Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheryl

He just stood there, staring at a distance at the girl he had known, she had done better then him, covering it up, becoming normal again. She looked good, from what she could tell, walking into her apartment all alone, with a job, a boyfriend, a real life. He bet that her military career was a distant thing of the path and no one knew of it that she talked to. But he did, he knew her all to well. He had fought with her, lead her, loved her. He stared at her for a long time, thinking it through whether he should do this or not, his feelings, and his mind were at a conflict, logic against emotions.

Knocking on the door he kept his head down thinking about the past, a scene played in his head, he was cradling a head, her head, she was bleeding heavy. Suddenly he snapped out of it and looked up to see her looking out at her in shock. He moved to say something to her but before he could say anything she had pulled him in her apartment and locked the door. He turned around at her and she pinned herself to the door, a horrified look on her face, as if he was a monster.

“What…” she gulped as she looked at him, “What are you doing here?” The words seemed forced, as if she wanted to just scream, as if this was a dream, he went to talk but she just shook her head and threw a remote at him. Casually dodging it he looked at her, going to talk again she walked up to him and got in his face, “Go, leave, don’t ever come here again, I left that life behind… they made us leave that life behind.”

301 words of 1000

“I’m sorry, we need to talk, I need you.” He would say this looking at her in a soft voice as she stood close to him, their noses almost seeming to touch each other. She just stared at him in the eyes and shook her head walking away and putting a hand through her hair as she sighed frustrated. She spun and swung at him, in a second his hand was up and had caught her arm just staring into her eyes, the sadness overwhelming him, but he held strong and remembered why he was there.

He let go of her arm and she looked at him, at the brink of tears she walked up to him and laid her head on his chest and began to sob. “What could they possibly want from me, we were decommissioned, classified, discharged.” She said between sobs before finally looking up at him, her eyes filled with tears, he knew she didn’t want to go back. That fact made this whole thing so much harder for him, he cleared his throat but she just laid her head back on his chest and he just stood there looking down at her.

“They don’t need you, I do, just me. I’ve started a new job, I’m a mercenary, and have been working with a group of people, but they’ve all got help, and I’m slightly lacking, so I need you to come and help me.” He said this in his normal soft voice. He had talked very quietly for years, even after the military tried to get him to be more outgoing, they only managed to get him to talk, that was as far as he would go. He managed to get to captain because he didn’t need to use words to order his troops, he was smart and found other ways, and when he needed to talk, he didn’t need to yell, or scream, he got it through.

625 of 1000

She took her head off from his chest and wiped her cheeks looking up at him. “You… you look different…” she said softly touching his face, “What happened to you?” her voice would quiver a little. The man she had known had been military, fine groomed, well fed, well made, this was not the man that stood before her. He hung his head a little as he took a long and deep sigh before looking at her pondering his next words to her, “Life.”

Looking into his eyes she just nodded and took a step back as she gained control of herself, “You said you needed me for something, what was it?” she asked him looking at him examining his features, what had changed about him, and what had remained. He stood there for a moment pondering his next words, what he would say to convince her. “I need you to aid me, by being my… handler…. helping me see things and get through things on missions.” he said looking at her, his words hiding his true meaning.

She would nod and sit down in her chair and pondered what he had asked her, wondering what the job really was going to be like, and if she should take it or not. The thoughts ran through her head, she had known him for years, he was a good and gentle man, but was ruthless in combat, more than anyone else on their cover squad. She stood up suddenly and looked at him, a slight twinkle on her face as she nodded towards him, “Yes I will accept you job offer, I will be your handler.” She said looking at him with a large smile on her face. He looked down at his feet for a moment before looking up at her.

“I’m sorry.”

And for her, the world went black.

935 words of 1000

[SIZE=11pt]Days Later….[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]He looked down at her, watching her as she laid there unconscious. He couldn’t believe he was doing this, but he had to. Not for the reasons he gave her, but for his own. He needed, something, and he knew it was with her. In the deepest parts of his mind he knew what it was that he was seeking, a companion, that will listen to him, and console him, but is not him, not his shy self, maybe someone, who could change him. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Looking over at [member="Felix Hardy"] he said to him, “You know the drill? Change her memory, make her think it wasn’t a choice...” the other man had given him a slight nod, he had given them the instructions and had paid the man to do what he had asked of him, with more than enough credits. He didn’t need anything fancy, luckily but he did need a hard task performed for him. He was going to turn his dear friend and companion Sheryl…. Into his AI. He took a deep breath as they started the procedure.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“How is she?” He asked Felix and Felix just handed him the chip. “Ask her yourself.” Slightly raising his brow he put the chip into the implant he had gotten the day before and shuddered as it kicked up. “Hi Darson.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]He had the system check through all the systems, she was truly the AI he needed, she was directly intertwined with his brain, having a direct connection. She could enhance all his senses and check his cybernetics and physical health. They had made it resistant to attacks from EMP and ionic weapons making sure that it didn’t kill and him along with it. She could access his armor and use some of the gadgets in it for him if he were to be preoccupied. It was the perfect system for him, and she seemed…. happy.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]
Words, 1253 out of 1000 needed.
[/SIZE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom