Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Setting Sun

Hidden nearby at the Summit were a few people. One of them was Jairdain. When Ra'a'mah called out for the Hand to appear, she had done just that. However, she was not actually very close to where the action was happening. Instead, she was inside the building still and this was a good thing.

Through the Force, she caught the sight of a friend and headed in his direction. Kalic Daws from the Fel Empire was present and it was clear he was having difficulty seeing. Pulling her head back for a moment in surprise, she wondered what had caused this. He had some assistance from a droid, but otherwise, he was alone.

Walking over to him, she placed a hand on his shoulder to give him a gentle squeeze.

"Take a hold of my arm and I'll guide you out of here."

[member="Kalic Daws"]

The Miraluka felt the hand on his shoulder, clearly getting spooked by it. He hadn't been able to see this whole time, so he was on edge. He could see who anyone was, and he knew something was going on, but he couldn't see anything. For a pilot, it wasn't a good thing. But then he heard the person's voice. Jairdain! He told told him to grab hold of her arm, and that she'd guide him. Kalic smiled at the offer and grabbed of her arm.

"Thanks. Can't see a thing in here. I can't block it out."

[member="Jairdain"]

There were many things Jairdain had been exposed to in her life. The chaos happening around her had very little effect and even the lizards present, she was able to work through. They only diminished the Force around them but did not block it out totally. She had been deprived of the Force totally before and it wasn't something she would want to go through again if she could avoid it.

Nodding at what Kalic said, she would wait until his hand was on her arm to start leading him away from the mess that was going on around them. Here was a Force Nexus and he wasn't ready to connect to it fully. Along with all the Force users around them, it wasn't surprising his sight had failed him. He had never expected something like this so could not prepare for what happened.

"It'll be alright, Kalic. I think it would be wise to get to a quiet part of the grounds and away from the temple."

She moved them safely through the confusion and outside. The sound of the outbreak faded behind them as the doors closed and shut them out.

[member="Kalic Daws"]

Kalic simply nodded and let Jairdain take the lead. He wouldn't have let most just lead him somewhere, but he trusted the Force wielder. As she lead lead him outside, the Miraluka could hear the battle waning. He smiled a bit at this, then looked in Jairdain's direction, starting to be able to... kind of see as they walked away from the temple. "How do you and other blind Force wielders handle places like that?"

[member="Jairdain"]

Satisfied that they were far enough to away from the commotion, she stopped when Kalic started speaking.

"If you feel we need to move further away, let me know, my friend."

She waited on his answer to her statement before giving voice to his question.

"Well, there are a few ways. You are not as strong as I am within the Force, so the amount going into you just overwhelmed your sensory system I think. That leads me to believe you might not understand control yet. In the sense of knowing what your limits are on what you can or not take in at any given time."

[member="Kalic Daws"]

Kalic smiled a bit as his vision became mostly normal. He then looked to Jairdain, nodding and saying, "Yeah. This is good." He then listened his friends explanation of what was going on. The Miraluka nodded, rubbing under his face wrap. "Sounds about right. Never really had any formal training like you did, and never been around many Force users. I didn't think it'd overwhelm me though."

[member="Jairdain"]

Since Kalic agreed this was far enough away from the Temple and the commotion within, she sat down on the ground. Patting it to indicate he should sit down with her, her unfocused gaze looked through the Forest around them. Bringing her attention back to him, Jairdain nodded when he said he had not had any sort of formal training. That was something she could at least get him started with. Something was better than nothing at all.

"Do you have any training at all?"

Due to his race, he already used the Force to see with and had helped her to fine tune her sight a bit more. Now it would be her turn to help him. First, she needed to know what he already had knowledge of and go from there.

[member="Kalic Daws"]

Kalic admittedly looked a bit embarrassed when asked if he had any training. The man sighed a bit before answering.

"Not really. I was born on a freighter in the Outer Rim, and my parents never really gave me training before I lost them. Not something ya really think about when it's just... natural, and when you're somewhere you never really encounter something like this."

[member="Jairdain"]

She felt the embarrassment flow off Kalic when he answered her question. However, if he expected to get any sort of negative reaction from her, he was mistaken. There were so many people that didn't have training. Not just when it dealt with the Force either. This was just an aspect of their lives, not the whole thing. Nodding, Jairdain decided the best route to take with him was to get him started with some basics.

"Do you know how to meditate?"

This seemed to be the first question she asked of her students. Kalic was more than a simple student though, they were comrades in arms and had fought side by side. He had even taught her some skills in piloting.

"Have you ever been without the Force?"

[member="Kalic Daws"]

Kalic looked at Jairdain when she asked if he knew how to do meditation. He honestly didn't know. He had heard of how to do meditation, but had never actually done it himself.

"I've heard of how to do it, but I've never actually done it." She then asked if he had ever been without the Force, which he already knew the answer to. He gave a nod, remembering the day.

"I was six, maybe seven. My parents were making a run to a station, sort of a shadow port, that used what I just call stupid sap suckers to keep Forcer users from using it. Jee had to finish the flight in."

[member="Jairdain"]

Nodding when he answered her, Jairdain knew she had a bit of work to do with him. Taking a seat on the ground, she patted it to invite Kalic to join her. Once he was on the ground, she made herself comfortable.

"As you know, I rely heavily on the Force for my day to day life. You and I are alike in that aspect, we both use it to see the world around us. Now the Force flows through everything and I feel you might not have a full and controlled connection to it. Meditation will help with that. First make yourself comfortable, Kalic."

When he was ready, she closed her physical eyes. Even though they did her no good, it was a habit of her. Kalic didn't have any to close, so she had to take that into consideration in her lesson giving.

"Alright, what I want you to do it focus on me to start. When you have shut everything else out around you except me, let me know."

This might be harder for him to accomplish, but Jairdain was patient and gave him all the time he needed.

[member="Kalic Daws"]

Kalic was quick to sit down, still happy that Jairdain was willing to help him. She explained how they were alike in some of their use of the Force. They both used the Force to see, Kalic by nature and Jairdain by training. She noted that a full connection to it, which was probably true. So she asked him to get comfortable so that he could attempt meditation. Kalic quickly got himself in a comfortable position and looked over at Jardain.

"Ok. Now what?" The Miraluka listened again. So he needed to try and block everything out but her. The pilot just looked around, taking a deep breath and doing his best to block everything out. First, he tried to focus on what was in front of him. That was easy for him. Kalic was a pilot, and use to focusing on everything in front of him. Blocking everything else out was the hard part. He spent a good ten minute trying to focus only on Jairdain, but it had at least seemed to pay off. He was finally focused in. Kalic then looked at the Jedi.

"I think I have it, Jairdain."

[member="Jairdain"]

She thought to make it easier for him to focus only on her and hummed softly to give him something to concentrate on. He didn't take as long as some people and Jairdain thought maybe it was because he could already use the Force. That couldn't be the only reason he for his success though. Something for her to think on and try to figure out.

Once Kalic said he thought he had the focus needed, she nodded.

"Alright now focus on your breathing and heartbeat. Along with my voice. This focus is the second step. Once you have accomplished this, you will be ready to begin meditation. That is a key to controlling. It allows you to control what you pick up, receive and put out."

[member="Kalic Daws"]

Kalic nodded, giving a simple "Ok" before doing his best to focus. It wasn't necessarily hard for him, but this was different. This wasn't focusing on a starfighter, or how the Starcrest was feeling as he flew it, this was focusing on things that the Miraluka just usually didn't have to keep in mind. Either way, the blind pilot had to try. So Kalic took a breath, doing his best to focus on just his breathing, heart, and Jairdain's voice. This didn't come as easily for him as the first bit of focusing. He tried to focus, and with some time finally seemed to be, well, close at least. Once he figured that he had focused in, Kalic spoke up.

"I... I think I have it."

[member="Jairdain"]

As patient as Kalic was when teaching her how to fly that ship, Jairdain was patient with him. Meditation was second nature to her and the route she guided her friend through was no longer needed by her. All she had to do was close her eyes and take a few breaths. After that, she was in a light meditative state. When she sensed him reaching the point where they could connect, she did just that.

Closing her eyes, she opened herself to the Force and through that reached out to Kalic. When she did, he might feel her soft touch on him. Not revealing her entire being to him, she wanted to test his focus. Too much all at once could knock him out of the meditation.

Can you hear me, Kalic? This is telepathy and while we are working on this, it will be easier and less disruptive to communicate in this manner. Are you able to think back to me?

Hoping this wasn't too much for him to take in, Jairdain waited to learn how he reacted.

[member="Kalic Daws"]

Kalic kept his focus, trying to keep everything from distracting him. It was then that he felt a bit of a... touch. It defocused him for a second, but he managed to bring himself back into it. He then heard a voice. Was that, Jairdain? He could hear her ask if he could hear her, and explained that it would be less disruptive to do things this way. He really didn't know what to think. For one, it was weird to think about having someone else in his head, but Jairdain was also an expert on the Force, so she would know what was best. He soon tried to think out to her, but he couldn't really hide how weird this was for him.

I can try. This is sorta weird though.

[member="Jairdain"]

It wasn't as if she was in his mind so much as touching him with the Force. She could have easily trampled through his memory if she wanted, but it wasn't her nature to do that. There also wasn't any need for it.

She felt his discomfort and attempted to send him some comforting with her touch.

For the first few times, it will be weird. Unless you decide to use telepathy regularly then it will always be slightly odd. Now I am going to be pushing you to your limits here and exposing you to greater power. What you need to learn is how to block it from overwhelming you totally like in the Temple.

Due to her connection with the Force and nature around them, Jairdain had at far greater power than many people. She would not be able to provide Kalic with full training, but just get him started. He would need to practice further on his own.

[member="Kalic Daws"]

Kalic mentally nodded, Jairdain's Force touch and words calming him a bit. He then heard her say that she was about to test him. The Miraluka took a breath, readying himself for what his student pilot turned Force teacher was going to do. He then thought out to her, seeming to be ready...ish.

Ok. Let's try this. As Jairdain increased the Force energy around him, Kalic began to try and block the energy from his vision. Not so much that he'd block out any vision, but enough to block out the energy (maybe).

[member="Jairdain"]

Since Jairdain was not able to see what Kalic saw, she could only sense what he was feeling through the Force when she started to push his limits, she withdrew slightly. Maintaining the current pressure on his senses, once he had gained control over his sight, she pressed in again.

Each moment that passed made him stronger in his control ability. Not yet revealing everything to him, Jairdain gave him all the time he needed to process everything. Time and again, she pushed him and pulled back. Testing his boundaries, but not pushing hard enough to break him.

As his resistance to her power grew she smiled. A sense of pride, pleasure and accomplishment moved from her to him.

I will never be as great as what you faced in the Temple but this is a start. Same as flying, this it takes practice. I would suggest exposing yourself to power sources. Maybe other strong people or locations.

The Temple was one example of a location. Inside it was a nexus, but right now that might be too great for him.

[member="Kalic Daws"]

As Jairdain pressed Kalic, the Miraluka did his best to press back. Each time he got struggled, but managed to push it back. While he couldn't really feel himself becoming more powerful, he could tell he was able to resist more and more. He continued to push as much as he could until he could hear Jairdain again. She suggested that, like piloting, he'd have to practice by exposing himself to others and places with high amount of Force sensitivity. He smiled a bit thinking back.

Sound like familiar advice. I'll keep it up, and thank you. Looks like we're both students and teachers now.

[member="Jairdain"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom