Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Settling In [Open to SSC]

It had been a little while since Joza had made her new home on Voss, settling into the planet’s pleasant atmosphere quicker than she had expected to. On Sullust she didn’t had the advantage of fresh air and lush greenery, something that she found help to calm her nerves greatly. Ever since leaving Zeltros to walk the path of the Jedi, the young woman had trouble conforming to their standards and subsequently developed a terrible case of homesickness. Thankfully her training had been enough of a distraction to keep her decently stable—by now thoughts of home still lingered in her mind, but not enough to hinder her. Unless she was in a mood, of course. And being a teenage Zeltron, she was certainly moody.

The pink skinned girl was not battle-worn in any sense of the word, especially not compared to some of the weathered and scarred Jedi she had come across. The Padawan had just begun to dip her toes into the word of combat, her experiences amounting to a few skirmishes with Sith on other words and being comically beaten by a lone Sith Knight on Lothal. She still wasn’t sure how to feel about the encounter, as after he’d beaten her he had offered to instruct her in the basics of Makashi. They’d parted under non-hostile terms, her with a broken nose and bruised ribs and him with a smirk.

Since then she found that she actually liked Form II, finding it far more graceful and fluid than Shii-Cho. As a dancer, it suited her natural poise and she easily fell into the rhythmic footwork required for it. That was likely why she was practicing on the edge of the training ground, wooden training blade in her hand instead of her saber. Her movements were tight, quick and rapid a she jabbed, parried and sliced at an imaginary foe. Sometimes she felt like saberwork was more calming to her than meditation.

Pausing in her movements, she let her blade drop to the side while rolling some of the tension from her shoulders. It had been a long morning of practice, but she still had plenty of fight in her. Er—energy, that was.

Xander was wandering rather aimlessly when he noticed the pink skinned woman practicing her saber skills at the edge of the training grounds. He watched her for a moment until she paused. He chose that moment to approach her with a smile.

"Hope that is not anyone I know."

His Ranger armor and blaster on his hip was a stark contrast to the robes most wore. He did however still carry a saber clipped to his belt. He stood a few feet away from [member="Joza Perl"] encase she still wanted to continue her practice. If she did he would simply be on his way.

[member="Xander Stanforth"] [member="Joza Perl"]

Oh her head hurt, there wasn't much else to do here compared to some of the other worlds and working or operating on sections of the world. The jedi knight rolled over off one of the ledges to well get back on her feet while she was laying there. There was someone she had seen briefly and standign there in the combat boots and pants with a tank top so she could keep most of her skin exposed where she could check her cybernetics if needed. Slowly walking with her saber on her hip and tapping her fingers along the hilt before crossing her arms with a nod. The two that were there were ones she guessed were new. It at least gave something fun to do she could think about before returning to work on some of the things in the Murr center.

[member="Xander Stanforth"] | [member="Joza Perl"]

As George wondered through the training grounds on Voss, as he took in the views of the Jedi learning all throughout the grounds. Most were with their Master or another Jedi until he wandered upon a pink Zeltron female. It seemed as she was practising Makashi, a style George believed to be too withholding, relying on your opponent to create an opening to strike, rather than creating your own. However he understood that all Jedi fought in their own way, using various styles. George however was a tricky one he mainly used a Jar`Kai variant of the forms, but was also well gathered in Niman and the basic Shii-Cho.

"Getting some practice in I see Padawan." George walked up to the lone Zeltron, at what seemed to be almost the same time as another Padawan walked up, however this one wasn't suited out in the typical Jedi robes, he was more the ranger Jedi, prepared for battle with blaster strapped to his leg. He had met this fellow before briefly, but couldn't quite remember him.

“Hm?” Joza had tucked her training sword between her arm and her body as she tilted the canteen she’d brought along to her lips. After taking a heavy swig of water the Zeltron capped the flask, offering a small, polite smile to the two that had approached her. She only knew a few other Silver Jedi personally, and she figured it would be good to expand and maybe even make some friends.

She tilted her gaze to the armored man first, a short snort of amusement escaping her lips. “If they are, tell them they need to work on their defenses.” Her eyes drifted to the saber hilt clasped at his waist, a brow shifting slightly upward.

Shifting her attention to the Nautolan Jedi, she paused for a moment as she tried to bring a name to the face. She’d seen him around the temple before, but eventually came to the conclusion that they’d not met. “I try to whenever I can,” She responded, using her free hand to smooth back her hair, most of which was held back into a tight bun. “Padawan Joza Perl, new to the Silver Sanctum.” She dipped her head in a mock bow to the pair, her eyes catching the familiar pink skin and dark violet hair of a Zeltron a little ways away. That’s…another Zeltron! Her heart beat a little more rapidly in her chest, so far surprised to see that the Sanctum had more Jedi of her race than the Alliance had.

[member="Xander Stanforth"]|[member="Bellalika]|[member="George O Rourke"]

[member="Joza Perl"] - [member="George O Rourke"] - [member="Xander Stanforth"] - [member="Bellalika"]

The planet had been quiet... At least, it seemed to be from the earshot of one Jedi Master Joshua DragonsFlame. It had been quite some time since he had reported in to the planet belonging to the Silver Sanctum, formerly the Silver Jedi. His attempts to reconcile with and work with the Jedi Order, and balance his time between it and the Sanctum for the betterment of the galaxy had.. Come rather short, due to the Order beginning to break the reasons that he had returned for to begin with, and Corvus leaving and apparently soon being replaced by a foolish man that he had no respect for... The Jedi Master had a lot of decisions to make.

But those were decisions to make another day.

He had come to meditate. To relax. To file his report with the Sanctum, and then take some time out to collect his thoughts. Josh would be back in the farthest corners of the Outer Rim again before long... He tended to spend his time out there, dealing with slavery on lesser known planets that weren't generally on the radar of The Republic or other so called "heroes". He had found and freed slaves from across the galaxy here... Even those who had been kidnapped on planets as well known as Tatooine, or Naboo... Or even Coruscant itself. The slavers had thought kidnapping them and bringing them to lesser known areas meant they could do their business and get away with it... But the Jedi Master had taken it upon himself to make a habit of proving them wrong.

For now... He relaxed. Immersed in the world around him, in the Force, in his surroundings... His cares, his worries, every stress faded away. Nothing but silence...

And then voices woke him from his stupor.

Brimming brown eyes opened to the world, ears trying to hear the source of them. His curiosity had been piqued...

He would move a strand of golden blonde hair from his eyes as he would get to his feet, kicking his stiff legs a little bit after having them crossed for so long to get the numbing feelings away. A short walk would bring him to the source of the ruckus. A couple of what he assumed to be Silver Sanctum Jedi. He didn't recognize any of them, of course, so he considered saying hello.

"I see some new faces here" The Jedi spoke with a small smile as he approached the group. "Or at least... New to me. I've been out in the depths of the Outer Rim for a rather long time, admittedly..."

Xander smiled at [member="Joza Perl"] giving her a smile. Turning to [member="George O Rourke"] he gave the man a small bow.

"Knight O Rouke it has been a while...........not since the crystal cave trip with Master Heavenshield."

Xander back to Joza.

"Xander Stanforth, Antarian Ranger Recruit and part time Jedi Padawan."

In doing so Xander was sure to at least answer the most important questions of [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] and [member="Bellalika"] if she had any.

"Makashi is a favorite of mine as well though I have not practiced in some time since I started training with the Rangers."

[member="Xander Stanforth"] [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] [member="Joza Perl"] [member="George O Rourke"]

Oh my there was more of them showing up as she looked them over, a knight she knew by reputation and being possibly the only one of his species in the sanctum and Dragonsflame whom she knew from way back in the order. Well not to bad and there seemed to be something from the girl for a moment but she wasn't certain it.... It was like she had never seen another zeltron before. "Knight Bellalika Leavey." She said her name while hearing about makashi and raising an eyebrow before waiting to see what the others were going to do while her attention went to the zeltron with a look. "I saw you before but didn't really catch your name."

Sorel Crieff

Ready are you? What know you of ready?
Sorel was at that tipping point. She could no longer be considered the newcomer to the Silver Jedi, but nor was she a fixture or fitting either. As she walked to the training area, keen to work on her saber skills, she recognised as many as were unfamiliar to her. All received the same short formal bow as she passed them and she was pleased when she could put a name to the face. The recent sparring session and open discussion forum had made it feel more like the old days.

And her days as the loner were drawing to a close. She was not gregarious yet, not by any means, and preferred one-to-one dialogue still, but she was able to engage in social chit-chat and felt less uncomfortable than she had only a few short weeks ago.

So she removed her cloak and took her two sabers from her belt and performed the training exercises she'd been shown, repeating the cycle of moves with increasing repetition.

[member="Bellalika"] [member="Xander Stanforth"] [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] [member="Joza Perl"] [member="George O Rourke"]

[member="Sorel Crieff"] | [member="Bellalika"] | [member="Xander Stanforth"] | [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] | [member="Joza Perl"]

As George spoke to the young Padawan she replied, introducing herself as the two had not officially met. "Ahh yes, Knight George O Rourke. I have spent some a lot of time off world lately, probably why this is the first time we've really met." He replied to the young Zeltron before the ranger replied, they had met before, a while back at the crystal caves, however he was still unsure of his name. However as the man turned to Joza he answered George's unasked question. "It is good to see you again Xander, its been a while." He replied to the young man as more people seemed to gather around.

However whilst this was going on another young Padawan seemed to be training close by, the sound of her blades igniting caught his ear. He turned to watch her as she moved fluently through the air with both sabers. It was graceful and precise, something that greatly appealed to George.

[member="George O Rourke"]/[member="Sorel Crieff"]/[member="Bellalika"]/[member="Xander Stanforth]/[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

“It’s nice to formally meet you both, Padawan Stanforth and Knight O Rourke.” She smiled vaguely, eyes passing between the two as they seemed to have met each other before. “I must say, I haven’t heard of a Padawan-ranger before.” She added with a soft chuckle, noting his armor. “And Makashi is becoming a favorite of mine as well.”

When she pulled her attention away from the two, she’d found that the Zeltron Jedi she’d spotted in the distance had approached their group. At the same time, a blond man she was sure she hadn’t seen before joined them as well. Busy training grounds today. The girl mused briefly on her own thoughts, but in truth she was happy to have this much interaction with her fellow Jedi. As standoffish and unapproachable as she could seem at times, Joza was really a sociable creature, and she hadn’t been this social since leaving home.

“Pleasure to meet you as well, Knight Leavey. I’m Padawan Joza Perl. It’s been a while since I’ve seen another Zeltron, so you’re a sight for sore eyes.” She smiled as warmly as she could manage, hoping that the other woman wouldn’t take it the wrong way. She turned her focus to the blond man, regarding him with a curious yet polite look, conscious of her movement and expressions. “I think I might be the newest of the bunch here, but I’m an Alliance transfer.” A hand went up to rub at the back of her head. “I wonder what I’ve done to attract a crowd. Then again, it seems like the Jedi on Voss are a bit more open.” A half-smile accompanied her words as she fiddled with the hair pins at the back of her head.

As she tilted her head up again, her gaze caught the form of another young woman a little ways away, dual sabers twisting fluidly as she went through some motions that Joza recognized. The pink Padawan was transfixed for a few moments by the meticulous blade work. Who said that saber forms couldn’t be an art?

"Well whenever there is new people everyone likes to show up and show their support." She said it while looking at all of the others and yeah a lot of people the least of which made this a fun time. "Also depends on what else you might have planned.... Me, I'd organize a team and go raid the Wey'lan ponics bays, get some nice food and have a party... but that is because I embraced making my sister upset a long time ago." She was laughing a little wickedly before moving a little more in and cocked her hip to the side. "So anyone got an idea of what to do for fun?"

[member="Joza Perl"] - [member="George O Rourke"] - [member="Xander Stanforth"] - [member="Bellalika"] - [member="Sorel Crieff"]

Well, this was certainly a lively bunch. The Jedi Master didn't recognize most of the group, aside from possibly Bellalika, who he couldn't recall from where, but he'd seen her face before.

"I specialize in Makashi myself" The Jedi Master would speak, smiling faintly. "But I always try and keep other styles sharp... You never know what people can throw, after all. But having something you can say you're good at in comparison to others.... Well, there's nothing wrong with that" He would add. His gaze turned toward Perl's remarks toward him.

"Ah... Alliance transfer. I always seem to forget about the Alliance... But I've been gone for so long, doing my thing... I haven't heard much about it" The Jedi would admit with a light chuckle. "I'm originally from the Republic Jedi Order, but..... Well... Some people don't like me. That's their problem. I do my job and I like doing it."

He would then look around at the rest of the group, realizing he hadn't introduced himself as the rest of them did.

"Josh" He introduced calmly as he looked from each person to the next. "Josh DragonsFlame."

"Jedi Master."

[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] [member="Bellalika"] [member="Joza Perl"] [member="George O Rourke"] [member="Sorel Crieff"] [member="Xander Stanforth"]

The Traveler sat quietly in the darkness of the room he had chosen for his evening reverie, his helmet laid against his bent knees and his palms upon his thighs. The sweet aroma of spices and sweets in his incense filled his nostrils and the delicate sound of of the crystal shards circling above him as he concentrated on his inner thoughts. It was rare for him to be without his helmet on and even rarer in a place someone could appear at any moment but in his long life he had learned to take such pleasures when ever possible after all he could be felled by a sith saber in the next moment or shot down by some lowly thug.

Fickle a master was the force, like a raging torrent of a flash flood but with a gentle kiss like a warm summer breeze filled with the scent of fruited trees. An out stretched hand came up and the myriad of crystals closed towards his palm and began to circle and take form before extending outward again. He exhaled, an eye opening as he heard the noise of others. He sighed as he clutched his fist collecting his meditation crystals and placing them inside one of the pouches on his armor. His hands clutched his helmet with almost reverence as he placed it on his head and twisted it with a snap as the seal locked into place.

As he exited the meditation chamber he looked at the assembled... younglings.... twirling his katana before one graceful movement placed it into its sheathe beside its twin wazikashi. He turned his head as he eyed them, trying to take stock of each of them assembled and his gaze fell on the master. The only one who had the potential to prove a challenge, of course these were jedi and not sith so he had no need to keep his guard up.

" forms...only pigeon hole you. Strong in one aspect, weak in others. One should be as steel, hard yet bendable. For those talented in combat can exploit your weakness" he said in his cold, metallic voice. " to be exploited is death".

[member="The Traveler"] | [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] | [member="Bellalika"] | [member="Joza Perl"] | [member="Sorel Crieff"] | [member="Xander Stanforth"]

As George had his head facing the young Jedi training he continued to listen to the conversation being had behind him. As Joza replied to his introduction her turned briefly looking at her and giving a slight nod of the head in recognition. As the group grew ever larger they continued to chat amongst themselves, George curiously looking in every now and then looking at the people there. Then the blond man introduced himself, Josh Dransflame, a Master. One of he had no met, this caught George's attention. However he kept his silence. He continued to watch the Padawan train as it was a beautiful display, and by the looks of it, she had caught a few others as well.

However something else caught him, a feeling, a feeling of darkness. He turned around to see a big thing, clad in armour walking towards them. He watched as the man twirling his Katana like nothing, before sliding it away. George was immediately one the defensive, the armour, the mask it all pointed to one thing... An enemy. However it didn't seem to want to fight. Calm as anything he walked over towards them. Offering his two cents on the matter. However his point was valid, however George still took a few steps away, just in case, his hands by his side close to his hilts in case anything were to happen. He continued to stay quiet however, not wanting to make a situation out of nothing.

Sorel Crieff

Ready are you? What know you of ready?
Sorel heard the dialogue and held her tongue. She was a Padawan and although she had a mind and followed and therefore understood the Code, she was not going to even begin to lecture anyone on the finer points of being a Jedi. So she did what she usually did, she listened and she learned all she could. Taking in every view for later review and analysis and for discussion with her Master.

Meanwhile she continued to practice, now clipping her two sabers together to form a staff, covering first the third Form before reverting to her favoured style. Again her process was meticulous, she would start slowly, ensuring each move was executed to the best of her ability before slowly speeding up, building up to full pace only after she was confident there were no obvious flaws.

[member="George O Rourke"] [member="The Traveler"] [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] [member="Bellalika"] [member="Joza Perl"] [member="Xander Stanforth"]

[member="Sorel Crieff"]/[member="George O Rourke"]/[member="The Traveler"]/[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]/[member="Bellalika"]

Joza’s eyes widened a little at Bellalika’s description of fun for a moment. Most Jedi she had met so far were more reserved, but count on a Zeltron to bring a little fun to the party. Actually, the partying part is what appealed to her the most. How she longed for the days on Zeltros where every night turned into a party with copious amounts of spice and alcohol. Granted, she didn’t actually remember much of it, but she recalled often wishing that she was somewhere else.

“That sounds like a bit much for a first meeting…maybe a spar, perhaps? If anyone is up to it.” She flashed the other woman a smile, rolling her shoulders to release some of the tension.

When the blond had introduced himself, Joza quickly dipped her head in a mock bow. “It’s an honor to meet you, Master DragonsFlame.” He was the second Sanctum Master she’d met, the first being Jericho Hex on Sullust. Straightening herself, she nodded in agreement. Joza was afraid that if she favored one style too much, she’d end up relying on it without others to supplement it. This served as a reminder for her to keep practicing the different forms she knew.

“The Republic…” The pink skinned girl tilted her head in thought. She hadn’t heard good things about them lately. Her head instinctively turned more to the side to meet the strange metallic voice as it spoke, her eyes coming to rest on a heavily armored masked man. She hadn’t seen him around before, but she was new to the Sanctum. What made her wary though, was Knight O Rourke’s reaction to him. The Nautolan Jedi had been watching the Padawan with the twin sabers, now joined together to form a staff when the new arrival had appeared.

What? She tilted her head, taking a few moments to absorb his words before speaking. “What do you mean?” Her question was simple, but the Padawan was truly interested to know what he meant. “All forms have their own strengths and weaknesses, right? Many of them compensate for another’s downfalls.” Her tone was curious and probing as her eyes slid over towards Master Dragonsflame to see his reaction.

[member="Joza Perl"]

Well a spar could be done, if they weren't going to have fun... then get sweaty and same effect. "A spar can work though there is an odd collection here and." She trailed off hearing the others and just relaxed rather liking it. THe conversation of forms was there and well nothing beat a cyborg with a crushgaunt using djem so.... just grab their blade and punch them in the face. Yeah she was kind of a dick thinking about it and standing there while looking them over. SHe wondered what the jedi master would say while moving to stand next to Joza witha nod of her head.

The Jedi Master would look toward [member="Bellalika"] for a moment, still slightly chuckling to himself when it was made very much obvious just what she perceived to be her idea of "fun". Regardless, he looked from one Jedi to the next, letting each one get their word out while he simply smiled in turn. This was quite the talkative lot.... What place did he have to discourage it?

His gaze first turned to [member="The Traveler"] and his harsh words, and he would smirk a bit before addressing him. "To be blunt, as skilled in Makashi as I am.... Try to face me down with another style, and see how that works out for you" The Jedi spoke calmly, his gaze never leaving his eyes as he said his piece. It was true that a Jedi should try to be an all-around fighter... But if you happened to be more gifted in one thing, there was no problem in using it so long as you would be able to survive without it. Of course, Josh's expression never stopped smiling or smirking. There was no malice in his face... Only amusement, serenity.... Calm. The point he was making was to never underestimate an opponent merely because they specialized in a style.... They could quite easily switch to another if they knew it well and soon enough, well... You'd find yourself with no head between your shoulders.

He would then look to [member="Joza Perl"] and nod in turn. "And a pleasure to meet you as well, my dear" He spoke softly with a light smile.

"I suppose a spar would be a better method of.... Fun" The Jedi would admit with a light chuckle. "But I'm not entirely sure if my participation would be seen as fair among every member of this little party."

Joshua DragonsFlame Bellalika Joza Perl George O Rourke Sorel Crieff Xander Stanforth

[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

" Makashi. hmph" he said as he shook his head " As basic as it gets in almost every capacity, useful to engage another duelist not so much everyone else. Though your skill can mitigate the forms basic flaw against a less skilled opponent, an equally skilled yet stronger opponent still has an advantage and the ability to exploit your weakness" he said in his cold metallic voice as he looked around at the young ones. He cared little for their lives, like his former sith brethren they were pawns to be used and expended in the greater scheme of things.

[member="Joza Perl"]

" Some compensate, some do not and others are glaringly void. They rely to much on technicality and put you to deeply into a niche. Few of them are worth consideration as a style to focus on and others are..... a foundation. Form 1 and 2 both have glaring weaknesses and together they do not compensate much. Though both should be learned as a foundation.. Makashi" he said with a hinting lisp of venom " In all things balance, once sith, always dark, once jedi never light. In between the light and the darkness is balance and perfection. Much like with the forms, ignore purism and blend them together or you will find yourself at the business end of a Vong Staff or Sith Saber long before your looks fade to dust"..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom