Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shadows At the Edge of Light

Evan Kenner

The Wrong Side of Heaven
Evan's mouth dropped open. What is this? Is this the true face of the Republic? Why do we serve such...liars? Is this why people choose the Sith? Is this why the Sith are at war with the Republic? Are they trying to purge the Republic's corruption? No...I...how? Why? Who IS this guy? What does he have against us?!

Millions of thoughts raced through Evan's mind as the republic 'officer' went on about his obviously well-coordinated plan to murder Master Shatterstar...Evan wouldn't have believed it if he didn't talk about it like he was. Framing the padawans. Because padawans can easily shoot a jedi master known throughout the Republic for being an outstanding warrior...with just a blaster. His body had no traces of lightsaber wounds. Just blaster bolts.

Evan noticed Caid draw his lightsaber in defense. Is this wise? Do we want to fight them? What if we are exiled from the Order for attacking Republic Troops?

Then Evan woke up and realized the truth. ...We aren't attacking them. They are clearly attacking us. A jedi does not use the Force in offense, only in defense. Evan, armed only with a training lightsaber as it was, couldn't kill anyone anyway. If he surrendered, somehow, the officer had...false evidence that would certainly land Evan in trouble.

Only a week after joining and here I am being framed by a Republic officer for the murder of a jedi master. Kark this. If they want to frame me, I won't be taken without defending myself. Force...guide me.

Evan narrowed his eyes as he ignited his blue training lightsaber. He drew upon the lightsaber training he had within the week, deflecting blaster bolts and such. Soresu Form, it was called. This might be a good time to draw on that. But Evan felt more than training.

Evan felt angry. I can't believe I work for this karking Republic. Kark you all.

"No. I won't be a victim of whatever web of lies you've constructed. I will defend myself if you force me to..."

[member="Dallen Thayne"] [member="Caid Keller"] [member="Shamus Walker"]

Her red eyes darted back and forth between the Commander and the Republic soldiers. Something definitely was amiss here! Master Shatterstar had been killed? Impossible! She knew little of the Jedi Master but his reputation as a fierce combatant was well known. There was no way the Jedi Master could have fallen so easily. Right? But here she stood in the middle of some crazed out scenario with guns, Republic guns, pointed at her. And the smugness on the face of the Commander was equally unsettling.

CJ quickly retrieved her lightsaber in her left hand, holding the weapon in a ready position. Was she really going to fight, and possibly kill, these soldiers? What would her Master say? What would the entire Jedi Order say? She could proclaim she had acted in self-defense but it seemed the odds where stacked against her. Being exiled was the lease of her concerns. If found judged in the wrong, she would be looked upon as a murderer. And if that happened, the Jedi Council could easily strip the Force from her. They had done it in the past with extreme cases. And she was already on probation since her return for killing her former Jedi Master in anger. She would be an extreme case!

They won't believe me, she thought.

She dropped her lightsaber to the floor and raised her hands over her head. In all appearances it would seem she was surrendering. But if there was one thing her Master had taught her; read the whole book through first, and then when the whole story has been read. React!

"I'll go quietly. I have no desire to fight those that I had fought alongside not to long ago."

She looked over at the other two Padawans and hoped they would not overreact. She also hoped that their Masters had taught them the same lesson. If not, she would be alone to root out this conspiracy.

[member="Evan Kenner"] / [member="Dallen Thayne"] / [member="Caid Keller"] / [member="Shamus Walker"]

Evan Kenner

The Wrong Side of Heaven
For the first time since he had started his jedi training, Evan had felt nothing but sorrow and hatred. Who IS this man...and why has he done this... There was not a doubt in Evan's mind that 'Commander' Thayne was responsible for the murder of the Jedi Master, but...nobody would ever believe Evan, nor any of the other padawans. The commander had called check-mate against them. They were led to believe that they were at his mercy.

Already, Ciara had thrown down her lightsaber while Evan and Caid stood there with theirs ignited. Is...that really wise? How do we know this son of a nerf-herder isn't going to have us put to death for...this?! He's framed us! He's framed ME!

Evan's grip tightened on the grip of his training lightsaber. He felt the Force around him. The hull of the ship. Is there a way out? Yes...of course there is. But...can I really do it? Evan remembered the corridors he had passed through to get here from the hangar he had his ship docked in. My ship! No! They might destroy my ship! I...escape pod?

The escape pods could just be plan B. Or he could steal a fighter. It had been a long time since he had done that...but why not? This Republic wants him dead.

"If this is what passes for justice in the Galactic Republic...then I will be an outlaw!" Evan yelled, tapping into that hatred he felt deep in his heart. He immediately turned around and shot himself toward the exit door, using the Force to propel himself and move faster.

Evan grit his teeth. Is...this what the dark side feels like? All of this emotion...hate...sorrow...it...

...it feels powerful...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L63In39n86c[/youtube]​

[member="Ciara Jevnaker"] | [member="Dallen Thayne"] | [member="Caid Keller"] | [member="Shamus Walker"]

[member="Ciara Jevnaker"] [member="Evan Kenner"] [member="Caid Keller"] [member="Shamus Walker"]

Their reactions. . . . .were varied.

Commander Thayne had to think about it all for a moment until he came to the conclusion at the end. . . .that he was slightly disappointed in the reactions received. Though he analyzed and considered the reasoning for each of them, the Republic Officer found he was completely unsatisfied with two of the Padawans decisions, and let down by the third, though for different reasons than one would likely think. Padawan Keller was frozen still in place, the only reason he wasn't ordering the squad of the 102nd to move in and apprehend him and Padawan Jevnaker yet. If the boy was still undecided about surrendering, fighting, or fleeing, then he didn't want his men dying to an active lightsaber blade. Master Shatterstar if I lose an innocent soldier to these children then I will regret not putting you through more pain.

Still, the Chiss Padawan had fled, his declaration of becoming an outlaw somewhat disconcerting, but clear. Dealing with him was distinctly more in line with the plan. Reaching for the intercom system once more, Dallen again contacted the bridge crew. "Lieutenant Vanquo, one of the Padawans has fled the scene. He may be attempting an escape. Clear out non-combat personnel between this room and the hanger, and put a squad down there. Nothing too heavy to scare him off, don't want him clambering around the ship. He isn't too heavily armed though, his weapon can't kill so a single squad should be enough without scaring him off."

"Yes sir, but what if he does break through the security team still?"

Lowering his head, the Republic Commander only had to think briefly. "Well what are the status of the Jedi's ships? And isn't the only shuttle in the hanger prepped and ready for immediate flight the transport programmed to take the strike team to the planet's surface?" Honestly, Dallen hoped no one had messed up this component of the operation. "The Jedi's ships are still in for the refit sir. Their navi computers and engine housings taken out for enhancement, we still aren't finished since you gave the go ahead this morning. . . . .and yes reports are showing only the shuttle with the pre-programmed autopilot was prepared. Everything else the hanger teams haven't prepared."

Then as far as Dallen was concerned there was no issue. "Then there's nothing to worry about. His only means off the ship will take him to the planet below anyway. If he flees there we will simply follow, even if we will be a bit behind, he will have nowhere to go." Which was fine by him, though it might surprise the Padawan if he did manage to get that far to find that the pirate encampment was a scam. Not a soul was actually down there, just an empty setup to give overhead sensors and flybys something to look at and notice. Though considering how full of surprises and lies the day had been so far, perhaps the discovery wouldn't be very shocking after all.

His glasses glinting beneath the overhead lights of the room, Dallen nodded as he turned back to the security troops to cautiously take a step closer to the two Padawans remaining, but no closer until Keller's response was determined. "You've made a smart choice Padawan Jevnaker. . . .if they allow you to keep that rank that is. Nonetheless you will certainly be given more lenient considerations than your friend who ran off. . . . .what will it be for your Mr. Keller? Will you too flee? Will you stand down and come quietly? If so then allow these men to peacefully take you to the brig, you will not be harmed and may remain unfettered in the cells until we return to Republic Space. I assure you I will be along shortly myself to speak with you to try and understand what's just occurred."

[member="Dallen Thayne"] [member="Ciara Jevnaker"] [member="Evan Kenner"] [member="Caid Keller"]

As the one Padawan started to raise his saber Wes silently cursed knowing the room was entirely to small to get into a fire fight. Things were getting entirely too tense if he didn't get a handle on the situation soon things were going to go south quick. His only saving grace was when the female Padawan surrendered dropping her lightsaber. He had started to send one of the Privates forward to secure her when one of the males yelled out. Instinctively his finger went to the trigger of his rifle really firing a shot when instead the padawan shot towards the door nearly clipping two of his guys. They turned to pursue but Wes would not have it................not yet. Splitting the squad with two jeid still there put the whole squad at risk.

"Stand down let him go."

His words were broken off by the Commander's speech to the two remaining Padawan's. He spoke to CJ his tone of voice calm but forceful.

"Padawan kick your saber to your right towards the private, then on your knees, put your hands on top of your head and do not move until you have been cuffed."

He then turned to the last padawan echoing the Commander's words.

"Come on son nobody else needs to die." "Follow your friends example and come peacefully." "This can all get sorted without further bloodshed." "Put the saber down kicked against the wall."

Wes was a sniper his heart rate lower than the average soldier would register as normal for any person walking around in a cool breeze in face of the crisis before them. The rest of the squad however.........theirs would be racing like their heart was about to explode form their chests.

Evan Kenner

The Wrong Side of Heaven
Evan sped down the corridors of the Testament, dodging various workers and civillians doing their own thing. Evan had to stop short upon reaching what seemed to be an intersection, where the corridor continued down the hall, but also broke off to Evan's right to a restroon. Four of the Testament's guards stood at the intersection, blasters aimed at Evan. "Halt! Drop your weapon, NOW!" they commanded. All four screamed orders at Evan, which only infuriated him more. Evan ignited his training lightsaber, the blue blade reflecting off of the luster durasteel surface of the floor beneath his feet, and he raised it in defense. Soresu Form...I practiced this...

"Bring it on, slimebags."

"Set for stun!|

The guards began to fire, and Evan began to deflect blaster bolts. The dark blue bolts made a ZAP noise as they soared through the air and collided with Evan's lightsaber. Evan struggled to deflect and block each bolt, since they came at him so quick, but he managed to knock one guard out with a deflected bolt, leaving the other three surprised. Evan couldn't help but grin at how much they had underestimated him.

One of the final three tried to throw something at Evan. Looked like a grenade. Evan was able to quickly dash to the side to avoid the blaster fire and use the Force to hurl the grenade back at them. Like cannon fodder, the three guards looked down and immediatly tried to run.

--BOOM--

As it turned out, it wasn't a lethal grenade. The guards aboard the testament were definitely trying to take Evan alive. It was a Cryo Grenade, which froze the three guards in Cryo-stasis. I can still feel them with the Force...they are alive...for now.

Evan approached the stunned guard laying on his back. He reached down and took the man's belt with a holstered blaster pistol in it. Standard-issue, of course, but unlike his training saber, it was lethal.

Evan examined the blaster for a moment. The blaster was indeed standard-issue Republic tech. Evan then looked down at the man he took it from. The stunned guard was unconscious, his eyes closed and his breathing faint. Evan looked at his new stolen blaster and back down at the man. I'm really considering murdering this man...aren't I?

Evan could feel the pull of the Dark Side on him. It got him off of the bridge safely. It saved his life from these...Republic lowlives. The Jedi Masters always preached to avoid the Dark Side...but...it's already done nothing but help me. It feels stronger than what I can already do from training at the Academy...

Oh, of course, they were holding us back! The Jedi work for this corrupt Republic. They don't want to raise warrior of the Force who can think and act for themselves...they don't want the Jedi to become stronger. They only want their emorionless, robotic slaves to do their bidding. They are no better than the Sith they preach about. To hell with them, to hell with the Republic...

The Dark Side will give me the strength to stay alive and free!

With that, Evan aimed down and pulled the trigger, planting a lethal blaster bolt directly in-between the unconscious guard's eyes. He went down the line and did the same for the cryo-frozen guards. None of you will give me any more trouble...and perhaps this example will be enough to get the other guards to let me leave...

Evan walked away from the scene and further down the corridor, the barrel of his blaster smoking, and a fresh, burning holt in each guard's forehead.

[member="Dallen Thayne"] | [member="Shamus Walker"] | [member="Ciara Jevnaker"] | [member="Caid Keller"]

OOC: If someone can tell me how to do that thing where you link something, but enter custom text as the link, that'd be nice :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom