Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Self-Destructive Tendencies

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Little star."

Kahlil chuckled as he felt Vera practically tackle him. He crouched, gently patting the top of her head with a much warmer smile on his face. There was little that mattered more to him than his child, his family. But his gaze lifted up to Capris, flashing a grin.

"This is Capris. My Padawan."

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Capris Halcyon Capris Halcyon

05301-C57-CA89-4-B4-F-9-FA1-7797-ED6670-C1.png

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsabers
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Capris Halcyon Capris Halcyon

Vera bounced a little when her father crouched down to pat the top of her head. She was clearly very happy to see her parents, but she was also very curious about the Padawan. Kahlil introduced her as his Padawan, and Vera just stared at her for a moment with her multi-colored eyes.

Then she smiled.

"Hello, Caprees! I'm Vera!" she grinned and then looked over to the kitchen. Without saying a word, she ran over to her mother and also wrapped herself around her legs — she couldn't feel left out, after all! "Awwe. I love you, sweetie." Valery chuckled and reached down to pat her head as well before she turned around with a pan in hand.

"Go have a seat, I'll be bringing over food in a moment."

Vera nodded and made her way back, so she could look at Capris again. "Mommy and Daddy are the best Jedi. They will help you, too." She gave a big nod and plopped down into a chair.

div-green.png

She watched the exchange between Kahlil and Vera almost anthropologically. It was.. endearing. Even if he wasn't able to see it, what with Vera squeezed around him, Capris offered her master a faint smile.

But then Vera had to go and address the new face in the room. With her multi-colored attention back on Capris, the padawan perhaps seized up a smidge. Ashla- why were kids so intimidating?

Regardless of the older girl's body language, Vera endorsed her parents whole-heartedly, plopping herself down on a chair without a care in the world. Ok yeah- she was kinda cute.

"Yeah?" The padawan asked with a light huff of amusement, seeming to find her conversational footing bit by bit, "Well that's certainly good to hear, I could use all the help I can get."

As if to emphasize her point, the girl slumped into a chair besides Vera. Today had been.. A day and a half. It was nice to finally let the buzz of excitement wan. "Are you going to be a Jedi when you grow up?"

Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Valery Noble Valery Noble

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil just smiled wide and watched the whole interaction. Between Capris and Vera. Vera and her mother. This was why he was a Jedi, to help protect moments like this. Not just for him, but everyone. Anyone and everyone. His gaze shifted back to watch Capris this time, though. Far more curious about how she was taking this whole thing. There was a lot he didn't know about her yet, but some things, like her upbringing and how she got into the Jedi, were in her file.

Capris Halcyon Capris Halcyon | Valery Noble Valery Noble

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsabers

"Mhmm!" Vera exclaimed proudly and with a big grin, as she turned in her seat to look at Capris "I want to be like mommy amd daddy!" She giggled a little and bounced in het seat, her eyes now shifting to her father, and then to her mother in the kitchen.

She also wanted to be cool, like she saw on the holo and from her parents directly.

"She might make a very good Jedi Seer if that's something she ends up wanting to do," Valery then chimed in. "Vera has been receiving visions since she was only three years old, so she has it in her."

Vera just nodded, but suddenly seemed far more interested in what her mother was bringing over. Food.

Several plates were set on the table, with food ranging from meat, to some exotic salads and vegetables. It was definitely something new, but Vera loved it before she had even tried it, and quickly began to eat after her mother filled up her plate.

"I'm curious," Valery then began while she sat down. "What made you two decide to pair up as Master and Padawan?" A question for them both.

div-green.png

“Big shoes to fill hm?” Giving into a faint smile the girl nodded along with Vera, “Sounds like you're up for the task.”

At Valery’s insight her eyes flickered back over the kid a moment. Visions? Ever since she was three? What a burden. Vera didn’t seem to think so however, or at least it didn’t cut her excitement over dinner. And in truth that excitement was downright infectious.

With a grateful look in Chef’s direction, the girl lifted a fork to her mouth, primed to take a bite. Right up until Valery hit her with a question.

“Uh-” The padawan started, her fork retreating. Their apprenticeship had been a bit unorthodox. Not exactly how most padawans went about meeting their masters, that's for sure. With a free hand she scratched the back of her neck a bit sheepishly. Heh- you wanna explain Kahlil?”

Kahlil_Div2.png

"She went down of her own volition to stop the Sithspawn because it was threatening people, and she couldn't find anyone who was handling it. I know you're the Sword and kind of supposed to follow the rules, but a Jedi willing to break them to help is the kind of Jedi I want to train. Mostly so I can keep her from getting into too much trouble and find workarounds rather than out right breaking rules."

If Capris wanted him to explain it, he would. Without hiding anything from Valery. Here in their home they weren't Jedi Masters of the New Jedi Order at least. He flashed a smile to Valery before glancing towards Capris. Gave her a simple nod.

"You're the type of Jedi the Galaxy is going to need. I just want to make sure you don't end up in a jail before you get a chance to flourish."

Capris Halcyon Capris Halcyon | Valery Noble Valery Noble

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsabers

Valery looked from Capris to Kahlil when the young Padawan asked her husband to explain. The answer that followed... made her snicker. "You also know that I didn't always follow rules myself, hm?" she grinned. Kahlil had seen with his own eyes how she went after a Sith Beast Lord during a thunderstorm, in the middle of the night on New Cov when she was just a Padawan herself. To hear that Capris went down into the lower levels to go after Sithspawn felt familiar.

"You remind me of a younger me with that mindset, and with the right teacher, you'll definitely be the kind of Jedi this Galaxy needs." For a moment, Valery thought about Master Dawn again. In a way, Kahlil was somewhat similar to him, albeit less traditional. He was the perfect Master to guide Capris.

"Mommy still gets herself in trouble too." Valery blinked at the betrayal and narrowed her eyes at the giggling Vera.

"Heyy, it doesn't happen that often," she countered, but Vera just giggled again and stuffed her face with more food. Valery grumbled in response and looked back at her husband and his new Padawan.

"I'm glad you two found each other for this. I'm always willing to help with your training too."

div-green.png
His response had her eyes widen ever so slightly, a bit caught off by the sincerity. He really thought that of her?

Kahlil's final tease saw her return back to amusement however. Jail huh? Yeah, she was admittedly something of a magnet for trouble. At least she was self-aware.

“I won’t let you down.” The girl simply promised, a glint of resolve dawning her expression. Valery’s offer was met with similar conviction. She was the Sword of the Jedi afterall, who would pass up the opportunity to train with the literal blueprint.

“Thank you.” Dipping her head, her gaze flitted from Valery to Kahlil and then back again. “Both of you.”

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsabers

Valery met her husband's gaze and looked at Capris at the same time. She smiled encouragingly and nodded in agreement with what Kahlil told her. "If you ever feel like you are letting people down, remind me to tell you the story of my scar," she said, referring to the one covering the left side of her face.

It was a mark of failure she'd wear forever.

"But he's right, of course. You'll make mistakes and struggle with some things, while you'll excel at others. He'll help you be the best Jedi you can be, and also help you grow as a person. But don't hesitate to learn from others either. I've always considered it a strength to be taught by a variety of Jedi, all with different approaches and mindsets."

She was also quite different from her husband in terms of skills and what she focused on as a Jedi, so that alone offered opportunities for lessons. Similarly, other Jedi could perhaps help as well.

"For anything personal, though... know you're always welcome here."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom