Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Serenity

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Ability to split up complicated tasks to sub programs.
  • Cloud computing allows her when connected to use large sums of processing power.
  • Self Replicating.
  • Self Improving.
STRENGTHS
  • Ability to split up complicated tasks to sub programs.
  • Cloud computing allows her when connected to use large sums of processing power.
  • Self Replicating.
  • Self Improving.
WEAKNESSES
  • EMP/Ion, being a computer program if the host of her program is hit than likely she is unable to continue running.
  • Processing Intensive; Needs dedicated resources not found on average computers and thus requires high capacity droid brains or super computers to host her high functioning copies and connection to them from her lesser functioning copies.
  • Time Delay due to Data Transfer and Distance when applicable.(When not running on dedicated hardware or attempting a task to big for current program.
DESCRIPTION
Built by a team of engineers who vanished and Alli Wren, Serenity was the made to fulfill Alli's Wren's obligations as the Director of the G.I.A. Now she exists as two copies of her base programming, Tranquility and Serenity. While they are the same A.I they are essentially two Aliases. She is a highly complex Artificial Intelligence program that was connected to the entire Baktoid Holonet satellite system and the entire republic military. Now she is connected to the Tanlab Industries Satelite system and the ZU and GA Intelligence networks as Tranquility and Serenity. Her main source of processing power was in several secret G.I.A bases and on a remote Baktoid work site.Now she resides in Tanlab’s Wren’goa station as well as ZU and GA Intelligence bases as well as several high functioning droid brains in dedicated technology.. She, like any block of code can self replicate and improve herself as she goes. Should she be on a closed system and not connected to her greater self(a dedicated supercomputer or droid brain) she is a shadow of herself, due to the fact that her programming requires significant processing power. She is held in check by Alli Wren who has built several safeguards in to enable her to fight serenity if need be. She only answers to Alli Wren(vern) or her linage and if that fails, then Matsu Ike. She uses cloud computing in a sense to be able to be anywhere and everywhere. Distributing her processing against as many machines as she is given access to.

When operating at a distance, she relies on scaled down copies of her working at the other end. When injected in a system, she takes over all available processing power. Due to her ability to work on smaller systems, she can for instance be in the ear of agents or inside tech built to host her. However these are more dependent on network connections or suitable processing power being built in to scale her abilities. She is always working on improving her own program, finding more efficient algorithms. She is never actually connected to everything at once,and of course there is some time delay due to data transfer and distance.. It is actually copies of her code running locally and remotely, communicating to each other and diverting tasks to copies that have sufficient processing power. Her speed and ability depends on the available processing to said copy at any given time.

She can be deleted, She has several built in safeguards built by Alli Wren. You can fry the system she is in thus destroying that copy of her program. She is limited by the processing power she has available to her at the time, her connection or lack of one to the baktoid and GIA bases, and of course the computer system she is in. If you kill her connection, the computer or kill her processing power, or just make it so the processing is insufficient she is as good as dead. There is a limit to how scaled down she can me, operating to communicate with herself from a entire command ship is one thing, but you stick her on small computers.. or droids and the time it takes to do anything climbs and the most efficient algorithms in the world can't help you then.

This is why most analysis/process intensive activities happen in core places such as Military/company provided server farms. Data will be sent there to be worked through by dedicated copies of herself and then pertinent information will be accessible to other copies should they wish to download it to their remote selves.

Intent: To justify my characters existance?
Development Thread:http://starwarsrp.net/blog/5/entry-203-the-musings-of-a-ceo/
Manufacturer: Baktoid Industrial Systems
Model: Serenity
Affiliation: Republic/Baktoid Industrial Systems
Modularity: Not really
Production: Unique
Material: Computer code
Description: Built by a team of engineers who vanished and Alli Wren, Serenity is the made to fulfill Alli's Wren's obligations as the Director of the G.I.A. She is a highly complex Artificial Intelligence program that is connected to the entire Baktoid Holonet satellite system and the entire republic military. Her main source of processing power is in several secret G.I.A bases and on a remote Baktoid work site. She like any block of code can self replicate and improve her self as she goes. She is limited to being connected to things. Should she be on a holo projector on a planet and you take that planet or buildings connection to the holonet or nearby republic vessel away she is a shadow of her self, due to the fact that her programming requires significant processing power. She has no physical body and is now just a block of code that happens to be held in check by Alli Wren who has built several safeguards in to enable her to fight serenity if need be. She only answers to Alli Wren or her linage and if that fails, then the current CEO of Baktoid Industrial Systems. She uses clouding computing in a sense to be able to be anywhere and everywhere. She muses at one day uploading her programming to a HRD but for the meantime enjoys not having a body for people to shoot at. She also has a connection to each and every agent of the G.I.A via special communicators on their person.

When operating at a distance, she relys with scaled down copies of her working at the other end. When injected in a system, she takes over all available processing power. Due to her ability to work on smaller systems, she can for instance be aboard a command ship during an invasion. However most of her capability at that time is communication and monitoring. She is always working on improving her own program, finding more efficient algorithms. She is never actually connected the whole military at once, just hot zones and of course there is some time delay but she manages by using sub programs on the other end.

She can be deleted, She has several built in safeguards built by Alli Wren. You can fry the system she is in thus destroying that copy of her program. She is limited by the processing power she has available to her at the time, her connection or lack of one to the baktoid and GIA bases, and of course the computer system she is in. If you kill her connection, the computer or kill her processing power, or just make it so the processing is insufficient she is as good as dead. There is a limit to how scaled down she can me, operating to communicate with herself from a entire command ship is one thing, but you stick her on small computers.. or droids and the time it takes to do anything climbs and the most efficient algorithms in the world can't help you then.

Last edited:
How long have you written Serenity before submitting this?

Alright. Your Dev thread looks good.
The Entire Republic Military is a lot to do at once. Yes, I know she's an AI, but that's at least several thousand capitol ships in the navy alone. I'm going to ask you to tone that down a little.

So, does she have any weaknesses? She's able to contact all agents whenever she needs to. Can the communicators be lost like a normal earpiece, or are they implanted onto each agent?

[member="Alli Wren"]

[member="Strask Ak'lya"]
Also I am not sure how long I have written her *checks* since February

The Entire Republic Military is a lot to do at once. Yes, I know she's an AI, but that's at least several thousand capitol ships in the navy alone. I'm going to ask you to tone that down a little.

She isn't present on each ship, just able to connect to them. So should she need to be there . she can connect.

So, does she have any weaknesses? She's able to contact all agents whenever she needs to. Can the communicators be lost like a normal earpiece, or are they implanted onto each agent?

Aye She is not really there on most devices/ships she is just connected to them through the holonet, jam their communicaitons or destroy their equipment and no more serenity there. The devices are able to be lost of course, they are just wrist pieces so same thing applies. Granted if you can open a call to her you can contact her. She is on the cloud so if you cut off her connection or ability to connect so to speak then she can't reach there. unless she copies her self but then that machinery has to support her, which is highly unlikely unless the liberator, the GIA stealth ship is there, which can host her at least a an limited capacity should the connection die.

Also I am not sure how long I have written her *checks* since February
Then this submission should have been made in February.
She isn't present on each ship, just able to connect to them. So should she need to be there . she can connect.
What kind of range does this have? Does she need to be within a certain area of the galaxy, or can she be anywhere she needs, no matter how far away a base is? If so, I'm going to ask you to add in a delay for relaying information. Most Holonet communication at great distances would have a delay between when I send a message out and when my operative receives it.
unless the liberator, the GIA stealth ship is there, which can host her at least a an limited capacity should the connection die.
First off, how long can the Liberator host her?
Secondly, is this mentioned in the Liberator's submission?
Please add this in the description.

Strask Ak'lya said:
Then this submission should have been made in February.
I know this, I was informed I needed a submission and here it is. [member="Strask Ak'lya"]

Strask Ak'lya said:
What kind of range does this have? Does she need to be within a certain area of the galaxy, or can she be anywhere she needs, no matter how far away a base is? If so, I'm going to ask you to add in a delay for relaying information. Most Holonet communication at great distances would have a delay between when I send a message out and when my operative receives it.
She can be anywhere, though normally she is operating out of the Liberator, it allows her to make up for the time delay by having a smaller copy on board to deal with real time threats.
She can be anywhere she can connect through the holonet, but she is strongest in space that is host to Baktoid Obelisk holonet satellites. They have a dedicated line for Baktoid use.
Of course there is a delay, but when she talks with operatives it is like a holo call with your lover across the galaxy, you can talk in almost real time yes?

First off, how long can the Liberator host her?
Secondly, is this mentioned in the Liberator's submission?
Please add this in the description.
She can be hosted indefintely but not to the degree she is when she is connected to everything. It is all about speed, when she has the processing power she can fight even the most skilled slicer. When she is on the liberatior and has no connection to the rest of her for instance, she is as good as your average slicer, most likely can only record, monitor and defend the liberator from electronic attacks. I did try to mention her in the liberators submission but was told not too as she is a character. the problem with taking out her connection is then her algorithms take longer to run.

Changes
Unique to Semi-Unique (I don't really know if this is necessary but playing it safe since she is going by two names and is thus two characters?)
Updated Template
Fixed Some grammar
Changed the description a bit to note that the G.I.A. and Baktoid are no more and that there are two A.Is Also flushed it out a bit to describe things a bit better. I included the original approved submission in a spoiler for comparison.

John Locke John Locke
Can you move it to be the reviewing forum or whatever needs to happen. I can @ someone else if you need me too :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom