Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shark bait on Smuggler’s Moon (Open to Hunters)

Harkin Kane

Back In The Saddle
After feeling the leap into hyperspace Harkin let his head hit the hull with a thunk. Closing his eyes he thought to himself, 'Ah, now the fun part.' Formal introductions, strategy preparations, and the whole nine yards. Truth be he hadn't thought the plan out this far, and was uncertain on the intentions and plans of everyone else on the ship. Except that of the bounty hunter of course. Speaking of Harkin opened his eyes in time to witness the tin man heading back up to the cockpit. With a sigh Harkin hoisted himself off the bench and followed suit.

@[member="Harkin Kane"] @[member="Judah Dashiell"] @[member="Hannibal Oryen"]

Safely in hyperspace, she could devote her full attention to what she thought she just heard come out of Judah's mouth. Spinning the pilot's chair around, she noted they had guests standing in the entryway of the cockpit. Good, because everyone could hear what she had to say next.

"Are you frakkin' out of your mind, Judah?! You just want me to...to, give myself up to Daxton? Do you know what you're asking me to do?" Suddenly, she didn't feel so good; she felt like she was going to be sick. Palm pressed to her forehead as she shot the famous Kai-glare at the shaggy-haired man that proposed to her. And the entire time, her voice wasn't loud, it was deadly quiet.

Arm waved through the air in exasperation toward Harkin and Hannibal. "And you all know me, obviously by answering some bounty-ad from a sadistic-sociopath. I think it's only fair I get your full names. Right. Now."

Harkin Kane

Back In The Saddle
Harkin nodded heavily in agreement while the mermaid confronted her betrothed. That was until her attention fell onto himself and Hannibal. He smiled as warmly as the circumstances would allow, "Harkin Kane, ma'am, ex-Bluehawk, retired bounty-hunter, and a handful of other things." He extended his hand politely but didn't expect it to be shook. He kept a stare towards both pilot and co-pilot doing his best to monitor their current depositions.

"Forgive me for speaking bluntly, You are in love with an idiot!" Harkin looked towards the co-pilot, "You're an idiot." Looking back towards the mermaid he continued. "Please tell me I didn't just join a vendetta soaked suicide run after a Sith."

@[member="Harkin Kane"] | @[member="Thessa Kai"] | @[member="Judah Dashiell"]

Hannibal leaned himself against the door-frame, hands in his pockets like the cool cat he was. It sounded like Dashiell at spilled the beans, as indicated by the quiet fury of Thessa Kai. Clearly Judah had not been able to pitch the plan in an optimally convincing way. Lucky for him, Hannibal was the very definition of convincing. Especially with that smooth, hip dialect of his. As per usual, Hannibal was cut off by the mook with the eyepatch, who took the opportunity to call Judah an idiot. Why he had chosen to do so was beyond Hannibal, as the Fondorian typically offered some sort of basis for such claims when making them.

"You familiar with th' phrase 'time ann'a place?'" Hannibal inquired, folding his arms. "Take a chill pill, Polyphemus."

With that said, Hannibal could now formally introduce himself. "I'm Hannibal Oryen. Bounty hunter, mercenary, ne'er-do-well. That kinda shtick."

@[member="Thessa Kai"] , @[member="Harkin Kane"] , @[member="Hannibal Oryen"]

Ramrod straight in the copilots chair, Judah was in trouble. Big trouble. He had a hole the size of a sarlacc pit to dig himself out of in the coming days. Thessa had misunderstood his plan or simply didn't like it. Either way, he wasn't so stupid as to open his mouth to clarify. It would only bring more problems upon him at the moment. What hadn't helped was their idiot stowaway adding fuel to the already deadly fire. Fantasies about watching the stowaway float lifeless over the Siren's bow filled his head.

The infamous Kai glare remained on his form at all times, boring into him like a knife. Thessa looked a little pale but it was most likely the strain she was having from not choking him. Still, a large question hung in the air.

"So what is your plan then?"

Bluehawks, sounded familiar, but she didn't have time to investigate that thought bubble further. The flustered, mermaid pilot managed to drag her glare away from Judah. "Hannibal, Harkin." Arms crossed stiffly beneath her chest, posture remained rigid and ready for a fight but now she didn't know which one she would hit first. Attention went to Harkin first, but not her fist. "Hey, I'm the only one allowed to call him an idiot around here but concern noted." A single driftwood-brow lofted in Hannibal's direction.

"What is this crazy plan you and my fiancé have cooked-up?" If there was a slim chance of getting Daxton, she was already hooked. Still, the thought of being within ten feet of the man that mentally raped her made her want to throw-up. A shiver ran through her lithe-form and the grip around her arms tightened as she waited for the sale's pitch.

Harkin Kane

Back In The Saddle
Harkin wore a confident easy-going look be it the famous pilot swagger or merc grin, but they were not existent. A sullen look was plastered across his face. "Look Thessa, take it from someone who has been down this road. Revenge will only lead to a wake of death... The damnedest thing about it will be when it isn't your own." It was the first time he had called the woman by name, and he expected the words to be shoved back down his throat. But he had to try and advert the course of action brewing in the minds of the others. The bounty hunter sought only wealth. If the tune was pretty it'd be nothing for him to succeed and turn-coat again. And what if the lovers got themselves killed? Only worse than that was one of them dying. That's one hell of a demon to carry. Harkin stared hard at the girl. Clearly the final shot was hers to call...

Hannibal immediately scoffed at Harkin. "I shoulda known you's was a wimp. Pipe down." He commented, rolling his eyes despite the gesture being lost beneath his mask.

The Fondorian had figured Judah would've been more forthcoming with the plan, but it didn't look to be going that way. Was this guy getting cold feet already? It probably didn't matter. Thessa's disposition had suddenly changed from bristling fury to piqued interest. Would she enjoy being the bait? Probably not, but there were few better ideas floating around. Short of trying to track Daxton down, which seemed impossible for all intents and purposes. The man had a lot of faces and a distinguished low profile.

"It's simple, dollface. We hightail it over ta' some space station, preferably one ya got friends on 'r somehin', and I gives Bane a call. Tell 'im I got 'is bounty, but she's in critical condition an' can't be moved. He'll 'ave to come pick ya up 'imself. He blunders in, we spring th' trap. All very simple like."

They would have to spend some money on some props and makeup if this was going to be sold correctly. They were also going to need, like, twenty-something Ysalamiri. Hannibal did not like fighting space ninjas without anti-space-ninja-lizards on hand. If they wanted to go the real distance, they'd need to shop for the right kind of weapons. And maybe some extra hands, but certainly not the cyclops over there. 'Revenge will only lead to a wake of death.' Yeah, that was kind of the point of it as far as Hannibal was concerned. Revenge contracts were the best contracts.

"He pays me, you pay me, and then you get that retribution thing ya've been lookin' for. It'sa win-win. Alls we gotta do is put on some razzle-dazzle and we'll 'ave him hook-line an' sinker."

@[member="Thessa Kai"] | @[member="Harkin Kane"] | @[member="Hannibal Oryen"] | @[member="Daxton Bane"]

"I'm not so sure.We're not dealing with the average Sith here.Yes, a trap could work. He may even be so blinded by the chance of getting his prize it could be pulled off."

Yet it boiled down to Thessa's choice in the matter. If she wanted to enact her revenge, meet her attacker face to face again as she once mentioned then so be it. If not, then his suggestion of course would to lay low once again. Reformulate their plan and continue on. Judah knew Bane wasn't going to give up. For some strange reason he had latched onto Thessa in a twisted manner and wasn't letting go.

Already thinking like a married couple, she didn’t realize her thoughts were in-sync with Judah’s as she silently studied Harkin’s face. “This time, it’s not about revenge.” When she teamed up with Dells and Jorus, yes, it had very much been about revenge. But this time…

“It’s about moving on with my life, our,” stiff arms finally uncrossed and she curled her fingers around Judah’s gruff grip, “lives. What would you suggest I do, Mister Kane? I can’t live in a hole the rest of my life and Bane’s already gone after Judah. You wouldn’t even want to know what he did to…” aqua-lips clamped closed as her fingers tightened for a moment around Judah’s hand, the feeling of his rough, sandpapery skin she knew well from his salvaging a steadying comfort. “If there’s a chance we can do this with support,” iced-azure gaze drifted to Hannibal, giving him a look as if to say he’d used up his get-away free on dollface comments for the night card, “then we can’t waste this opportunity.”

“I want a weapon with me at all times, non-negotiable. Judah, you thinking of the Void station? And Harkin,” steady-gaze finally rested back on their stowaway, communicating everything she knew she had the potential to lose. She was determined not to let that happen. Nothing was going to happen to Judah. She would make sure of that. “are you with us? Or, you want us to drop you off somewhere?” She imagined he wouldn’t give anything away if they did let him go. Why would he argue against them doing this if he had ulterior motives?

Harkin Kane

Back In The Saddle
"Call it what you will. Frak'n with a Sith will piss more of them off, but hell... if your so dead-set, then I'm going with ya." Harkin crossed his arms. He was against it, and it was obvious. But arguing any further would only get him put off the ship, and then he would be of no help to anyone. "Listen tin can I'm not the one hiding behind a suit of armor. It's a lot easier running around the vacuum without a conscious then with one. The hard-ass thing ain't fooling me." Harkin leveled a hard look towards Hannibal and kept the heavy gaze as he looked between the cockpit. Regardless of the cause the road ahead was a bumpy one.

@[member='Thessa Kai'],@[member='Judah Dashiell'],@[member='Hannibal Oryen'],

@[member="Thessa Kai"] | @[member="Harkin Kane"] | @[member="Hannibal Oryen"]

Standing, Judah ignored the dueling bounty hunters and gave Thessa's hand a small squeeze, along with a shoulder nudge. It was to gather her attention subtly for a moment, giving a look that conveyed Are you okay with this? It was a now or never moment. He would never be able to convince another pair of bounty hunters to assist them in such a manner.

"We're already on our way to Void Station but it would be one of the more logical choices to do this. Its lawless and its position gives us a leg up should be need to escape and quickly. Between the Mara Corridor and the Corellian Run its easy enough to get away and not be followed. I've been to the station a handful of times. There's enough space to do what we will need to do...uh...razzle dazzle as Oryen says."

Judah paused, thinking a moment.

"Better too if things go bad. In which case I want Thessa to leave with the Siren. We're bordering on the edge of suicidal and idiotic with this idea and I see a whole host of what-ifs down the line. If everything works out decently then you've got to be one hell of a criminal mastermind."

Hannibal's visored gaze shifted once more to Harkin. Judah had said something, but he didn't hear it now. Hannibal was just about tired of this man and his uselss interjections, moreso now that he had now accused Hannibal of "hiding" behind armor. The idea that protective armor was best reserved for cowards was one of the more ludicrous sentiments Hannibal had ever been subjected to in his time as a bounty hunter. Hannibal Oryen made his living fighting people. He chased down criminals and vagrants of every kind. Almost every one of his jobs involved violence. Fists, blaster bolts, slugs, flechette pellets, knives, swords, clubs, explosives, stun rounds, and space magic had all been lobbed at Hannibal at one point or another. Armor was not an option. It was not for style. It was not for "hiding." It was a necessity for any sane bounty hunter who wanted to last more than seven minutes on any given job.

Why did soldiers wear armor? Why did police wear armor? Why do firefighters and bombtroopers wear armor? Because their line of work entails it. Because their line of work demands a degree of protection beyond that of, say, a clerk. Without it, they would not be able to do their job efficiently or would put themselves at unnecessary risk. The only people who made these claims that donning armor was an act of cowardice typically didn't even have the money to afford it, and thus had to justify their own financial misfortune. That, or they really did have balls so large that bloodflow to their brain was restricted, severely impairing their judgement to the point that they actually believed the nonsensical gibberish they spouted.

Hannibal was wearing simple light armor with a blastproof vest. There were much, much more heavily armored bounty hunters in the Galaxy. Some of which even had access to Beskar, cortosis, and songsteel. They were not cowards. They were pragmatic. That they had access to common sense and resources beyond that of their detractors did not make them milquetoasts. Effective armor was the hallmark of a successful bounty hunter.

Suffice to say, Hannibal disagreed. Strenuously. But now the Fondorian was beyond spoken words. Harkin glanced briefly back to the viewport while Hannibal's visors bored into him, allowing the incensed bounty hunter an opening. Moving with lightning speed, Hannibal's repulse-hand flared to life as he utilized it to launch an uppercut against Harkin's lower jaw. The repulse-hand was a replacement cybernetic, illegal in large swaths of civilized space. This was mostly due to widespread abhorrence of its destructive power. The repulse-hand, if used correctly, could tear horrendously painful gashes across unsuspecting opponents and pulverize bones into dust. Thankfully for Harkin, his failure to wear a helmet would mean the force of Hannibal's punch would render him unconscious almost immediately. He wouldn't have to suffer through the waking pain of a macerated jaw.

Bang, zoom. Straight to the moon.

Pfft, like she would leave without Judah. Didn't he even....

The meaningful look she shared with him was cut short as one of the bounty hunters got a little feisty. With no hesitation, she reached behind her and easily swung the shotgun barrel up. Finger hovered over the trigger as she locked eyes with Hannibal. "Unless you get your jollies with guns constantly pointed on you, I suggest you back off. And so help me, if one more fist is swung, weapon drawn, kick, shove, whatever, I will pop you both out of...of," stomach was killing her, "...the airlock." Frowning, she turned and hastily put the shotgun in Judah's hands.

"Sweetie, babysit the kids? Excuse me," clamping down her lips, she shoved past whatever state Harkin and Hannibal were in and made a bee-line for the refresher.

Her upset stomach was turning into a full-on throw-up session.

Harkin Kane

Back In The Saddle
Stars spun about the room as Harkin fell back against the hull of the ship. 'Damn, touchy subject' Harkin had seen the blow coming and moved his hands up in time to absorb some of the impact, but the momentum of the blow brought both his hands and Hannibal's screaming into the side of his chin. A loud buzzing screamed in his head and the world was out of contrast momentarily. The taste of blood had began filling up his mouth, and he was certain a moller or two was chipped, but some pride could be found in the fact that he stayed conscious. However the pain that came with the state was unpleasant.

Harkin looked down at the hands that had hindered the fist's original trajectory. That old smile had returned as he looked up at Hannibal. Quick to the gun huh someone like Hannibal would be the only thing that would pull this shindig off, but to admit being impressed would mean Harkin admitted defeat. And we couldn't have that. So like any insane sailor of the stars would do he simply smiled. "Easy bub, better to have a blaster by your back then at it. Like it or not chief, we're all part of this dysfunctional little family for awhile. Let's just survive the ride." Out of equal amounts of spite towards the hunter and concern for Thessa, Harkin looked towards Judah, "She alright?" Much of his focus was still on the steaming bounty hunter, but Harkin did well to hide it. The sound the fist made against the plethora of flesh was still echoing through the hull. Harkin, no stranger to the feeling, was undergoing one hell of a headache. In between speaking blood seeped from the man's mouth, and if Harkin kept swallowing it he'd be in a worse state then Thessa. Harkin more tripping and falling than walking, wandered down the spine of the ship looking for a nice corner to collapse in.
@[member='Thessa Kai'],@[member='Hannibal Oryen'], @[member='Judah Dashiell']

@[member="Thessa Kai"] | @[member="Hannibal Oryen"] | @[member="Harkin Kane"]

Startled, both by the bounty hunter vs. bounty hunter issue and Thessa's quick exit, Judah took the shotgun loosely in his hand. He kept it facing out, knowing it was some type of intimidation technique put on by the Galan. Or....she had been quite angry and was close to shooting their passengers. Tricky one to read at times, that mermaid. The stowaway seemed concerned though, perhaps because a dead bounty wouldn't get him as many credits as the living breathing thing.

"I'm sure she'll be fine." Pausing, Judah watched the retreating stowaway. He internally winced as bright red droplets tarred his perfectly clean and gleaming interior. "Try not to bleed all over my ship. Lounge is straight ahead, its got a medkit."

Between the bounty hunters, the sound of Thessa retching filtering down the corridors and the trail of blood, the lifeforms aboard the Siren were dropping like flies. If it was any indication on how their plan would go they might as all put a blaster to their temples and save Bane the trouble.

Harkin Kane

Back In The Saddle
Harkin stumbled into the lounge. "Well ol' boy this going according to plan?" He spotted the medkit and began rummaging for it.

"So your just going to risk your life for these people?"

Harkin immediately stopped and looked up at nothing. Suddenly his bleeding mouth was not his top concern. "Naomi? Suddenly I am reminded why I started drinking in the first place..." His wife had been dead fifteen years now, but her voice has haunted him since his cold stay in the republican prison all those years ago.

"This is just like you my love, they don't trust you. Why would you risk your life like this?"

'Gawd, your not even real. I'm arguing with myself.'

"Because they're good people. I have to help them if I can! You and I both know where revenge has got me. If I can spare them from the same road. I've just gotta do this okay."

"There is more to it than that isn't there? I know you dear. Your seeking a noble death. Helping them has nothing to do with it! It's all about you!

"You're wrong, and your not real. Your blood stains my hands, and if I didn't help these people their blood would too. Not fearing death doesn't mean I'm searching for it."

"The mirrored walls of a coward's cage."

'Please leave, your dead, and I know it.' The solider was fighting tears. He was really beginning to miss the booze. Still his mind was elsewhere. He wondered if Naomi had truly thought he was so selfish. Was he so selfish?

Of course the refresher was right off the lounge. After brushing her teeth and rinsing out her mouth, her fingers clutched the sink basin, shoulders hunched, iced-azure gaze stared back, face a little paler. Get a hold of yourself, Kai.

The nauseous feeling was finally subsiding. Must've been some bad kelp juice or something. The refresher door slid open and she caught the ramblings of Harkin. Great, now they were working with a crazy person. Sighing, she reached a hand out to the hunter's shoulder. If they wanted to survive this, they needed each person at their best. "You okay? Sparky could probably help you with some stitches." As if on cue, the little astromech beeped around the corner.

Lights flashed in the corridor, signaling their incoming entry out of hyperspace and to the Void station.

Harkin Kane

Back In The Saddle
The hand startled Harkin. "Yeah, peachy 'preciate it, but the I'll manage em my self... You okay?" He didn't look her way. He was rattled and he didn't want anyone to know it. On top of that if they knew that he was being hounded by a ghost he'd be ejected out of the trash shoot for sure. He was concerned for Thessa though, it's awfully hard to be intimidating while nauseous. The droid seemed a tad disappointed he didn't get to play surgeon in the soldier's mouth. Who knows how that would of played out.

He had pulled himself back together, and with a silent sigh turned to face Thessa. He noticed the light show bouncing around the ship. He had a bad feeling growing in his gut. Things were bound to get ugly.

@[member='Thessa Kai'],@[member='Judah Dashiell'], @[member='Hannibal Oryen'],

@[member="Thessa Kai"] @[member="Hannibal Oryen"] @[member="Harkin Kane"]

Spotting the flashing lights, Judah slid into the pilots chair, placing the shotgun between his leg and the durasteel wall. Lines faded back into stars and Void Station came into view, perched and embedded on the large asteroid. Taking the controls and banking the Siren extremely gently, Judah worked on coming along the starboard side of the station. It was the slightly more reputable part of Void Station. The last thing he needed was Thessa getting riled up if he drug her past the slave markets. They'd be fighting Bane and an entire host of angry people that didn't need to be involved.

A rather bored sounding voice crackled over the comm, allowing them to dock in bay 138. Not for free, of course. Nothing was free on Void Station. Judah noted the prices to land at the questionable facility had gone up since his last visit. Perhaps something to do with the Hutts taking over the Wheel along the Mid-Rim.

Setting the Siren down smoothly, Judah immediately released the hatch and started to put the vessel down on standby. He didn't want to have to warm up the engines or run cold if they had to make a very quick getaway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom