Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ships and Mass Graves [Fel Imperium Ship Yard Thread]

Taking a hold of the Datapad from the man's grasp, Nodding my head, I took off. Being a Cadet here was sometimes a good job, while also a bad one. Well more so a not great job. Dressed in uniform of my own making with the collar popped up, and a few modifications to help me and my current job as a messenger/technology creator in training. Running as fast as I could, I bumped into a few people, though like it mattered to me. I was to give a progress report to Admiral @[member="Davin"] and to give him news of the amount of troops and cargo than can be on the ship that was being created, as well as the seemingly slow progression of the Heavy and standard Turbolaser batteries.

Really this was not all that hard, but the constant running, then having to come back and work for a group of Technicians. It was tiring. And sometimes even Drama filled. Though I never took part in the drama, I was smart enough to stay away from that. I saw it as no point in putting myself in those situations as it could get me on the wrong track for my Imperial Knight career. I needed to keep a clean slate. Even as that may, I was so focused on running through the different portions of people working that I slammed into a rather large man for my size.

He stood about eight feet tall, and had very little hair on his head and face. A Null. Not so good. I had made him drop the barrel of tools that he was carrying, onto his foot. He cursed at some sort of god, and then at me for making him drop it. I held my hands up and backed away. Running away was smarter rather than talking at this point. The Null's face had gone from white to beat red in anger. Taking wild turns. I lost him in the maze of workers and continued my job of going to the Admiral to give him the progress report.

Soon the look of the place changed. From the dingy work environment of men sweating and smoking and cussing, to well dressed cadets, and Stormtroopers that did their own work as well. Even then, I ran past them. Ducking under a bed that was being moved for the quarters, and jumping over crates of rifles and pistols. I didn't waste any time. Finally I could see Admirals and other walking and talking about things, I already saw the Chiss Imperial Knight. I changed my gait to a simple walk and ran my hand through my hair to get it looking somewhat nice.

Slightly interrupting the two men, I spoke, "Sorry about getting between you to, Admiral Davin, This is the progress report of the ship at the current moment." Handing the Datapad over, I had a slight heavy breath and quick to fill my lungs with air, I had just been running and he could probably tell that I had been doing so. But regardless I kept myself calm with meeting this man, and the Imperator, @[member="Ronin Fel"], who happened to be standing in front of me.

Despite the feeling of rancid food gushing about his innards having disappeared almost as quick as it appeared, Voroll could not think of anything helpful to say to the Cadet. All he could do was merely agree with him.
"No, no it's not okay. But this is kindness compared to what their Order would have done if they won the war. I'd rather see this than be on the recieving end of theirs." There was no tone in his words indicative of emotion, even though he had the misfortune of feeling those of others.

@Veino Garn

@[member="Xander Carrick"] @[member="Ronin Fel"]

The Grand Admiral was just exchanging a bit of small talk with the Imperator and the Slave Master before they headed into the conference room. Davin offered a polite smile to the Slave Lord as he adjusted the cuff of his sleeve, silently sighing and hoping to move things along. And yet something more interesting than useless banter appeared. The Admiral felt the presence before he even saw it, a young man springing out from the middle of nowhere as he flaked his hair over to look more presentable and slowed to a stroll as he neared Davin. He was undoubtedly an Imperial Cadet, Davin could never mistake that prideful look in someone's eyes or the puffing out of one's chest when referred to in such a manner.

"Yes?" He turned to the messenger. His question was immediately answered as he took the datapad with a thoughtful expression. "Thank you, Cadet." A blue hand clamped on to the younger's shoulder. "Imperator, Slave Master, please excuse me for a few moments." The Imperial Knight steered the messenger into the conference room where motion sensor lights flicked on. "Alright, Cadet. First things first, what's your name?" He questioned as he moved to the long table at the center of the room and implanted the datapad's information into the table's electronic systems. It flickered to life to reveal the design of a Star Destroyer he'd been working on for quite some time.

"Second, I'd like your analysis and opinion on this ship. It's called the Resurgence-class Star Destroyer."

I looked to the two other men that were there as the Chiss Admiral. His dark blue hand landed on my shoulder in a pat as he took me away to a conference room. For the reason unknown to me at the moment. Even then, I wondered at why he would bring me, A cadet into a private room when he was speaking with the man who was leading almost the entire show? As a cadet, I thought that maybe I was being sent somewhere on a special mission or even given something else. But I didn't keep my hopes up, because that would not likely happen to me.

With the lights flicking on and the door being shut behind me so we would be left in private, He asked me for my name. Really I was wondering why the Admiral would even care for my name, much as most of the Republic that I knew of may have done to me. WIth the very short time that I was there, I noticed that they had very large Egos, letting them believe that they were better than all the others, because they had credits, or were aligned with the lightside of the force Jedi. Either way, I sheepishly replied at first,

"Xander Carrick." I kept it simple as I would rather not want my loud mouth to get me in trouble by simply talking. he put the datapad into a projector to see the schematics that were so far completed. Though these were really estimates now as some things may have been completed by the time that I had ran the datapad up here. I knew that it was in the ballpark of where the stats were showing. I was also guessing that the Chiss knew that as well. He spoke more, asking about what I thought of the idea that the Star Destroyer was being created, its pros and cons in short form.

I carefully thought about my words, half of me wanted to brownnose the man to get on his good side, but as he was already a Knight, and an Admiral, he had probably seen it alot before. I also was slightly scared on the fact that I would be telling him the truths of what I thought, and possibly make him mad, But for me I would rather tell the truth and get in trouble than lie about it in the first place. Smart thinking for a sixteen year old if you asked me. It was almost like I was sixteen going on thirty-two.

I nodded my head a few times then spoke my mind. "The ship has alot of potential. being that it will be the longest ship in our armory or fleets, It will be holding alot of people, infact more than enough in my mind. I see that the problem lies in that the command bridge is away from the rest of the body, providing a larger target for ships of all sizes. Also, the ships underbelly is not protected, meaning that to protect it in the battle would mean that you would have to have at least a squadron or two under the ship itself to prevent anyone from entering. The hull is thicker here than other ships that I have seen. Most likely a way to make up for the lack of weapons. Looking at the smaller portions of the ship, It is fine overall. I think it would be a good ship, but more so kept in a larger fleet rather than by itself."

I hoped that the Chiss could understand me. WIth the different weakness that the ship had, and the strengths, I rather liked the ship, however, thought that it could possibly be improved upon. But saying that is not my place. Really the things that could be approved upon was simple tactics in battle. Sometimes, you needed to draw people towards a ship as a diversion, and with a flat bottom that would show a weakside, this could be exploited.

@[member="Davin"]

Veino gave a rather resigned shrug. It was kinder, certainly. Did it make it right though? "Kinder, certainly. Is it right though? The two are not always the same. Sometimes the right choice involves showing someone a truth that hurts." Like say, a certain apprentice needed to get their head out of the clouds and be more grounded in reality. That conversation and rejection still stung, even after nearly getting his face torn apart by a crazy Sith cat-lady or his arms sliced off. Strange how much enemies could get away with and have no ill-will, while friends and loved ones caused pain after so little.

"Kinder, certainly. Is it right though?" - this was beginning to sound like a conversation that Voroll had yet to contemplate. A conversation regarding personal ethics and greater morals. Sometimes, he thought, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Utilitarianism, he recalled: from learning such a term in an religious studies and ethics class back home. In this case he applied it to the needs of the wider galactic community; without a single governing body controlling the actions of every dark sider bent on the complete domination of the known galaxy and subjugation of every sentient species, as well as the eradication of those who would surely oppose them, it was already a better place.
Dark siders were dark siders, and from what little knowledge he had on them, not all were evil. The Force, including all aspects, were tools to be used to achieve objectives. Whether it be beneficial or not.

There he was: stood watching the systematic execution of unarmed Force-users, by firing squad, while they unidentified bodies were buried together. Rotting together, festering in the dirt and mud and feeding the life that would surely grow from them, whilst having a conversation about the entire situation being morally or ethically right?
This was, by all means, not right. It was an extreme. On the other were those in the galaxy who, once the government of the Sith was dissolved, left the followers of the Sith cult to their practice, forsaking original reasons for war. The Sith were left to roam free and far.

There was a slight pause in response while Voroll thought through all of this and formulated an answer.
"No."

@Veino Garn

Veino gave a short nod. "Exactly." He gave a sharp about face to turn away from the scene and let out a long breath. He wasn't sure how much longer he could stand being here, or even how much longer he was required to be there. Hopefully not much longer. He could feel his walls beginning to crumble. Focus. He took a long breath, and focused on not crumbling, waiting for the determination settled across him, then he froze it, using it to bolster the emotional walls. He clenched a fist as another wave of nausea struck. "Do we need to report to someone somewhere? Or are we set loose?"
He hoped for either one. Moral debates were only as good as the setting, and watching and feeling executions was not a good place for them. Or perhaps, it was. Its effects gave potency to the ideas. Either way, he did not care to be here any longer than necessary. "How are you coming along with your empathy control?"

@[member="Voroll Dey Astaar"]

@[member="Xander Carrick"]

So his name was Xander Carrick. It seemed...familiar. He'd probably seen it somewhere on the dossiers of the Imperial Academy, where all Cadets and Knights trained under Masters. However, this one seemed promising. Already he'd exhibited a knowledge of starships, a knack for analysis, and a natural affinity of the Force that Davin also wielded. Perhaps he could be of use somewhere else, maybe even before he finished his training to Knight. Maybe he was even ready to be promoted to Knight. Davin mentally shrugged, tucking the thoughts aside for later reference.

"Your observation is quite accurate, but all of those flaws can be easily countered by superior tactics." The Admiral flashed a tight, wolfish smile. "You see, space has no gravity and therefore maneuverability on large scales is extremely easy to accomplish. Say I was in the command of such a vessel and an attack came in from below. Of course the armor is stronger there, but I can merely rotate the Star Destroyer on its axis to bring every single weapon to bear on to the attacker." His red eyes shimmered with delight.

"Tactics can overcome any obstacle, no matter how strong it is. However, a good strategist always needs his followers to be well-equipped."

I could see the glint in the man's eyes as he took into account of my analysis of the ship as a whole so far. His body showed that he was quite proud? As the man spoke about superior tactics that could over run those that had weaknesses. I had to think, if he really was going to turn the ship upside down, then he would probably have to either revert the gravity of the ship, which meant that it would have to be built to walk and perform tasks on the "ceiling." Or the man would likely just shut off the fake gravity to make everyone float so the ship could turn up side down, and still give the people in side, some time to revert back to their tasks.

The downside of doing this, was not that he would flip over for just some smaller ships, but more for the the larger star destroyers or even the larger classes of frigates or capital ships. And so it would cause the bottom to become more apparent and would be susceptible to a bomb run, instead of a simple fighter run. Even as I thought this, I knew that the Admiral would already have other tactics to go against this particular happening. I payed attention to the man. Soaking in this information like a sponge in water. But what hit me the hardest was his last words of every man being well-equipped. And deciding to ask about it, instead of staying in the shadows,

"I know that I am smart and just a Cadet, but Admiral, what is is that you need of me, and my analysis? And may I also ask by what you mean by needing your followers well-equipped? I thought we already were?" I knew that the instant I would ask this, I may have come off as a little Naive. or harsh, or nosy for asking these two questions, when anyone else would ask something else, or even a stupid artograph from the man. However, I was here to find out about my life and to further myself, and others around me. If I were to do this, then I needed to know all that I could.

@[member="Davin"]

His body followed Garn's as he turned completely around, leaving Orona and Zaal to watch the last few executions for the time being. And while he no longer had the knowledge of how this particular Cadet was feeling, he spotted the fist clench and knew that something had bothered him. Maybe he had a larger reach than Voroll did and maybe it upset him more. It had been times like this where Voroll thanked all the Gods he knew for only giving him a limited range of emotional perception.

"Do we need to report to someone somewhere? Or are we set loose?" - When that was said, Voroll instantly looked to a small group of swoop bikes not too far from the large transport they were stood on. He knew some of the other soldiers had arrived on them, but since the transport was now empty of death-row inmates, he reasoned they could get a ride in there.
"As far as I'm aware, we were only here to provide assistance should it be needed. Zaal and Orona can continue with that, I'm sure." He climbed down the side of the transport and walked to one of the closest bikes. He thought it was fortunate that the Fels had a large amount of standard hover technology, but it was rare that the chance arrived for him to actually ride on one. Perhaps this was one of those times.
"How are you coming along with your empathy control?" Garn said. It must have been louder than the rest because Voroll could hear it clearly even from the distance he was at.
"Not very!" He exclaimed, turning the engine from standby to near-full power. He waited for the other to follow, if he would at all.

@Veino Garn

Jar'varkh was already in the room behind the pair before they even knew it. The dark cloak hid his form from eyesight and the shadows that carpeted the outer edges of the room offered more than just solace for the present time. The Admiral had split off from the Imperator, who'd taken to walking down the hallway with the Slave Master while the lowly Cadet trailed the Executor into the conference room. Muffled footsteps padded lightly against the floor as the Death Commando ducked into the room and proceeded to eavesdrop on their conversation. Granted, he was a Fel Commando, but this Admiral was someone he had to keep his eye on.

@[member="Xander Carrick"] @[member="Davin"]

Veino nodded and walked down to the swoops, slinging his leg over one's seat and turning the engine up. He gave a short nod, ignoring the nauseating feeling of rot that still lingered in the area. Or trying too. It might last for quite a while unless it could be cleansed somehow or other. He forced it away, though it still lingered unpleasantly, like a faint, bitter aftertaste.
"Want me to try and help you learn to control it some?" It would be good to do something else for a while. Maybe take a sanitation bath afterwards. Or anything, really, to feel clean and untainted again.

"You'd do that?" His voice had to be louder than the engines of the bike on which he rode. So he had to shout to Garn. He glanced at him once or twice, hoping that the man adjacent could hear him, while he tried to keep control of the incredibly-fast swoop bike.

It was, in truth, exhilarating; riding such a machine on a nearly-flat surface with no visible obstacles in sight. Something that Voroll had always wanted to do. Finally with the help of the Imperium Armed Forces he had achieved such a goal. What was even more fun, he had to guess, would be to race on it. So with a lingering glance at the other empath, who still had a bit of a sour face on him, he smirked and sped off, leaning closer to... gain more aerodynamics? He assumed so, because all the racers in the holovideos did just that.

@[member="Veino Garn"]

Veino nodded and called back over the thrum of the engines, "Of course!" He pressed the accelerator and shot forwards after @[member="Voroll Dey Astaar"]. He hadn't done this too often before. It was exciting, feeling the ground race down beneath him and the wind singing in his ears. Perhaps he should do this more often. Or maybe not. It was getting rather less pleasant as moments ticked by.

It took a second to hear and another to register what had been said, and by that time it felt like an eternity that he had 'ignored' Garn. So he powered down the speeder, quite swiftly as well. The throttle to the bike had literally just been pulled back; so it fell right behind the other one until it came to a stop. Voroll hopped off and waited for the other empath to realise and turn around.

@[member="Veino Garn"]

Veino dropped the accelerator down and arced back in a slow curve, hair plastered back by the wind and slightly wind-deaf. The silence seemed oddly empty. He tapped his ear experimentally. Apparently he could still hear. That was fortunate. Hearing was rather important. How else could he hear Davin yelling? Actually, he probably didn't need to hear well for that. "Shall we practice here then? Or elsewhere?"

Voroll glanced around to the surrounding plains, it was empty with sparse patches of natural grass amongst dried dirt. Odd for a large military-world, but then again this entire area was still inside the military installation and would probably be used, eventually, for the burying of bodies when the other trenches became too full.
"I'm fine here." He said, leaning against the hovering speeder.

@[member="Veino Garn"]

Veino nodded and paused to think. This could be a little difficult, actually. How did someone teach this?
"All right then... things will probably work differently for you." Safety disclaimer there, then. "I picture a wall around me... and use the Force to make it an emotional barrier. It took a while to build. Almost with individual bricks so to speak. Then a door I can open and close to let other's in. Make any sense?"

He looked around after a wall had been mentioned and realised, there were no people here. Nothing to really tell if it was working, no reason to get angry or feel fear or regret. No stimuli suitable for an emotional response. Garn was right in the first instance to suggest going somewhere else. He probably knew that it would not work as effectively as Voroll had thought.
"A wall..." he muttered and closed his eyes, his body gently sunk to the floor to lean on his knees. When there he started to breath slower but heavier; to control his breathing before allowing it to become natural. He sat there for a good few moments to get himself into the rhythm of inhaling and exhaling. And when he had got that, he started to focus on the mental building of a wall. Not everything worked the same for the same people, but even if this did not, it would be a step towards controlling the emotions he felt and eventually being able to block them out whenever he wished.
Brick-by-brick.

@[member="Veino Garn"]

Veino nodded encouragingly and waited several minutes to let him prepare and build the wall. Then he started lowering his, increment by increment, letting his own unease and sick feeling from the events leach out in increasing amounts. He stopped with the last bit still intact to see the effect on @[member="Voroll Dey Astaar"].

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom