Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shades of Truth

Alderaan

The Juran Mountains, Clan Ordo lands.

Clan Ordo occupied the lands that Rianna had grown up on, where she and Ordo had a house, and where over time members of their clan came. They farmed the lands, mined the phrik to mix with the beskar, and led a life that fulfilled their needs. A life where they raised their children to become warriors.

A day ago Claire had arrived back on Alderaan giving clearance for Andorreth to land his ship at the House Organa private space port. It had given them the privacy they needed to bring the prisoner out without drawing too much attention.

A quick message to Arla Balor explaining things had gotten them just what they wanted. A place to talk to the prisoner without too much interference. Claire had not yet briefed Faith or anyone.

True to form though the Captain had reported all of the things she had done while under his watchful gaze. She would have to answer for that.

There were unanswered questions like how did the Prisoner get the spanner. Was it the Guard? Or someone else? They had not pointed fingers yet. They were hoping someone would make a mistake and reveal themselves. So far everything was still be played close to the vest. They would have to work on breaking the prisoner.

If they could. Claire watched as they brought the prisoner out from the transport. She could see her eyes the way the bore holes into her. It was clear that if she were free that nothing would stop her from getting to Claire. It was a terrifying feeling to see that much hate and determination directed at her.

Arla was waiting, the tall red head had a place for the prisoner a lovely stone block house with no facilities, a single bed, a single chair and a hole in the corner. it was made for punishment, old style. Except for the positioning of the cameras which would monitor her every movement word there was nothing else in there.

[member="Andorreth Vikar"]

We'd landed not a day ago on Alderaan even with nobody knowing how this....woman had gotten a hold of the spanner I'd figured it out. Or as close a plausible theory could get. The guard had volunteered for first watch because the woman had something over him or his family. It'd also explain how this woman had acquired information on Claire's travel plans a mole inside the entourage made the most sense. As they'd begun unloading the prisoner inside the private space port I saw the look she gave Claire, whisking over to her side I said lowly "She'd get nowhere near you m'lady she'd be unconscious on her face before she took a step in your direction. I will not allow you to come to harm while under my watch."

"M'lady....you'll be the one directing the questions clearly but do you wish me or one of your Ordo clan to interrogate you? If me then take this..." I discreetly handed her an earpiece so she could communicate what she wanted asked of this woman. Also I pressed a small gauntlet into her hand "Beskar'gam gauntlet m'lady it has a dart launcher inside with ten darts an additional five are in a secondary clip. The hidden blade is coated in a mix of tracking nanites, bacta, and poison for paralyzing within three seconds. Darts are coated as well." Leaning in I whispered "Also you should check and see if there's anything amiss with the guard who was with the prisoner. Sick child, wife issues, and the like I think that woman had something on him which is how she got the spanner."

Having said my piece I leaned back away from Claire and waited to be addressed by the other Mando'ade here...

[member="Claire Organa"]

The mountains majestic with steep slopes provided natural protection to the Clans but it blew a cold wind upon their necks. It was an unforiging land full of rocks and trees. But they hunted here and were isolated here. When someone decided to visit it was for a purpose. So it was with their visitors.

Arla crossed her arms across her chest she watched as they had delivered the prisoner that Claire of House Organa had communicated with her about. Arla was the adopted daughter of [member="Ordo"] and Rianna and how it was that all the Organa's looked upon them as kin at times just made her head spin. But the red head had learned to accept that the Alderaani culture seemed to take into accounts that anyone who was a child of someone in their family was immediately part of the family.

Or something like that.

Arla's green eyes tracked the prisoner as she walked, this woman she had anger. She had purpose any of them that had hunted for bounties would see this. Arla slowly tilted head the woman from all that had been said of her well she was on a mission and those on a mission were rarely stopped. But they could be persuaded to speak.

Arla turned her attention to the man with Claire. She needed to know his name, and his purpose. Her buir would have her head on a plate if anything happened to any of his Alderaani kin.

She nodded to Claire, "She will tell us what you need." She looked passed Claire, she then spoke in mandalorian to him, "You have traveled with Claire here. Are you mando'ade?" She knew the story but she also had seen enough betrayal in her time to be wary of anyone who said they were a friend. She remembered when the Republic called them friends, and then decided to kill the weak and young among them. She would honor that Claire trusted him but she had to know for herself too. She had to know her Clan was safe.

While she spoke the woman was made to kneel before the stone building. This was just one place, they had others.

A redheaded woman In Beskar'gam stepped over and asked if I was Mando'ade. As I was a guest I inclined my head and rapped my right fist against my beskar breastplate. "I am if you you count my being formally adopted by someone who is considered Dar'manda. Though I've no clan other than my crew and those I choose to protect and serve." Pausing I said "I swore an oath to The Lady Organa that I'd protect her and help her find who was behind her being hunted. She offered to help me clear my name for a crime I didn't commit in exchange for my help though you should know I'd have helped her even if she'd had nothing to offer in exchange."

Drawing my emerald green blade along with my aqua blade I offered the hilts of Tamerlein and Serenity each towards the woman in beskar as well Claire. "Ma'am I may not have clan but I do have honor. I gave my word to Ms. Organa and I fully intend to complete that promise...." I waited for her to judge my words and action. Though I realized Claire already had placed a great measure of trust in me I wanted to ensure her family knew I meant what I said.... Looking towards Claire I incline my head and waited....

[member="Claire Organa"] ~ [member="Arla Balor"]

Claire stood stiff watching the woman barely hearing what was being exchanged between [member="Andorreth Vikar"] and Arla. She knew that there were Mando'ade things to be straightened out and understood she would leave them to it. She looked at him as he spoke about the woman's reason and how she could have gotten the spanner, she also put the ear piece where it would do the most good. Her hand lingering on his for just a moment as she took it.

Courage. She needed just a bit. Arla began to question Andorreth.

When it sounded however like Arla questioned Andorreth's honor or intentions she turned to look at her. She had to admit the armor gave the impression of don't mess with the Red Head. "He's kept his word at every point and not once faltered in his oath to me. It is just felt that the facilities here would be more conducive to what we hope to obtain"

She nodded and turned back towards the woman. Claire walked slowly she wanted a good look at her. What was driving her? Was there more than just this hatred that oozed with every word she spoke of when they mentioned House Organa, or Claire herself.

"Hmm no matter if someone who raised you is dar'manda that is on them it does not fall to you. and if you have kept your oath and your honor then Clan Ordo has no objections to your presence."

Arla walked towards Andorreth looking at his weapons as he offered them to her. She could if she believed him a threat take the weapons and kill him where he stood. Arla however was not so harsh. "Keep your weapons, and your oath. "

She nodded lifting her hand and pointed at the prisoner, " This is your capture, and your duty there. We will provide you the protection you need to conduct your information gathering mission." She smiled she shouldn't but she did, "but the honor of gathering it to gift to Claire is yours."

Arla stepped back, "Haat, Ijaa, Haa'it" she put her hand to her chest nodded then barked an order to set up a schedule for holding the prisoner. "I wish you well with your hunting"

Upon the redhead telling me to keep my weapons I flicked the blades to the side and with a flourish sheathed Tamerlein and Serenity in the inverted sheathe along my back and the one along my right hip. Inoticed the smile she let show about how the honor of gathering information as a gift for Claire was mine. Looking towards the redhead I said "Thank you ner'vod, I'll watch over Ms. Organa and protect her with my life." Then she was barking orders towards her men. Withdrawing I activated the comm earpiece and simply spoke normally. "Claire, I appear to be in charge of the interrogation. I would advise you to be able to ask the questions you have for her through the earpiece. I......don't think it's a good idea for you to see this woman while I question her though. Though I remain your blade I'll serve in whatever capacity you need m'lady."

I disconnected my helm from the magnetic lock point on my breastplate and replace it over my head my suit sealed and the HUD flicked to life as the hellishly soothing blue with the spectre face flicked to life as the filter. Turning I walked towards Claire briefly and gently knocked my helm against her head. Then I turned and headed towards the prisoner and to carry out whatever orders Claire gave. I guessed that if the redheaded Mandalorian woman whose name I still hadn't gotten caught that she'd remain silent on but with a smile on her face. Keldabe kisses were a less frequently showed thing but I wanted my interest known....

Arla retreated only far enough to watch. No she had not given her name why? She was Alor of this Clan had she grown so numb to newcomers and mistrust of them that she had also become rude?

Perhaps.

She watched as Andorreth placed his buy'ce to Claire's forehead. That was interesting Claire had failed to mentioned that there was a closeness between them. Kark. Feth. and several other curse words flowed through her mind. She'd have to have them set up drinks in an hour to make up for her bad manners.

If her Buir heard about how badly she was acting he'd shred her. Good thing he and Rianna were off somewhere.

Arla knew she had to get passed this. But it was hard. They had endured so much betrayal including the rumors that someone of their own clan had helped blow of Keldabe City. Wasn't bad enough her buir had possessed and became dark lord of the Sith and killed two prominent leaders. Nope...add in blowing up home too...but that was a rumor the other fact.

Arla admonished herself again she did not have to be mush but she could be softer and not so rigid.

She looked over and saw her son Avrum playing with the others. She knew she had to do better.

She tilted her head to meet his this would show others that there was connection between them. She looked up into the visor to see her own reflection as she thought about what she wanted from this woman. Everything is all she kept repeating to herself.

"Andorreth I have so many questions and none seem as relevant as who sent her, where do we find them, are there anymore of them among us and do they have Tory." She signed looking over at Arla as Andorreth walked towards the woman. Claire had stopped about 6 steps from her she couldn't take her eyes off of her. Depending upon the answers Claire knew she would have other questions. But they had to start someplace.

She turned and went to stand closer to Arla if Andorreth did not want her to see that meant it was going to be more physical than previously. But she wouldn't completely go.

"I'm staying near here I need to see this. I can't hide under a rock my whole life things happen in the galaxy every day." She stood there defiantly trying to put a grim look on her face. As she looked over to Arla giving her that look of 'WTFeth'?

The redhead shrugged at her while Claire growled. Arla shoved Claire playfully while Claire shook her head.

Nodding my understanding at what Claire was saying I headed towards the compound where the redheaded Mandalorian woman had her men take her. Looking at the guard on the door outside I headed into the building. Security cams everywhere....good that meant someone was watching. I was led towards the cell and stopped before I headed inside, a Mandalorian said "I know your armor design ner'vod I really, really don't envy that woman and what she's about to go through. I know the markings that decorate your armor, you're who Seras trained last aren't you?" He tapped his helmet and said "I can see the etching in your Beskar'gam ner'vod. Invisible ink except in certain places and conditions. The designs are that of Seras Prudii'kad, you're Vespera and the Wraith of Corellia aren't you? I caught the last race you had on Coruscant hell of a driver vod. The Prisoner is yours, there'll be a message fro you when you're finished in there ner'vod."

With that he rapped his right fist against his own beskar breastplate and inclined his head as I stepped through the door. The prisoner's sedative had worn off and she looked royally irked and afraid too. She was a caged animal with the beastmaster present and she knew it. She wasn't in restraints which was fine I wouldn't need her in them I had one of my own. Popping the lid on the container of sand at my belt I with a lightning fast flick of will had restrained her hands and feet while lifting her into the air like a ragdoll. Clicking on the vocoder in my helm I said "Now......shall we begin Ms.....?" She spat at my helm and actually managed to hit it. Clicking on the helmet comms I tied it to Claire's earpiece. "Ms. Organa you're about to see a very....dark and aggressive side to me I will warn you again this is probably not something you will want to see. Am I clear to begin M'lady I don't want you to fear my hurting you but this won't be pleasant to see. I will ask again a final time, are you certain I'm cleared hot to engage?" I had the sense that the red headed Mandalorian woman was watching me and what I was about to do but I waited for Claire's go ahead....

[member="Arla Balor"] ~ [member="Claire Organa"]

The winds were already beginning to blow steady through the settlement. Claire looked up at Arla she had set a standard for her behavior and to back down now in anyway would make her weak in the eyes of everyone there. Nervously she shifted from one foot to the other she exhaled slowly and calmed herself she heard Andorreth's voice coming through

He reminded her that he would be acting not in a way she had seen before. What could she say that would tell him she would see it all all sides of him to understand him. She had to know the man that risked his life for hers, there was more she good and bad. She would stay. "I understand Captain Vikar" all the phrases she knew didn't seem to fit this particular event. All she knew to say was she understood and that she would stand fast.

She stood still tightening her resolves, "You are cleared to begin"

Claire knew that the woman wouldn't hesitate to kill if free which meant she, Claire would have to be equal in her resolve.

Arla rested her gloved hand on Claire's shoulder whatever courage she could give to the Alderaani she would. All she had was a steely gaze for the woman Arla could appreciate dedication and a mission.

But not when it came to family. Family was the hope of the future.

The Alor waited she was interested in this man Andorreth Vikar. One of the Clan came up and began explaining who they believed Andorreth was. All of this before Arla's time Arla looked at Claire, "I will be back"

She stepped away to speak with her clansman so that Claire would not hear. Arla nodded and listened not sure of the names being used. But the other details had her interest they spoke softly all while glancing over at Claire.

Hearing Claire give the go ahead to me over the comm channel I said "Very well m'lady. Claire, remember I am your blade and that you will never need fear me being like this to anyone other than those who mean you or those you care for harm." With that I looked back to the lady I'd suspended with hands and feet locked together via the sand. She'd not heard the dialogue between myself and Claire all she'd seen was silence. "Ma'am I wanted to be polite now though I have to be less polite." I let one of her hands free and she swung at me. Inclining my head I felt her hand hit my Beskar helm, then I spun smoothly away and back behind her bringing the sand over her other hand into an accelerated state. It'd begin rubbing skin from her hand. Then I simply snapped her free wrist out of place dislocating it, "Who sent you?" My voice calm I waited for her to answer and she did though not in an appropriate way. She spat at me again, sighing I pivoted and with her feet held tight in the sands I simply kicked them and felt bones break. She screamed in pain, and on one level I felt awful on the other I knew she had the information.

"Who sent you? I'll not ask again little miss..." Accelerating the sands moving over her left wrist which she dangled by I could feel skin beginning to be sanded off. I could see pain and discomfort at a great level on her face, but I felt either she'd tell me or try manipulating the conversation. "Miss if you're acting as you have due to someone you care for being held then I will at least understand the why. I'm not unreasonable I don't like causing pain I'm just very good at it. Who sent you? If you won't tell me then I'll find out what or who your employers have over you and then I will end it or them." I saw genuine fear cross her face then she said softly "I never saw their face I was contracted through an intermediary." Well.....now I was getting somewhere. "Alright Miss, that's a start. Out of curiosity how'd you get the spanner into that cell?" She smiled and said "wouldn't you like to know?" Sighing I said "I already do actually or at least I have my guesses. See I think the guard had some weakness you exploited. Family, friends, career, bills....you used that to instill fear and he did what you wanted." She smiled and said "Kinda like you eh?" Whipping around I wrapped my hand around her throat forcing her to look at my mask. "Miss unlike you after I'm done here I'll heal the injuries I inflicted on you. I'll be willing to work so you aren't outright killed for your actions. I am well and truly your only hope for that and should what you tell me be right I'll have someone I know give you a second chance doing your kind of work for a decent moral reason."

She looked at me and lowered her head... "It's as you said I had information over the man he in turn helped me so that information wouldn't circulate." I knew it...."And the girl you mentioned Tory? Why her?" Strange I saw fear there but not of me...."Miss, my question why Tory?" She looked at me and said softly "Sir....please don't make me say?" That wasn't good there was someone or something she feared more than me on that question. She'd given me two bits of information more or less willingly this....she was afraid to tell me. Activating the comm I said "Claire she was contracted to take Tory and deliver her though she never knew who it was who contracted her. Also she's afraid, not for herself though. She's afraid to tell me why Tory was who she was paid to take I can press her for the information, threaten for the information but it might be beneficial to let me make a call to ensure she's not doing this kind of work for harmful reasons and to be employed like this by people with a moral code so as to redeem herself. If I press her though odds are she'll shut down and you won't get a name of who paid her to take Tory. Your call m'lady...."

She wanted very much to look away and couldn't. In her mind she pictured her sister, and her friends all subject to a form of pain all to satisfy some issue that Claire had not yet figured out completely. It made Claire angry that this woman was so hateful that she spit on Andorreth.

Claire's left hand went to cover her mouth to keep herself from shouting out as the scene before her played out. Claire in her mind cried out at each offense. Bones made sounds that Claire could barely make out over the comms between she and Andorreth. She felt sick. Was this what she really wanted to happen to this woman? She looked away for a moment the Clan was watching.

Claire picked her head up and turned to look again at what was happening. She wouldn't cry. no she wouldn't.

As if an angel had been watching Andorreth was giving her a way to stop. Thanking the goddess Claire wasted not time to answer, "let's give her time to her and gather her strength. We need to show compassion for her situation. Perhaps we can turn her into an asset for us, and protect her from reprisal." Claire hoped that she had been able to control the tremble in her voice.

She looked over at Arla. Arla motioned to another area and walked away. Claire took this as a sign to join her when finished. But first she'd wait for Andorreth to join her, when he had finished.

Taking what Claire had said as my orders I ceased my interrogation. Looking at the woman I released the sands around her and slowly lowered her so she'd be flat on her back, as she hit the ground flat I funneled the sands back into the container on my waist. Then I knelt by her side "Miss I am sorry for the pain I've inflicted on you today. I don't want to have to do so again....I'm not a heartless monster Miss." To prove my point I deactivated the holographic filter on my helm so she could see my face. Then channeling the energies of The Force I began to heal her skin where the sands had burned her then I moved to her feet. Jerking slightly so the bones were in proper place I began to heal the injuries there as well. "Miss I'll give you time to consider my offer I truly do hope you'll take it and be able to work for a person who you can be proud of what you've done."

With that I rose again and turning away I headed out of the cell. The Mandalorian I'd spoken with earlier passed me a holo-projector and inclined his head as I left. Seeing Claire I calmly walked over noticing the redheaded Mandalorian woman as well. Odds were someone under her command had noticed something about me.... Hopefully I wouldn't be tested further, but if I had to guess I probably would. Finally reaching Claire I said "M'lady I'm sorry you had to see that side of me."

Claire had kept her calm and she hoped that the turmoil she felt within had not drifted to show in her eyes or express. It was hard to tell. Claire finally could find a real reason to smile she had always prided herself on finding the good in everything everyone. She wasn't one to let someone else to steal her joy. But.

That was before her ship had been attacked and the reality of the galaxy had sunk in. She swallowed hard and finally lifted her eyes to look into his she spoke in a soft voice wanting what she said to be between them. "My Aunt once told me that there were times that it was good fortune to know a man who knows how to do bad things."

Claire wasn't sure what assurances she could give him at the moment she reached up and put her hand on his chest. "I may not like it but at times its necessary, and you did ease her pain." Claire dropped her hand not wanting it to linger too long but hoping that it would tell Andorreth everything was ok.

Claire looked over, "Arla wants to see us, are you up to it?" Was she up to it? Only the goddess knew what Arla was thinking.

Smirking as Claire mentioned her aunt saying that it was good fortune to know a man capable of doing bad things. "Your aunt wasn't wrong m'lady, Seras used to say something similar. Civilized people sleep soundly in their beds at night because rough men and women stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Her hand on my chest hadn't escaped my attention... "M'lady I'd do violence on your behalf to allow you to sleep peaceably though often I don't have to. I am only violent enough to cause intense pain before presenting a morally better choice. That's what I did with the woman in there, she's afraid but not for herself for someone close to her. I gave her a way to work with you in order to earn redemption. Far more powerful than torture M'lady is hope."

Claire mentioned Arla...So that was the redheaded woman's name...."M'lady I'm up for most anything, though I'd appreciate after this hopefully not unpleasant business here I might be able to get out of my armor and into some more civilized clothes. You did mention seeing me without my armor on..." I let the insinuation sit for a few seconds then leaning in toward her I said "Perhaps a private meal together Claire?" Gesturing for Claire to lead the way towards Arla I waited for her to begin leading...

Claire could understand the fear, "She and I have something in common then, she fears someone I fear for Tory." Yes that deep rooted feeling of love that she had for her sister she felt like someone was trying to dig it out. While they did so they caused Claire the greatest of pains as was probably their intent.

"I slept pretty peacefully that last night on your ship" she whispered. She had no denying it the comfort of him being near and her confidence in him that he was true to his word. She had slept soundly until the proximity alarms went to that they were near Alderaan.

"Yes we'll give the woman time to think about her situation. We can..well...go to Crevasse City so I can change again and then have dinner in New Aldera. If there is time I'd like to show you whatever I can." Claire looked again to the doorway where Arla had stood moments before, she wasn't sure what she wanted. Claire half smiled again.

She turned and started walking slow as if the last thing she wanted was to enter that room. She was dreading it. All she kept thinking was let's get it over with. Please.

Arla stood within the meeting hall her arms crossed, she could hear Avrum moving around then standing hear her. She looked down and saw him mimicking her this stern little face, tight mouth staring at the door.

"What are you doing ad'ika?" she asked while she watched the door for Claire and Andorreth.

"You, what you do." He stuck his chin out staring harder at the door. Oh my Arla thought is that what he sees.

"I look like that?" She tried not to laugh.

"Yes, are you mad at them?" His question so innocent. And yet if that is what he saw surely that is what everyone saw.

"No."

"oh" He looked up, "you look mad"

She smiled, "I don't know what to do with my hands, my armor doesn't have pockets." She uncrossed her arms dropped them to her side. It felt weird.

Avrum stuck his hands in his pockets and leaned back slightly, "when I get armor, mine will have pockets" He nodded matter of factly. He looked at the door. "Did Claire do something wrong?"

Arla shook her head, "No." Then recrossed her arms.

"Did the man with her?"

Arla shook her head, "no."

Avrum sighed, "Well why are we in here?" He didn't understand, not one bit. But then he was young and all of this so new.

"Cause Buir was bad." She said it so he would know.

"You...ohhhhhh. Are they going to spank you?" A look of worry in his eyes as he asked.

Arla's lower lipped trembled as she tried not to laugh. She knew her son was serious in his questions, "No, Buir is going to make good."

Avrum nodded, "ok." He didn't think his mother ever did anything wrong. He noticed that there was a bottle and glasses on the table. He wrinkled his nose. He didn't like the smell of it. But here he stood with his hands in his pockets waiting for their guests.

Claire had begun walking after mentioning dinner in New Aldera then showing me whatever she could. We kept walking and the holo-projector I'd been given was still in my left hand. "I'm glad to hear that you slept peacefully Claire. The point was to make you feel safe so I'm glad you did."

As Claire led the way through the halls I triggered the plates on my left thigh armor opening up hidden bits where I kept throwing blades and several other surprises. As we began entering the meeting hall I heard a child mentioning when he got his armor it'd have pockets. Smirking at the comment I began walking through the door I slipped the small, palm-sized holo-projector into one of the slots of my left thigh plates.

Then from my left wrist gauntlet I triggered the plates on my armor closed, looking from Claire to who I now knew as Arla I inclined my head and rapped my right knuckles against my beskar breastplate. "M'lady Arla, I have the sense you wish to speak with me? Ms. Organa said something that hinted at that....What is it I can help with ma'am?"

The young child hadn't escaped my attention either but for now I was concerned with having potentially ticked off the Mandalorian woman in charge. Hopefully I wouldn't need to worry about being shot at or interrogated myself....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom