Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Separatists, Separatists Everywhere! | First Order Dominion of Samovar

Aktur Seii

ᴀ sʜᴀᴅᴏᴡ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ
"BLACK FIVE"
SHIELDS (34%)
HULL (72%)
██████████
██████████
STARFIGHTER SYSTEMS:
Adv Sensor Array
Stealth Generator
MISSILES:
ST7 Concussion Missile ST7 Concussion Missile ST7 Concussion Missile ST7 Concussion Missile Mag-Pulse Warhead Mag-Pulse Warhead Mag-Pulse Warhead Mag-Pulse Warhead Proton Torpedo Proton Torpedo Proton Torpedo Proton Torpedo

blacksquad_slim.png

OBJECTIVE 2
Go Deep, Go Hard

"Yeah, slow as a nertslug but gettin' there, Boss," Skash said with some strain in his voice, as he winced at the console in front of him. Red lights, save for a few white. Seemed things weren't ideal, but at least the starfighter was moving and controllable. For now. "And copy that, headed back to the hangar. Pretty sure my hull is punctured, but flight suit is still intact, so should be a-okay."

Speaking of, the rookie did a quick check of his suit. Just to make sure. There were some things Skash was willing to do, some limits to push, but when it came to the vacuum of space and a torn suit? Nope. As others from Black Squadron called in, they all seemed in various states of disrepair and damage, so Black Five didn't feel too bad about his circumstances.

Could be worse. Could be dead in space.

The TIE sputtered a bit, as the ion engines surged with lowering power levels, followed by sparks as they tried to restart. Breaking through atmosphere had been difficult, it had involved Skash doing some incremental flight, rather than straight upward to space. Still, at least the TIE made it, and the Star Destroyer ahead was in reach. Skash activated his comm.

"This is Black Five, we're going to need some tow cables out here for some of our TIEs," The rookie said with a clear of his throat, as he deepened his voice for an authoritative resonance. "Black Leader is on aux power, and several other fighters are limping along. Also confirming mission complete, the drilling platform has been destroyed, core breach averted, command."

After a confirmation, Skash smirked and switched over to Eleven's frequency, as he glanced down to the radar screen that was on the fritz. He couldn't help but add a playful tone to his voice, as he spoke to her directly:

"You doin' okay, Eleven?" He said before he eased back in the pilot chair and grinned. "Oh. And thanks for checking me out. If you need a wingman to check your six, I'm all thrusters and sensors green."

Jaida Tess

J

"BLACK ELEVEN"
SHIELDS (100%)
HULL (100%)
██████████
██████████
STARFIGHTER SYSTEMS:
Adv Sensor Array
Stealth Generator
MISSILES:
ST7 Concussion Missile ST7 Concussion Missile ST7 Concussion Missile ST7 Concussion Missile Mag-Pulse Warhead Mag-Pulse Warhead Mag-Pulse Warhead Mag-Pulse Warhead Proton Torpedo Proton Torpedo

blacksquad_slim.png

OBJECTIVE 2
Go Deep, Go Hard...

Go Fast, Go Slow

Jaida made a grimacing face from behind her helmet as she listened to her fellow squadmates call in their statuses one after another It was a sad affair. She felt a bit guilty because it was her shot that set off the massive explosion in the mining shaft that baked the fighters.

But to be fair, Black Leader did tell her to take it. Everyone was aware it wouldn't be a milk run by any means so it was what it was. They had completed the mission and all were alive so that is what mattered most Jaybird was sure though she'd have to buy them all a round of drinks after they got back aboard the FIV Voritor II and summitted their after-action reports.

<"Black Leader, this is Eleven. I'm all green and barely medium rare. I'll keep overwatch for the squadron until we reach the ship," the blonde keyed over the squadron's frequency, then a few ticks later toggled over to the ship to ship channel as Mr. Hotshot was hailing her.

<"I'm all good. Thanks for inquiring," Jay answered Skash, then added with a smirk gracing her lips. <"Ha! Yeah, you and half the Starfighter Corps. I'll see you on the flip side, Five,"> she ended the conversation curtly, then flew purposefully past him with a subtle waggled of her TIE fighter before taking up CAP position.
It wouldn't be long before the triangle shape of their Star Destroyer would appear on the horizon.

Kim Dae-Hyun

K

"BLACK LEADER"
SHIELDS (100%)
HULL (100%)
██████████
██████████
STARFIGHTER SYSTEMS:
Adv Sensor Array
Stealth Generator
MISSILES:
ST7 Concussion Missile ST7 Concussion Missile ST7 Concussion Missile ST7 Concussion Missile Mag-Pulse Warhead Mag-Pulse Warhead Mag-Pulse Warhead Mag-Pulse Warhead Proton Torpedo Proton Torpedo Proton Torpedo Proton Torpedo

blacksquad_slim.png

OBJECTIVE 2
Go Deep, Go Hard

Black Leader listened to the rest of the flight check in, mentally cataloguing their woes as they flew back towards the Star Destroyer.

"Affirmative, Black Eleven. Good thinking. I'll follow your lead."

Over the course of the next several minutes, DK limped his fightercraft back towards their base of operations. DK sat back in his seat and took a breath, his gaze darting across his instrument panel while he allowed Jaida Tess to shepherd the squadron in safely. Due to the extent of his fighter's injuries, DK was slated to land third. He would have preferred to land last, but given that he couldn't stop or change his trajectory, it made sense to let him get nabbed by the tractor beam while he was in range.

DK yanked the emergency release of the exit hatch and stood up, clambering out of the seat and onto the overhead gantry. He paced around the ship, taking in all the damage. The logistics officer came bounding down the gantry with a face like he'd been stabbed in the groin. "Captain Kim! Captain Kim! What is the meaning of this? Look at the state of this fighter. And this isn't even the worst!"

Black Leader stared at the logistics officer, dark eyes perplexed. "What?" he asked after a moment's silence.

"Just look," said the logistics officer.

"Right," said DK. "We -- I'm sorry, who are you? If you have concerns about the state of this fightercraft, and the fightercraft of my squadron, you can feel free to take that up with high command. Now kindly stop accosting me and my squadron." DK brushed past him and walked down the stairs to the main level and then into the ready room, waiting for the team to debrief. It was going to be short, sweet, and to the point, because he really wanted a shower.

Aktur Seii

ᴀ sʜᴀᴅᴏᴡ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ
"BLACK FIVE"
SHIELDS (34%)
HULL (72%)
██████████
██████████
STARFIGHTER SYSTEMS:
Adv Sensor Array
Stealth Generator
MISSILES:

blacksquad_slim.png

OBJECTIVE 2
Go Deep, Go Hard

Black Eleven replied with a quip of her own, which made Skash grin broadly beneath his helmet, as he let out a short laugh.

"Oh yeah? Sounds like competition. I like competition." He added with a final smirk, before he reached over to deactivate his primary shields, to conserve power flow through the starfighter. While he did that, Eleven did a flyby and juked her starfighter in front of him, before taking up lead position. "Lookin' good, Ones."

Ahead, the Voritor II waited. There seemed to be other vessels leaving the hangar bay, which were likely the support craft needed by other members of Black Squadron, and those ships started heading toward the group of pilots. With sparks and an engine that tried to turn him to the left, Skash flew past the recovery team, and nodded his helmet uselessly - it wasn't like they could see him, anyway - before he made for the Star Destroyer.

"Permission to land, command," Skash called over the comm. He waited for the permission, then proceeded to his allocated hangar space. "Tell the techs I'm sorry about the paint job. Wasn't my fault."

With a bit of a tricky landing, Skash set the TIE/vn down in the hangar, as he bit his lip until touchdown. When things seemed stable, Skash finally let out the breath he had been holding, before he started to power down the starfighter. He ignored the last wail of alarms, as he just cut the engines and forced a hard stop to the systems.

Ain't got time for that. This mess is up to the Techs now.

With a sigh, Skash reached up and pulled off his helmet. He eased back in the chair for a moment, as he felt the sweat bead on his forehead, his matted hair against his head. It had been a deceptively tough run, but a successful one, and that was all that mattered. No losses, an objective complete, and Skash had even taken out a half dozen enemies in the process. With a grunt, the rookie began to unfasten himself, then opened the hatch and climbed out of the damaged TIE...

"Good day's work."

Kim Dae-Hyun

K

"BLACK LEADER"
SHIELDS (100%)
HULL (100%)
██████████
██████████
STARFIGHTER SYSTEMS:
Adv Sensor Array
Stealth Generator
MISSILES:

blacksquad_slim.png

OBJECTIVE 2
Go Deep, Go Hard

DK poured himself a cup of caff in the ready room and took a long drink. It wasn't very good and it wasn't very hot but it was warm enough, comforting, and not offensive. He took his caff to the podium and leaned against it as he waited for the pilots to trickle in, manipulating the scheduling on his datapad. He put Black Squadron in for some well-deserved R&R and was pleased when it was approved by the higher-ups. The reward for a job well done.

When the pilots were all put together he tapped the podium to get their attention. "All right, Black Squadron, focus up for a few minutes. I'll make this as quick as I can. First -- obviously -- great job down there. We completed our tasks. It didn't go quite as we wanted, but we still mark that up as a win for the First Order and for Black Squadron. You all saved a lot of lives today, so -- great job."

He straightened at the podium and glanced down at his clipboard. "Next up -- Celchu, Tess, you're up for commendations for performance above and beyond the call, well done you two. Lastly, you've all got a week's leave coming to you. Our Vendettas are going to be out of commission for several days at the least and I expect the engineers will want to take stock, and until we get replacement craft, you can take a few days off if you like. Or if you're eager to catch up on administrative work, you can bank those days. Up to you."

He rested his elbows on the podium, leaning over it to study his Squadron. "Any questions? If not, you're dismissed. See me later about time off. OK, that's it."

Jaida Tess

J

"BLACK ELEVEN"
SHIELDS (100%)
HULL (100%)
██████████
██████████
STARFIGHTER SYSTEMS:
Adv Sensor Array
Stealth Generator
MISSILES:
ST7 Concussion Missile ST7 Concussion Missile ST7 Concussion Missile ST7 Concussion Missile Mag-Pulse Warhead Mag-Pulse Warhead Mag-Pulse Warhead Mag-Pulse Warhead Proton Torpedo Proton Torpedo

blacksquad_slim.png

OBJECTIVE 2
Go Deep, Go Hard

Jaida continued on with CAP until all her fellow squadmates had been recovered, then she brought her TIE/vn through the MAG-CON to be picked up by the tractor beam and settled back onto the fighter rack in the expansive hangar bay of the Voritor II; Black Squadron's base of operations for this mission.

After finishing up the post-flight checklist, Black Eleven exited out the top hatch to the catwalk. Once Jaida was in the turbolift, the blonde removed her helmet and smoothed over the stray strands that had come out of her plaited, golden locks... This way the female pilot didn't have to deal as much with helmet-hair - a con of having to wear a bucket on your head for hours.

Bringing up the rear, Jaybird entered the theater-style ready room for their debriefing and found a seat just off the aisle in the third row. She set the helmet down on the empty seat next to her, then leaned back into the comfy chair and closed her eyes, taking a deep breath and blowing it out. The Avalonian didn't know just how tired and relieved she was until now.

Steel blue eyes fluttered open when Black Leader began the debriefing. For a commanding officer, DK was pretty cool and level-headed under pressure and she respected that. He also treated every pilot the same whether seasoned, a rookie, or somewhere in between. having each fighter jockey work for their merits equally not just for their tenure on the squadron. Again, something a good leader does.

When she and Black Five were singled out for accommodations, Jaida just canted her head humbly. Mr. Hotshot on the other hand would probably eat it up... She was sure Skash would be telling high tales of his death-defying adventure in the mining shaft no doubt.

The Avalonian's ears perked up though when their CO said they had a week's worth of R & R coming... Gods how she could use a few days lounging on a sandy beach somewhere just soaking up the warm rays and drinking those drinks with the little umbrellas. Yeah, definitely something to check into once she got a shower and some food in her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom