Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
Corporation Name: Shadowline (aka: the Helldivers, 'The Shadowline' Cyrus' Immortals, the Tregessar Group)
Headquarters: Axxila
Locations: N/A
Operations: Mercenary Services, limited capability for Weapons, Armor, and Vehicle production.
Rationale: Cyrus is not the owner per se of Shadowline. That distinction rest with Katharine Tregessar, his younger sister. Rather he is officially a partial owner and designated 'General' of the Helldivers.
Tier: 2
Description:
The Tregessar family is one of the leading families of Axxila, and has a long history of military service. During the years of the Gulag plague, the family led Axxila for a brief period, before becoming one of many powerful noble houses, with extensive assets both on the planet and in orbit. As the Gulag Plague receded, they helped guide the planet to joining the various interstellar governments that cropped up. Initially a part of the Imperial Remnant, the Tregessar family quickly gained distinction as top-notch naval commanders. This continnued under the reign of the Sith Empire, and even for a brief period under the Fels.

Eventually, however, the planet would fall under the domain of the Mandalorians, and the family would be faced with a crisis. The Mandalorians had little formal military organization, and showed a general lack of trust for outsiders. Confronted with this combination, the family Patriarch, Simon Tregessar, wavered, and the fortunes of the family began to decline.

With the first son dead and the second long since deserted, it fell to the third child, Katharine, to reverse the current course of events. In a seires of clandestine mergers and acquisitions, Katharine sold off most of the family holdings in Axxila's traditional shipbuilding industry, and used the capital to acquire and expand their resource-processing and armoring assets. Phase Two was to incorporate all the family holdings into a single unit, the Tregessar Group. with Katharine as CEO. Simon would retain his dynastic position as head of household, but otherwise all but surrendered power ot Katharine in this bloodless coup.

Phase Three was more complicated. Katharine re-opened communications with the wayward son, none other than the infamous Admiral Cyrus Tregessar. The goal was to create a mercenary unit under his permanent command which would provide a place for the scions of the Tregessar family to earn their traditional baptism of fire, but that would not run afoul of the Mandalorians or any other government.

The solution was to remake the Tregessar Group into a Private Military Contractor. It was swiftly renamed, now known as 'Shadowline' and the various capabilities were all retooled to provide for a self-sufficient mercenary brigade, styled after the Force Recon (or Helldivers) created by Cyrus when he served the Atrisian Empire.

Organizationally, Shadowline is a family-owned company, with theoretically all primary members (that is, those with surname Tregessar) of the Tregessar family having a stake in it.In practice, any capital is re-invested back into the company to expand its operations. These operations provide the armor and equipment for the Helldivers, who are recruited from among the citizenry of Axxila and any fit person who is capable of signing up. The officer corp is generally taken from the direct and cadet branches of the Tregessar family and the lesser aristocracy who owe them service.

Operationally, the Helldivers work as contracted mercenaries for whatever faction Cyrus currently serves with. At present they're a small group, with only about 1000 troopers ready to deploy and limited supporting equipment. The current stated goal is to build up to divisional strength.

Intent: By virtue of his character, Cyrus tends to move around factions a lot. I also happen to like to make tech, and this ends up meaning I leave a lot of stuff behind whenever I move. Most of the time I'm fine with this, but I got particular attached to the concept of the Helldivers I made for Atrisia, even to the point I went and got them back from the Fringe when Cyrus hopped over to the One Sith. Rather than have to do that again, I came upon the concept of creating a mercenary corporation, so I could make dedicated Helldiver tech and have it still be tied to the character.

Shadowline/Helldiver Tech:

UA-101A Hellhawk
UA-50 Thunderbird
ARA-09D Light Infantry Armor
SF/A-40 'Aries' Strike Fighter
C60 'Hetairoi' Cruiser Tank

Shadowline/Helldiver Info:
Air Cavalry Company

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom