Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question should we get rid of divs?

should we get rid of divs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do you think they are more or less likely to join? Cool post art, I like the freedom of expression.
My experience is obviously anecdotal, and likely a minority, but any time a new member (that I've interacted with) has mentioned div stuff it's in the context of asking about doing it, and then being handed a flexible "base" to use (and I've personally made divs for people when it's clear that they're interested but don't understand how they work and accept the offer to have one given to them).

But, yeah, sure, I can see the rationale behind your point.. but what about all of the art people make for their characters? You don't think people get intimidated when they see someone's commissioned character art (or AI generated art, but I've seen a lot of people actually pay for character art) or art they've made themselves? Like even before divs we have had members deck out their posts with a whole lot of carefully aligned imagery they've made specifically for the post in question (i.e; image headers, floating images, gifs, etc).

Just come up with some guidelines that will prevent the issues with lag, legibility of posts, and general discomfort in viewing and establish those as a baseline. New members who want pretty divs and feel insecure about not having one themselves can be directed to the Art & Design section where everyone and their mother has an art thread with divs strewn about. Hell, I'm sure plenty of people would be happy to come up with some aesthetically pleasing, but also simple, divs for people to use if accessibility of them is a concern.

Last edited:

Alan

Blessed are the peacemakers
It gets so hard to read, man.

The backgrounds are what kill me- 4k images, looping gifs, dark colors against dark backgrounds with dark letters, mis-matching color schemes, floating images, please just make it a box. Just make it a box. I can't read your stuff and it hurts my eyes

you're not special or artsy you're an nerf herder who makes it impossible for me to enjoy your writing because you want it to look magical. imagine if books were like that, you wouldn't read a book like that at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom