects of a decrease in size to their advantage in the same way as it is an advantage. They would not be seen a short duration of time.
4. Extended exposure may cause loss of memory, or paranoia.
5. To completely remove the effects everything worn must go through a decontamination process.
6. An individual to be rid completely of the effects must cleanse the body and their lungs through a detoxification process otherwise any left over spores could trigger the shrinking process again.

DESCRIPTION
For a long time Rianna has collected different varieties of flowers. Some require a great deal of care and attention. She had heard of the properties of the Damsel flower but did not believe it thinking it only myth to increase the lore surrounding Endor.

However as her collection of Damsel Flowers grew she had to contain them to a single green house. At first she thought the children were getting into the green house to play. She’d see what appeared to be children walking through the gardens what she did not realize it was the gardeners. They assumed she knew the risks and since it passed so quickly they thought nothing of it.

She finally caught on when she found one of the children with a full mustache. The Gardener quickly explained to her what had been happening. She couldn’t believe it. She immediately closed the greenhouse down to everyone so she could observe the flowers.

Once a month the flowers would release spores. Not only were they replicating in this manner but the spores created an environment where anyone who entered shrank in size. Amazed she devised a system that would collect half the spores each month leaving the other half to be absorbed by the damsel flowers. Using the Researchers at MandalMedical they were able to convert the spores into an aerosol.

No matter how many times they tested the serum no one shrank to the size of insects. Much to her disappointment. But it did make for an interesting idea for crowd control or for non agressive tactics in battle.

Engineering the common smoke grenade to take the damsel flower gas they were able to provide a delivery system for the shrinking gas. The Grenades are painted orange like the damsel flowers.

She authorized it’s use for the Alderaan Royal Guard, Coalition Rangers, House Organa, and any family member who could provide sufficient excuse to have such an item.

Under Review.

Interesting find.

[member="Rianna Ar'klim-Organa"]

Let's consider some things:

Rianna Ar'klim-Organa said:
Strengths:
1. Easy to carry
2. Catches target off guard
Weaknesses:
1. Short period of effectiveness
2. Takes a lot of damsel flower spores to create solution

If it's only reducing your size in half I don't really see how this can stun or shock an combatant or "catch them off-guard." Taking a person that is for example 2 meters tall and turning them to 1 meter doesn't really strike me as enough to say: stop me shooting if the shrunk person were attacking me. With that in mind, please reword your #2 strength to something like "may catch target off guard" or "could possibly confuse combatants."

I think a better strength would be to say something like "Smaller size lets one take cover more easily." Or "Enables one to attack more easily from ducts or escape into sub systems not designed to handle full sized people."

I don't consider your number 2 weakness to actually affect RP. We call those "flavor weaknesses." Personally I put stuff like expenses or things like that in the special features. Plus your production rating already provides that explanation with the word "Limited." Find me another weakness that would affect RP.

For example: user must detox system before another dose of grenade. Or: inhaling two grenades in a short time span will poison and possibly kill the user.

Cheers,
Major

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom