Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shadows of the Past

Mirien waited most patiently while Tegaea explained the history of the last couple years to Siobhan, or maybe longer. She wasn't sure, but she'd taken a seat and remained most quiet, and still during that time. While silent vocally, her mind was racing a million miles an hour.

If the situation was reversed, would she have let someone enter her mind and try to restore it? That was an answer she couldn't be certain of. Even if it was offered, she didn't believe there was a being in the world she'd have trusted enough to try and help repair the damage to her mind. But alas, the point was moot. The time for that had long come and gone. Almost ironic, that she could help others get their memories back, but she couldn't help herself.

Mirien sighed, rose to her feet and crossed the room to stand at Siobhan's bedside, but no further. "Siobhan, more than anyone, I understand what you are going through." Drawing in a deep breath, she let it out slowly to keep her own emotions in check. "I had an accident, fell a long, long way. And in the end, I woke up nearly a week later, not even knowing my own name." Another sigh came and went, "I'm still missing twenty years of my life, that I may never get back." She had hope that maybe, someday, it might return. Though, with each passing year hope faded just a little more. "But today isn't about me, not at all. I just want you to know where I come from. And maybe, just maybe I can give you the chance I never had."

"Now, if it would make you trust me more.... Because heaven knows I would have a hard time trusting someone I didn't remember at all... I can give you my memories of us, share with you what I have." She paused, and frowned a little, "Though it might get a little strange if you gain back your memories of us, as you'd see and know both sides of the conversation, both of our feelings, and so on... But if it will help you, I can do it."

Then came the part she didn't want to have to explain but none the less, she was asked, and she would answer. "As for what you asked," Another sigh, "The mind is a most complicated organ. There is no telling in advance how an individual can and will react to it." Idly she tucked her hair back behind her ears, out of her way. "Right now, think of your brain like a datacrystal, one can wipe the data from it, but it's never completely gone. It's left in fragments that cannot connect with one another, fragments that theoretically can be put back together."

She took another deep breath, to still her nerves and went on, "The reality is this, I can't make it worse than it already is. I can attempt to put your memories back together. But in no way will it be all of them. Secondly, there is no guarantee that I can even give you back a single memory. There are no promises of what the result will be. None. I can never give you that. Not without knowing exactly what the Sith chose to do with you mind."

Yet another sigh, as she looked over to Tegaea, "I have nothing I can promise either of you. Not a damn thing. All I can promise is to try, and try with everything I have." Slowly she lifted a hand to rub at her temples, a bit stressed, far more than usual considering the delicate nature of the task she'd have to embark on before it was all said and done, if Siobhan so desired it of her. She laid a hand on Siobhan's shoulder, "The choice is yours, if you want this Siobhan, I'll do whatever it takes to see it through."

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] [member="Tegaea Alcori"]

[member="Mirien Valdier"]

When one thought about it, Mirien's situation was rather tragic. She could take away and restore the memories of others, but was unable to help herself. Truly a tragic irony of fate.

Siobhan was silent and listened intently as Mirien spoke. She was by no means an empath, but she was not blind to what Mirien had gone through. Siobhan had been rid of several years and found herself lost, but Mirien had been robbed of her entire life. The Countess did not know the circumstances that had led to this, but that did not matter. The fact that Mirien was still carrying on after such an ordeal amplified her respect for her. Perhaps this was someone she could trust. She saw how hard it must be for Mirien to deal with this. She could help another...but not herself.

Still...having someone, even a person her wife trusted, enter her mind with the promise of restoring it was a...difficult matter. "I understand. I'm...sorry you lost your life. I wish I could help, you" she said feelingly, reaching out to take Mirien's hand and give it a soft squeeze, then looked from her to Tegaea, as if warring with herself as she tried to decide on a course of action.

However, it was decision time. As much as Siobhan would have liked the contrary, there were no perfect solutions. "I get that. There's no quick fix, perfect solutions that make things right again as if someone's waving a magic wand," she sighed at that, taking a deep breath as she tried to calm her nerves, which unfortunately were feeling terribly jittery. At least now she could be certain that things could not get worse for her if she tried it. That was better than what she had expected. "Letting someone inside my mind it's...very sensitive for me. Nothing personal against you, just the way I'm wired. It would be easier if I...remembered you. If you're alright with...me gaining memories from you. I don't want to intrude on your privacy or force this on you." This was getting terribly awkward on both ends really. Siobhan would obviously not remember this, but Mirien had told her all her secrets from the get go - all expect one.

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"], [member="Mirien Valdier"]

Tegaea herself, usually the calm and controlled one, felt awkward too.
Having never had much experience with such things, or how the Force worked, she was reduced to looking pensive in the corner.

“Uhh….did you want some time alone?” she asked uncertainly.

Mirien nodded slowly, squeezing Siobhan's hand in return. "It's alright, truly. I've long since grieved for what was lost, and I've come to terms with all of it. Though that doesn't stop me from still looking for fragments of who I might have been." She gave a small shrug, "I hope someday, I'll know. But if it never returns, I'm okay with that too."

A most kind, soft smile crossed Miri's lips. "I understand Siobhan. The idea of someone playing around in my mind, is not one I take any comfort in. So, I have no issue sharing what memories I have. Call it an exercise in trust.... For both of us." It was exactly that. She had to trust Siobhan, with some of her most intimate and personal thoughts, but not just that, her emotions, feelings, and even that one single secret that she'd thought repeatedly of sharing the second night they were together, but held back. Mirien had asked for time that night, before she would be willing to share such a thing.

She paused, and sighed, turning to Tegaea, "Please don't go." She spoke softly, a bit of fear detectable in her voice. "Giving her my memories, is one thing, that won't be uncomfortable. However, putting her memories back, while it won't hurt, there will be discomfort, a strange pressure is the best I can relate it. She may need you." I may need you. She added silently to herself.

"Now there is something I need to say about these memories." Mirien said as she turned back to face Siobhan. "The night after we met, I ..." Pausing she frowned, "I told you all my secrets, all the things of who I was, what I used to do.... You were upset at first. It's things that might upset you again." She hoped not, but Siobhan was going to be seeing and hearing these things for the first time, again. It was a possibility though, that she knew.

"And there is one more thing," This she didn't want to talk about, in the least. "But I told you everything, expect one, one thing, one secret I wasn't ready to share. It's in my thoughts, my memories of that evening. I asked for time that night, to be ready to share it with you, with Tegaea." The brunette sighed heavily, feeling a trace of tears start to form in her eyes, "I no longer have the luxury of time. You will know exactly what it is now that I held back on. As much as I still want it to be a secret, to not share that part of my life, a part I am very much ashamed of. Actions that I hate myself for. However, the reality is you are more important than that. You're life, your memories, are more important than my comfort."

Mirien gave another sigh as she moved closer to Siobhan to sit on the bed beside her, having little idea as to how much or little the experience would take out of her, both physically and emotionally. "I'll begin whenever you are ready, unless you have more questions for me before?"

[member="Tegaea Alcori"] [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

For a moment Siobhan's heart hardened and suspicion seemed to overcome her. Had Mirien once been a Sith and kept that secret from her? Then she dismissed that claim. Perhaps the years had made her go soft. Which years? The ones she was no longer able to remember. "Miri...I'm...I'm sorry. I don't want to hurt you or cause you discomfort. I'm sorry for asking this of you. Whatever you did, it can't be that despicable if you're here, ready risk everything just to help me," she said softly.

"Then I can't judge you. Not if you're placing me that highly. And Tegs trusts you," she sighed, reaching out to gently stroke across Mirien's cheek, perhaps brushing tears away if any had dripped down. "Please stay, Tegs. You're my wife...I don't want to shut you out," she turned to address the redhead before turning her attention back to the brunette. "If you're willing...ready to do this, I'm ready," she took a deep breath. This would probably not be a pleasant ride for either of them.

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
[member="Mirien Valdier"], [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Somewhat reassured, Tegaea pulled up a chair close to the bed. She had heard from Siobhan most of the relevant details, so she was able to put in a bit of reassurance here.
“From what you told me after Mirien arrived, I think she is trustworthy. I’m here for you both, if you need me,” she said.
She wasn’t sure how this Force stuff went, so she made sure a nurse was on call in another room if needed and that she had some water nearby.

She smiled at Tegaea for a moment, "Thank you, I appreciate it very much Tegs."

Turning back to Sio, a small frown formed upon her lips. "Don't be sorry. Not for a second." Mirien said firmly. "You didn't ask, I offered. I would not have done so if I wasn't willing." A sigh came, "If I'm to be frank, I should have told you from the start but I was afraid. In the end, I suppose you'll get to decide if that secret really is so terrible." After all once the memories were passed into Siobhan's mind, that part was out of Mirien's hands. At the end of the day though, even if Siobhan didn't think it so bad, Mirien still had not forgiven herself. "It's just ... You gave me a second chance in life. A second chance that no one else would have. A chance for an actual life, a life of my choosing. And for the first time in forever, my life is in my own hands. You gave that to me, and it's something I may never be able to replay in full, so consider it that I owe you this much, to try and give you a part of your life back."

Mirien managed a weak smile as Siobhan wiped away a few of her fallen tears. "I'm as ready as I'll ever be." The brunette said softly, as she leaned forward slowly and laid a single hand upon Sio's forehead. Taking in a deep breath, Mirien drew upon the force, pulling at it's tangled web of power, as she thought back to the first moments that she spotted Siobhan flying in the sky on Alderaan, coming to land in quite the spectacular fashion. Drawing on the memories she had of her time with Siobhan, and Tegaea, she gathered them soon into a single bundle of images, thoughts, feelings, and emotions. All the things she had felt and seen that night, right even down to the scents and sounds of the places they had visited, things they'd done together.

Closing her eyes, she exhaled slowly and began to impart the same memories into Siobhan's mind. As much energy as the process took, there wasn't a way to filter or sort anything aside, it was all or nothing. Somehow she imagined it was going to be a little awkward at first, it wasn't every day one got to see a third person view of themselves, much less everything that came with that person's memories. One by one, wisp by wisp of it all, Mirien carefully, slowly, and most tediously transferred the lot of her memories, every last one she had, which included her skills and talents, and defenses in mentalism, among others.The process was by no means a quick one.

When it was all said and done, Siobhan gifted every moment that Miri had of the two of them, the brunette withdrew as carefully, and cautiously as she could. Leaning back up, Miri blinked once, her head felt rather heavy, and odd. Reaching up, she rubbed at her forehead, trying to get her bearings again. She started to stand, an action she soon regretted as dizziness consumed her, and the poor girl stumbled, nearly falling if not for catching the railing of Siobhan's hospital bed. "Not feeling so great..." She mumbled, a little out of it. This reaction she hadn't quite expected, but then again she'd never transferred so much information, to another before.

"Whatever happens, even if none of this works. You have my thanks." Siobhan took a deep, calmning breath and braced herself for the onslaught she knew would come. When Mirien's hand touched her forehead she arched into the soft touch, at the same time pulling down her the mental barriers that kept her mind shielded, opening it for the intrusion. It meant a great deal for her to let someone in like this, but after what had been spoken she was reassured enough to make the leap and let Mirien in.

Moreover, her wife Tegaea was here. However, as it turned out Siobhan had not braced herself nearly enough for the mind blast that soon overtook her. As Mirien unleashed a single, large bundle of images, thoughts, feelings and emotions Siobhan felt like she was being overwhelmned. Her mind felt like it was being split and then it appeared as if she was swimming through a vast ocean as the flood of a tidal wave hit her. It was almost impossible to maintain any form of concentration and so she simply gave up trying to control the flood and just went with the flow. The process was by no means a quick one. Nor was it particularly gentle.

She felt and saw...so many things. Starting with the moment when Mirien had spotted her flying through the sky of Alderaan, a planet that ironically enough had been the place where her memories would later be stolen from her. It took her a moment to realise that she was seeing herself fly from Mirien's perspective. It was not her own impressions she was she was seeing, but those of Mirien, likewise it was Mirien's thoughts and feeling she was seeing. Flashes appeared in her mind, of the nights they had spent together, the pleasure Mirien had felt, her fear of being rejected when she finally confessed her past, the hope for a new life when Tegaea and Siobhan welcomed her into theirs and into Firemane. Likewise the fierce rage when she had heard what had befallen Siobhan at the hands of Shadow and then later of the Sith mentalist on Alderaan.

Siobhan felt so...connected to her. Probably more connected than to anyone except her wife. But there were other memories and feelings as well...which did not relate to Siobhan at all. Rage that burnt with scalding heat at a woman called Madeline Kahoshi. She saw Mirien being cast out of Atrisia, helped to do anything to stop the Purge.

But there was more, again and again a single flashed into her mind: Inquisition! Mirien in leather Grand Inquisitor robes, passing cruel judgement on 'heretics', 'rogue forcers' and enemies of the state, ruling her Inquisition with an iron fist, unyielding like a marble statue. For a moment the cold, lifeless features of Moira Skaldi flashed through her mind as well. Siobhan felt...she was not really sure what she was feeling. Revulsion, a sense of betrayal, anger...compassion. The shame and guilt Mirien was feeling? She could not tell where one ended and the other began...

Mirien had already withdrawn from the depths of her mind, clearly a little out of it after she had delivered such an onslaught of knowledge and feelings. Siobhan felt dizzy and like her head was about to split, a painful headache announcing itself. Her vision grew hazy as it went dark around her eyes then slumped over the bed, drifting into unconsciousness for the moment.

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One

The Force being one of the areas of experience Tegaea did not have any real knowledge of, she just watched, first anxiously, then as the process dragged on she tried to maintain attention.

Finally though, it seemed like the great knowledge transfer had finished, and first Mirien spoke, then both rested on the bed. Tegaea came forward and caught Mirien and laid her gently on the bed and settled Siobhan more comfortable.

Neither seemed in great distress, so she checked pulse and breathing and concluded they were just tired. She’d let them rest and not worry the doctors.

Mirien took a deep breath, thankful for Tegaea's help. Dizziness still consumed the young woman as Tegs helped her back onto the bed. Slowly she rubbed at her forehead, closing her eyes. "Thank you." She managed softly before laying back to try and rest just a little bit. Very carefully she turned to look at Siobhan, wondering what the woman would think when she woke.

"I worry..." Mirien sighed, "That she's going to be angry..." But that was far from her only concern. "That she may hate me." She debated for a moment, to tell Tegaea the full of it then and there. "It's the past though, I'm not that person anymore. I won't ever be." Closing her eyes once more, Miri did the best she could to relax and remain calm. After all, freaking out about it now, would do her no good.

Funny how she'd left behind two particularly cruel lives behind, one as a Sith, and one as something more dangerous. Though the Sith part of things, Mirien couldn't remember, couldn't recall. And here she stood, with a brand new life, and was slipping into being a new person completely. A woman she could be happy with, and right now it all hung in the balance. In the hands of a woman, who was now resting peacefully in the bed, and all Mirien could do for now was rest, rest and hope that when Siobhan woke, all would be well.

Through all this Siobhan slept, clearly exhausted after the mental onslaught of memories, images and feelings. All these coursed through her troubled mind. So much information too absorb, revelations that shook her to the core. Again and again images of Mirien flashed through her mind. This writer is at present not in a position to determine how much Siobhan saw, partly since that it is probably Mirien's writer's prerogative, but suffice to say it had plenty of juicy things.

Time could only tell how much influence this might have on Siobhan. After all, she did not merely see Mirien act as an Inquisitor, in other words absorb a stream of images as if one were watching a holovid, but she felt as if she were herself were the one acting as Mirien. She saw the things the former Inquisitor saw, felt as she did. Felt is viscerally. Such was the flood emotions that it was almost impossible for her to distinguish between those that were truly hers and those that had just been transmitted.

Finally, at long last, she was roused from her slumber. She yawned slightly as she did, rubbing the sleep from her organic eye as her vision cleared and she regained her bearings. "I'm...alright," those were the first words she spoke, directed at Tegaea to reassure her. "I remember everything...about you. Our time together," those words were meant for Mirien as she glanced over to her. Her tone was fond but then became more serious. "And what you kept from us...Inquisition."

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One

"If you told her this before, she's not likely to hate you. Besides, she'd remember your more...personal...encounters together. She's not going to hate anyone she's had such fun with!"

And then Siobhan woke up. Tegaea, despite her optimistic words, internally braced. Her wife could be volatile at times.
"Inquisition?" Tegaea echoed. She was clearly the third wheel in this discussion, but she was here to be the coolant rod in the nuclear furnace.

Seven words. Seven simple words directed at her. That was all it took to get Mirien from groggy, tired, and exhausted, to out of bed and ready to flee, lest she be killed. This one secret, she feared coming out more than anything else in the galaxy. Feared the reaction of, and most certainly still was torn apart over her actions.

Even though the brunette was still oh so dizzy, that didn't stop her from getting off the bed. That simple action as she put a little distance between the two of them, she soon regretted, clinging to the wall as she tried her best just to stay standing. "I .. I..." Mirien bit at her lip, hard, as she tried to find the words, to make it better, but none really existed to do so. "I'd say I'm sorry, but those words cannot ever express how deeply terrible I feel about that."

Slowly she let herself slide to the floor, her head hidden in her palms. As much as she wanted to run, the job wasn't done. With a heavy sigh, she looked up to Tegaea to explain, so she wasn't left out of this conversation. "Inquisition is.. was... a secret force group on Atrisia." Leaning forward, resting her elbows on her knees, Mirien slowly rubbed at her forehead. "I led it for some years. It focused on policing all force users within Atrisian space, as well as those threats from outside that territory, Sith, Jedi, other powerful force users." This she didn't want to say, but Siobhan already knew it. "Siobhan was on the watch list. Hell, I've a dossier on her a mile long." Probably wasn't going to help her but Mirien was in full disclosure mode.

"It was a job. Just a job. But it doesn't excuse torturing and killing of other force users." Mirien was close to the edge of tears. "It wasn't a choice. It never was. The only option was to work for them or die. Then everything in my life became a matter of survival." At least that is what she told herself at night to allow her to sleep. "A method to protect myself from enemies along the way. And believe me I made many. For the star's sake, they had a kill switch implanted in me, what was I supposed to do? Lay down and die? Accept the certain execution that was offered if I said no to them, and die never knowing my own name? I couldn't accept that. I just couldn't."

Mirien threw her head back against the wall, staring at the ceiling. "I'm not that person. She was who I had to be, and she is dead. Long dead." Closing her eyes she sighed a final time, "I can never be her again. I won't do it. I won't allow it. Never. Every last action of that woman, I'm ashamed of. I deeply regret. And there is nothing in this galaxy that I can do to make up for those actions. I've got to live with that for the rest of my days."

The brunette, leaned forward again resting her head on her knees. "Look, I should have told you, both of you. But I couldn't bear the shame, and admittedly I was terrified." Probably rightly so. "After today, if you want me gone, I'll go. I'll leave. I understand, truly. But pardon my saying this, I in no way will I just karking leave until I have done what I said I would. I have a duty to you both. I gave my word, and I am not about to start breaking it."

[member="Mirien Valdier"], [member="Tegaea Alcori"]

"Why does everyone think I'll randomly fly off the handle and commit homicide?" Siobhan exclaimed with an air of expaseration. Not like there was anyone in Firemane who could stop her if she did - well, this writer thinks Cory smash could be a problem! - , but still it was the principle of the thing.

She left the presumably rhetorical question hang as she took a deep breath and rubbed across her forehead. It seemed that she was suffering from one hell of a headache, which was probably not much of a surprise after having apparently received ten years of information on events, feelings and emotions. While her mind was still struggling to keep her own memories in order and keep herself from forgetting even more. All of this made for a very confused mess though she tried to keep up and listen as Mirien spoke. Whether this had been intentional on the former Grand Inquisitor's part was another question, but on first sight it seemed that she knew near everything about her since she had joined the Atrisian Empire.

However, having received a massive stream of information and being able to analyse and filter through it were two different things. Especially when it came to isolating specific memories from the mass and working through them individually. What appeared in her mind were flashes of the past, then streams of feelings that accompanied them. It would take time, peace and quiet for her to be able to fully absorb what she had been granted by Mirien.

"I see," she said blandly, her voice having taken on a rather chilly quality, eyes narrowing slightly. She had seen enough of the bad things Mirien had done. Murder, torture, execution. One might also add that presumably she would have knowledge of the two times the Atrisian Empire had conspirated with other nations to invade the Protectorate, though neither plot had come to anything and in any case Siobhan did not care about the new Protectorate anymore. Her jaw still tightened at the knowledge. In a way the Inquisition had been meaner than the Sith. However, she had not been with the Sith and it's not like Siobhan was not a fairly ruthless person herself.

Finally she took a deep breath. "She's speaking the truth. I know she is," those few simple words probably meant a good deal more than might be apparent on first sight. She rubbed her head slightly, apparently the annoying headache did not want to die down. Did this Galaxy have an equivalent to aspirine? One would think so, but so much about the technology in this universe is weird, schizo tech. "About the Inquisition, kill switch, her guilt and all that. Mirien, I....I don't want you to go."

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]
Because you almost did on Naboo....
Tegaea's mind treacherously thought that before she could stop it. She involuntarily shook her head to clear the thought. That was a long time ago.

She looked between them. Being part of the Inquisition was a terrible thing of course, though less so for Tegaea since she was by nature largely immune to their targeting. It all came down to Siobhan.
"If my wife believes you, I believe you. She's seen your mind and can tell, I guess. We all deserve a second chance, and neither Siobhan or myself are guilt free over the years. If you're genuinely working for redemption, you have it from us."

Tegaea herself had guilt of her own, buried deep down, not just from the disturbing vision of the future she'd once seen, but from the fate of her family and other things she didn't even want to think about.

Mirien was in tears, slumped on the floor, listening only as she had yet to lift her head and face the proverbial music. Even the words spoken, brought her little relief. The past was something she was going to have to contend with, deal with, and some day come to terms with the woman she was. For now, there was someone who needed her.

Nervously she bit at her lip, to the point of drawing blood. "I don't want to go." She said softly, still not looking up. "But what right do I have to stay?" Mir certainly didn't feel she had any right at all to be here, to have the chance she'd been offered.

The brunette sighed most heavily, and looked up, first to Tegaea. "I don't know if there is a such thing as redemption for the crimes I've committed." She shrugged her shoulders heavily, feeling the most broken she ever had, since she had woken without her memories. "I can try though. Try to put that part of my life behind me."

Then to Siobhan, once more she sighed, "That life, is in the past. At least that is what I'm trying to do. It's a lot, a lot to try and change, to let go of. But I have to, elsewise I've got no chance at all."

Mirien slowly, carefully stood from the floor, and found her way to a nearby chair where she flopped down in to try and rest with a little distance between herself and Siobhan. "I need a little time, before I can even attempt to repair your memories, that is if you trust me enough to do so."

Glancing back to Tegaea, she spoke a final time, "I can step out, if you both wish, talk about it. I don't want to intrude."

[member="Tegaea Alcori"], [member="Mirien Valdier"]

Siobhan had zero aptitude for telepathy and thus would be incapable of picking up what for thoughts were running through Tegaea's mind. This writer does not think they're treacherous at all. However, she noticed the shake of her head. Perhaps the fact that Siobhan, even without mind reading, had an idea of what her wife had been thinking was indicative of their bond. Or just of the guilt she herself was still feeling after almost a decade.

She winced slightly, her lips trembling a bit. The look she gave her wife could be translated as 'I'm sorry. I'll never stop feeling sorry!' That said, it was pretty naive to think that Tegaea would have been immune to Inquisition targeting. After all, she was freely consorting and even married to an uncontrolled force-user.

It was then that she turned her focus back to Mirien, who seemed to be withdrawing in herself and putting distance between them. Redemption was something Siobhan did not believe in. She sighed slightly, her chest heaving at the intake of breath. If the discussion at hand was not so serious that might have provided a nice view. "I'd like you to stay, Mirien. And...I trust you. It's a fething mess in my hand and I guess it's gonna take time to figure out the flood of memories you sent me...but..," at that she got up and rose to her feet, still feeling rather wobbly on her legs as she walked over to the brunette, and gave her a hug.

"You were willing to risk everything to give me a shot at getting my mind back. That's enough for me." With that she planted a chaste kiss on her forehead. Aww, wasn't she being sweet? Well, that was one way of looking at it.

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One

Tegaea beamed with just a little relief. The threat of sudden, righteous violence had passed, it seemed. She let out a breath she hadn’t known she’d been holding.
“Thank you both, I’m glad you could work this out,” she said in a motherly tone of voice.

“So what’s the next step, Miri? When you’re recovered you try and unpack Siobhan’s memories?”

Mirien sighed heavily not looking up at Siobhan yet. Only when the woman rose from the bed did she lift her head to see her. As Sio drew her into a warm embrace, Miri finally relaxed a little bit and wrapped her arms around the woman. "Of course I'd risk it all. The things in life that are worth it, are seldom free. If it cost me everything to give you your mind back, then so be it. It'd have been worth that price. I'm just glad that is a price I don't have to pay. I rather like it here with you both." The former Inquisitor sighed again, "As I said before, you gave me the second chance that no one else would. Gave me my life back. And, I can't help but wonder how things would have been for me, when I sat in your shoes almost a decade ago, what would have happened had someone been able to offer me the same." Though, a part of her suspected she'd have been executed, with no other options. "I just ... couldn't leave you like this. I can't. Not without trying what I know I can do."

With the smallest traces of a smile forming, a bit of relief crossing her features as she glanced to Tegs. "Yes, that'd be the next step, as soon as my head stops pounding and I can walk a straight line, it'll be a simple, though difficult matter to piece back together her memories. If all goes well, and I hope it does, she should gain quite a bit of her life back that was lost."

[member="Tegaea Alcori"], [member="Mirien Valdier"]

For her part Siobhan found Tegaea's 'motherly tone of voice' annoying and this showed in her expression. She was not a child after all! Well, she probably was since otherwise such a thought would not feel the need to course through her mind in the first place.

"You have a new life now, Mirien. You've been honest, that's all we can ask for. And we're not just casting you out." Siobhan happened to be the possessive sort after all! She did not let 'her' girls go easily. She gave Mirien a soft kiss on the cheek as she held her in a warm embrace, then withdrew and released the former Inquisitor-in-Chief.

Then she sat back down on the edge of the bed. Clearly she was still feeling a bit tired from the mental onslaught and rather wobbly on her legs. Well, that and she was feeling a bit hungry. One wondered when Siobhan would remember that Mirien and a psychotic blonde were planning to assassinate the Atrisian Empress. Presumably it would take a while before she had fully absorbed the flood of memories and properly sorted them out. After all, she had just been ten years of events and feelings. Not something that could be assimilated in a couple of minutes.

"Whenever you're ready, Mirien, we can start. Thanks for your efforts. I appreciate it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom