Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shedding Some Light

[member="Jessica Med-Beq"] [member="Herr Vanderhing"]

Joost the Lawful

Joost hadn't been out of his hive for very long, and didn't know if the current Geonosis rulers would have sensors that found him, or patrollers that would discover him, or if there even was a ruler of Geonosis at this point. It had been a very long time, and the history Joost had was one of dismay and an ultimate end for the Galaxy. They never had word of a Rebellion, or the great wars that had happened after. They were an isolated collective after the Clone Wars, and now, they wanted some fresh air.

It seemed the planet had life to it still, thankfully, and its most promising place being a palace on the horizon. Joost traveled long and far with his two Warrior Caste Guards. They all wielded spears, including Joost, but they didn't come for war. Geonosis was still not the safest planet in the world, but the Geonosians were alive... And they had survived the worst.

As Joost and his guards approached the palace, he waited to see if anyone approached him, if anyone recognized what he was...

Battle droid's stood at the entrance to the gubernatorial as a strange looking Geonosisian accompanied by two guards approached and the two turned to look at eachother in confusion

"Who's this clown?" One asked

"I don't know.... Should we shoot him?...." The other asked

"I don't know he seems important maybe we should report this"

One of the droid's pulled out a transmitter and spoke to a supervisor "Um.... Boss?..... Theirs a pretty powerful looking Geonosisian here.... He looks pretty important!!.... Um, no... Yes spears... Of coarse not.... No, no!!.... Roger, roger!!.... Excuse me sir, I'm going to need some identification please!!...."

[member="Gisela the Righteous"], [member="Jessica Med-Beq"]

(OOC: apologies for the wait...)

[member="Herr Vanderhing"]

Joost was taken aback as the droids started going off and acting weird. Joost wasn't afraid, there was some history taught about them and how odd they could be, he just thought they wouldn't be odd now. He tilted his head as the droid questioned him and asked him for identification. He didn't know if the droid would understand his language, but it's all he knew. The guards took a step forward and hit the ground with their spears, but Joost waved them down, to keep them calm.

"<I do not have this... Identification. I am Archduke Joost the lawful, royalty to Queen Gisela the Righteous. I wish to speak to who leads Geonosis, please.>"

OOC: Geonosian speech is assumed when speech is in <brackets>, and Basic for bracket-less speech.

IC: "<Your Highness, please forgive the rudeness of the droids. They should get their maintenance soon. Oh and Archduke Joost, you may not be used to Force-users because Geonosians produce so little in the way of Force-users but I am one. My name is Jessica, I am a Jedi Knight>"

While Jessica certainly understood Geonosian, her understanding of Geonosian was somewhat... limited. She had to make an effort to actually understand Joost, when she was freshly out of the Citadel on Confederate business, but she found that she actually was functional to the point she can speak Geonosian, albeit with a bit of an accent, and with a rather limited vocabulary and understanding. Her business on Geonosis was primarily with people who spoke Basic. But what the Geonosian archduke doesn't know, at least for the time being, was that there were Jedi in Confederate service. Jessica was offering to lead Joost to Herr, with her Force-aided sense of direction, while keeping in mind that Geonosians are usually unfamiliar to the world of Force-users: not even Okikuti, the dark-sided police inquisitor, and she wouldn't be surprised if Joost was surprised upon telling him just what kind of space witch she is.

"<I will accompany Your Highness to the chamber where Herr, the ruler of Geonosis, awaits your presence. Nevertheless, what's the nature of your visit?>"

[member="Gisela the Righteous"] [member="Herr Vanderhing"]

[member="Jessica Med-Beq"] [member="Herr Vanderhing"]

Joost waved his hand as if the droids didn't matter or bother him, along with making some small banter in Geonosian slang. Force sensitivity didn't matter to him, he didn't see it making someone special. It was another skill, another ability, like him and his guards had wings and could fly, while other Geonosians could not. His Hive had kept a lot of knowledge of the past, but little more in the way of force users, only the fact the ones they worked with long ago all betrayed them. They needed to make sure they didn't make the same mistakes again.

"<Hmmm... My business with this leader is private, but it is both business and pleasure. Some requests, and some light demands out of equal respect, but we take nothing from you. Geonosis has been lost to my people for a long time, and found by someone else. I am here to make sure my people won't be segregated against">

Herr Vanderhing sat on a large chair looking like a throne in the palace. His feet hung off the left end as his back and head hung off the right end with not a care in the world. He was surrounded by dozens of self portraits and gold busts of himself. He admired each and every image of himself as he perused his walls. Standing next to Vanderhing was his ever-loyal shadow, another Neimoidian Genf Orkay. The hallways of the palace were filled to the brim as well with portraits and busts of Vanderhing along with other Neimoidian decor sprawling across the Geonosian architecture. A battle droid painted all black and white except for it's face walked up to the two wearing a black bow-tie

"Madam Med-Beq.... Master Vamderhing wasn't expecting guests!!! What is the meaning of this?!?! And who is this?...."

"<Surely Herr wouldn't like to anger the native Geonosian leadership. He might be easily angered but he knows the Hives can cause him trouble if he angers the Hives>"

As she guided Joost through the palace halls, Jessica realized that the main conspirator in the riot inside Stalgasin Memorial Stadium was really self-centered: he had dozens of gold-plated statues of Neimoidians, some of them busts, while others are and equally many portraits. Even Jessica would at most name one product after her, and she chose to do it on a product that had a lot of impact on her on personal and business levels: it got her fired from Kuat Drive Yards (there's no telling whether she wouldn't have been laid off six years later if she hasn't been fired then), and it allowed Ringovinda StarYards to drive KDY (and Rendili StarDrive) out of the bulk freight market entirely. Otherwise, she would not go out of her way to get more than one each of a portrait and a statue commissioned, knowing that these two objects would be on Glyss as per royal Glyss tradition. And, across these halls, she closed in on the throne room.

"Archduke Joost the Lawful. He is a representative of the Geonosian Hives, on official business" she answered over comms, while still out of visual range from Herr.

[member="Gisela the Righteous"] [member="Herr Vanderhing"]

[member="Herr Vanderhing"] [member="Jessica Med-Beq"]

Joost gave a nod a wave to Herr, straightening himself up. His guards also made themselves presentable. <"Greetings. I am Archduke Joost the lawful; duke to the last hive and Queen, that we know of, and Archduke of leadership over the Geonosians. I request a private audience with the current leader of Geonosis, please. I must ensure my people will not be mistreated or looked down upon on Geonosis, and perhaps integrate them into the local work force to build a treasury. This is very important. While I would never openly make threats, because I respect high ranking and leadership officials, I do feel my people and I deserve equal treatment that any leader should be given.">

"Roger, Roger!!.... My apologies Master Archduke sir.... If you'll follow me I'll take you to master Vanderhing immediately!!" the droid said with a slight bow signaling with his hand for them to follow. The droid guided them to the unofficial gubernatorial throne room and walked up to the Neimoidian and gave a bow

"Master Vanderhing you have guests" the Neimoidian still sat in the unorthodox way mentioned before then glared daggers at the droid. He then grabbed the droid by the 'neck'

"Stupid droid!!!..... I said I wanted no guests today!!!...." He hissed until the Geonosian spoke up

"Oh-oh my apologies Mr. Archduke!!.... I-I-I had no idea!!!!..." He immediately grabbed his cane threw the droid to the floor and leaped to his feet limping towards the Geonosian extending his hand for a shake.

"Why.... Mr. Archduke?!... Mistreated?!?! Never!!! Under my gubernatory supervision, I've given the Geonosian people more then fair treatment!!! Under my leadership I've segregated the Geonosians and the Neimoidians from the humans... We here in fact consider them above humans.... No offense Madam Med-Beq.... And we have given them the sort of nationalistic fervor not seen since the Clone Wars!!!...."

"<My apologies. I'm taking my leave of Your Highness, Joost, as well as of you, Herr. If you may excuse me, this is a purely Geonosian affair and I have no business interfering in Geonosian affairs>"

She knew that, while an important contributor to the Confederacy, the Geonosians are not within Jessica's purview. These were affairs that were to be dealt strictly between Herr and Joost, which she left with the droidic security guards. And Genf. With that said, Jessica was a little concerned about finding her way back to the exit of the gubernatorial palace without the help of the battle droids that were serving as Herr's droidic valets. And the mental images of the halls of the palace being lined up with bronzium statues and portraits of Neimoidians keep tormenting her in her mind: while she could understand on Glyss to have one bronzium statue and one portrait of each of the previous kings and queens, and princes(ses) consort, having multiple copies of the likeness - in each medium - was perhaps a bit much to her eyes. But she swiftly remembered the way in, so the way out isn't the chore she otherwise made it out to be.

[member="Herr Vanderhing"] [member="Gisela the Righteous"]

Joosts guards stood at the entrance to the room, minding their own business.

Joost searched around and found a good enough seat nearby, sitting down. <"No, we don't think we are being mistreated, Leader Herr. Gisela is one of the current strongest Queens, our hive has apparently been seen as the largest and oldest, though we are new to the outside world. I'm here for some requests, a few light demands, and offers. However..."> Joost got comfortable in the chair and squinted his eyes at Herr as he pondered <"Why is a Nemoidian leading My peoples planet, and my people? Great Queen Gisela has wanted to keep herself and her children as safe as possible, so we don't know much of the current times. Do fill me in why a Geonosian doesn't lead Geonosis, please?">

Vanderhing sat back in his gubernatorial throne and crossed his legs and grasped his cane on the floor giving a faint smile

"I was merely the only CIS official that volunteered for the position. Can you not deny that I've done an excellent job?.... As I said before I've given the Geonosian people more nationalistic fervor then they've had in a long while....." He signaled his butler droid over "Now what are your demands?.... It is up to me to keep all of the queens content....." The butler droid came over carrying a tray with two wine glasses and a bottle. The droid poured two glasses and offered one to the Geonosian

[member="Gisela the Righteous"]

Joost gave a single chuckle as he waved at the drink; he didn't want it at tge moment, but depending on how these talks went, he might. <"Do not worry, I was only pressuring you a little. But, that is why I have claimed the title of Archduke. You have treated my people well, but they are afraid, even still. They don't speak up, in fear another betrayal... Or worse, may happen. I wish to bring my people back to the spotlight, as every other alien is or ever was. Bring my people back to their glory, their honor. My Queen has made this my mission, but I feel it is my destiny. My wishes are that I am allowed to travel unmolested on my planet. My intentions are just as my name implies; lawful. I, of course, respect your privacy of your room, but any structure of Geonosian design, I wish full access to. This is not a demand. But even the slightest gesture of segregation would be seen as disrespectful ftom other Geonosians, that we can not even explore our own masterpieces. I wish for a small fund, to start my Queens treasury. What is a Queen with no currency? I will have access to this treasury, as it will allow us to obtain the basic necessities this galaxy requires of us; things like a ship to travel, means of communication, and other items. I do apologize for using the word demand, but it merely means things that should be expected. My demands are that, as long as it does not conflict with your administration, or your affiliation, that I and my Queen are allowed to do as we wish. She wishes to bring the Gronosian culture and construction back; warships, weapons and other technology. Also... The Petranaki Arena is sacred to our culture, honor, and very being. I regret to demand that this not be tainted by outsiders, if it has in the past, no more. Yes, we know if one of these outsider species can have different individuals among them, but we risk letting someone in to demoralize, disrespect, or cause havoc of our traditions. We can, of course, allow invitations of respected and well known officials, such as yourself, Vanderhing. But outsiders require invitation to enter or watch. And... One last thing...">

Joost took a breath, letting everything sink in for Vanderhing. He reached over to take a sip of the drink, shaking his head slightly from the non-geonosian drink. <"You certainly have been good to our people, Herr Vanderhing, and I make no claim to challenge your current position, but the Geonosians need a leader of their own to know they don't have to huddle in their caves anymore. Their Queens don't feel threatened, but less than welcomed, so they do not venture out. Allow me to be that headfigure for them. I can bring them out, integrate them into workforces, raise their spirits, as their Archduke.">

Vanderhing nodded his head and looked about the room, he gave a small giggle and a humored smile

"My, my, my....... Those are quite the demands you've made.... Now usually, if it was anyone else making these demands I'd have them gutted like a fish!!....." He smiled even wider "BUT....... I sympathize with your cause and I greatly respect your queen. I can allow you access to every room except my private quarters AND my study. I will donate some funds for your queen's coffers. As for the stadium, I want no outsiders at all other than respected individuals such as myself, invitation or not to be allowed in that stadium!!!! Especially after those sith SCUM RUINED MY RALLY AND SLAUGHTERED THOUSANDS OF YOUR PEOPLE!!!!! Excuse me..... I still haven't quite gotten over the actions of the disgusting filth known as the Sith....." Vanderhing composed himself once more then heard the Archduke's final demand.

"Those are all fair demands...... But I must ask of a few favors of my own of you and your queen....."

Joost nodded his head in confirmation and reassurance, lustening to Herr continue, focusing and listening intently. <"I can not make very many formal agreements, especially if they impose on my Queen. By which, if anything I can offer an opinion or council on of what may happen, but it will be up to her in the end. I will, however, not directly decline unless it is an impossible favor. I will hear you, Vanderhing. I thank you for your acceptance of mine,so it is only fair.">

Vanderhing continued to sit snug upon his throne "My demands....... I wish for one thing that will lead to the next..... You see my people have been under the tyranny of the New Republic and Sith for years and as of recently they've both capitulated.... Now I've begged and pleaded for the CIS to come to their aide and yet each time I get turned down!!! Surely you must sympathize with me?!.... I wish for you to take a seat on the Confederacy council.... This will give me another member to help with my home world's liberation!! It will also make life ever much easier for the Geonosian people I-I-I must say!!......"

Joost nodded, putting the drink down and sliding it away a little. <"You are lucky, this is something I know my Queen will enjoy to participate in. But I will be her representative, as she can not leave the hive. This is not out of the question. You have treated our people well as best you can, Vanderhing. We will aid you in freeing your people when the time comes. Is there anything more?">

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom