Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shadows At the Edge of Light

[member="Varus Shatterstar"] [member="Ciara Jevnaker"] [member="Evan Kenner"] [member="Tobias Wraith"]

Endarconcept.jpg

The Republic Cruiser, Testament, dropped out of hyerspace, the blurring stars fading from view as the vessel of Task Force: Battle Horn reverted to realspace over the world of Chroma Zed. The moment was quiet as the Hammerhead Class warship began to drift through local space to settle in a planetary orbit above the pristine world. Its crew and its passengers had a mission to undertake here, one that perhaps had a darker source than the Republic could have imagined appearing so close to their section of the galaxy. It was up to them to take care of the matter, which was why the final debriefing was now being given to the gathered members of the advance team.

The Advance team being the Jedi.

Commander Dallen Thayne stood beside the Jedi Master in charge of the group, Varus Shatterstar, who was heading the operation and also leading the Padawans who had been put together for the assignment. THe Republic Officer was in charge of the Task Force the Testament was assigned to, and the cruiser was his personal flagship. The onboard contingent, the 102nd, was under his command as well, and it was their part in the matter to support the Jedi team with tactical advantages and containing the situation.

As the light glinted off his glasses while he turned to the gathered Padawans, the Republic Commander would begin the mission debriefing. "As the Testament is beginning final approach protocols for the planet below we will begin the final mission assessment. The 102nd and the crew of the Testament feel highly honored that the Jedi Council sent not only such talented Padawans, but one of the Order's Masters as well. This will surely be a major advantage against the enemy we'll be contending with today."

Pushing up his glasses slightly, Commander Thayne picked up his datapad as he read the mission summary they needed to be familiar with before departing. "Reports have been coming in that a pirate and smuggling ring has appeared in this sector of space, taking advantage of worlds along the Republic's border. We've determined very little about their movements and total force, however, a factor did become noted during one of their raids on a commercial liner. . . . .a figure clad in dark robes and wielding a lightsaber was among the attackers. The Republic Defense Forces and Jedi Order have come to the conclusion this is either a Sith backed group then or a Dark Jedi utilizing the underground for their own purposes. Agents tracked the attackers on the liner to an encampment on Chroma Zed below."

Now bringing up the planet's file along with the documents on the survey intelligence operatives performed on the supposed base the fugitives were using. "Chroma Zed is a lush world of mountains and steep cliffs, its famed for its naturally beautiful vistas and landscapes. Impressive waterfalls and petroleum hot springs dot the mountain passes. Its a real shame these scoundrels have set up here. . . . . .their encampment is set up along the river banks in some foothills skirting the edge of one of the mountain valleys. They choose their position well, its fairly hard to gain access to with a large number of vehicles, only a few armored units could make that terrain. However, even then they can avoid a fight altogether if they see it coming."

Pointing out on the map where the mountain pass intersected the foothills beside the encampment the Commander continued. "Situated here is an old Chromian city. They're a humanoid wormlike people who build their cities into the mountains themselves. This one has been abandoned due to the mountains isolated nature from other communities. The cave systems and tunnels dug throughout it are terrifying maze like and their entrances are too small to send in heavy artillery or tanks. Its our fear if we launch a large scale assault on the enemy they'll flee in their and it would take weeks if not even months to flesh them out."

Which left him to turn back to the gathered Padawans as he finished explaining the situation. "This is where you come in. With the force all of you are much more capable of handling yourselves in a tough situation than would an infantry strike unit. That is also why so many of you were gathered to accompany a single Master on the assignment. The enemy force should have no heavy weapons and no access to vehicles since its the same issues we have. As such the only real threat is the dark clad figure, which is who Master Shatterstar will deal with personally. . . . . .however the objective is for us to take these people alive. Republic PR as well as Intelligence Operatives are really pressuring us on this. We can't be seen to slaughter criminals when we ought to put them through a fair trial, and if this is a Sith backed operation and not just a rogue dark jedi our Intelligence Department wishes to know."

This was probably where there might be some complaints, but nonetheless Thayne decided to wrap it up. "So in accordance with this all of your lightsabers, including Master Shatterstar's, have been modified. While Republic Engineers will restore them to normal after the operation, for now they will not have their cutting power or killing ability. They can still deflect blaster bolts without worry, but a strike to the enemy's person will merely numb their nerves and render them immobile. A blow to the head will knock them out for considerable time. Everything is ready for the mission so once we're done here you will depart. We have a Dropship prepared and ready for lift off for you. Its auto-pilot has been rigged to take you down just shy of the encampment. Once we're done here I'll be returning to the bridge, so I hope you all remember the way to the hanger from the map I showed you? If there's no questions I just need to take Master Shatterstar aside to the next room to go over an issue I have with the operation before you go."

Evan Kenner

The Wrong Side of Heaven
At last, Evan was finally on his first big mission for the Republic. Ironically, it involved pirates and criminals, the kind of scum Evan had grown up around and knew all too well. Evan felt nervous and excited at the same time. On one hand, he had finally gotten a training lightsaber - which did not need any modification to be non-lethal - and had a few days to practice with it before the main event.

On the other hand, he has to work with Varus...whom, upon first meeting the Jedi Master, insulted and tried to intimidate Evan. For what? Evan may never know. Hopefully Master Karr got him off of that boat.

Evan stood alongside the other padawans. [member="Ciara Jevnaker"] he had met the other night, the girl with the pretty red eyes, and the other, [member="Tobias Wraith"], he hadn't. Evan's largest concern was working with [member="Varus Shatterstar"].

Evan ran a hand over the hilt of the new training lightsaber he obtained during class with Master Karr. It had no unique features at all. It was merely a metal cylinder with a red button. The blade was blue. Evan didn't get to pick it, it was just handed to him. As much as he was looking forwars to igniting it, he remembered studying the Jedi Code and - not to mention the order just given to avoid killing anyone - he still didn't have a blaster. He can't kill anyone unless he used the Force to hurl a big rock at someone, which he hadn't focused on much, sadly.

I am ready for this

Evan approached the exit door, but turned ad waited for the other padawans. Specifically CJ, whom he had hoped to befriend.

[member="Dallen Thayne"]

CJ stood on the ship's bridge listening closely to the Commander's well given speech. It was refreshing to hear the mission briefing given in detail, leaving almost nothing to chance. She did not enjoy surprises. But she was well versed in adapting to her surroundings. However, there was only one thing that had concerned her. The figure in black was not it. It wasn't the tunnels or the enemy they would be facing. No, it was the tampering of the lightsabers; mainly hers. She didn't have a training blade dangling off her belt. She didn't have just any 'ol lightsaber. What she had was a personally created lightsaber that only she could use; thanks to the Kenobi's Legacy crystal installed inside. Now as she thought about, there wasn't much tampering they could have effectively done to her lightsaber, so she was not worried for herself; but for her fellow Padawans.

"Forgive me," she said drawing looks from everyone on the bridge. By some of the stares she was receiving from some of the ship's crew, they were under the assumption a Padawan should listen, not speak so freely. She was not that typical Padawan; or Jedi for that matter. Her return to the Order was still a work in progress but she had experienced things, saw things, and dealt with things that most Padawans have yet to experience themselves. Then there was the Netherworld Event. To this day, she shudders at what she had seen.

"But tampering with a Jedi's lightsaber is like well, cutting off their life support. Allow me to elaborate. Everyone thinks Jedi use nothing but the Force to fight the evil and wickedness of the galaxy. But they are wrong. A Jedi's main tool against an enemy is their lightsaber. And we are Padawans, most in different stages of their training, which means that the Force is not always successful to us when we call upon it." She looked over at Jedi Master [member="Varus Shatterstar"], flashed him a smile, then continued.

"If Master Shatterstar falls to this Sith or Dark Jedi or whatever they are, I'm sure they are not using modified lightsabers that will simply render us unconscious when or if their blade makes contact."

She took a step back, fell silent, and looked down feeling alittle embarrassed about her rant. "As I said, forgive me."

[member="Dallen Thayne"] / [member="Evan Kenner"]

Evan Kenner

The Wrong Side of Heaven
Evan stifled a chuckle and smiled admirably. Heh, I would have never had the gall to say something like that.

He waved to her, beckoning her over with a smirk.

[member="Ciara Jevnaker"]

Varus had been sitting, legs crossed in one of the seats, eyes closed since they'd entered the ship. He was meditating, and for good reason too, as the force had warned him of dangers to come, and those dangers weren't anything that he was about to take lightly. Then again, he had Padawan swinging sabers that would be with him, and he had to figure that just one missed swipe could mean an arm or a life, and he certainly wasn't planning on bring brought back to Ossus in a body bag or with a handicap.

When the young female Padawan began to speak, after having heard the announcement, Varus blue eyes finally flashed open, a serious look upon his face. As his eyes adjusted, they narrowed as he slowly turned his head and glanced over at the young woman who'd spoken her mind, a bit bold for a Padawan. "You don't need forgiveness.", Varus said as he tightened his jaw before continuing. "I implore you to speak when you must, but I also suggest you practice a little patience.", he told her as he leaned over on his right knee, resting his right elbow on top of it as he leaned forwards a bit.

"This isn't a mission where mistakes can be allowed, and if you ask me, you all shouldn't have been asked to attend.", he said rather harshly, though his intentions were good. "It's above your pay grade, and I disagree that any of you are ready for something like this, which was partly why they asked me to attend. So, please, don't think that this is your average mission, because it's not, and I'd appreciate it if you all took the time to realize that before you step off of this ship.", he told them, glancing around the ship at each Padawan separately for just a moment each.

"I do, however, agree with you.", he said, pulling his sabers out of the seat next to him, his thumb sliding off a small cover at the lower half of one hilt. He then reached in and plucked out a small chip, raising it up and showing it to the rest of them before he pressed his index finger and thumb together with just enough force to crush it. "Take these out of your weapons, but if I see one Padawan get trigger happy and bring out their weapon without cause or my permission I'll have you training without it for three months.", he told them, a very serious look on his face as he placed the small plate back on the one saber and began working to remove the chip from his other saber.

[member="Evan Kenner"] - [member="Ciara Jevnaker"] - [member="Dallen Thayne"]

Caid Keller

C
So he'd been slow, so what.

Caid kept his distance from the others, but he'd heard [member="Varus Shatterstar"]'s warning, no weapons, at all, sort of. His stomach cringed for a moment before remembering the simple fact that with the force he was never unarmed.

Coming into the group of [member="Evan Kenner"], and [member="Ciara Jevnaker"] in silence, nodding to his fellow learners in acknowledgment as he crushed the chip from his newly constructed saber in between his fingers. "I'm Caid." He said plainly, introducing himself to his fellow padawans who he frankly he was embarrassed he knew none of.

He didn't know what expect, maybe they'd be friendly, maybe they'd be jerks, he never knew and that was the fun of it he supposed.

Keller was doing his best to keep his mind on socializing and the task at hand rather than the Jedi Master's blatant lack of faith, a sentiment he'd grown all too familiar with over the years. Even now it still bothered him, ate away at his sense of self because he let it, slowly destroying his own ego as a consular had put it right after Coruscant had fallen.

But aside from the self-destruction, he drew something else: motivation. He had to prove the Shatterstar fellow wrong by proving he, no they were ready for such a task. Undoubtedly it would be difficult, but Caid could manage, he always did.

[member="Dallen Thayne"]
[member="Tobias Wraith"]

[member="Varus Shatterstar"] [member="Ciara Jevnaker"] [member="Evan Kenner"] [member="Tobias Wraith"] [member="Caid Keller"]

Pausing as he collected the datapad before he intended to lead Master Shatterstar to the next room over, the Republic Commander listened carefully to the issue now raised by one of the Padawans. Her concern was merited, and it left a smile on the senior officer's face as he stood up and responded to the Jedi in training. She was a keen one, that would serve her well undoubtedly in the future, maybe even today if they all got through it. "That was well said Padawan Jevnaker, and your worries are noted. I assure you that your lightsabers were modified under order and permission from Masters Karr and Raaf, nothing serious, and they will be changed back after this assignment. I have been promised that they will still hold up against another lightsaber even with the changes, they just can't kill anyone with a direct strike with the power regulator fixed. If these don't assure you then I guarantee that the 102nd will have strike teams right behind your group if you need the support."

Or at least that's what he would have said, if Master Shatterstar had not spoken up first, and put everything into a mess! The smile on the Commander's face slowly became a scowl as he straightened up, the light shining off his glasses and hiding the furious glare he was directing toward the Jedi in question as he finally did speak up. "You have nothing to forgive Padawan Jevnaker, your question was well meant. I was going to reassure you that the Jedi Council were the ones to order the modifications with your concerns in mind, though it seems as if Master Shatterstar shares your worry as well though he could be. . . .more polite about it. And considering your remarks Master Shatterstar, the fact they are not ready is the reason the modifications were made so they would not have to worry about holding back for fear of killing their opponents in this operation."

Although it looked like one of the Padawans was already following Master Shatterstaer's lead and destroying the modifier chip. This wasn't what the rules of engagement were meant to be. Now the risk of a Padawan harming someone was on the table, and Dallen Thayne was anything if not punctual about going by the book. "If the Padawans would please wait at the end of the hall I need to speak with Master Shatterstar in private in the next room. You will wait for him to rejoin you once I finish speaking with him on this matter among other things before heading to the hanger. . . .Master Jedi if you'll spare me the moment."

Motioning to the bridge door as it opened, the Republic Commander kept his eyes low to hide his furious expression as he stepped to exit, intending to only go to the next room down the hall for the private hearing he needed to give Varus on the matter of the assignment at hand.

Evan Kenner

The Wrong Side of Heaven
Evan did not remove any modification to his lightsaber, because it had none and, alas, was still a training saber. He would not be killing anyone today, as he had not even crafted his own lightsaber yet. He's only been a jedi student for about a week now anyway.

Evan approached the other padawans, "So...I guess all of you have proper protection now. That's good. I'm...rather surprised Master Shatterstar...did that....against his own council's order." That man sure has some big balls. Evan thought. He turned his gaze to the new, fourth padawan he'd never met before. "Hello friend. You new as well? I...see you already have a lightsaber of your own. That's nice. Caid, you said? I'm Evan. Nice to meet you." The young man stretched his hand out to [member="Caid Keller"] for a handshake.

[member="Dallen Thayne"] [member="Varus Shatterstar"] [member="Ciara Jevnaker"]

"Understood, Master Shatterstar," she said then proceeded to remove the chip from her lightsaber.

One thing was certain, and she was grateful the Jedi Master addressed it, that she needed to learn patience. Most of her inner struggles she had addressed herself, and fixed with the help of her own Master, but patience was the last thing on her list. She was headstrong. She was clearly outspoken. A dangerous combination that together subjugated her patience. But she was learning, she always learning. What the Jedi Master said she would reflect on at a later time, when they were not amidst embarking on a serious mission.

And perhaps Master Shatterstar was right about not them being ready, despite what the Commander thought. She believed she was ready for anything, a small sign that her pride was rearing it's ugly head once more. Later, she would meditate on this as well. But for now, she bowed her head toward the Commander, and moved toward the end of the hall.

Her back propped up against the ship's cold, metal wall and her arms folded across her chest, she looked at the other Padawans assigned to the mission. The Chiss she had met before. The other male was unknown to her except he was called Caid. She listened as Evan spoke about the Master going against the Council's directive, but she had learned early on in her return sometimes orders are orders and sometimes orders do not always hold the best interest of all parties involved. Regardless of the meeting between Commander and Master, she appreciated Master Shatterstar's stance to assess the situation and opt to redefine, not defy, the Council's original orders.

"I'm Ciara Jevnaker but I prefer CJ," she announced to the Jedi Caid. To Evan she said, "Proper protection? Oh, you mean the lightsabers. It might be the most recognizable symbol of the Jedi Order and are first line of defense but it's only technology. Our true protection is the Force and how we use it. And I'm sure Master Shatterstar has his reasons for doing what he did, but that is not my place to seek answers to such a question of why?"

"So boys, is this your first mission?"

[member="Dallen Thayne"] / [member="Evan Kenner"] / [member="Varus Shatterstar"] / [member="Caid Keller"]

Evan Kenner

The Wrong Side of Heaven
Evan nodded, "It is. I've been in firefights before, but in those I had a blaster, not a...training lightsaber. I'm a little bit envious of all of you, with real lightsabers that can cut through durasteel like bantha butter and actually slay the enemies that want to kill you...

"Guys, I don't want to be a burden on you all. I have to admit to you that i've only been in the Order for barely over a week. The only real training i've had was watching and practicing with this training lightsaber. I have done next to nothing with the Force. I know we are all only padawans, but...i'm going to learn a lot not only from the soldiers and Master Shatterstar, but i'll be learning from you, too. Is...is that okay? I don't want to get anyone hurt today because i'm such a newbie..." Evan seemed sincere, but there was still fear in his voice. He was afraid what he and the other jedi could do with the Force. He felt opening up and telling his friends- no, his squadmates, now - that he still had much to learn, as much as it pained him to admit it.

"Though, don't get me wrong, I know how to fight. I am not ashamed to admit i've killed before, and I know what not to do when being shot at. If I need to do something differently, tell me. Alright?" Evan smiled, trying to hide how nervous he was for the coming mission. He hoped he would not have to be responsible for more than his other padawans do. Deep down, Evan hoped to the Force that he would hardly have to do more than observe with the other padawans.

Yet he also knew that that was too good to be true...

[member="Ciara Jevnaker"] [member="Dallen Thayne"] [member="Caid Keller"] [member="Varus Shatterstar"]

Varus hadn't had been struggling with a bad feeling from the moment he'd set foot on that ship, but he'd gone along with everything up until the moment that the debate about the Sabers had begun. It was likely the source of that bad feeling, why the force was nagging at the back of his mind up until the young female had pointed out the oddity of the Council leashing their Jedi.

Padawan or not, every one of them who'd been assigned to accompany Varus that day were Jedi, and they were well aware of the dangers and therefore consequences of using a lightsaber if they were unable to handle such a weapon responsibly. That, however, did not deter him in his decision to be hard on them as it was his opinion that they needed to be held to a certain standard of responsibility. They were going to follow his orders, of that he had no doubt, but if they were going into the field Varus would be the last Jedi Master to have them be ill prepared to defend themselves and the lives of others.

Glancing over to Dallen Varus narrowed his eyes a bit, hinting at his distaste for the man who seemed to think he had been blessed with the right to order Jedi around. That didn't rub Varus the right way, knowing that at least for himself he'd always practiced good decision making above all, despite not always having the coolest of heads during war. He was a Jedi Master now, however, and he was always watching and listening to those around him, gauging their opinions and intent. Like a gambler he was working on reading people, which he'd always been rather good at anyway, but perhaps being able to feel people out without the advantages that the force provided would be most beneficial. At least, he had to assume such things, realizing that he'd become accustomed to a very particular way of doing things as a Jedi.

"I don't remember being told anything about limiting the capability of our weapons, Dallen.", Varus stated as he glanced over at the sabers he'd sat back down in the seat next to him after removing their chips. "Such information would seem rather important, at least to me, and I would have expected it to come from Corvus herself, or perhaps Kian I suppose.", he said, thinking better of needing to reattach the sabers to his belt. They certainly weren't going anywhere.

Unfolding either of his legs from his seated position, Varus pushed against the tops of his knees and raised up until he was standing at his full six feet and five inches of height, a tower compared to most, but today he wasn't feeling so tall. Today he was more worried about the proceedings of the mission and whether or not they were walking into something ill prepared, which had been the purpose of his instruction to the Padawans to remove their chips. Whether or not Dallen was worried didn't make a bit of difference to Varus, knowing full well that the man didn't possess the capability of sensing the force when it was uneasy.

"Alright then.", he said, dismissing the rest of what he might have said about the sabers. "Let's have our little talk, and then we can get to work.", he said, his deep voice responding in a low and honestly disinterested tone. He was well aware that whatever it was this man had to share it would like be the same old, scalding disapproval of how he handled his squad, and he wasn't necessarily in the mood for such conversation just before the mission got underway. Still, he played the part of a good Jedi Master and followed him so that they might have their talk, giving him a chance to say what he had to say before they got down to brass tacks.

[member="Evan Kenner"] - [member="Dallen Thayne"] - [member="Ciara Jevnaker"] - [member="Caid Keller"]

Caid Keller

C
Shaking the hand of [member="Evan Kenner"] firmly, Caid cemented the two's acquaintanceship. Releasing the hand mere seconds later, he would nod twice to [member="Ciara Jevnaker"], noting her preffered name and affiriming that this was indeed his first mission. To be fair that wasn't entirely his fault, being held at youngling for so long left little opportunity for work outside of temple walls.

Those days were behind him though, as the master and ship commander retreated to converse, Caid looked awkwardly back and forth at either of the other padawans, unsure of what to say. "Think we'll have to fight?" He inquired, trying his best to keep the fact that the idea of getting to test out all the techniques he'd spent years studying and practicing excited him greatly. He'd never killed like Evan, but he'd fought, on Coruscant even, and he'd watched his friends get killed. It still hurt six years later.

But things were different now, he wasn't 11 charging a Sith Knight along with other younglings, training sabers ablaze, he was a warrior now, or would be with training. It was only a matter of time and he knew it, he knew deep in his bones he could make himself one of the most powerful Jedi of all time in the fight for good. That's all he wanted, that's all he'd ever wanted.

[member="Varus Shatterstar"]
[member="Dallen Thayne"]

[member="Varus Shatterstar"] [member="Ciara Jevnaker"] [member="Evan Kenner"] [member="Tobias Wraith"] [member="Caid Keller"] [member="Shamus Walker"]

Dallen kept his glare towards Varus at the Jedi Master's lack of his rank of Commander, as well as the use of his first name, hidden by the glare of light over his glasses before tilting his head down as he waited for Master Shatterstar to enter the room as requested. In the meanwhile as he kept his tongue silent rather than continue the pointless debate about the sabers, since the inhibitor chips were already removed and destroyed, Dallen could only wonder how it was this was the Jedi Master who had been sent to accompany the Testament's supporting force. It was no matter though, Commander Thayne knew he only needed to remain patient a little bit longer and then everything would be underway as planned, though by all means it would probably end up a lot more chaotic than he had first planned.

After all, he still wasn't convinced the Padawans could be responsible with their lightsabers just yet. "There is a reason we have rules Master Shatterstar. The same goes for plans as well, they keep us safe Master Shatterstar. They keep things going as expected so that no one gets hurt unnecessarily." When Varus passed him, a glare following the Jedi Master as the Republic officer looked up at him just a few inches shorter, and entered the room at last, Commander Thayne made sure to be right behind the other man as he did so. Any moment now the bubble emanated by the Ysalamir hidden within the closest at the back of the room in its nutrient cage would take its toll on the Jedi Master, his presence disappearing from the force as it encompassed him.

Which meant things had to be done fast. "They weren't supposed to remove those chips and you know it, now me and my men are at great risk needlessly." Drawing his blaster from its holster quickly, Dallen knew he didn't have time to worry or else things would fall apart. He would just have to make do as he pulled the trigger, putting a blaster bolt into the Jedi Master. "At least I can rest knowing that you won't be alongside them for what comes next, and I can trust the Veiled One to at least do his job as planned unlike you. I can only pray the Padawans aren't too hasty or troublesome like yourself."

Still, just in case things weren't going to go nicely the Republic Commander clicked his comlink at his side, an alert going to an onboard unit to come to his location soon. Nonetheless, he stepped further into the room to be safe, his blaster still ready.

"They're keepers of the peace, Commander, not Kindergartners.", Varus said as he entered the room and glanced around, expecting that the disapproving man in glasses would be hot on his heels to tell him how much he disapproved of his choices and how he lead his squad of young Jedi. "They deserve more responsibility than none at all, and the idea of the chips, like I already said, were not run by me, nor was my opinion consulted on the measure. I feel no remorse in instructing them to remove those chips. They didn't just build their sabers yesterday, after all, and the newest initiate only has a training blade.", he spoke out loud, knowing full well that the man behind him could hear what he'd had to say.

Stopping in the middle of the room, that unnerving feeling that the force had been circulating through him that entire day left him, as did the rest of the force as his ears perked up, realizing what the man was saying. Glancing across the room, Varus spotted the caged Ysalamiri and his eyes grew wide with surprise. He didn't waste a second, though, knowing he could overpower the man who'd sought to betray him, but as he turned to attack him with brute strength, Varus felt a blaster bolt enter his side, halfway through his turn. As he stepped towards the man, another bolt entered his chest, smoke rising from the blaster holes in his body as he fell to his knees, slid into Dallen and grabbed the man by the arms with either of of his hands.

His head dipped down and his mouth fell agape as he gasped for air. He'd been tricked, and the force had been stripped from him in a moment of need, and the only thing he'd been able to say before blood trickled from the corner of his mouth was, "Traitor...", as he toppled to the floor, pulse fading while the ripple of his heartbeat could be no longer felt through the force.

[member="Dallen Thayne"] - [member="Ciara Jevnaker"] - [member="Evan Kenner"] - [member="Tobias Wraith"] - [member="Caid Keller"] - [member="Shamus Walker"]

Evan Kenner

The Wrong Side of Heaven
It was an odd thing, the Force. One moment, Evan could look around the feel the Force flowing through everyone aboard. It was almost comforting to him now. He turned to [member="Caid Keller"] after he asked his question, "Unfortunately, I think we probably will have to."

It was then that Evan started to feel different. He couldn't feel Varus in the other room through the Force any longer.

And was that a couple of blaster bolts he had heard...?

Evan didn't waste time. He sprinted over to the room where Commander Dallen had taken Master Shatterstar. "Master Shatterstar? Is everything okay?!" he yelled.

[member="Dallen Thayne"]

Caid Keller

C
Caid didn't react anywhere near as calmly as [member="Evan Kenner"]. Instantly his saber was in his hands, the blade of brilliant blue springing to life as adrenaline flooded through his veins.

Instantly he bashed into the door, denting it with his fist, only avoiding injury by creating a telekinetic barrier with the force. He couldn't sense [member="Varus Shatterstar"]. He wasn't there. He was gone. Just gone. There was no way Caid could have misinterpreted it. He was gone.

The writer had written ore, but his browser crashed and took his post with it, but he fet obliged to reply.

[member="Dallen Thayne"]

[member="Dallen Thayne"] [member="Varus Shatterstar"] [member="Evan Kenner"] [member="Caid Keller"] [member="Ciara Jevnaker"]

The Widowmakers had signed on as part of a task force hunting................ feth it he never really asked what he was hunting. When a Commander asks for your squad he get's it. Wes stood in the squad ready room inspecting the rest of the squad when his comm activated. He looked at it recognizing the Commander frequency. He picked it up.

"Sir Cpl Walker over."

He waited not hearing anything on the other side.

"Sir Cpl Walker come in Sir over."

He frowned not getting an answer. Walking over he hit the intercom to the Bridge.

"Bridge this is Cpl Walker last known location on Commander Thayne?"

Hearing the answer and who he was curious and a little confused. He jumped on the Task Force wide Comm.

"Cpl Walker to all units In accordance with Contingency order 5 set alert condition yellow this is not a drill." "I say again set alert condition yellow this is not a drill."

The rest of the squad heard him and the room went silent as it sank in. You could have heard a pin drop Order 5 was only used when the CO became unreachable. The squad armed up helmets on and raced towards Commander Thayne's last known location. They burst through the door not a minute after Caid noticing the damage to the door.

The point man went left clearing the room, second man, right, third man left and so on Wes coming in last Rifles at the ready.

"Sir is everything ok you weren't..........................."

As he scanned the room Wes saw the fallen body of Master Shatterstar. He recognized him from the Mimban mission

"VARUS?" "VARUS."

Wes jumped on ship wide comms.

"MAN DOWN I repeated MAN DOWN." "Get a medic in here now."

He shot over to the Master Jedi's side checking for a pulse. Not feeling one Wes looked at the [member="Evan Kenner"] and [member="Caid Keller"] raising his rifle the squad automatically reacting with him.

"Hands up now let me see you hands." "By order of Republic Defense Forces you are both under arrest on suspicion of Murder." "Don't make any sudden movements."

As he spoke the other 6 men in the squad surrounded the two Padawan's leaving only the door unblocked. Wes himself blocking their path to the Commander.

Evan Kenner

The Wrong Side of Heaven
Evan gasped as his eyes stopped over Varus' motionless body. He had gone into that room alone with Commander Thayne...so...

Then the soldiers seemed to suspect...THEM?

"Hey, what?! Varus went into that room ALONE with the Commander! None of is even have a blaster, and look! Varus has blaster bolts on his side and chest! I can see it from here! What the kark makes you think we did it?! We weren't even in the room with him!"

Evan was getting angry. How could they possibly think he and the other padawans had done it?! Is this some kind of plot by the Republic to get rid of some jedi?

The Republic sure seem like the evil ones today...

[member="Shamus Walker"]
[member="Caid Keller"]
[member="Dallen Thayne"]

Caid Keller

C
"Are you stupid trooper?!"

Caid was angered as well, and both he and [member="Evan Kenner"] were not about to be done in be some attempt at conspiracy. There was no evidence to suggest they'd committed the crime, both padawans were clean. But [member="Dallen Thayne"], the commander at the end of the room wasn't so pristine. Armed with a blaster he would be the primary suspect of [member="Shamus Walker"].

Clearly not going to listen, Caid kept his saber ignited and raised, ready for whatever came next.

[member="Varus Shatterstar"] [member="Ciara Jevnaker"] [member="Evan Kenner"] [member="Tobias Wraith"] [member="Caid Keller"] [member="Shamus Walker"]

Well, Dallen would have to remember the response time of Widowmakers in the future, they were highly capable it seemed. And they were doing quite the job of positioning themselves between the Padawans and himself, though they were quite unaware how unnecessary that was. After all, with the Ysalamir blocking the force's presence within the room if the Padawans had stepped inside they would be in for quite a surprise. They would lose their most powerful senses, any special powers they had, and even their own physical mastery would fail them from the cut off from all reports and historical records. In truth, he probably hadn't needed to call the soldiers at all, but he didn't want the Padawans thinking even with the Ysalamir they could win with a three to one advantage.

So it was better to play it safe.

"Thank you for the timely rescue soldier, I apologize for not responding, along with the bridge crew. I was busy requesting a video feed of what went down in here after being chased inside. As you saw coming down the hall they were trying to break in." The Chiss Padawan's voice coming out in retaliation to the troopers' murder charge nearly made the Republic Commander's face twitch into a grin. Oh the poor kids had no idea how long everything had been planned ahead of time, how much work was put into preparation. Varus was always meant to talk to him in private from the start for this, being upset about the Master's change in the plan over the lightsabers functioning was just an unforeseen negative to it. "Yes, I killed Master Varus how convincing. I, a single human being without the force, who isn't even as physically capable as Master Varus I would presume, overpowered him somehow singlehandedly took down a Jedi Master who would have greater reflexes and forewarning from the force. Young Padawan I don't know why you gunned down Master Shatterstar, but you did not go far in your duplicity enough to try and frame me."

Tossing his comm unit lightly on the floor between the soldiers and the Padawans the Republic Officer flashed a stern glare to the younger trio as it flashed to life, showing quite a different scene. One that showed Dallen walking down the hall with Varus only for the Master to stop at the door, waving him ahead as he entered with the Padawans, a moment later the trio emerging and moving down the hall themselves as Dallen ran past them halfway to enter the room himself, the Padawans then turning around and rushing back to the door just as the Commander slammed the console behind him and it shut. "As you can see the cameras say it all. It certainly puts a dent in your story Padawan. Next time you try to sabotage the security feed, try to take out more than the sound. Impressive you did so undetected."

Pushing up his glasses, Commander Thayne knew things had to move along as planned before there was trouble. Oh Master Shatterstar, if you hadn't screwed things up I wouldn't have to worry so much about this panning out. "Troopers if you can please take them into custody alive so we can uncover this conspiracy going on I would most appreciate it. Intelligence will want to know if there is a Sith plot within the Jedi Order's ranks so we can root it out. Set for stun only. I have just the operative who will want to talk to them." Now Dallen made sure to look each of the Padawans in eye as he stood behind the Republic Soldiers, before he pressed a ship based intercomm behind him. "lock down the bridge and armory. Keep the Medbay on lockdown as well until an emergency situation passes."

They really needed to ask themselves, did they really want to try and fight here. They could assume he was either a force user in his own right more powerful than their now fallen master or that he had some type of trick that allowed him to overcome Master Shatterstar, one that would likely work on them too. Which he knew to be the Ysalamir he had hidden. To them though it shouldn't really matter, from their perspective he was a Jedi Killer, and thus someone to be wary of engaging.

Plus they had another problem going for them. Master Shatterstar just released them to use their lightsabers in their full capacity. Which meant their weapons could cut down anyone they struck, but they had to ask themselves something now. Were they really prepared to kill Republic soldiers? Most likely innocent men? After all, why go through the trouble of faking a video feed to convince his own men if they were in on it. Would they really hurt or kill these people to protect themselves when they can't even tell whose part of the plan and who isn't? Those were the real questions.

Still, regardless of all that, the Padawans here and now had to be aware they wouldn't win a fight even if they went all out. The Ysalamir would drain them dry once they stepped in, but not knowing that they knew he had taken down Varus, and Varus was stronger than any one of them, and now he had soldiers backing him up, they couldn't win. It was up to them then, the Commander hoped he wasn't disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom