Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Setting the Board (Rimward Trade League Govt Folks)

Cessair Berav Cessair Berav Tonzees Kaabrua Tonzees Kaabrua @other RTL system government representatives

Mya rubbed her forehead with one hand while she sifted through the pile of flimsiplast records that sat on the table in the middle of the smaller room. Circumstances had escalated beyond even her worst fears. Not just the Lux Astra Corporate Authority. But now the return of Kyrel Ren to the southern Outer Rim. The former champion of the First Order was either going rogue on behalf of himself or was operating on behalf of the Brotherhood of the Maw. They still weren't sure, as the intel was a bit complicated, as was the very existence of this... Brotherhood of Darkness?

The name amused her. Brothers of Maw. Brothers of Darkness. What was it about males and their yearning for violence and conquest? Ashin Varanin was a Sith Empress and Natasi Fortan was the leader of First Order, but beyond that, there was a distinct imbalance in the gender of those who set out on mad quests of conquest. Maybe they should prevent males from studying the Force. It would undoubtedly solve a great many problems. She let a silent chuckle ripple through her before she pushed the thoughts out of her mind.

There were more pressing concerns. The Lux Astra Corporate Fleet was building along the southern borders of the League and the Ren were elusive ghosts, while this Final Dawn built up strength in the Midrim, threatening to cut them off from the Core. Fortunately, the sectors around Naboo were not the most crucial system on their trade routes, but they still stood by their commitment.

A message came through the encrypted receiver, and she frowned, reading the report. The others were arriving for the meeting. She frowned and looked up to the others.

"Word is that the Jedi think the Ren will strike a desert world in Hutt space, perhaps over near the Silver Jedi Concord, or one they once possessed, potentially at an oasis with ruins." She finished the message and set the flimsipast down on the conference table among the others. "What's the word from the other systems? Anything from Pyeth Raffinki Pyeth Raffinki on the state of Rishi? We're still waiting on word back from our agents working the LACA on Trantor. Councilmembers, representatives, let us open the floor- what are your thoughts?"

Last edited:

Tonzees Kaabrua

Councilman of Faldos
Kaabrua was as on time as was possible with the state of the Galaxy. Faldos was getting better every day, but it had its issues and repeated setbacks that made him want to tear his montrals off. As he arrived at the designated meeting place, he did his best to appear calm and not-at-all stressed. That, sadly, resulted in his signature dry expression upon his entrance.

"A desert world in Hutt space, right," he began, mostly repeating to understand the situation and show he was listening. "I personally have not heard anything from Raffinki, but my realm of expertise isn't exactly grand wars. I imagine someone has to have heard from him, though. We need good news in the face of everything going on."

It was with this that Kaabrua took his usual seat at one of the chairs allocated for Council members, thinking of what to say next. "I do believe that the Ren are an incredible threat, as are the Lux Astra. It's just horrifically, morbidly humorous that we have a martial crisis and a financial one at the same time. Nonetheless, we should divvy up whomever is more apt for either situation rather than charging at both like rabid loth-cats."

Cessair Berav Cessair Berav Mya Jesel Mya Jesel

Tonzees Kaabrua Tonzees Kaabrua Cessair Berav Cessair Berav

Mya nodded thoughtfully, letting her eyes drift across the wide amount of information she was considering. There was more than she could easily keep track of. They really needed to invest into a new form of droids, perhaps a different model than some of the ones who had volunteered for the Rescue Service, like TE-236 TE-236 . Strategy droids, rather than tactical droids. Or, perhaps, analyst droids. She would have to talk to some of their companies and industrialists, perhaps even Torc Valhorn Torc Valhorn .

"It is deeply concerning," Mya agreed, setting down the datapads and rubbing her eyes with the palm of her hands. "Is it a coincidence, do you think? Or have I become so paranoid that it seems intentional?"

A deep breath as she pushed the thought from her mind. "You're right. Let's be deliberative with this. Break them down into priorities and steps. What would you two suggest?"

Senator of Kolanda, Representative of Latharra
Mya Jesel Mya Jesel Tonzees Kaabrua Tonzees Kaabrua

Cessair paced back and forth behind her seat, which wasn't really helping her think, but wasn't hindering her either.
"No, no, I don't think you're completely paranoid" She said, facing Jesel, "But I do think we will need more solid evidence before we can really connect them as the same threat."

She sat down again, tapping her fingers against the tabletop.

"Latharra still uses the Triellus Trade Route as our main hyperspace lane; I don't know how long we will be able to continue that with Lux Astra situated where it is.

"I am more equipped to deal with finance, but I am afraid that would not matter so much if we were not prepared to protect and help those under threat of an attack, or a blockade, even. Especially if we don't know the extent of their strength. We could first try to investigate, maybe search for evidence of an allyship between them while we're at it?"

Cessair Berav Cessair Berav Tonzees Kaabrua Tonzees Kaabrua

Mya nodded, considering their words. "Evidence of conspiracy is something to look for, although I do fear we might see evidence where there is none. It will be a delicate balance to walk between the two."

Another pause as she activated a holochart of the Outer Rim, tapping at the controls to highlight the known sites. Andelm. Polis Massa. A few others directly to their galactic south. "Our intelligence network has launched an operation to infiltrate the Lux Astra corporate headquarters on Trantor, but still waiting to hear the results from that operation. Finance though..."

She pursed her lips, considering, before looking to Cessair. "Can you follow the money trail for Lux Astra and the Ren? See where their money comes from and if there's anything we can do to hit the money directly."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom