Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dev Shadows of Atrisia

Development on Factory, Codex, etc. roleplay.
He gave her a nod. "It is not a someone... it is a queen or at least what we can tell is the closest thing... the visuals we hav had of it says humanoid looking but with claws and fangs...pale skin and inhuman like strength. They feast upon the intelligence and brains of victims and then seem to get strong and smarter themselves while being better able to control the Ixxon." Now Junko was starting to understand kind of it wasn't exactly like there was a manual but this was something they had known about and were able to keep contained.Assuming it stayed up here and didn't spread south well it would be harder to send things in the past... they would have been seen as a low priority compared to what she was trying to do.

"Well then I think it might be good I came when I did. I want to try and help out with problems from the great to the small if that is possible and this sounds like something that could use my attention." She got a smile from the lord and entering his main chamber it was warm and confortable while walking down the length of it all. Guards were there and she clasped her hands behind her back while walking down the pathway towards the dais which he offered for her to sit upon. Junko took the seat and remained there looking at him before she motioned for another seat to be brought in for him. "Please we have much to discuss about this queen of the wastes so that I can at least try to understand who or what she is."

He seemed to be looking at her and gave a nod of his head to that... she doubted he cared... they had faced this thing and she was comoing in wanting to understand something that they knew... it was not something she could argue as if someone came to her and wanted information she has given a thousand times she might start to be bored with it as well. Sitting there where she was checking around the room she was in. There were status and guards but they were adorned in so much splendor she questioned the practicality of the armor... some of the females she could see wore necklaces that seemed to be as large as they were and in abundance weighing them down as they were all needing to sit. Rings, bracelets, anklets and headdresses.

"I am curious though... your court, your ladies, your guards and yourself are so.... adorned with jewels it doesn't seem practical." She said it while looking at him and waiting to hear about it. She wanted to try and see before moving in the seat. Some robes had been brought to her so she could be comfortable and they were trimmed with golden thread and encrusted with diamon lapels to tighten the sleeves and hold it closed. The silk sash was just as much before they were moving through with her handmaidens finding places around her and Junko held out a hand for Kanna who came over and stayed there at her side. "We like looking our best and the mines here in the mountains themselves are generous to us."

She nodded in agreement.. they had been overly generous towards the royal families as well it was well known that gifts and tribute from the north was usually so many cases of jewels and precious stones the treasury would rarely ever run dry. She knew some fo the females from the lords court were also highly regarded... athletic and small of waist. She could see them now as two were outside the window in one of the smaller courtyards. Long legs, longer hair, muscled frames and dainty features but they were not delicate.. they were regarded as some of the fiercest fighters who knew how to use everything and anything around them. Here in the north she knew that there was not as many resources or areas so they made due and used everything.

It was also as she saw one of the most loyal of houses.... they were protective and strong while maybe being one fo the smaller houses. Junko looked at him though and smiled. "The mines have been and you have still barely touched them from what I have seen... I imagine tens of thousands of more years with just this one alone and there is still an entire mountain range." She said it and got some nods of approval while standing up and walking over to him. "Though it does make me curious about a few things... the north has always been so... well reclusive and hard to reach, now it is easier but sadly you do not choose to come to court as often.. we have your emissary of course but I like to be able to meet with and discuss important matters with each of the lords."

"I can understand that but before it just wasn't our place... as much as one can endeavor the affairs of the southern lords were never of interest. They sought our resources... our gemstones but aside from thinking most mere legends we have continued to make up." He said it but Junko had risen up fromt he seat and was looking at him with a hand. "It is alright, I understand... the sentiment to that... I don't always want to have to put up with some of the lords and ladies of the court who think thee jedi are just fanciful things. That we can do parlor tricks." She sneered a little at that and some were like that...others respected the jedi and what they had brought to the galaxy even though it seemed they rarely were... welcomed or on the same path as they had once been.

Juko was looking at him as others came into the main chamber and she raised an eyebrow. "My Lord it is ready." The two ofthem spoke and she could tell that they were servants but were just as well cared for as any of the ladies who were here. Remarkable compared to others but the lord was ushering her towards the gardens in another area and several stood around. Junko was looking at them, highly athletic, with tattoos across their skin in various colors and symbols. To denote rank maybe... no she was looking at them and it looked more like skill as she could see some of the older ones with different colors and the ages went by for the younger ones. She clasped her hand sin front of her while awaiting the lords explanation of what was happening.

She was given another seat for the show, their version of games best played to display their resolve. The most atheltic preforming tricks before they moved to combat... swords and bows weren't practical but she had to admit watching the one girl able to fire a bow with her feet as she was balancing on her hands was quite impressive as a display. Junko applauded the achievements as it came time for the final portion of it. Taking in the sights of the two well she could see why they were considered the finest warriors in the North. "My daughter." The lord spoke with pride as he stood there and the one stepped forward for Junko to see her. The armor she was wearing was form fitted and light but made so someone could move in it.

She was younger the Junko but solid of frame, her muscles ripped and cut with scars where the jedi princess could see blades had met her pale skin. Long black hair in braids and bound into a single one down her back. Jeweled girdle and modest footing and hand wear. The rings around her fingers and toes leading to bracelets and anklets with small chains that made it at least seem more like foot and hand wear. Her eyes looked towards Junko and she bowed deeply holding a katana in her hands. One of the rare ones she had seen of the fighters here who favored duel jar'kai blades. "And what is her name?" She got a look like i hadn't occured to them and the girl spoke with a smile. "Jubei Thalac princess."

"Jubei..." She had a looked on face, raised eyebrows and there was something there. Sh knew the others with a small grin appearing on her face. "A lovely name and tell me Jubei when were you going to come and be a part of the royal guard. Such skill and prowess from all of you but you have the look of guile and wits about you." She said it and then looked at the others who were there with her and who were around. "It is not an insult all of you are great but a compliment to the one who is coming before me." She got some looks and nods of understanding but sat back as the girl spoke with a smile on her face and pushed her hair out of her face prepared for anything that might be able to happen.

"It is quite alright princess and we have come here to better show you the skills of the north. This is my sister in the guard here Tripitaka." A name that Junko knew well in some ways.. an old name of an older demi-god... someone that wasn't mentioned often enough for good reason. That brought Junkos interest forward and she leaned in a little towards them with a raised eyebrow. "Oh such a name, the mountain god of the frigid north... the cold one, the uncaring... your parents either disliked you greatly or had ideas about what you might become. So tell me, what it is that I shall be seeing. I do so want to compare the skills of the southern and central Atrisians." She wanted to see the skill and one fo the best methods she knew was to play to a sense of pride.

The two nodded and Junko sat back as the moved, slowly at first but she could feel the energies building up around them. Snow and ice shifting as the force shifted around them and it was a mixture of dance and fight. She could admit they were far more graceful but it was a show... highly impractical and relying on flourishes and a kata. Great for practice or displays like this but in the chaos that was an actual fight where anything could happen. Still seeing this compared to the raw power and physicality of her Onnibu-gheisha or the more fluid dance of the southern isles. The northern fighters she could see weaving and sending ice or water across the battlefield and into the enemies to drown them and bury them under the snow.

She stayed there as they were moving and finished up... applauding first after a moment and she was impressed when they came to stand in front of her. Tripitaka with her ivory hair to match the ebony of Jubei.... her skin was darker as well being dusky with the gleam of sweat as she wore a jeweled girdle and the same bracelet and anklet with chains on the rings. Junko did have to raise an eyebrow as she sat back and held a hand out for the two of them to come and join her. They knelt and kissed the small rings on her fingers for a moment looking up at her as the jedi princess spoke. "Impressive... most impressive. That was truly beautiful display of your athletic skills and ability to use the force."

Junko rose up with the two of them and spoke. "Now come and show me around. I am certain your father has affairs of state he must take care of and I want to have a tour from a different perspective." A look on her face of amusement as the others of her handmaidens were coming and Tripitaka spoke. "I should return to the barracks." Junko held a hand to stop her and touched her shoulder lightly. "No Tripitaka... stay with us and give me your perspective as well please." A smile on her face while she was going and with the two of them the small band walked through the fortress looking over the mountains to he ocean within the mountains. Massive ad black waters that swirled as she could smell the salt air and see the ships within.

"The waters do not freeze?" There was a look on her face and Jubei spoke offering a smile. "It is the pumps, they churn the water so it doesn't have time to settle and freeze. The hidden sea also allows for warmer waters to be mixed in." She said it and was pointing across the way towards the center where Junko knew from stories the mountain range was but it couldn't be seen... this was an ocean after all and brought them quite a massive place to explore. "Is there anything in th ocean itself or is it just rock and cracks that lead to the hidden sea?" She was curious to try and see it but if there were ruins, or ships or anything down below them. "There are some older things, we have seen some crashed ships andruins but exploring has not been the priorit for worry of damaging the pumps."

That she could understand, it was ancient technology that was still working to this day and had been engineered from some of the strangest technology they had encountered. The same type from other places across the galaxy like with the Kooroo which had even indicated they had merely discovered it and learned how to use it. She nodded more to Tripitaka with a smile though on her face as she stood over near a railing as the smell of salt water came and a chill splashed mist across her face. "Oh this is amazing, the air, the mist and what we have been working on. I would love if you could show me more, I have never gotten to sea the mines here only the ones under the White Pearl from my family home."

"Those I have heard the legend are much the same, deeper and deeper laden with riches that few could ever dream about as well as star metal that is able to be used and produced. We haven't found heavy veins like that here just crystals that can be polished for lightsabers and any number of aurodium deposits that have helped make the world rich." There was a smile on her face and Jubei's as well when the group moved down some of the stairs to the opposite side of the mountain and there was a pathway leading to a tower. "This is one of the more exclusive rooms, my father had it built for guests who wanted privacy but also to be able to see the oceans when the waves are still and calm."

Junko was looking at it as she walked and headed inside. THe sounds of waves crashing against the stone came in with a muffled sound. It was almost soothing as she could see the parts of it and the interlocking stone was reinforced with metal now. Where she touched it the stone was polished stone that she couldn't find the seams. "Most impressive." She had to think about it and moved to look at them where she was checking out more of it and in the distance she could see some of the massive ships that had been built. A galleon of a ship that was being crewed by even more the the airships.... it was even more beautiful before Junko found a place to sit down and check it all out. Her handmaidens were around the room and finding places with additional bedding.

"So the two of you, after we eat, or you show me around some more... What is there to do here for fun?" She asked it and was looking around at the two then the others and there wouldd have to be something for all of them to do. She knew there was a whoel lot of history that was here and even more further down below. In the ancient and hidden city that had been recovered which was the next stop... that they had come on a skiff ansthe airship was being brought only served her needs. There were others parts of it... Junko wouldn't lie she had rather been enjoying this whole notion of going around and collecting the most beautiful and exquisite from the different lords... She was a jedi but that meant something very different in this day and age.

"Oh princess we have a whole lot here... some of the miners and scouts have been working on a surprise as it were... well maybe but not really. They have been exploring the caves that formed naturally and go deeper and deeper into the planet. We have found old legends from some of the oldest ruins and stories about hollow pockets of the world that could be explored and connected to. My father thought why not try and see if we could prove it and a chance to mine deeper and deeper possibly finding something or new rich ore that has not been touched and cann continue to make our family wealthy.... not a match for the Ikes but being in the north we can trade riches for proper food and what we might not be able to grow or raise on our own."

That got a look from Junko and she went to a desk with some of the books on it. "Well. I shall await you with bated breath to return with news of food or anything. I would like to read little and adjust to being here where it always seems to be light except when snowclouds come overhead to block it out." There was a smile on her face when she took one of the books opening it up from the beginning and looking at the inserts about what it spoke of. Older stories that had been collected from ruins and some of the first civilizations that had been in the north. Tunnels of older mines that had been discovered, ruins far far below anything that had mined to and working with Ezogashima they had found far more.

Hmm the news well it was certainly what she wanted to know and now she would have to try and do the hard part... either go with some that she trusted and could handle themselves or go and explore with a full part and while they were all capable... Junko wasn't going to deny it would take some more weffort if all ten or so of them went down into the mines. "Well then I think we are going to need some equipment... and then you can show me and mines..I want to see this and if your father won't mind... we'll make this something of dinner and we'll go around within the mines themselves." Junko had a grin on her face though while she was looking at the book and deeper and deeper she looked itno it and the older histories of the North.

"So what have you found my princess?" Phaidor came over and sat down next to her on the seat with a smile on her face. Where she could look over at the bookk but mostly just sat on the desk that Junko was sitting at."I found something maybe... I want to head down into the mines. We have all of our equipment and we can search it plenty now.... the real question will be what we might find down there if we go deep enough. The mines at Ezogashima since it is alread far down." That got some looks from the others and she raised an eyebrow with a smile on her face. "Now I can't demand you all go down there with me but I would love it if you were to come... each of you have skills that could be used."

She got some looks from the others inthe room... each of them stood up and crossed their arms to look at her. A multicolored harem if anything of different handmaidens as their skin and hair was beautiful in the light. "Oh princess, if you think we are going to let you go off by yourself or just with someone then you got another thing coming. We are pretty much in agreement that you are one for us to follow." There were smiles playing across their faces and Junhko smiled herself though and leaned back with one fo the books and opened it to reveal a map. "Well fine then if we are going to do this as a group then I want us to be ready... all of us need to be able to move, climb and be safe underground where anything can happen."

Well she would have to do that and with everything they were preparing the next several days. The lord was happy to host them, her handmaidens getting equipment as their ship came in with fresh supplies where they could use in searching the mines and she didn't know what they mgiht be abel to find but the biots who were brought were some fo the newer models and they could get some camps if they needed to with blinds and defensive perimeter fencing that would work. Junko had been loaded up with supplies for the mine as she was heading towards the womans apartments knocking on the door or tryingto as it opened and Jubei was standing there looking at her while her dark eyes took in the sight of the princess.

Junko was surprised for a moment as the girl looked at her a smile on her face and she had changed a little. Cutting her hair shorter and wearing one of the fur lined undersuits that the northerners had made. Junko had tried t and it kept you warm but she thought it was scratchy. Jubei was standing there though and her smile seemed larger as she moved forward. One hand wrapping around Junkos shoulder and pulling her in close in as the princess didn't stiffen she just moved and slid herself against the wall. A smile playing across her lips. "Well it is nice to know I wasn't the only one thinking along these lines." There was a laugh and she could feel the short hair of the girl. "You like it, I didn't want to snag it on anything."

"I think I may love it." An expedition like this would take time to organize.... mostly thankfully Juko was prepared for many things and they had worked to minimize what was happening or what would be needed. Each of them loaded up ith one of the shifting bags which would reduce the amout of space needed while giving them nearly unlimited storage space for supplies. Pocket generators for additional space and everything like mini sentry turrets that would allow them to have a defended camp what they finally did move in. The other piece was water and hydration which the canteens were thankfully able to handle since they produced their own water and moisture then harvested it. Survival packs and high grade rations easily able to sustain the group for a month with one pack and they had at least enough for twenty years.

"Are you sure you want to do this princess?" The lord asked as they had come onto the lading pad. Junko looked at him when they were all getting on the airship and they would be down deeper then most went as she shook her head. "Yes I am certain, just wait for us and I promise to protect your daughter." That got a smile but he wasn't worried about harm coming to them... he seemed more concerned with it being boring or something that wouldn't hold their interest, She understood and they were heading now as his daughter came to join her and held a datapad with a look at her father. "It is okay daddy, we'll go and explore and come back. You can make it without me or Tripitaka for the time." She had a smile and moved to hug him goodbye.

The goodbyes were something important at least and Junko had moved off toher small cabin on the airship as it was taking off. The crew were yovshin who had been brought up and would serve to escort them down... Her personal guards hanging around with all of them and she stretched out in the one seat like a lazy cat as her hound like thing was here and her tiger. "Sabatala" she said it and the Atrisian tiger flicked its tails but was relaxing lazily at her feet with the pony sized beast. Both were useful and one of the things they had gotten for thm were plenty of food to go along. They could climb the rocks just as well as anythingg and she knew could fit in some of the smaller crevices compared to anyone else.

Just looking at the two of them though did give her some hope and ideas. She was looking out as they traveled across the sea and could see so much of it. The black waters that were filled with mostly rock and minerals, gemstones and everything that had come up to the surface when whatever it was impacted that cause the hidden sea to be created and from whoever created the pumps. They knew there was a lot in terms of riches and precious metals but every part of it and the cavern below had been designed and engineered one could say to have been manufactured even. She knew what it was but few stayed here to study it except a few that liked the isolation and were a little quirky she had met a few of them but they were in the south not the north a whole different breed.

"Koihime is our contact.." jubei spoke as she laid there sensing from the feeling of it in the force what Junko was thinking about. "She has been studying the cavern ad pumps as well as some of the deeper mines. She sent a dispatch that she had managed to find something but didn't say what it was." Junko turned to look at her and smiled at her. "You are better at reading my mind then I thought there aren't many with the skill in the force like that." She got a shrug but was taking it in stride walking over to her and laying behind as one hand slipped pulling a strawberry. "Oh a tough interrogation i see well I know how to loosen tongues." That got a laugh from both of them as they were still heading across the ocean.

Jubei turned back to look at her and ate one of the berries with a playful moment as oe of the crew came in. "Princess we are approaching the pathway." Junko raised an eyebrow with that and she moved getting a pout but offering her hand and an arm while they went towards the window of the cabin. Seeing below the massive hole that led down through sleek blackness. The mountains here were almost obsidian and polished from the water cascading down them in places. The blackness that came as they started to head down and Junko could see that they were in almost pitch blackness. Then a soft glow seemed to be appearing below them. Thicker now with fog and she looked out of the cabin windows fogging up andshe could feel coldness around them as they finally came down.

The soft glow became light and the glowing plants wrapped around the thick pillars that had been carved and laced with metal bracings of an unknown quality.It was strong and made to support the massive ocean above through the several kilometer thick stone. She was looking while the fog had settled over them and wondering how they selpt. "From what I know there are thicker shades on the windows to simulate day and night cycles." Jubei said it again as if reading her mind and Junko turned to look at her with a smile on her face where she was checking it all out. The interest though while they approached the massive citadel itself and the main island of the continent. Other smaller ones with buildings and ships anchored in place.

Junko was taking in the sight of the ships they had down here... thick black metal hulls and the crews working on them were covered in furs and coarse hair. They brought the ship in and the capital city was brightly lit with the glowing plants and rocks. Where she could look it was like a spring that continued to go around them and the jedi master had to smile as she could feel the force. What she had thought was glowing rock was actually so much much more once she could get close and see it. She was moving and everyone stood with her as she was approached by a small being. Compared to most atrisians she was tiny and wearing thicker robed armor. Hair in dreads that were dyed a dark red before shee spoke.

"Princess I am Miyoung." She said it and stood a little shorter then Junko when they were on even ground but she had presence. Broad shoulders and a stance that said she spent most of her time working... clearly not delicate. She looked like a tough fighter and if she was alone in the mines with who knew what kind of creatures then Junko could only imagine how much danger she might be in as the were moving now. Across the city and towards one of the larger room that housed a submersible. "This will take us down to where you want to go princess." They were heading into the submersible as the porters were bringing their supplies and they had heir packs of equipment. Junko stood there looking at Miyoung and smiled. "Looks fun."

The smaller woman didn't smile but she did get them all into the submersible and spoke. "It will take us down towards the deeper caverns, the pumps extend far down and are in different chambers keeping some of them sealed and filled with air. We have been building more equipment down there to preserve it and hydrostatic shields which can keep the water out in case of failure. The pressure int he only thing we have to augment before we can start using them here on Ezogashima itself and the caverns to try and explore the ruins or exotic signatures we have found under the water." She made sure all of them were in and they were starting to submerge into the dark waters that bubbled around them with the ion repulsors.

JUnko took a seat where she could look and the main deck of the submersible was built for more comfort. This far down they didn't need weapons really and it was on a tract to move so she took a seat there in the center of the room and the others milled about. A smile on her face while she was joined by a few of them fluttering around. Miyoung was looking at her and stood next to her with Min when they were watching the progress and the black waters swirled around them. Interest in it but also the screen as she pulled up a holo display of the mines and cave system. "So how far down have you managed to go Miyoung?" Junko was looking at it with their area and the atrisian pointed indicating. "Deeper then most, abou three days of travel down if we are going carefully and use the main tunnels.."

Junko listened and looked at where she was indicating on the holodisplay. It was deep and massive much further then she had thought possible with a small grin on her face and they at least had moved slowly. From what she could tell they moved chamber by chambers and used hydrocutters instead of explosive to get through and brace the stone. it meant they had been securing it, they had been setting it up as a mine and branching off where other workers and droids had been set up they had discovered rich veins of crystals and precious stones. Rare metals that could be sold and underground rivers where small ecosystems had grown different types of plants and even some animals that were that far down.

They were arriving soon enough to the main chamber. it had been set up with a holodisplay of the mine and its own compliment of biots and droids. A molecular furnace in the one side so they could convert and break down the materials and rock mined to refine it and it meant they didn't have to just move it from one place to the other. Junko exited after Miyoung and the droids were getting the others and their equipment unloaded. It was something they had done numerous times before... well and easily worth the time before she was checking out some parts of it now and standing there at the holodisplay. Her mapper updated with the latest information this close and there were a few new tunnels and paths but nothing major just yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom