Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech [Shadow Tech Industries] Holoshroud

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumblr_nciol8b6WV1qlo2yio1_400.jpg

Image Source: http://40.media.tumblr.com/d662bbf30eb045c58e4ea29c43c009e7/tumblr_nciol8b6WV1qlo2yio1_400.jpg

Intent: To create an updated version of the old Holographic Image Disguiser.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Shadow Tech Industries - STI
Model: Holoshroud
Affiliation: Open Market
Modularity: No
Production: Semi-unique
Material: Durasteel, Composites

Description: As a holographic image disguiser (also known as a holoshroud), it is a highly advanced, and very expensive, portable holoprojector that could be used to disguise an existing object or person. This particular is designed to be worn as an armband. The reason for this is to be able to improve on the capabilities of the earlier models by allowing for a bigger unit. As such, the holoshroud is a able to hold 4 images in its memory banks and work for a grand total of 5 minutes, instead of the 2 minutes run time the original had. This new advantage is thanks to the larger battery storage within the unit, as well as larger memory core. Longer run times could be possible if the unit was hooked up to a larger power source.

When in use, a holoshroud projected a mostly pre-rendered image over the target; the image had to be at least the same size as the target object or larger for obvious reasons. The high-quality image was incredibly realistic; capable of fooling the unaided eye, it even moved when the object or person did. However, the drawback to this, is it has a tell-tale "flicker". While too fast for the normal eye to perceive, it may allow some droids, cameras and other sensors to detect that something was amiss. (Source of technology)

Strengths:
Creates a image that overlays a subject, perfectly disguising them from the naked eye.

Weaknesses:

Short run time

Expensive

Disguise much more easily detectable by droids, cameras, and/or sensors to be a fake.

Due to the advancements in your technology over that of the canon, something I am sure will be appreciated by your customers in the future, I would like to see a short development thread that details this advancement, detailing at least one of the advantages over the original through engineering. There is an option in regards to not utilizing a development thread, but in this case I highly suggest you make one and really make a difference with this technology. Also, due to your company status as a tier 1 company with no specializations in this field of production, I ask that you lower the production to semi-unique or unique until you are later able to handle the production of such a highly expensive piece of equipment such as this on the scale you are requesting. You may also have another company co-op this production with you to make up for the expenses and other such stuff.

Approval Without Development Thread
  • Lower maximum stored images to 4.
  • Limit production to Semi-Unique if you plan to produce this with STI, or have another company listed as manufacturer (or in conjunction with your own.)
Approval With Development Thread
  • Include a short, 10 post, thread that details the advancements from the canonical source to this model.
  • Limit production to semi-unique if you plan to produce this with STI, or have another company listed as manufacturer (or in conjunction with your own).
[member="Ice"]

Image amount changed to 4. Ya 7 was a little greedy. Lol May I have have limited production though, and still have production kept within STI? That way I stay at the same production level with other pieces I have, that it is meant to work in conjunction with?

[member="Darth Sinna"]

[member="Ice"]
You can ask for a submission modification once your company is able to handle the production of something it is not currently equipped to handle, until then you will either need another company to assist in its production or you will need to scale back on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom