Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Shard of Retaliation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matreya

Finger-Hand-Harness-Metal-Chain-Strap-font-b-Bracelet-b-font-Anime-Cosplay-Butler-Kuroshitsuji-Sapphire.jpg

Image Source: Couldn't find one..

Intent: To give Valashu a step up in the field
Development Thread: Obtained (Thread may continue on.)
Manufacturer: Unknown
Model: Shard of Retaliation
Affiliation: Valashu Elahad
Modularity: NA
Production: Unique

Material: Force Imbued Gem, Leather, Steel

Classification: Anti-Attack
Weight: 0.68 kg
Quality:
  • Active: 10
  • Inactive: 1
Special Features: Conjures a field capable of stopping all non-Force attacks when activated

Description:
An ancient enhanced gem of unknown make and craft, the Shard is quite a powerful tool... in its prime. Upon a time, the item was capable of blocking any and all incoming attacks for a while. For whatever debilitating reasons, the stones quality has shrunk severely.

What once lasted almost a full minute, now lasts long enough to block a singular attack, before needing to be reactivated. As well, it is only able to be used 4 times before needing a recharge, which takes several hours to do so, relying on a slow draw from the Force. It is also impossible to fill it any other way.

Despite not being as useful as before, the Shard is still powerful. Attacks are deflected, all the while leaving the wielder able to move of their own. The biggest downside to this though, is it isn't simply a reflex, the Shard must be focused on, with maintained intent.

Primary Source: NA

*THIS IS CANON*

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Matreya said:
Special Features: Conjures a field capable of stopping all non-Force attacks when activated

This is quite a powerful artifact; because of that, I would like to see the development thread continue for a while longer. But while that happens, we can get to hammering out the details of this sub.

Matreya said:
What once lasted almost a full minute, now lasts long enough to block a singular attack, before needing to be reactivated.
I'd like to see a cool-down time for this. It doesn't have to be super long, but something long enough to go with the description that it has trouble lasting for long periods of time.

Matreya said:
As well, it is only able to be used 4 times before needing a recharge.
How does it recharge? (Does it need a battery or some other conventional power source? Or does it slowly recharge on its own by somehow drawing upon the Force?)

As a suggestion, I'd recommend fleshing out the description a bit more. For example, you can put a little bit in there about how the hunter got this artifact or maybe a method of operation on how this works.

In addition, as per the Wookieepedia article, this should also state that it requires the user to focus on it in order to effectively use this.

Matreya

[member="Gir Quee"]

How much more pertaining to the Shard would you like to see?

Assuming I continue to write decent quality, would 5 more be ok?

Matreya said:
How much more pertaining to the Shard would you like to see? Assuming I continue to write decent quality, would 5 more be ok?
The exact length of development will depend on the features that we're currently talking about. In addition to the questions I've already posed to you, how long will this take to recharge? Is it something that can be done on the battlefield? Or is it only once per battle?

Matreya

Per the sub, it can be used 4 times, in battle, I will be of course editing in the "requires focus" bit - not sure how I forgot that.

The recharge, I am going to say will be... I guess several hours? Not so long that when he needs it later that it cannot be used, but long enough that once out of uses it cannot be recharged in a single thread.

Ie, no using it 4 times in an invasion but then saying it recharged.

[member="Gir Quee"]

[member="Matreya"], I apologize for the delay. I do see that the thread has continued since we've last talked. However, a lot of them are fairly short posts (and sometimes that's the nature of RPing when it comes to conversation). I'd like to see somewhere between 5-10 more substantial posts (roughly 250 words or more) added to the thread, and the it'll be fine by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom