Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Shiraya Falls: Intervention

Attire: Jedi Outfit
Companion: Grisial
Equipment: Lightsaber, Nightsister bow
Tag: Brandyn Sal-Soren Brandyn Sal-Soren

Dreidi sighed and nodded her head, "I think I understand what you mean. But there is one thing I need to ask, why did you kill Marr? From the reports, it didn't seem like it was his intention to cause harm to Force Users." She looked over to him, "he played a part in it, yes, but is it not the Jedi way to attempt to redeem others." She leaned back, "the assassin might never be someone that could be redeemed but Marr might have been able to live a life that did better, healed others and saved lives that might otherwise suffer now. We kill when our hands are forced, when our opponents give us no other option."

"Going after the killer was revenge and to satisfy the rage you felt in yourself, it was never going to make those that love you see in as a stronger person. You have to know that Brandyn, they loved you for the kind heart, the willingness to help others and because you were supportive. Chasing people down and murdering people, that wasn't what they wanted from you, they needed you to be there and support them." Dreidi was firm in her tone, she was not seeing the blindness to what he was meant to be and how he was failing those closest to him, "what you did is a choice that I understand and you might never be the same again, the lost of love ones is something that will always change a person fundamentally but you must be blinded by grief if you think this was demonstrating any strength to your family."

She sighed deeply, "I do not mean to sound judgemental or critical... This is hard..." Dreidi admitted, "it is just think of it from the opposite side. You lost your parents, you are having to deal with the impact of the involvement of your father in criminal organisation that murdered your parents, and the harm that does to your family reputation. And instead of your sibling standing beside you, supporting you and helping you grieve that loss together, they abandon you, seeking a murderous revenge that you never asked for and never needed. Returning from it in the belief that you have to respect them more for doing it because they believed it was needed and made them look stronger."

"Doing this because you needed it for closure, doing it because you needed to prevent others suffering the way you did. Those are understandable justifications that I respect and while doing it might not be something I would do myself, the reasoning makes sense. However, what you just said, you did it for vanity, you ended lives to be stronger." There was a concern in her eyes, "that's the mentality a Sith has, that killing others will make you stronger and that their lives have no meaning. Perhaps that is what you need to reflect on, what consequences your actions have had. And why you are needing your family to see you as someone who is strong instead of seeing you as the loving brother that they had always seen you as."

"I don't think it made me stronger," Brandyn said with a dismissive wave of his hand. He seemed annoyed now, as if the good that had been done was unravelling.

His hand ran through his hair as he paced away from the energy barrier that divided them.

"Briana made it very clear at the time...that she didn't want me around...she blamed me..."

He was getting angry. He blamed himself. But he was trying to work through at least forgiving his sister for something that he was doing too. A few breaths were taken. Brandyn calmed himself.

"...Bastila was sequestered...who knows where...Blaire, I still don't know where she is. She never came to the funeral and no one has seen her...so no, Driedi...I did not abandon my family in their time of need..."

...they abandoned me.

He shook his head. It was not the way he wanted to think.

"Going after those responsible...was all I had...left..."

It was a lie. He had Cybelle. He still had his family. He still had responsibilities. He had wanted to do it. Made room in life for it to consume him.

"...the galaxy is better off without them. If that means it is better off without me freely walking the streets, then so be it."

Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic

fyi, Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren Bastila Sal-Soren Bastila Sal-Soren Blaire Sal-Soren Blaire Sal-Soren Cybelle Elyance Cybelle Elyance

Dreidi snorted at the idea of Briana blaming Brandyn and pushing him away, "yeah, and siblings are always upfront and honest when they are dealing with traumatic and upsetting times in their lives." She looked at Brandyn, her eyes were sympathetic but she was highlighting that just because Briana stated one thing that didn't mean that she wanted that. "When my dad died, I pushed my siblings away, I ran away from the Silver Jedi and lived with my adopted sister and my niece. I now don't even know what Nitya and Marcus even look like." Dreidi sighed, she was from a family of strangers, whereas Brandyn was still able to be close with his siblings.

"Have you tried looking for Blaire? Have you reached out to Bastila since this happened?" Dreidi asked, it was easy to feel abandoned when no one contacted you but sometimes, sometimes you had to be the first to reach out. "I am sure Briana would appreciate you listening to how she is doing, hearing the good and the bad."

Tilting her head when he said that it was all he had left, "so, things with Cybelle ended then if you had nothing but revenge?" Dreidi asked, she had known they were in a relationship, seeing how Brandyn had been watching Cybelle while Dreidi had interacted with her during a ball, he was clearly deeply in love with her. "Is it that the revenge was all that you had left or just that it was all you could think about?" Dreidi mentioned as it was easy to all the desires for revenge to become obsessive thinking and hatred spiralling a person down.

"Why do you get to decide the galaxy is better off without them?" Dreidi asked with a look of concern on her face.

Her questions were starting to bother him. Brandyn was clearly more iritated. It was hard to miss when his head tipped back and he sighed loudly.

“I didn’t push my family away,” he said, sounding exasperated.

”I did what…I was trained to do…I worked in the shadows…I ferreted out the evil…I only killed when I had no choice…except for the last time…of course…”

He leaned against the wall, and begun pinching the bridge of his nose.

“Of course, I looked for them. Of course, I sought them out. Of course, Cybelle is still by my side,” he said quietly, almost to himself.

“This…Order…made me…what I am. All I am good for…is hiding…lying…spying…so that is what I did. It was all I knew. It was all I could do. And according to multiple Jedi Masters…what I did was understandable, if not excusable,” he said before glancing at his friend, “I just play the game as it was taught to me.”

Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic

"I didn't say you did." Dreidi commented as she looked over to Brandyn, "but if you did, I would understand why." She then listened to the excuses that Brandyn gave, the comments he made about how he did what he was trained to do and how he acted in accordance to that training.

Dreidi shook her head.

"If you truly think Jedi are assassins, that it is our duty to murder and kill those that we do not agree with, then what separates us from the Sith? Your description, your actions and beliefs of what our training provides, that is the behaviour of the Sith, is it not?" Dreidi asked as she looked over to him. "I once killed someone because I believed it necessary. I beheaded him and used the head to intimidate others into surrendering. I was threatened with being outcasted and named a killer, murderer and closer to Sith than I could ever be to Jedi."

It had been Iris Arani Iris Arani and Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble that declared Dreidi's actions as terrible and unacceptable as a Jedi. She was surprised that there were Jedi Masters visiting Brandyn and stating his actions were acceptable. That what he had done was noble or correct as a Jedi Knight. It felt wrong. Seeking revenge and killing as a Jedi, that wasn't who they were meant to be.

"If all the Order taught you was this, then something went wrong somewhere along the line, Brandyn. You know the holovids of Jedi that you loved, the heroes there would never act the way you have been acting." Dreidi leaned forward somewhat, "and if your actions were heroic or acceptable in the Jedi way, you would not be in a cell and Briana would not have arrested you."

She let out a sigh, "perhaps you do need to step away from the Order. Perhaps you need to reflect on where you stopped becoming the heroic Jedi that you wanted to be and reflect on what type of person you actually wish to be. Murdering people doesn't suit you Brandyn, at least I don't think it does."

"I will always be your friend and I will always help you in times of need, because you aren't as alone as you claim to be." Dreidi hoped that he would lean on her and others, that he would fall down this darker path that seemed to be way he was slipping but she couldn't force him to do anything. That was not the friend she was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom