Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Send in the Clones!!!!!

"Star date Admiral's log: I've just left my Kingdom in New Alderaan to personally lead this totally epic raid. Recently there has been rebellions not by the inhabitants of New Alderaan but my own soldiers. The ungrateful little chits who I provided a home and reason to live decided to turn against me! All I've done was reduce their pay to increase for my statue that's on the Mountaintop. I said it was only temporary! But noooo they had to whine and complain demanding more benefits and saying that taking care of food riots is so hard!"

depositphotos_645451214-stock-photo-conceptual-futuristic-house-future-illustration.jpg

Velran snorted his bushy, brown moustache briefly moved as he did so, his gaunt gaze narrowed in front of the large house. Velran's Stormtroopers: The ones still loyal to him were busy setting up the explosive charges around the door. They've been on this quaint little planet for about a week now, doing reconnaissance on the target making note of their habits before initiating their plan. For all his time ruling, Velran noticed disloyalty popping up everywhere no one was loyal now and days! There were always people who just doesn't do what they are told. Velran tried Droids but as much as he wanted to, they can be easily sliced, he needed a more sophisticated group of soldiers one who will be trained to obey him and only him. He turned to his Holorecorder which was strapped to his wrist and was still active.

"I've found a scientist not too far from New Alderaan who is known for her innovations in Cloning technology." Velran said speaking into the Holorecorder. "Her knowledge rivals the Kaminoans and she will work to build my clone army!"

"Explosives are primed and ready sir!" One of the Stormtroopers said.

"Ohhh goody!" A smile formed on Velran's lips as he switched off the Holorecorder and took out the detonator from his front pocket. "Ladies and gentlemen!" Velran announced pressing the button. "Let's get ourselves a scientist!"

The explosives beeped for a brief moment before creating a massive boom creating a hole for Velran and the Stormtroopers to enter the home.

Akiya Orime Akiya Orime

Outfit: Favorite Dress
Tags: Velran Kilran Velran Kilran

Her husband was working late, so Akiya lounged around waiting for him to return home. She didn’t pretend to be interested in what her husband did for a living. She was sure if she put her mind to it she could understand it, but it sounded boring so she just let him think that it was too much for her to handle. Of course she knew that her work was something for just her as well. Not because her husband didn’t care, but because he was not a bioengineering genius like she was.

What they lacked in professional camaraderie however they made up for chemistry in almost every other category that mattered for a couple. Though Akiya had never been with anyone else, she knew that this was the best it could ever be. They had met when she was just fourteen. They were friends for a bit. Akiya always thought he was hot, but she was in a school of people at least five years older than her. Dating was not really an option. Akiya blossomed physically soon after starting at this upper academy and her now husband noticed. They became closer friends, but nothing happened until it was socially acceptable. That was actually her husband’s doing.

Now Akiya laid out on their sofa in her favorite dress, hoping that her husband was exaggerating the amount of time he would be late. She wanted to go into town for a nice dinner. But she wouldn’t do it alone. She looked up at the chrono and sighed. It seemed it would have to wait for another night.

Just then Akiya heard a strange beeping sound. There was no time to question what the beep was before the explosion sounded. ”What the frack is going on?” she yelled, but the explosion was so loud that she wouldn’t hear anything for some time. She looked around with wide eyes wondering if this was some sort of accident. She remembered the emergency button that was on her comm and reached out to press it. Then she looked for cover from whatever had happened. Hoping help would arrive before she was in too much danger.

As the smoke cleared, Velran proudly strode into the living room with three Stormtroopers each wearing black armor with a red stripe on right side of the torso. Their ST-W48 Blaster Carbines were raised aggressively checking Velran's flanks for any unexpected attacks. "Hello there!" Velran laughed seeing the young woman attempting to find cover. "Why you look absolutely lovely tonight Doctor!"

Velran looked around the curious house of Doctor Akiya it was a decent house that overlooked the cityscape. She and her husband lived a good 50 miles away from civilization and Velran thought It'll be fun cause a little chaos. Spending hours cooped up in the palace of New Alderaan passing judgement and making sure that everyone fell in place was boring. Velran needed some pizzazz just like the good old days of traveling around the Galaxy and coordinating with his fleet as they rain down terror to enemy starships. Oh, how Velran desired to go back to the Admiral's seat again rather than worry about his next assassination attempt.

But the explosion will have to suffice for now.

"I've come all the way from my glorious Kingdom of New Alderaan to seek you out!" Velran said walking closer to her. "Your talents are needed to..... hmmmm how do I put this?"

Velran began stroking his large moustache while the Stormtroopers quickly surrounded her raising their blaster carbines. "Create an army that will rival the Galaxy!" Velran smiled. "And youuuu have been chosen!"

giphy.gif

The Admiral did a little twirl giggling maniacally while he did before stopping and screamed "OH I'M GOOD! I've been mastering the twirl for a while now, my Doctor said it couldn't be done because of the arthritis on my knees. I had my Doctor killed for that and GUESS WHAT?! I CAN DO IT!"

Excitement grew within Velran, for the first time in a long time he could be an Admiral again. Rebellions were popping up in New Alderaan, he needed to deal with them but at the same time, Velran wanted Akiya to work on his secret Clone Army. "So come on!" Velran said. "Because you work for me now!"

Akiya Orime Akiya Orime

Last edited:

Shortly after the large explosion, Akiya’s home was invaded by a strange bald man, with an impressive mustache and three soldiers wearing armor that definitely did not belong to the local authorities. Akiya’s hearing had not returned when the man started to speak, but she could read lips well enough to catch his greeting and compliment to her looks. ”Um. Hello. Was the door chime not working?” she asked a bit snippy, though there was no way she could follow through with any defense of herself or her property. She looked down at her now wrinkled dress and then back at Velran, ”Um. Thanks. That’s a spiffy mustache you’ve got going on. But. Um. I am taken so hope you weren’t planning on flattery getting you a date.”

The man announced himself from New Alderaan, which was not too far away. ”If you call my secretary tomorrow I’m sure…” Akiya started to respond to the statement that her talents were needed. All snippy remarks ended and nervous joking was cast aside as she heard what the man intended her to do. The spin that accompanied the statement nearly made Akiya forget what a sinister thing was being demanded of her. ”You think that I am going to create a clone army for you? That has been tried before, and it didn’t work out so well for the galaxy. What makes you think I would take this job on?” The thought had occurred to Akiya that the laboratory company had agreed to some kind of contract with this man. But she would quit before she created a new clone army. ”I don’t work for you. And if the person I do work for volunteered me to do this job, I don’t work for them anymore either.”

"I just love a good presentation!" Velran laughed at Akiya. "But don't worry sweetheart, regardless of whether you're taken or not, I'm not available on the market. But I'm glad you like the moustache! It really adds to my mystique!"

Velran never focused on stupid and insipid things such as love in the matter of fact he wasn't sure if he felt something relating to love. The closest he guessed was he conquered his enemies in battle. Velran could still remember his big victory over the Galactic Alliance and Silver Jedi Order in the battle of New Alderaan where he used his genius to outmaneuver and out match both fleets with ease. It was the last time he felt such elation before the Empire collapsed. "Now Akiya!" Velran said walking closer to her. "The Clone Army was known to be one of the best forces the Galaxy has ever seen! Their loyalty and discipline outmatches even the old Empire at its peak! To create soldiers who are only bred to know combat and loyalty to their commanders!"

He smiled. "There will be no more betrayals, or time off, or any of that bullchit!" Velran said. "And that's why I would love an army to fight for me! To have soldiers do what they're told is an Admiral's dream!"

Velran then grabbed Akiya from the back of the neck and pulled her away from couch. "You will work for me!" Velran growled. "Because Akiya! You are the best damn cloner who is NOT a Kaminoan and besides we have BENEFITS!"

He motioned the Stormtroopers to leave while, Velran continued to drag Akiya by the neck. "Let us be off!" He said.

Akiya Orime Akiya Orime

Akiya was quite relieved when Velran stated he was not available. She thought perhaps he was some creepy stalker who was trying to take advantage of her husband being out. Though this was hardly the first time this week she had been alone at the house. Relief was short lived as the discussion of the clone army went on further. The geneticist was certain that the man had been joking about that. It had been forever since a clone army of any substance was created.

”There was more to creation and training that made the Grand Army of the Republic loyal. They were implanted with inhibitor chips. That’s not my area.” While the integration of such circuits was not something Akiya had ever worked with, to say that she wasn’t capable of it was a lie. ”And even then there was rumor that some clones figured out that their will was being limited and managed to override it somehow.”

Hearing that the man wanted a loyal army because he had dealt with betrayal was not a total shock to Akiya. The man had a questionable hold on reality, to follow him would be difficult without something pushing you to do so. Akiya was about to say something when she felt the man grab her by the neck. The doctor lashed out uselessly with her arm as she was yanked away from the sofa and told she was working for him. ”Benefits? Ow! I hope you have medical. Where are we going? I can’t just make clones you know. Even if I wanted to. I need equipment and genetic material.”

"That is a lie! The clones never needed inhibitor chips!" Velran said. "The best part is that they do what they are told! And you my friend will do as you're told!"

With his Stormtrooper corps turning against him, Velran needed a replacement. He knew that there were rumors about a massive Stormtrooper uprising and the people with him were some of his most loyal soldiers. Still, a Clone Army would be easier to control than having conscripts who would abandon you the moment you stop paying them. "There will be no inhibitor chips!" Velran laughed pushing Akiya closer to her and hoisting her up over his shoulder carrying her.

"Oh yeah there's plenty of benefits!" Velran said carrying her. "And my loyal subjects back home will provide you with plenty of genetic material to work with. You'll making test tube babies who will be trained by my people to be raised as loyal soldiers!"

He looked at Akiya. "So buckle up sweetheart!" Velran laughed. "Because WESSA GOIN HOOOMMMEEEE!!!!!"

Akiya Orime Akiya Orime

Akiya rolled her eyes as the crazy invader called her a liar in her own field of specialty. Of course she had been lying, because what she said didn’t fit this man’s need. There was no point in arguing so she merely shut her mouth and let him continue on his delusions. The man declared that there would be no inhibitor chips used on his clones. That was fine with Akiya, but without such technology it was possible for clones to grow beyond their initial “programming” and eventually revolt.

Before Akiya could make this statement she was pulled closer to the man and slung over his shoulder. ”What the frack do you think you are doing?!” the scientist called out trying to squirm out of the madman’s grasp. She shifted side to side trying to get him to drop her, to no avail.

Not surprisingly the man seemed to have equipment and genetic material covered. ”I hope these loyal subjects actually have some acumen that will make them good soldiers for your sake. But I mean really, can’t you find some crazy geneticist to do this work for you without having to take someone by force? I have a husband and coworkers who will miss me and come to find me.”

Velran continued to Akiya over his shoulder barely feeling her trying squirm out of his grip. "I'm making sure you don't try to escape duh!" Velran retorted. "You think all the time I've wasted retrieving you is going to go to waste?!"

Though Velran gathered plenty of genetic material from "volunteers" back at New Alderaan, he needed someone like Akiya who had gained a reputation in being a master in genetic manipulation. Her work on genetic engineering was astounding for someone who was as young as Akiya. Of course, her genius pales in comparison to Velran's but she has her use. "That's where YOU come in!" Velran chuckled holding Akiya tightly. "You have the ability to change a clone's DNA in order to make them more prone to be aggressive or in my case more obedient."

They almost arrived at the transport ship that was hidden in the forest. "I hope you've spent a lot of time with your husband," Velran declared. "Because from here on out! You have a permanent job in which of course we will discuss contractual details!"

Velran smirked before using his free hand to stroke his moustache. "LET US BE OFF!" Velran declared. "WE ARE GOING HOME!"

Akiya Orime Akiya Orime

The madman’s response to Akiya’s rhetorical question made some sense of course. Why he was taking her in this manner was still a question to Akiya. A simple stun bolt or blow on the head would have made removing her from the house much easier. But the young scientist wasn’t going to suggest such a thing. Who knows what this man would do with her if she was knocked out. ”I can’t even pretend to know what is going on in your head Mister,” Akiya blurted out without a thought. As her squirming didn’t seem to be working she started kicking her legs around in the air hoping that would do something to affect the man’s balance or the way she sat on his shoulder. She also tried to elbow him, but that didn’t go as planned. Either because she didn’t know where to hit him, or because she just didn’t know how to throw an effective elbow.

”So you’re the smart kind of crazy huh?” Akiya called out, still trying to remove herself from Velran’s grasp. ”Done your homework. I can change a lot of things in a being’s genetic code, but there are many variables to take into account. The only code changes that are foolproof are physical traits. Mental attributes and social behaviors are a combination of any number of things, not to mention the whole nature vs nurture argument. I’m going to let you in on a little secret…it’s both. The same genetic code can make one being incredibly hostile and one completely passive depending on their environment. Living beings evolve. Even clones. Your request might be met with short team success, but in the long run I think you’ll end up disappointed.”

As Akiya looked forward and saw the transport and heard mention of her husband she gasped. ”Jobs and contracts suggest consent sir,” Akiya yelled, increasing her ineffective attempts to get loose from Velran. ”This is nothing short of kidnapping and slavery." At least Akiya knew where she was going. Whether she would be able to relay that information to someone who could help was another question altogether.

Last edited:

"You know what I hear?!" Velran said barely feeling Akiya's elbows against his upper back. She attempted to kick her legs to try to get out but all it did was briefly obscure Velran's vision. "I hear! BLAH, BLAH, BLAH! What you talk about is lunacy! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! It goes against the laws of nature!" Genetics is a tricky thing to manipulate and as much as Velran hates to admit it, Akiya does have a point regarding nature vs nurture. But Velran didn't get to where he is by sitting still. People were shackled by their limitations, but Velran always thought that everything is possible. All you need have to do is to kick the door open and get to work.

"Genetic manipulation combined with harsh training will generate soldiers who will be obedient." Velran said. "Which is why it's best to build a soldier up from birth. Manipulate the gene structure so I can plant the seeds and then once they are grown, we can have them raised in an environment that'll make them obey and fight to the end."

He smiled. "Nature and nurture," Velran said. "But under control, as demonstrated with the Grand Army of the Republic. The perfect soldiers fighting under one man."

The Stormtroopers climbed up the ramp of the ship while Velran continued to carry Akiya. "So, Doctor," Velran said. "It's not slavery think of as..... free exposure! We'll get the contracts ready!"

Akiya Orime Akiya Orime

Akiya couldn’t believe her thoughts, but she was actually intrigued by what the madman was suggesting. She continued to kick, punch and struggle as she might have been interested in the project, but the fact that Velran had blown a hole in the side of her home, invaded it with a trio of stormtroopers and now was dragging her out kicking and yelling was not setting the right tone for a proper working relationship.

”The reason why you hear me calling you crazy is because I’m calling you crazy,” Akiya complained as she doubled her futile efforts to get herself loose. ”You do understand how long it took to build the Grand Army of the Republic right? The clones were aged twice normal rates. That way they could get that nature and nurture stuff you are talking about. But if we started yesterday you’d have your first group of soldiers in what ten years? Maybe seven if you got really lucky and they hit puberty early. The only other option is to speed up the aging process even more. Then you risk losing some of your nurture process and proper training.”

The mad moff continued to talk about contracts and now he tried to make it sound like he was doing her a favor by kidnapping her and forcing her to create his army. ”What kind of exposure am I looking at getting? ‘You were able to create an army that ran amuck before someone noticed what was going on and put them down’? That doesn’t sound like good publicity to me. What can you possibly put into a contract that I would voluntarily sign?”

"What you call crazy," Velran said tightening his grip around Akiya's slim waist. "I call innovation!" It was funny how many so-called scientists would say to that science unlocks numerous possibilities. Yet when it comes to Velran's one simple request to produce Clone troopers who would not only be developed at a rapid rate but would posses elite skills and utter devotion THAT is considered impossible.

"There were plenty of people in the Empire who called me a madman," Velran said climbing the ramp of the ship and casually dropping Akiya on the cold hard floor as if she was a piece of trash. "I've told them clear as day, that we should start innovating, stop trying to build planet destroying space stations and focus on more efficient methods."

Velran squatted down gently bumping his forehead against Akiya's. "But they didn't listen to me!" He whispered grabbing her thin neck his bony fingers gently wrapping around it. "They were too complacent only concerned about what concerns them rather than the people like me who are on the front lines directing starships and fighters against the enemy. People like me who ensure their comfortable lifestyle! But now those higher ups are dead and I have constructed an Empire!"

He lifted her up by the neck smiling. "You sound just like those High Admirals," Velran said. "That the plans I proposed were just a dream but thing thing is sweetheart. I always find a way!"

The Stormtroopers began to lift off flying away from the planet while Velran laughed maniacally. "If anything....." Velran leaned closer to Akiya his grip still around his neck. "You are the crazy person and I am perfectly sane."

Akiya Orime Akiya Orime

There was a slim line between madness and innovation, Akiya had to admit there was some truth in the statement. However, she still would consider Velran a lunatic, and his ideas madness. She could play with genes and deliver a clone. That had been done for centuries now. She could probably even make a better clone than most would expect. But an army fully trained a competent on Velran’s timeline? That had doubts creeping into Akiya’s brain.

New Alderaan meant the Empire. Of course. And this former Imperial was called crazy by them? That cemented Akiya’s opinion. It also worried her tremendously. Imperials weren’t known for letting others have opinions. They used their assets and they disposed of them when they were no longer viable. If this man was like that, Akiya would not have much choice as long as she remained in his clutches.

As if on cue, they were suddenly in a ship and Akiya was deposited on her butt. ”Ouch. First stop when we get to where we’re going is definitely going to be the infirmary,” Akiya said, rubbing her bruised bottom. ”Again, we’re going to have to talk about medical coverage.” Hearing Velran speak about efficiency almost made Akiya laugh. She did her best to hide it, but that became harder as he lowered himself to her level and pressed his head against hers.

Akiya understood why they did not listen, but found herself too busy struggling against his grasp to respond with words. Her hands pushed at Velran’s forearm trying to get his hand away from her neck. She was too busy trying to secure air to hear the rant about those who were higher up than Velran. Though she still didn’t have much to retort anyways. The Empire was a mess. She only hoped that the new Empire of the Lost would be equally messy.

Akiya got worried when she was lifted up and told that she was like those that told him no. At this point she was no longer in a position to deny Velran, but nature was. Science could only do so much. A clone on Velran’s timetable would be destined to have flaws. Even when engineered by Akiya’s genius. As Velran leaned even closer and called Akiya crazy she couldn’t help the smile that formed in response. His grip prevented any sound of a laugh from escaping her lips. ”S…sup…pose. T-time….Will….Tell.”

Velran snorted at the defiant look that formed on Akiya's face. Part of him wanted to throw her out the airlock like he did so many New Alderaanian scientists who said that his dream army was impossible. Like Akiya, the scientists said Velran was "insane" for expecting a fully-fledged and legions of clone troopers to be created in a couple of months. Velran once again relinquished his hold around Akiya's neck letting her fall down landing on her rump yet again. "You don't get it," Velran said while the Stormtroopers behind him began to jump to Lightspeed. "Reality is..... an illusion something we tell ourselves that we're living in order to cope with the impossible."

He placed his hand on Akiya's head while the ship was in Lightspeed officially light years away from Lakonia. "Sane and Insane can easily be reversed, if the insane became the majority. Would reality be different? Or will we accept that we are perfectly sane living in reality? I've learned ruling New Alderaan that the thin line between sanity and reality. All it takes is one revelation to smash your preconceived notions of reality. When there's an opportunity to achieve the so called impossible, you must do whatever it takes to seize it. These Clones will be..... perfect for my army."

He fully expected a Stormtrooper rebellion, leaving Velran with mostly Imperial Army Troopers conscripts from New Alderaan or leftovers from Velran's fleet to deal with them. Despite the Imperial Army Troopers numerical advantage, they were no match compared to the better trained and better armed Stormtroopers. They would slaughtered to the last man and Velran's Empire would crumble, as much Velran wanted to leave his little Empire, he wanted to do it on his own terms.

"It's time for you my lovely scientist to start prepping," Velran smiled. "Because we arrive at New Alderaan, you'll be going straight to work!"

Akiya Orime Akiya Orime

”Sir, I agree that we should not allow what currently cannot be done to stop us from pushing that envelope. To that degree your request is quite intriguing. However, the manner in which you have so far gained my services suggest that you are not a patient man. Progress does require some patience…” Akiya responded again rubbing her sore rump.

Akiya gave a low growl as Velran touched her head. Nothing that was too threatening though. As if anything she had done to this point had made Velran feel threatened by any means. His speech did nothing to make her feel confident in Velran’s sanity, but he wasn’t completely wrong in his statement. Most who pushed the boundaries of the impossible were labeled insane. If Akiya’s peers heard what was asked they’d think she was insane for entertaining the ideas as possible. A fully grown clone in months was possible for sure. None had been tried because they would be an infant in an adult body. Getting what Velran wanted was going to take more than Akiya’s genius, but it wasn’t impossible. At least Akiya hoped not.

Akiya gave a reluctant nod to Velran’s demand. ”Need to know what I will be prepping…you have the genetic template ready for me to look over and prepare? A list of equipment that is available? There are a lot of unknowns, but I’ll start work right away.”

Velran's ship came out of Lightspeed the planet of New Alderaan as well as Velran's lovely fleet forming a blockade around it. Though Velran lost the trust of his Stormtrooper corps, at least he has the swift loyalty of his fleet. They were his most valuable assets and were rewarded as such unlike the lame Stormtroopers who whined and complained about pay, about how their orders being hard to follow, the Stormtroopers just complained about everything. "Admiral," the voice of Captain Salth Var was heard through the radio. "Welcome home, I assume the mission is a success?"

"You know Captain!" Velran said grabbing Akiya's hand forcibly pulling her up to her feet. "To assume is to make an ass out of U and me! You would dare doubt my brilliance?!"

"Ummm.... I'm sorry Admiral I did not mean to assume." Salth said gulping as soon as he finished that statement. A crazed smirk forming on his lips Velran immediately grabbed the back of Akiya's neck and began shaking her left and right. "DO YOU SEE THE PRIZE?!" Velran said pinching her cheek as well. "SHE IS READY TO WORK ON THE SECRET PROJECT!"

"I see her," Salth said the tone of his voice nervous. "Once again welcome home."

feeabbdc0a63fb11fb6702a9415a834b.jpg

"Goody!" The ship immediately landed on the spacepad near the mountains. The ramp opened and Velran immediately lifted Akiya and threw her over his shoulder once more. "You'll have plenty of genetic templates to choose from." Velran said. "My loyal subjects were more than willing to donate their DNA to you and as for equipment New Alderaan has state of the art cloning technology! You'll be fine!"

Akiya Orime Akiya Orime

The view of a large fleet as soon as the shuttle reverted back to normal space made Akiya tremble just a bit. Hearing the fleet welcome his return did nothing to make her feel better. The madman who took her was crazy. Akiya had no second thoughts about that amateur diagnosis, but he had not invented the fact that he ruled over New Alderaan, assuming that was where they ended up. That meant that he really more than likely had the means to create and deploy a clone army.

The Admiral’s reaction to the word assume made Akiya laugh. It was amazingly infantile, however it made Akiya forget her dire situation for a moment. That moment of forget disappeared after the Captain’s response and Velran’s actions to show her off. ”Frack Admiral. Your prize won’t do you much good if you snap her neck.” Akiya didn’t fight Velran at this time as she knew how fragile the neck could be. But she surely hoped that his prize would only be the clones he hoped to gain from her service.

Before long the shuttle set down at its final destination and Akiya found herself up on Velran’s shoulder once again. The young woman growled and started to kick and punch at him again. Though she wasn’t quite as animated this time. She was on HIS planet after all. With HIS people. Though he did say that he was dealing with traitors. Perhaps if she played things smart one of these traitors would free her. ”Well then I guess there is little more to do but to have you show me my work space. I obviously don’t have a choice but to do what you want.”

"I can handle you whenever I dang gone want to!" Velran yelled at Akiya when he walked down the ramp with his Stormtroopers walking behind him. Not even a few hours into their working relationship and already she's whining about the possibility of getting her neck snapped. Akiya must be really fragile because Velran didn't squeeze her THAT hard.

Of course, Akira is once again uselessly banging on his back while she ineffectively kicking her legs. It was amusing at first but it was starting to get tiresome. Velran wondered if it was going to be a habit, probably so but the probability of her breaking out from his grip was miniscule. An elderly person with arthritis will have a better chance of escaping. "This facility was originally belonged to a mining company and if you think they were mining important things like Carvanium you're wrong!" Velran said as he approached the massive metal doors.

"The New Alderanians mined useless metals like quartz so they can be used for jewelry! Of course, after I took over, I refurbished for experimentations for my army," Velran said carrying Akiya across the large bridge, the cold wind softly blowing against them. "The mountain is a perfect place for me to conduct my experimentations in peace! Because we're deep within the Mountain, nobody will be able to eavesdrop on communications, traveling to the Mountain is dangerous due to weather conditions and rocky terrain that is known to be a bit.... unpredictable."

There was a retinal scanner imprinted on the cold wall. Velran dropped Akiya and grabbed her hair forcing her eyes against the scanner. "Hold still!" Velran said. "The scans will download your retinas and it'll grant ya access throughout the lab!"

After about 30 seconds, the scan was complete and the doors opened to reveal a large lab filled with test tubes of degraded clones in suspended animation. "Welcome!" Velran said forcing her up on her feet. "To your new home!"

brandon-roberts-undersea-lab-1.jpg

Akiya Orime Akiya Orime

brandon-roberts-undersea-lab-1.jpg

Akiya sighed at the bluster of control expressed by Velran. Of course she was not really in a position to argue against his statement. If she could have stopped him from handling her she wouldn’t be here now. Instead of answering, Akiya froze. She could tell Velran was upset by her reaction and really didn’t wish to make him any more angry.

The doctor continued to struggle against the Admiral’s grasp, but it was not seeming to make any difference. As they continued into the facility that seemed like it would be where Akiya would be doing her work, he explained that this used to be a mine. She calmed down as Velran stated that the mine was for useless ore. She didn’t think that Carvanium was all that important.

”Jewelry has uses,” Akiya interjected risking his nasty reaction. ”Haven’t you ever had a woman who likes pretty things? Not everything is about ruling and fighting.”

The next explanation that the mountain was isolated did not fill Akiya with much comfort. While it meant that she would not have a lot of attention, but being out away from everything would be difficult for a rescue to find her. And she knew that her husband would be looking for her.

Akiya didn’t fight as hard as her head was held in front of the retinal scanner. Of course she knew what one was for. Whatever was happening it was better to have access for things than to need an escort at all times. Once inside her new lab she could see a bunch of cloning tubes. But they weren’t empty. ”I thought you said that I needed to make you an army. Looks like one is already starting.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom