Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech [Shadow Tech Industries] Field Medic - 9 (FM-9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
star_wars_field_medical_droid_by_vlper777-d3ic8ip.jpg

Image Source: http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/158/c/c/star_wars_field_medical_droid_by_vlper777-d3ic8ip.jpg
Intent: To create a galaxy class medical droid that can work under most any condition.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Shadow Tech Industries - STI
Model: Field Medic - 9, aka "FM-9"
Affiliation: Open Market
Modularity: No
Production: Minor
Material: Durasteel
Classification: First Degree, Medical Droid
Weight: 90.71 kg
Height: 1,100 mm
Movement: Repulsorlift
Armaments: None
Misc. Equipment: Sensors, bioscanners, syringes, medical tools, vials of basic medications and bacta.
Description: This state of the art medical droid can be used in tandem with another unit or by itself to retrieve, heal, or stabilize any wounded soldier on the modern battlefield today. It is guaranteed to be the first and only field medic you will ever need! For this demonstration, we will describe the droid from the ground up.
Its repulsor lift allows it to float effortlessly over any terrain thrown at it, and can get past objects as high as 10 meters tall. The circles you see about the middle of the repulsor lift are actually lights which allow for night search and rescue missions. The "belt" located just above the search lights is actually a modified "No-Show". For those soldier malicious enough to "shoot the medic first", we have provided this little added bonus to better allow your unit to secretly and covertly move through the battlefield unnoticed. Thus lowering the chances your unit might be destroyed!

Now although this droid works great by itself, when used in tandem with a companion FM-9, the 2 slots you see located on top of the repulsor lift can be used to fit a stretcher in between the 2 units. Any droid can lift a soldier and retrieve him on its own. However with the stretcher, the droids can now perform even advanced surgery on a wounded soldier while simultaneously getting him to safety! The "eye" in the middle of its stomach area is a sensor to check the vitals of the patient while in transit.

The 10 shapes you see in the chest are actually large vials containing different medications and drugs including the all important bacta. Now moving on to the arms. The 2 nubs you see are actually protected tool casings. Inside each "nub" are 5 syringes for 5 different drugs, along with 10 different medical tools a medic would need for surgery, or simple patch ups which simply pop out when needed. The 2 other arms allow for one unit to effectively act as 2 people, and a duo working together, act almost as a full medical team of 4 doctors!

And the last piece of interest for you to view is the head. It's vocabulator allows it to speak to a patient, speaking any of the top 7,000 languages in the galaxy. The knowledge to perform any medical procedure (short of prosthetic replacement on the field) on up to any 700 species desired is also stored here. An off the shelf droid is programmed with the top 700 most populace species in the galaxy, but any species can be substituted for another on request! It is also equiped with 360 degree vision so as not to miss any possible wounded in the field as well as keep an eye on current battle conditions so it can stay out of the way.

Not viewable in this image is a storage bin located on its back containing additional medical supplies, such as bandages, splints, exc.

With that friends, I hope you enjoy this new state of the art model presented by Shadow Tech Industries!

Please do not include technology that has not been approved of yet in submissions. Either wait until it has gone through the approval process, or remove it and then request a submission modification at a later date once this has gone through the approval process.
[member="Ice"]

May I just leave it as is till my "No-Show" gets approved, and come back to judge this when it does? I adjusted the other item, so it is almost identical to the canon piece. Basically it should have no problem being approved now. Sorry being a little lazy. I just don't want to do a mod on my droid a few hours after an item is approved.

[member="Darth Sinna"]

[member="Ice"]
It appears that it has worked out in a sort of strange way, disregard my previous post. (Though do follow that procedure on any later posts, just hold off on submitting when you need something else to be approved for it.)

Anyways, I see no issue with this right now, pending secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom