Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Shady Business

She had been swiping through a datapad, dressed in simple night clothes. Sliding from her bed with ease as someone knocked. She knew it wasn't someone she knew specifically almost immediately. And would open to door to see Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok standing there. She knew he was a Master, but didn't recall meeting him directly.

"Oh... Hello, what is it?"

She was particularly surprised by what he had said, and his bumbling in introducing himself. When he announced his reason for being at her door, she would shake her head in confusion; looking out the doorway a bit on instinct, then moving aside so he could enter the room if he so wished.

"Uhm... Yeah... Sorry, Honestly I guess I just thought this would be more... I dunno' Secret, o-.. Different. Sorry, Master.."

She said, staring at him curiously.

Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok

I would make it more clandestine, if we weren’t already standing in the middle of the Silver Rest, right outside your room, after I cleared the corridor by telling all of your neighbors that there was a gas leak.

It was true—the hallway, indeed the entire dorm, was eerily quiet both to the ear and to one's Force sense. Nimdok was still smiling as he took a deep breath and sighed heavily, enjoying the silence.

Force, I love being able to do that. Oh, right.” He stepped through the door and into her room, waiting until the door closed behind him before he spoke again. “Anyway, is there any particular reason you were interested in being a Shadow?

She felt a little green for not noting it earlier. Everyone was gone... No one had gotten her... Then again, if there was a gas leak it would've been safe for everyone to just leave wouldn't it. That was a whole bunch of confusion in of itself, but she didn't have time, and wagered he didn't as well.

He asked her why, and it took a lot to not let her mind run back to her youth. She wouldn't let those memories run her; not even a step further.

"I know what the Sith are capable of... There are new enemies to peace and order every day; but I'll never forgot what they are.. Ever"

The conviction in her voice was palpable. Aayla was quite the little zealot. At least she wasn’t psychotic, as far as he could tell anyway.

I see.” Nimdok took a seat on a chair that was too low to the ground for his height, though he made do and folded his hands in his lap anyway.

You would like to not only stop them, but prevent the rise of new enemies, yes? And the path of subterfuge with the Shadows seems like an apt method. Hm, have you chosen a class yet? Guardian, Sentinel, Consular?

She listened to him, moving to follow and sit on her bed; bringing her feet up so she was sitting criss-cross.

"Guardian... And yes, it seems better to... Well, pluck out the problem at the root, versus just cutting down the grass every few years. No one should have to go through the things they subject innocent people too"

She said, nodding as if she was cementing that to herself. She of course wondered then... Did this Nimdok know about her previous outings with Kadan? Hell she had blown up at least one Sith Vault already, and she certainly wasn't tasked too.

Well, from a philosophical perspective, we all have to be careful not to make snap judgements and allow our fear and anger to get the better of us. The reason why the Shadows are so controversial is because they are seen as ‘jumping the gun’, if you know what I mean.

He waved his hand dismissively, moving on. “Anyway, I asked because it’s usually Sentinels who become Shadows. Guardians tend to be a bit too brazen and bold for secret missions. But it’s certainly not unheard of for Guardians to become Shadows, so you’re all right there.” He was back to smiling. “If you like, I can sign you on for specialized training as a Shadow right here and now. We’ve already conducted a background check, you fulfill all the requirements, but interest and drive are what count the most. So, what do you say?

He knew it likely seemed rather abrupt, but for the time being, that really was all that there was to it. The Silver Shadows’ numbers were small, but he was hoping to grow them, beginning with Aayla.

She listened carefully to what he had to say, most especially the bit about Sentinels generally being picked. Perhaps things had changed, as she had always assumed that was the other way around. Not like it mattered if she was still going to get a shot though. He had continued to speak, and she began twiddling her thumbs lightly. This was something she had been looking forward too for about three years now. She almost thought they had forgotten the application. And yet here he was talking to her about this stuff. She had to admit, he didn't strike her as the shadowy Clandestine type...

"I've been interested, and all I have these days is drive. Tell me what I need to do, and I'll do it... I'll sign what I need too. I want to take this to the next level."

She admitted, feeling a certain pride when he mentioned that they had done a background check, and she filled the stated requirements. It made her feel distinguished.

Taking out his datapad, Nimdok chuckled. “I’m the one who will be doing the signing here.

He scrawled his signature with the tip of his finger across the screen, then turned it around to show her. It was a document which stated he had approved her to begin training as a Shadow, including missions in the field, provided their skill level did not outmatch her current rank.

When you are knighted, you won’t need my permission,” he said, tucking his datapad away again. “Now… wait a minute, do you have a master? I remember reading in your file that your first master disappeared… Most unfortunate, you have my sincerest condolences. But it is also bizarre that such a promising student would be left by the wayside like that… I suppose I could step up to the plate, if you would have me.

His only other experience with an apprentice had been Salazar Niminen, who had practically trained himself. Nimdok was only there to push him harder and further than he would have otherwise gone.

Therein a hard choice to make. She had a Master, though Josh was interesting in his own right; there was so much to learn, and she felt behind already on it. As such she would fold her arms looking back at Nimdok. Eyes, and lips trapped in a smile as she saw that she had officially been authorized to begin training to do what so few before her had done.

"If you're going to train me to do this kind of work, then yes; except... Well, never-mind. I'll deal with that when I deal with it... Just let me know where, and when you need me next."

Aayla mumbled, glancing at her pillow a bit. She felt energized, but equally wanted to go to bed...

"Perhaps that means I should be calling you Master from now on..."

She nodded once as he said indeed, moving to her feet as he managed to stand himself. Offering her own hand and giving it a shake. With that she would see him out...

"Good Night, Professor Master Nimdok... May the Force be with you"

She said, closing the door and turning to press her back against it with a grin. This was a good thing, but she realized... Maybe this was something she couldn't really tell anyone. In any case; this was a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom