Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private [Shots Fired] - Cedwyn Blaidd

"You're an assassin, right?"

The man was wearing a black jacket over a grey shirt with a red tie. The look was sharp and formal, like a banker or lawyer. The man had long brown hair pulled back into a ponytail. He was tall and lean with a sharp face that looked hard and mean but had a soft mouth.

"That's right," Alex said.

"Well, you're an assassin so I figure you've probably got some skills and talents."

Alex didn't say anything but his gloomy eyes narrowed at the man.

"So, tell me, what are your best skills and talents?"

Alex stared at him for a moment before answering. "I'm a trained sniper."

The man's eyebrows raised. "Oh? Well, that sounds useful. What else do you have?"

"I'm a fast learner. I don't need much sleep and I never get bored. And I'm good with a knife, though not nearly as good as I am with a rifle."

The man considered this and moved to place his dossier on the table. " This is your target- Cedwyn. He's spent years building a reputation as a skilled assassin, and bounty hunter. He's one of the best. This should do for your first field test. " The handler said to Alex.

"First test?" Alex asked, looking confused.

"Yes, let's see how well you handle yourself. You'll be working solo, no backup,no training wheels, no simulations; this is the real deal here out in the field to see what you're made of. Your only job is to track down and kill Cedwyn." The handler stated.

Alex nodded. "Got it." Alex moved to press a hand to the several images of Cedwyn in the folder studying them briefly and drinking in the details of his face.

"What did he do?" Alex asked.

"Maverick; you should know better than to ask questions by now. " The Handler admonished in an amused tone.

"Sorry." Alex said, looking down at the floor and moving his hands to rest behind his back.

"You don't need to apologize for asking questions, but we will not tolerate disrespect when you are undergoing a performance review. " The Handler said sternly.

"Understood." Alex said, looking up.

"I think you'll find that Cedwyn has quite the reputation for himself. It's why he's so successful. Part of that reputation deals with being friendly to the ladies. A little too friendly at times. Fate would have it one of those pretty little things had a jealous husband. Cedwyn is a popular man among women; Cedwyn has a long list of enemies. You are not to reveal any of this knowledge. The less you know the better in truth. "

Alex nodded and took a sip of water from his canteen.

"Failure is not an option. We can't afford to lose you. " The Handler stated.

Alex looked up at the Handler. "I understand."

"Cedwyn is a professional killer, assassin, and bounty hunter. He's killed many people. He's a legend within the Guild. You can not be discovered, and you can not be captured. " The Handler stated, pointing a finger at Alex.

"Capture? No way! Not after all I've been through!" Alex exclaimed. "He looks like an old man this shouldn't be difficult. " Alex said, looking over the information again.

"You won't even know he's there until it's too late. There are no witnesses to Cedwyn's methods." The handler stated seriously. "If you are captured, you are to keep quiet and do as you are told. If you make noise or get caught, you will die. You must never talk about your mission. " The Handler said.

"Don't worry, I'll follow orders," Alex assured with a smirk.

"If we lose you; you will be terminated. You must not fail. " The Handler warned.

"No worries, I'm a pro," Alex said confidently.

1d30135fc2477348437f4c2485bb34a9.jpg

Alex eventually found Cedwyn and tracked him for several days keeping tabs on his habits and business. Alex knew where Cedwyn was going to be and he followed the assassin home.

Alex had tracked the man to a hotel, and set up his hide to stake out. Alex was trying to find the best location to get a clear shot. Alex was not going to take any chances. He'd taken the time to make sure he had enough ammunition for his gun, and that it was fully loaded. He knew that Cedwyn was skilled. Taking the time to find a good hide to lay in wait with a clear view of Cedwyn's suit is what he needed. He didn't want to end up in close quarters with the man. He wanted a clean kill.

Alex waited patiently, watching the front door of the hotel. Alex's HUD identified him as Cedwyn: Classified.

Being sniper isn't just about being an excellent marksman — although that's important. But when you're in an operational status, Alex had to overcome the mental constraints of lack of sleep. Alex watched Cedwyn leave the building and head off into the night. He decided to wait and see what the assassin would do next as he zeroed in on his target locking him with in his sights. Alex inhaled with a few breaths to relax, cleared his mind, focused his aim aim and fully exhaled. A pause in the breathing cycle— and then shots fired.
Cedwyn Blaidd Cedwyn Blaidd

OOC: DM if interested in joining, please.

Equipment: Lightsaber, Echani sword, 2x blaster pistols, 1x blaster rifle
Outfit: Casual
Tag: Alexandros Xanathos Alexandros Xanathos

Cedwyn was someone who use to play both sides of a war. He would assist both Jedi and the Sith, however, as of late Cedwyn's mindset had shifted. He might still commit crimes and get into trouble but he would only assist Jedi and the Galactic Alliance on missions. He was cutting ties with the old contacts that were connected with Sith and anything that would be directly against the Jedi. It had been tough work, it also meant that contacts he would have casual flings with, they were severed as well which did upset some. But for his state of mind it was for the best, he was never going to be a Jedi, he could feel that life was too far from his reach but he could be doing more good. He could demonstrate that there were those out there that could do good even if tainted by the Dark Side.

Wandering outside the hotel, Cedwyn pulled up his account, his number was low. In fact he was in the negatives. Whereas solely working for the GA was good for his moral compass and soul, it was clearly not paying as well as he was use to. He groaned, he was going to need to budget his accounts better since he wasn't able to take on more missions than he was currently doing so he would need to be careful with his spending.

That meant he was likely skipping his meal for lunch today, he didn't want to drag the negative number down even more than it was. As he thought about ways to cut costs and figure out ways to budget his money better, the Force shifted. A wave echoed through it of someone intending to shoot him. Just as the bolts were fired, Cedwyn raised his hand and stopped them in mid air. He growled, someone was attempting to assassinate him, and publicly do so. That was problematic.

He let the bolts hit harmlessly away from him and others, "Everyone! Get out of here, things are about to get messy!" Cedwyn roared in his deep voice as he pulled out his scout rifle, aiming down the sights, he spotted the target. It was someone younger than him, likely a first mission but Cedwyn shot several times. Nothing to kill the assassin but inform them that he was onto them.

From his fired shots, Cedwyn raced forward, letting the Force increase his movement and momentum, jumping from wall to wall till he reached a rooftop. "Sent to kill me, kid?" Cedwyn called out, "are you at least skilled in the Force?"

There was a presence there to be clearly felt un veiled and unsuppressed. Cedwyn could feel the cold calmness, the sheer sharp focus. There was no fear of repercussion, no guilt, no self-doubt. This person was confident in their abilities and in their ability to succeed. There was the slightest sensation of frustration as his shots did not connect. The closer Cedwyn got the easier it was to feel those unveiled emotions, the easier it was to read like words on a screen.

The auburn-haired youth rolled left, drawing his weapon with him as he ducked below the high edge of the rooftop using the ledge for cover. Alex unloaded his normal slugs and loaded in a new cartridge of incendiary rounds in the middle of this side roll before popping back up to take aim. His target was fast! He'd never seen anyone move so quickly.

Alex fired again, this time his shots were not nearly as fast, but they were still quick enough which could possibly give Cedwyn some minor trouble on the way up. Alex drew back as Cedwyn got closer to the roof moving to sling his gun back over his shoulder as he reached for a close-quartered combat weapon.

Upon seeing this would-be assassin up close it was almost startling to see just how young he was hard to tell perhaps 14 at the youngest and 16 at the oldest. He was nearly completely covered from head to toe in tactical equipment for light movement, but it was the hawkish proportions that really told the tale of his age.

His training told him to remain silent and not engage in banter with his prey- however 'Maverick' wasn't one to follow the rules and there was an odd exponential increase in the sensation of excitement that came from this would-be assassin.

"You're going to be my first. " He stated with arrogant confidence, oozing with pleased excitement as he stepped into a ready stance twirling a vibro dagger through his fingers into a reverse grip. His form was good, he wasn't squared off and was turned slightly sideways, with his hands up in his protection zone.

It was as if the word 'force' had no reverent meaning to Alex as replied haughtily, " I can force you to your knees old man!"

He lunged forward with no reservations aggressively and excited in a relentless manner. The dagger flashed in a blur of motion that would have made any other opponent blink in confusion. It was more of a game of tag that a child absolutely reveled in with glee and competitive vigor. Alex was young, well trained, had excellent form, moved fast, and had flexibility and skill-- however he lacked the experience of fighting a nonpredictable target.

It was a child. They sent an inexperienced child to assassinate him. Did they truly expect the child to succeed? Or was this child sent to be killed? Unless it was only this child would take the contract, not knowing who he was. Not knowing the skills and training that Cedwyn held. He wasn't just a bounty hunter, he was skilled Force User, that would always put him a peg above, not even accounting for his life as an Echani.

"I am afraid that today is not the day I die boy." Cedwyn sighed as the dagger was revealed. He could have brought out his Lightsaber, ending the fight instantly but he held back. He waited to see what made this boy think he could take him on.

The sheer arrogance and desperation poured from the young assassin. Cedwyn could calmly assess the boy, there was skill there but the inexperience of fighting actual people was clear. Cedwyn shifted around, avoiding the strikes of the dagger. He sighed deeply, "your skills are good for your age. Reminds me of my own talents when I was that young."

Cedwyn guided the dagger away from him. "However, the Force is a power that you can't overcome, especially if you have no training for it." Attempting to knock the dagger out of the hands of the boy, his palm splayed out against the chest, he used the Force to push hard against Alexandros's chest.

Creating space between them, Cedwyn ignites his purple Lightsaber. Held in his left hand, he unsheathes his Echani sword into his right hand. "You don't have the skills to survive this, but I can teach you." Cedwyn didn't care that someone was trying to kill him, there was always someone out there seeking to kill him. He cared that someone was trying to send unskilled children to kill him. That needed to stop now.

The young would-be assassin appeared genuinely surprised at how no matter how wild or tenacious his swipes were it was as if Cedwyn knew exactly what he would do before he did it. And this much was true. Little did understand he was telegraphing his intentions by being so open and unveiled. There Was frustration and determination both growing with each passing miss of the blade.

The dagger was removed with force, and an unsettling crackling sound came from the boy's wrist, the blade went skittering across the rooftop, coming to a stop several feet away as it ran into the wall lip that ran around the perimeter of the roof.

Alex had not been expecting what came next and was quite easily pushed away, the edges and toes of his boots fought for friction and grip below as he bent forwards to stabilize himself. He slid to a halt just barely a few steps before the wall lip of the roof. He drew up his hand and snapped it back into place with a pained sound muffled behind gritted teeth. He panted lightly, glassy eyes glowering as he looked at his opponent.

Alexandros's eyes widened as he saw the violet lightsaber ignite. The kid was fast, but he couldn't dodge both blades at once. He was more familiar with the Echani blade, but not the saber. His eyes were drawn to its luminous effect briefly before returning to Cedwyn’s belt area; this helped him and his eyes keep watch on both the man’s lower and upper limbs out of his peripheral vision.

“I would not survive regardless if you live.” Alex practically purred in a breathy tone.

His hand and wrist which had previously looked dislocated and limp was being held by his other noninjured hand and his fingers flexed almost like a droid testing if a new part was installed correctly. He started to slowly walk sideways crossing a foot over the other as he did refusing to give Cedwyn his flank or back. He still had that rifle strapped to his shoulder but he was making a move towards the dagger he had been separated from.

He was moving slowly and carefully keeping his eyes on his opponent.

"So, teach me a lesson then, old man."

There was a visible flashing of text on the kids' HUD across his eye visor.

Alex was still moving backward and sidestepping toward the dagger when he heard the voice come over the speakers in his headset.

"You will stand down and return to base immediately. If you do not comply, I will engage the termination protocol." It seemed the Handler was ready to take matters into his own hands.

Alex didn't bother answering the man. He'd already given up. He reached out with his right hand and in a swift leaping motion grabbed the hilt of the dagger as he slid off the edge of the rooftop in an odd somersault motion falling backward at the end of the flip.

"Maverick!" The Handler yelled.

The word meant nothing to Alex. He could feel his heart pounding in his chest and he was suddenly very aware of how much air he was taking in. The Dagger was slick and heavy in his hand, he spun it playfully once more as he felt the brief drop from such a tall height and what felt like a breeze pass him in the sudden sharp distance he fell.

Alex wasn't going to give up the fight that easily and he wasn't going to return to base empty-handed. If Cedwyn wanted to end this peacefully he would have to restrain the runt somehow. His hands moved quickly in free fall drawing up the retractive cable from his belt buckle and tethered it to his blade! It was a makeshift grapple that he then latched to the side of a fire escape railing as he fell past it. The cord snapped taught and briefly winded Alex as he was already aiming down his barrel back up to the edge of the roof he fell from.

"Maverick! I said stand down! That's an order!" the Handler called again.

Alex pulled the trigger and fired several shots blindly from his shoulder-strapped rifle. He was moving with oddly deliberate motions despite the otherwise frantic speed. His hands did not waver nor did they falter as he drew a small pair of tools from his pocket, one cut the cord from his belt; a heavy set of metal snippets in the handheld device, the other he promptly jammed into the back of his mouth as he fell further yet again. He had dropped his weapon after the few shots he fired off but the strap kept it slung across his small frame as he re-entered free fall. He righted his orientation and landed snapping an ankle but tumbled down taking a role to disperse the rest of the momentum.

He drew the tool out of his mouth again and threw it aside as blood gushed from his lips. It would seem the had wrenched a tooth from his own mouth, having discarded it along with the pliers he jammed back there.

Last edited:

Cedwyn sighed, "you come with me. I will make sure that you live and that you are trained to defend yourself, kid."

When challenged to teach him some things now, Cedwyn looked clearly disappointed. The kid was too focused on rushing things, not listening to the advice that he had to offer. "Kid, this fight isn't going to result in me killing you, so stop this and just chat with me." Cedwyn wasn't going to fight but he wasn't letting Alexandros attack him.

The kid then jumped away, though Cedwyn could tell that it wasn't someone fleeing the fight but attempting to get another strategy. Cedwyn knew what it was like to be scrambling around and attempting to find a way to win no matter what. Cedwyn followed, deflecting the wild shots fired at him harmlessly away. The kid was being reckless and it was also clear that he was not truly knowing the threat that he was dealing with. If Cedwyn had been a different version of who he was, a younger version, a darker version, or if the kid was fighting a Sith then he would be dead already.

Dropping from the roof, a fall that would kill any normal being, Cedwyn survived by breaking his fall with the Force. Slowing his descend before he landed on his feet. Cedwyn stared down the kid. "Kid, I got powers that you can't handle, you cannot win this fight. Hell, most veteran assassins and bounty hunters out there with all the tech and equipment they could gather could barely handle dealing with a Force User." He attempted to explain the situation and how out of his league the kid was.

"You got guts sure, but that is only a small value in your favour." Sheathing his Echani sword, Cedwyn looked to the kid, "if you want to know how to actually do this job well and have the skills to match your confidence, you can meet me at the docks in a hour. I will teach you everything I know and who knows, you might have more to you than you even know." Turning his Lightsaber off, Cedwyn wasn't lowering his guard but making it seem that way, that this fight was long over.

He then stepped into the shadows and allowed to Force to surround him and hide him from view. Curious to see if the kid would either attempt to track him and keep the hunt going or actually take the time to get his stuff together and join Cedwyn in his fairly generous offer. He never taken on an apprentice before. Perhaps all the goody two shoes work he was doing was rubbing off on him and the old Jedi mindset was returning.

Alex's options were limited. His emotions were wrapped up in curiosity. Cedwyn was strange and foreign and different than any and all other simulations he had been up against. His handler said it and he was saying it too. This man was one of the absolute best at the pinnacle of this 'game' Alex thought he was good at. This simple short-lived interaction proved to him there was a vast difference between them and Alex was coming to terms that he wasn't as good as he thought he was in comparison.

On one hand, Cedwyn didn't seem too broken up about Alex just having attempted to murder him- and on the other-- well his handler was prattling on and on in his ear trying different strategies to get Alex's attention and get him under control once more. Alex drew off his glasses with the HUD and headset that allowed his handler to see what he saw and to speak to him directly and broke them in his hands. Sparks erupted from the discarded tooth Alex left in the street.

There was no going back now. He had disobeyed direct orders before but not to this extent. He had started to wonder about the lapses in his memory and if his keepers had anything to do with that. He was enjoying this newfound freedom away from them to do and act however he desired.

Alex watched Cedwyn seemingly vanish in this air and he looked startled briefly and squinted at the darkness his breathing picked up briefly and he shifted into a somewhat ready stance drawing his hands up once more. He didn't understand the strange powers that Cedwyn had and was having trouble wrapping his head around it. After a few moments, he shifted his foot which was limp, and with a sickening crunching crack it was pressed into 'place'.

Sirens could be heard in the distance and Alex who was previously limping took off in an undisturbed run, plucking up the tool he had discarded as he did so. It was easy enough for him to evade the typical sort of local law enforcement.

He had to re-organize, regather his strewn gear, and ditch the trackers he knew he had first before enacting further rebellion. Once all was said and done Alex did make his way down to the docks curiously and cautiously. He was more visible now than before with vibrant blue-green eyes, and long red hair which had been taught braided was placed into a tightly wound bun. He had on an over showed that most of his weapons were from sight.

It would seem this was the better option. The youth was curious and rather enjoyed his freedom to make this choice on his own. Cedwyn would have appeared to have gotten what he wanted.

"Now... where could he be..."

The kid didn't attempt to chase Cedwyn once he disappeared. That left the two options of the kid attempting to return to the people who had hired him and face what they deemed worthy punishments for failure. Or, searching for Cedwyn at the docks like he had offered. It was going to be curious to see what skills the lad had and whether Cedwyn was even a half decent trainer to help the boy out. Could be that Cedwyn extended the offer and ended up being a terrible teacher. Perhaps he should contact Valery Noble or some Jedi for advise on teaching. He had no clue what was a good teacher.

Except he did. He remembered the way his Master had been with him. But that was training someone to be a Jedi, he wasn't a Jedi and he doubted that this kid would want to be one either.

Still, he had to wait and see if the kid was going to even turn up and wish to learn from him. He arrived at the docks and sorted out the space on his ship, it was cluttered with various trinkets and items that he had collected over the years and was not the most tidy space to work from however there was a homely feel to the space. That it was certainly a ship one could live in.

Ensuring there space for the kid to have to his own and a room to sleep in, Cedwyn wandered off his ship to see if the kid had turned up at the docks to look for him.

It didn't take long to see the young boy, his bright red hair stood out no matter what. Cedwyn made his way over, his face was stoic and not revealing too much about what he was feeling or thinking. He stood in front of the kid.

"Glad to see you made it lad. Ship is over there," Cedwyn pointed towards where his ship was. "Get you situated on there and then we can discuss expectations from this training." There was a formal tone in his voice but a smirk crept on his lips, he was pleased that the boy had decided to learn from him.

"What's your name? Figure you know mine already, but I'm Cedwyn."

Alex was full of curiosity and padded closer to Cedwyn and padded around him and studied him. His gait was slow and measured. Despite surely having snapped his ankle earlier he was walking just fine as if there was no injury there. Turquoise-colored eyes scanned the man up and down with vested interest. Cedwyn was taller than Alex expected, his frame was broad and muscled. Alex studied his attire closely meticulously scanning and drinking in and memorizing every last detail before his eyes shifted up to the man's face.

He was older than Alex expected too. Alex tilted his head oddly as he listened to the man speak he flicked a glance hesitantly towards the ship he indicated only for the briefest of moments keeping Cedwyn in his peripheral vision.

He nodded lightly as Cedwyn introduced himself.

"The new Handler's designation is Cedwyn,"
Alex affirmed.

"My designation is Alexandros; the moniker I have merited is Maverick. " He stated sounding much less like a teenager and more like a droid. The kid didn't seem to act like a kid. It was as if he'd grown up and matured in a fraction of the time it took other kids.

Alex continued speaking, listing off facts he had gathered from watching Cedwyn these past few days, from sleeping and eating habits to concluding with the 'fact' that he was short on credits.

Alex had questions for the man however but seemed ready to follow him.

"Why did you let me live- Why do you wish to improve my design?" Alex asked, unable to stop himself. This redheaded youth had a unique force signature that Cedwyn was perhaps able to recognize with some minor sentiment of familiarity. It was cold and harsh yet so full of curiousness. Alex may have visually looked calm but this force's presence was betraying his visage. He was full of trepidation and excitement a mixed cocktail of uncertainty and lack of trust but fueled by morbid curiosity.

He may not have looked or acted like a kid on the outside but Alex was very much an emotionally driven thinker, and his thoughts were racing almost as fast as his heartbeat.

Cedwyn looked at the kid and the behaviours and movement were odd. They were not of a normal person, a young person of this boy's age. He was clearly someone that had been indoctrinated and manipulated. While this kid was trained to be a weapon, a gun for people to aim at, Cedwyn knew a similar experience, the Sith had attempted to break him, mold him. Placing a hand on the kid's shoulder, Cedwyn looked at him. "Let's try something. I'm Cedwyn, I'll be your mentor not your handler. And it's a pleasure to meet you Alexandros, mind if I call you Alex?"

He couldn't help but chuckle as Alexandros listed of statements and observations of Cedwyn, he shrugged, "my way of life has changed a fair bit lately, doing my job different so need to adjust the social aspects of my life." Cedwyn stated at the mention of his credit issues, he then leaned back, "improve your design? Kid, you are a person not a machine, not seeking to improve your design I am just here to give you a new way to approach life. To be free and live the life you want."

"I let you live because I don't want to kill kids sent on a suicide mission. That's how people in our profession should live, given the choice to do the work and given the right to kill or not." Cedwyn explained, "I think there is great potential in you, but I think people haven't been treating you as a person but as a weapon, but that changes today. You're a person and if there is anything you disagree with or something you wish to say or add, then express that with your words and tell me."

It was something that others might have assumed was natural or standard, however Cedwyn suspected that Alexandros didn't have much experience in people respecting him as a person and not a weapon.

Stepping onto the ship, "I made some space for you to set things up for yourself and there is a room that you can have for yourself." Being able to sense the strength of the Force flowing through Alexandros. "Oh, you're Force Sensitive as well? I can train you to do the things I can do with the Force. It is useful skills to have but means a lot of hard work and dedication."

wb1.png

TAGS:
pnghut_telescopic-sight-clip-art-vector-graphics-image-sniper-rifle-adjustment.png

alexboarder.png

Alex was silent as Cedwyn spoke and listened carefully to what he was saying watching him with bated breath. He was quiet even after Cedwyn had finished speaking. Cedwyn had been right in many facets. He had not experienced talking to anyone in a normal way and to Alex this was very unusual. His own normal just wasn't that.

"Alex.... is suitable. " He stated after a long pause of hesitation his thoughts racing yet still. He looked about cautiously but seemed to always keep the older man in his sights. It was like having an animal that was curious come up and sniff around with how Alex looked at things and the way he moved.

"I was designed. " He added belatedly thinking over several reasons to explain it or not explain it. " I am an improved replica of my predecessor with intentional engineering and design. " Alex added. "I was made with a purpose. " He added seemingly rather certain of that.

"If... If I decide to change my purpose.... " He trailed with this new line of thought seemingly briefly overwhelmed by his own thoughts and feelings as if the box around them had been removed.

"How will I know what I am meant to do?" He asked curiously.
Alex considered what Cedwyn had to say. " The Force..." He considered his own definition for the term and seemed to extrapolate that Cedwyn's definition of this word had further meaning. " Is your power.... yes? I do not understand the way you do the things you do. I can not explain them. I would like to understand what you do. " He stated and moved to take off his gun. He set it aside slowly with caution.

"My sentiments and concerns shift towards survival. You have a very jealous man who wants you dead for flirting with his wife. My former handler tells me you have scorned many hearts. " Alex stated simply. " With a target on your back such as that how do you intend to find means to ensure nourishment, and shelter for not only yourself but the newly acquired burden that I am? We are to find means together yes? your new moniker is that of Leader if we are a team. You possess greater strengths, further abilities, and more knowledge. I've never had a cooperative before. "
It may take a small while for him to adjust, however in truth he was making leaps and bounds here under the surface.

Nodding his head, he was glad that Alex was an acceptable nickname, it was also the first choice that Alex had been given the choice to choose what he was called. Or at least, from the stories he was sharing with Cedwyn, it seemed that choosing the name he could be referred to was the first choice that Alex made and not something that was chosen for him. "Great, glad that the nickname works for you. Important to be called something you like and are comfortable with." Cedwyn stressed.

"There are people out there who are always going to tell you that you are designed with a purpose. I was told I was trained and moulded for a purpose, a specific one that would serve to the benefits of specific people. But we are sentient beings, we are still capable of thinking for ourselves, choosing the path we want to do and living the life we want to live." Cedwyn was determined to have Alex understand that he could be independent if he sought for that life. "Just because they told you what your origins and purpose was, does not mean that is all you are, Alex. You get to choose what history and galaxy gets to know you as."

He chuckled deeply, "That is a great question. One that very few would know how to answer. We all struggle with knowing what to do with our lives and what our purposes are. However, we live life in pursuit of that knowledge and doing things that bring us joy." When asked about the Force, Cedwyn paused and thought the best way to explain it, "the Force is a complex thing. It is something that cannot be explained simply but it is a connection that exists between all of living things, order and chaos."

"I am going to be teaching you how to connect to it, how to discipline yourself and how to use the Force to improve your skills and mind."

When mentioned about why Alex had been contracted, "a jealous husband? Unfortunately that doesn't narrow it down but I think it is unlikely to become too much of an issue. Few people will take contracts against other bounty hunters for petty matters like that, especially taking contracts against a Force User of my calibre as well." Cedwyn reassured Alex. "I am your Mentor, not your leader, I am here to guide you on your path. And in terms of finding food and such, that is going to be fine. We can take missions from the GA against imperials and Sith, there are always jobs that we can do and the pay is less than I was used to when I worked both sides, but it is a good pay and will keep us alive."

wb1.png

TAGS:
pnghut_telescopic-sight-clip-art-vector-graphics-image-sniper-rifle-adjustment.png

alexboarder.png

The auburn-haired youth peered at Cedwyn curiously as he explained all of this before a smirk graced his features. " What makes you so willing to trust me to get this close and personally intimate with you? What's to stop me from trying to complete my mission?" He asked rather boldly to the man's face though it was hard to tell if Alex would actually follow through with such a plot even after giving it the weight of words brought to life as he shared the sentiment.

"The moniker of Mentor would make you an experienced and trusted advisor. " Alex trailed detailing what he thought a mentor would be.

"There must be expectations of me, and there must be expectations of you. The terms and conditions of such an arrangement are merited by the existence and founding of such a relationship. Such would indicate that there MUST be some form of ground rules. No game is played without first establishing rules-- and what happens if those rules are broken." Alex expressed that his tone and demeanor shifted as he crossed his arms. " There has to be a reason we trust one another. Trust is a luxury few can afford, let alone maintain. What will make our relationship different enough for me to want to follow your rules?" Alex certainly had a lot of questions and he was still putting up his facade of a little tough guy. But at the very least, all this told Cedwyn several things about this odd youth- He seemed to be thinking ahead, and he seemed to think this offer thus far was still too good to be true. It was as if he was looking for the catch and practically demand to know what it was.

Alex was like that of a feral puppy and he seemed excited to play with his newfound 'playmate' that was Cedwyn but he needed to understand the terms of their engagement.

Cedwyn smirked widely, he shrugged, "sometimes we must have faith that people are more willing to be open to change and new things. I have to believe that you are willing to change and become a new person." He leaned against the wall, "if I can move past the torture of my Sith training and become someone that does some good for the galaxy then I think you can change too. Become someone who has interests and wants that are outside missions and killing."

"Boundaries," Cedwyn nodded his head, "boundaries are good. From now on, you don't take bounties without my approval, we will train your combat skills and Force training every morning. I have a few bases located around that will be good and I will even train you in the Echani martial arts as well, can be tough but will give you an edge not even a standard Force User will have." Cedwyn was setting rules and expectations from what he deemed suitable, "For now, those are the most important things to stick with, I will offer to teach other things, like cooking meals for yourself, explore hobbies and teach you social skills and such if you wish. And if you have anything you wish to learn in particular, then I will do my best to guide you."

Then came what would happen if the trust was broken, what were the consequences, Cedwyn knew he was not Sith, he was not going to be that and he would not instil those emotional scars onto Alex. "Alex, if you break my rules. If you do not listen to me when we're on mission or if my trust in you is broken then this mentorship is over. I don't mind you asking questions or wishing to do things for yourself and our relationship will evolve and change as your skills grow. But for now, you must do as I say and prove you want to be here and trust me."

"Same goes for if I break your trust or break the rules of our agreement, you can ask to leave and I will let you go. Trust and building that trust is crucial and mentorships do not work without them." Cedwyn was firm on this, "how does that sound?"

Alex listened to him with intent and interest. The redhead was silent as the man spoke and he processed all the details. He knew exactly what Alex wanted there was no hiding that it was the same thing that lead the curious boy here. Cut, dry, and simple to understand rules. There was no game to these rules. HE did briefly wonder what Cedwyn stood to gain out of their relationship but was grappling with the understanding of what his interests were. He had a lot of questions he wanted to ask that were more based on intent and syntax of every which way he could pick out any minute glimmer of a loophole thinking much more in a contractual dialog than a conversational dialog.

"I can ask you to leave...As in permission. " He trailed repeating that bit before giving voice to some of his questions. " Does that mean you will have to ask me too? Ask me permission to leave if I break that trust? And what happens if I do something by mistake where my intent was not to break the rules?" He asked perhaps wondering if he could make a mistake or if any actions that lead to such results would be counted as willful intent.

"I'm having difficulty understanding what you want... I feel you might pity my existence. "
Alex trailed. " I don't understand your desire to set me free," Alex spoke truthfully. " However... I think your terms are amiable and agreeable... They sound fair and equal from my perspective presently. " Alex offered.

Alex was certainly over-analytical but the was already liking the idea of learning how to cook and effectively make food. He didn't outright admit that right now like a feral kitten didn't curl up and purr at a stranger but rather snarled and hissed despite starving.

"Only if you wish to ask, you can leave without permission if you are feeling things aren't working. Just let me know that you are leaving." Cedwyn clarified, he didn't want the kid to think this was some indentured servitude or something.

He shook his head, offering Alex a seat. "Mistakes happen, we will both make them. That isn't something that is going to break my trust, as long as you realise it was a mistake and apologise, with a genuine apology, then I will forgive that. And I will do the same for you, nothing I ask from you is going to be something I will not give you, please know that."

When asked why he was doing this, Cedwyn already knew his reasoning, "I'm doing this because I want to help you lead a better life, but I also want to see if I can lead a better life, if I can do good and be a good person. Helping you to also help myself, if that makes any sense." Cedwyn sighed and shrugged, "Life can be rough for people like us, I want to show that we can do good and live well."

In that moment, Alex's lips curved into a peculiarly odd, and fragile, weary smile, betraying the weight of his tumultuous past. Memories surged through his mind like shadows, reminding him of the tangled web that had brought him here. Cedwyn, once a target marked for elimination, now stood as an unexpected mentor, their destinies intertwined by the capricious whims of fate.

Deep within the recesses of his thoughts, a haunting specter loomed. His former handler and owner, a figure shrouded in malevolence, likely yearned to reclaim their investment. Alex, with his defiant spirit and propensity for disobeying rules and orders, had earned the moniker of 'Maverick' in their eyes—a symbol of rebellion that only fueled their desire to regain control. This much he knew was true.

In this delicate dance of trust and danger, Alex mustered an odd, weak sort of smile. "Alright, Captain," he agreed after some quiet contemplative thought. "Very well, Captain," he re-asserted tiredly, his voice carrying a subtle undertone of contemplation. Engaging in a brief moment of introspection, he sought out a place that beckoned comfort and settled himself down, exhaling a weary sigh as he gingerly placed the bag he had brought aside. Resolute, he sought solace in finding a comfortable spot. His weary frame found respite as he took a seat, releasing a heavy sigh as the weight of his burdens settled upon his shoulders.

His calloused hands instinctively reached for his gun, an extension of his being, as he unloaded the cartridge with practiced ease. His nimble fingers deftly unloaded the cartridge from his gun, gently laying it aside, before folding his arms around the weapon, propping it against his shoulder in an almost tender embrace. Cradling the weapon against his side, he allowed himself a moment of vulnerability. The exhaustion from days of relentless sleep deprivation, coupled with the physical toll of their recent encounter, had drained him to the core. Fatigue clawed at the edges of his consciousness, demanding rest and rejuvenation.

It was within this fragile moment that Alex's gaze, tinged with a glimmer of warning, locked with Cedwyn's. "Captain," he murmured softly, his voice laced with a hint of secrecy. "Beware the whispers of those who claim ownership over me. They won't rest until they reclaim what they believe is rightfully theirs." His words, cryptic and enigmatic, hinted at the lurking danger that threatened to ensnare them both.

Only a few fleeting moments elapsed, yet it proved sufficient for the young red-headed warrior to succumb to the embrace of exhaustion.

Evidently, after their brief agreement, Alex seemed to have no fear of Cedwyn. Alex had no qualms with just going right to sleep right there in his ship. With the specter of his former keepers casting a long, foreboding shadow upon his dreams, Alex succumbed to the irresistible embrace of slumber. As his eyelids fluttered closed, a silent prayer for respite echoed within his weary soul, hoping that within the realm of dreams, he could find sanctuary from the storm that awaited them on the horizon.

His relentless battle against sleep deprivation throughout the week, coupled with the physical toll of recent encounters, had certainly drained him to the core. It was a wonder he was as cognizant as he had been. Weary beyond measure, Alex had craved respite and sustenance. And so, he pursued the former with unwavering determination.

Curiously enough, following their brief accord, it was as if Alex seemed to harbor no trepidation that Cedwyn would inflict harm upon him, for any reason. Cedwyn had won him over deftly so with such earnest words. Alex's trust in his newfound 'captain' ran deep, so much so that he harbored no reservations about surrendering to the embrace of slumber right there, aboard the vessel that had become their sanctuary, as if he felt safe, and protected here beneath the gaze of the man whom he had just not long ago tried to murder in cold blood.

Thus Cedwyn was left with the sleeping youth in the heart of his ship. Though diminutive in stature, Alex's vibrant mane of red locks blazed like the embers of a distant star, hinting at the fiery spirit that dwelled within. He looked little more than a young child who could commit no harm as he lay resting peacefully. But he was in truth every ounce of his being the meticulously crafted, bio-genetic engineering, design his creators had thought to forge to create the perfect assassin. And yet, beneath the veneer of steel and shadows, a tender heart blossomed, yearning for a life that transcended his manufactured purpose. A spark initiated by Cedwyn's words of kindness so freely given without judgment of the past.

The cosmos held its breath, for within the heart of this red-headed prodigy, the light of hope burned brighter than the fiercest supernova. With each word penned in the annals of his story, a new chapter unfolded—What fate awaited the spirit of this young soul whom Cedwyn's words reached?

Alex had seemed to adopt the title of Captain for Cedwyn, "Cedwyn works fine, don't need to call me Captain. Call me Master or Sir, if you truly wish to designate me a title but don't feel like you have to kid." Cedwyn told Alex as he watched the young boy strip his weapons with such delicate care. It was good work and he was impressed. The idea of being someone's Master was also a terrifying thought, he was not exactly the most collected person as a Force User and he held his doubts on his skills as a Force User. Yet alone training someone else on how to be a good person and a good Force User, it might be best to drop the kid at a Jedi Temple and letting them take him on, but there was something that lingered in his mind that he could do this. That he needed to do this, that someone else might not guide Alex correctly.

Cedwyn's past, his trauma and his issues, they might be the perfect blend that helped someone in this case. He had to try.

When the kid fell asleep right in the middle of the ship and not even attempting to reach the bed that Cedwyn had set aside for him, he chuckled and shook his head. "Overworked yourself, huh? Well, I've gotta keep that in mind when I train you then." Cedwyn spoke aloud to himself as he picked the kid up in his arms. He carried Alex to the cabin room to make his own and laid him on the bed. "Should be a more comfortable resting spot."

He then left the room and wandered into the cockpit, starting the engines and prepping for take off. He hadn't thought where best to start training the kid. He hadn't really had a location to train others since he never planned to train people. However, for now, he would pick an isolated world, something that was not populated, just so the kid got the chance to do some practice in the morning if he wished. Cedwyn also figured it would give him time to find a place that would be ideal for training. Perhaps repurpose a location.

Alex was surprisingly light in Cedwyn's arms. He was but a feather in truth. His small diminutive form was easily moved and he didn't really stir much in the man's arms. He made some kinds of sounds as if he were trying to carry on a conversation but it was only a murmur of sorts.

The youth rested for a long while- nearing 13 hours in truth. Throughout this length of time, Alex's Force signature would become very apparent to Cedwyn. It was a constant radiation- like the sound of a water faucet dripping faintly in the dark. Easily enough to ignore but it was certainly noticeably there. Alex's connection to the Force radiated with an aura of curiosity and openness. Even in his sleep, his Force signature remained active, reaching out like a gentle touch, eager to explore and bond with the world around him.

Alex seemed to possess little if no control in suppressing his signature when he was awake but now it was certainly very open.

After such a great length of sleep, his body stirred and he woke up in the room he hadn't remembered falling asleep in. Alex decided to snoop about the room curious about the ins and outs of the place and evidently set about pulling things apart before putting them down in a clinically clean military-tight manner and tidying up the room to an obsessive degree of order. Everything has a precise place to be.

During the times that Alex was asleep, Cedwyn had been able to get them to a world where they could train in peace, far from the eyes of anyone. It was an empty world with no detected lifeforms. He knew the surface was of breathable air so they would be safe, it just meant that Alex would not be able to hurt anyone while training. Since it could get explosive and dangerous when first attempting to train in the Force.

Once landed, Cedwyn had been able to get several hours of sleep. He didn't tend to have many hours of sleep but functioned well enough on small but deep sleeps. When awake, Cedwyn sorted out a breakfast for the kid and himself, organising things and giving his best to make a meal that was edible and pleasant enough. Cedwyn never had much in terms of supplies or high quality ingredients, mostly since he was rarely operating from his ship and had several apartments to work from. He figured it might be best to sell a couple of those and rely more on his ship moving forward.

Hearing Alex shifting things around in his room, Cedwyn couldn't help but chuckle, it made sense to be curious and to check a room out but there was nothing fancy nor was there anything that would be spy wear. He allowed the kid to have his own space and do with that space as he pleased. "I cooked you breakfast, nothing fancy just some eggs, some soften jerked meat and toast. Eat up, then we can start do some training."

"We'll start with some basic meditation and Force stuff then do some combat." Cedwyn mentioned before heading back to the food to eat his own breakfast. "Any questions, Alex?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom