Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Shadows of the Past

wb1.png

TAGS:
Jael Briskwinter Jael Briskwinter

mattboarder.png
As the Seneschal of the Sunstar Order, Matthew found himself contemplating the formidable task of approaching Jael Briskwinter, the retired Twilight Vanguard. He was acutely aware of Jael's immense experience and unique skillset, which made him an invaluable potential addition to his team for the upcoming sabbatical mission beyond Centerra. However, a lingering sense of apprehension clouded Matthew's thoughts, for he knew that rekindling the flame of duty in Jael's heart might impose a burden upon the weary warrior.

Deep in thought, Matthew reflected upon Jael's legendary reputation and the weight of his past achievements. Jael had weathered immense challenges, even amidst the devastating loss of his Constellation. Retirement had offered Jael respite from the demands of the Order, allowing him to seek solace and find inner peace amidst the serenity of the Centerra wilderness.

Yet, the pressing need for seasoned warriors like Jael to rise once more compelled Matthew to take this bold step. Uncertainty lingered as he approached Jael's homestead, curiosity and caution guiding his every movement. Adjusting his hair and straightening his robes with a conscious touch, Matthew approached the main entrance and gently knocked, fully aware that the fate of their future collaboration hinged upon the choices that lay before them.
sunstara.png

Matthew of Valendale Matthew of Valendale
Jael had spent nearly fifty years building and maintaining the homestead. A humble log cabin. Sure with modern technology he could have constructed a more comfortable or fancy living place to retire to, but there was a certain sense of peace to having done it all with his own two hands.
A sense of peace Jael treasured greatly.

Jael had developed a routine. Routines were important for keeping one’s mental health in check. He had started his day with chopping fire wood. Something he did everyday. Sure could have invested in an electric or chemical heating/cooking solution, but that would have required he travel to a nearby town to stock up. Instead, the homestead was completely self sufficient. Off the grid. Old school.
Once the firewood was chopped and prepared, he would go out hunting.

Dressed in long clothes with a hooded cloak to protect himself from the sun, Jael would venture off into the woods with a bow and arrow. Jael still needed to eat after all.
It was lucky, Jael thought, that the Order gave him this large plot of land. It had enough game animals to keep him fed and was far enough from anywhere to be nearly considered to be in the middle of nowhere. Jael figured it was a reward for his service, and didn’t once think that it was so the Order knew exactly where to look for him should they ever need his help again.

Jael was just returning from a hunt, with what could be described as a deer slung over one shoulder and his bow in the other hand. He had thought the animals seemed a bit more skittish today. When he saw a figure standing at his front door, he knew why. A frown formed on his face. He didn’t get visitors. By design. Jael enjoyed being on his own. Those that worked with him tended to get hurt, so he had resigned himself to a solitary lifestyle.

The hermit recognised the robes his visitor was wearing. He approached, slowly. Leaving the tree line, entering the clearing where his humble cottage stood. “Private property.” Jael said in a stern tone.

Matthew glanced over at the man, observing his weary appearance and the game he carried. He recognized the sternness in Jael's tone but maintained his composure. "I apologize for the intrusion, Jael Briskwinter, I have been looking for you sir. My name is Matthew, I am servicing as the Seneschal of the Sunstar Order," he introduced himself, his voice calm and respectful.

Matthew's eyes sparked with a semblance of empathy as he noticed Jael's frown. He could sense the hermit's preference for solitude and understood his desire to live a solitary lifestyle. Taking a step closer, Matthew spoke in a gentle tone, "I can see that you value your privacy, and I assure you, I mean no disrespect. I come here not as an unwelcome visitor, but as someone who seeks your assistance."

He glanced at the game Jael carried and offered, "Would you like some help with that?."

Matthew paused for a moment, giving Jael a chance to respond. He then continued, "You see, Jael, I am here because I believe that your experience and unique skillset would be a tremendous asset to the Sunstar Order once again. We are embarking on a sabbatical mission, venturing beyond Centerra, and I can't help but think that your strength, wisdom, and commitment would be invaluable to our team."

He met Jael's gaze, his eyes reflecting sincerity. "I understand if you have retired for your own reasons, and I respect that. But I ask you to consider this request not as a burden, but as an opportunity to make a difference once again. The Order needs individuals like you who have faced great challenges and persevered. "

Matthew fell silent, waiting for Jael's response, fully aware of the significance of the decision that lay in Jael's hands.
sunstara.png

His own reasons.
To say he had his own reasons seemed like an understatement to Jael. His reasons were to protect the Order. He knew things that could destabilise nations on Centerra. The Twilight Vanguard’s reach was far and deep.

Jael dumped the game rather unceremoniously on the ground. He knew this day would come. Although, to be honest, he half expected a squad of Twilight Vanguard soldiers to come silence him, to keep the secrets of the Order. Though that didn’t mean he was happy about the intrusion. “I’ve paid me service to the Order.” He said in a calm voice as he careful approached. “I’ve given my all to Order and they still continue to ask for more.” He strode confidently right up to Matthew of Valendale Matthew of Valendale . “So…” Jael reached past the boy and opened the door to his cabin. “Step inside and tell me what more the Order wants with me.”

"I appreciate the invitation, Jael," Matthew replied with a nod. "I have been given the opportunity to lead an outreach mission beyond Centerra, to explore and expand our knowledge of the wider universe. As the Seneschal of the Sunstar Order, I have been entrusted with assembling a team of individuals who possess unique skills and experiences. And based on what I know of your background and capabilities, I believe you would be a valuable addition to this team."

Matthew's voice showed genuine respect and appreciation for Jael's abilities. He continued, "Your expertise and perspective as an individual who has faced adversity, can bring a diverse range of skills and insights to the table."

He paused for a moment, allowing Jael to absorb his words. "This endeavor is not a demand or an obligation, Jael. It is an opportunity for you to be part of something greater, to contribute your knowledge and talents on a new path. An opportunity for growth and purpose. "

Matthew's gaze met Jael's, conveying his sincerity and genuine belief in Jael's abilities. "Joining this team is a choice that only you can make, Jael. I'm here to answer any questions you may have, I would be very honored if you would consider joining me."
sunstara.png

Matthew of Valendale Matthew of Valendale
Jael entered his cottage and took a seat on a handmade chair at small table. Oddly enough, all the furniture was set up for one person who wasn’t expecting guests. As such there was only the one seat, in which Jael had seated himself. Sure it was a little rude, and some might say petty, but Jael felt it was justified.

“You know my saber is a museum piece now.” Sure it was true. In the halls of the temple, there was a small shrine dedicated to the Solar Knight who lost their constellation. However, public knowledge was that the knight died. The Twilight Vanguard faking Jael’s death. Giving him a hero’s send off. The saber that was on display was the original casing that Jael had used, but the Twilight Vanguard had the crystal locked away in a vault. “I don’t ever intend on using it again.”

Matthew listened attentively as Jael spoke, acknowledging the weight of the past that Jael carried with him. He could empathize with the pain and trauma that came with the loss of one's Constellation. While Matthew respected Jael's decision to no longer wield his saber, he saw the potential for Jael to channel his experience and expertise in a different manner.

Matthew didn't seem to mind standing, but he did clasp his hands together and tuck his wings even closer feeling awkward and clumsy hoping not to accidentally bump in to anything in this humble abode.

"I understand your feelings about your saber,"
Matthew replied, his tone sympathetic. "The weight of the past can be burdensome, and the wounds it leaves may never fully heal. But consider this, Jael: the Sunstar Order seeks not just warriors, but also mentors, guardians, and guides. Your wisdom and knowledge can help shape the future generations of Solar Knights, passing down your legacy and ensuring the preservation of the Order's principles. You do not need to take up a blade to be of use or assiatance. "

He leaned forward, his eyes earnest. "Your contribution can take on new forms, beyond the battles you once fought. The sabbatical mission I speak of seeks to explore uncharted territories, learn from different cultures, and understand the mysteries of the universe. Your experience and insight could prove invaluable in navigating the uncharted waters ahead."

Matthew paused, allowing his words to sink in. "You have the opportunity to leave a lasting impact, Jael. Your choices now can shape the path you wish to walk, and it doesn't have to be a return to the past. It can be a journey of healing, growth, and renewal, both for yourself and for those who come after you, that may walk a simular path in your foot steps..."

He extended his hand across the table, "Will you take this step with me, Jael?"
sunstara.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom