Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Senate Speeches (Enclave War)

vyClAJi.jpg

CORUSCANT - SENATE CHAMBER

98FmC9U.png

"Thank you for allowing Obulette to speak on this matter of conflict with the Enclave," Maldor said, standing within his circular capsule.

His voice was carried to the far reaches of the vast Senate chamber and beyond, being re-transmitted across the holo-net for interested citizens to hear. On Obulette, this would doubtless become mandatory viewing for loyal citizens.

"I would like to begin by saying I was there. I witnessed the brutality of the Enclave first-hand. I saw them board consular ships and attack Senators. I witnessed their barrages against ships and installations. I saw a starscape metaphorically painted red with blood and literally painted red with turbolaser bolts.

It was a horror, but it was one that I forced myself to watch. And when the time came to intervene, I was in the thick of it. Surrounded by danger and death, because I do not deserve to stand here and discuss policy unless I have stood there and risked my own blood on the border."

Putting one's blood on the border was a phrase that resonated throughout the Tapani sector, and was nearly as old as the noble houses. In ancient times, when a noble promised to put his blood on the border, it meant that his family would defend the border with their own lives. It was a stout promise, and one which House Mecetti still made and kept even after many thousands of years.

Of course, such a defense of the border often involved only a token appearance in the vicinity of the fighting, to make oneself vulnerable to harm more theoretically than in reality.

Still, it impacted people to see their leaders do such things. And in truth, Maldor's insertion into battle had been somewhat more substantial than a token appearance. Much to the dismay of his pilot.

"Having done so, and having shared your laments and tears for the fallen, I can tell you that we must not let our resolve be broken.

The Enclave made a brutal attack deep into our territory, but they did not take that territory. Because they cannot take that territory. Or any of our territory. They are few in number, comparatively speaking. Their customs demand a lifetime of training before someone is worthy of taking the field. They can not swell their ranks quickly. Nor do they have the industrial capacity to sustain losses, because they have built for themselves a warrior culture where bloodshed is valued more highly than industry or food production.

This violent thrashing was not an example of Enclave strength. It was a lesson in weakness. They sent a 'message' because they were incapable- utterly unable to do anything more.

And that is why we will beat them, if we only persevere.

House Mecetti and the Obulette system are committed to helping the Alliance weather this storm.

Even now, we are sending one of our Star Destroyers to the impacted worlds. Not as a defense force or invasion force, but as a force for healing. We have thousands of soldiers who will put down their arms and roll up their sleeves to bring medical help, clean water, and much needed food and shelter to the victims of this attack.

I implore all the other Tapani Sector nobles to do the same. And also all the other wealthy and powerful governments and individuals across Alliance space.

We can endure Mandalorian fire. And we must endure it, lest that enclave of warmongers think they can take anything they want, from anyone, all across the Galaxy, with no repercussions.

Stand together. Stand firm. This is the path to victory.

Victory for ourselves.

And for the next generation who relies on our strength today, if they hope to find safety and prosperity tomorrow.

Thank you."

A good speech, he thought. He'd even written it himself.

Now to see if his words found purchase in the hearts and minds of the others in the room.

Maldor sat, waiting for the next Senator to make their own speech of support, condemnation, or ambivalence towards the conflict.

Galactic Alliance Galactic Alliance

MV5BZjQ5YzkwMmEtOWRiNi00YzBlLWJhNTMtMjNkZWM5NTBlNTgwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA4OTg1Mzc1._V1_.jpg

tf-site-header.png

LOCATION //: SENATE CHAMBER ; CORUSCANT
OBJECTIVE //: SPEAK SOME COMMON SENSE
TAGS //: Maldor Mecetti Maldor Mecetti
FEDERATION //: MARCH

vyClAJi.jpg

A Dangerous Miscalculation....

The Senate had declared war against the Mandalorian Enclave and assisted the people of Ryloth against their former masters directly on the battlefield fighting side by side but had they acted hasty was there other ways to convey the dissatisfaction regarding the new push for a galaxy spanning crusade without resorting to violence. Perhaps but none of that mattered now as the Enclave had pushed back hard and with brutal precision, laying siege to a dozen worlds while the alliance defense force scrambled for a response barely holding them at bay but suffering considerable losses against a foe that was deemed not a creditable threat to the member-worlds of this alliance.

It was a wound to the pride of the Alliance and proved that they were not invulnerable after they defeated the Brotherhood of the Maw over Exegol and rebuilt in the period of peace that followed. The Mandalorian Crusade had proved to be a dangerous enemy more than able to fight against the greatest superpower in the galaxy and live to tell the tale. The Minister for the Trade Federation could not help but rejoice now that the Alliance had lost there would be more of an interest in building up a vast military complex which meant billions of credits flowing into the Trade Federation of Planets. Senator Maldor Mecetti Maldor Mecetti was the first to break the silence during the emergency session, being quite pleased with himself in providing aid to the planets that suffered from the attack and even witnessing the conflict first hand personally.

"While I do understand the sentimental aspects of Senator Mecetti's speech. And While the people of the affected worlds need certain support to get back up on their own two feet, such support should not be given freely without charge. The Alliance is a government responsible for over several dozen star systems and we simply can't afford to let resources go to waste simply because those worlds were unprepared for the harsh reality of conflict. It is not our responsibility to babysit each and every system within our area of influence." The Skakoan explained with typical droid monotone highlighting that the planets do need support but that the alliance government should not be responsible if they failed to take into account a state of war which the chamber had issued and signed.

"The Mandalorian Enclave swift attack proved that the Alliance is unprepared for another war and will require a rethinking of our strategic actions moving forward. Instead of wasting resources on assistance packages we should begin redeveloping our military industrial complex and looking for alternatives to direct confrontation. Asset Seizures, Blockades and even sanctions are all options on the table which would prove more beneficial to the alliance in the long run instead of hurtling ships and manpower against formidable warriors." Another take which would prove controversial but could be the right course of action.

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

"And once again the halls of the Senate ring with voices concerned not with lives, but with profits."

Kahlil sat within his own pod, frowning at the rather unwelcome tones of the Trade Federation. It wasn't surprising to hear them speak about seizing assets and abandoning the worlds that they had already failed to protect. What a convenient way to make credits; by blaming them. "The Mandalorians were there to send a message. Not of their strength or their weaknesses, but that they have no problem bringing destruction to any world within the Alliance. That they can go anywhere they want without repercussion and bring death to whoever they choose. What do you propose, Laborr? Abandon those who can't pay enough for protection?"

He turned his head, 'looking' towards Laborr's pod. He couldn't see at the moment. The lightning on Kiffu had left him blinded. His eyes would heal, but they hadn't had the chance to yet. There was too much work to be done.

"I don't remember the Alliance being mobsters."

Rulonom Laborr Rulonom Laborr | Maldor Mecetti Maldor Mecetti

Alderaan's pod dislodged from the wall to join the others. It was Senator Organa alone today- no senate aides, no tagalong princes. These days, it was rare to find the Count in any disposition that wasn't cold, but today was one of those days. He seemed calm, sure, confident as he stood, passing a hand behind him to straighten his cape.

"Thank you, Senator Mecetti, for opening our discussion, and for your bravery." Alicio nodded solemnly towards the nobleman from Obulette. It was rare to find another politician so willing to march to the front lines. "Alderaan will happily follow Obulette's example and send aid to the affected worlds." Hopefully, Alderaan's new and improved defense force, championed by himself and led by Noah Corek Noah Corek , would be prepared for their first relief mission soon.

The shadow of a smile flitted across Alicio's face as he studied Senator Laborr and Kahlil. He saw where this was going, and was happy to butt in to save the Jedi Master from a migraine. "I feel no need to remind the Assembly that it is the sworn duty of the Galactic Alliance to ensure the welfare of all citizens of the Galactic Alliance. Nor can we let the Enclave shake our resolve. By backing down, we would give them permission to pillage the Outer Rim at their pleasure," he said, eyes sharp as he flicked them the Skakoan's direction. "-But, to be entirely honest, I find myself agreeing with the representative of the Trade Federation on one key issue."

"The Mandalorians levied their strengths against us to raid Yag'Dhul, Kiffu, Ukatis. They hit hard, and fast, and caused a lot of damage before we could muster. And if we continue to present opportunities for them to do so, they will pick at our weaknesses, for as long as we remain inflexible. This is not the war against the Maw, and we must adjust accordingly, by leaning into our strengths."

"Perhaps it is also time to consider more asymmetric avenues of warfare. Transform their crusade for glory into a numbers game."

- Maldor Mecetti Maldor Mecetti - Rulonom Laborr Rulonom Laborr - Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble -

Last edited:
"I don't remember the Alliance being mobsters."

Sycorax smirked to herself. Despite the recent invasions by the Mandalorians, this whole meeting felt like any other day in the Assembly. Laborr was twirling his proverbial mustache, Kahlil took the bait, and Alicio was the only one among them who seemed to possess a shred of common sense. The latest addition to the Senate, Maldor Mecetti, was already making a name for himself as a verbose orator.

She lifted her hand to turn on her comm and say her piece, but someone else reached theirs first. Abruptly, the speakers filled with barking. Bewildered, she looked around the Chamber for the source, and saw a dog sitting in one of the senatorial pods. Er, a member of some sentient species that happened to look like dogs, presumably.

As the canine senator paused and examined his comm system, Sycorax guessed that they were having a translator malfunction. Despite the technical issues, they evidently decided that the contents of their speech absolutely needed to be said, whether their fellow politicians could understand them or not.

"Bark, bark bark bark!" the senator began. "Bark bark bark! Woof?"

"Woof!" Their pack of aides echoed the affirmation.

"Bark bark bark bark! Bark, bark, bark bark bark!"

"BARK!" The aides agreed louder this time.

"Awooooo!"

Every occupant of the dog-senator's pod joined in the mournful howling.

Senator of Chandrila
Eboi gripped the railing of his podium, he didn't want this. He didn't want to go to war, the Alliance was still recovering from the Hyperspace War. To be so eager to jump into another one so soon and so quickly led Eboi to believe that many of the senators were just plain warmongers who had little disregard of the cost of war. Many people, civilians, Jedi, and soldiers alike died in the first battles of the war all of which the Alliance lost. Now, Mandalorians were in Galactic Alliance borders committing atrocities against the citizens. All the Senate needed to do was place sanctions against the Enclave but they jumped the gun in attacking them first and now the Mandalorians will have the perfect excuse to shed as much blood as possible for another one of their crusades.

"What have we become?" Eboi muttered to himself as he pressed the button to move towards the middle of the Senate chamber.

"Honorable Senators," Eboi announced. "The Mandalorians have defeated us on three fronts and now have the momentum in this war. First thing we must achieve is to get the refugees from the planets: Kiffu, Ukatis, and Yag'Dhul and provide them with food and shelter. I am working to send medical ships from Chandrillia over to the planets as we speak."

Eboi paused, was it necessary to slam the senators for such a reckless move? To attack the Mandalorians in their own territory when sanctions and negotiations should've sufficed? "I must say," Eboi continued. "There had to be another way to deal with the Enclave other than just attacking them first. Now they have the perfect excuse to conduct another one of their crusades against us. Millions of people have died during the first three battles. War is all what Mandalorians know and we've paid dearly for it. I just hope in the future, we be more tactful and become the diplomats that we truly are rather than jumping the gun."

But it's too late now was it?

Alicio Organa Alicio Organa , Sycorax Laveaux Sycorax Laveaux , Maldor Mecetti Maldor Mecetti , Rulonom Laborr Rulonom Laborr , Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom