Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Self Control

When the animal returned, Aren just hoped they weren't going to be its breakfast. That was something they might have to worry about when it came back. Listening to Rann's question, she nodded.

"Yeah, if everything goes as planned and it doesn't want to turn us into breakfast. As you saw, it wanted to eat me at first."

Lifting a hand and tapping her head a couple of times, she shrugged her shoulders.

"I did dominate it. If should bring us some food back."

Letting a bit of a confused grunt, she helped on the other side of the fire to get it back into place and put some new logs on top. His question was interesting and she didn't have an answer for him. Motioning to her empty belt, she didn't have a lightsaber of her own.

"I haven't needed to use one, so never made one. But I think it's because they cut through anything. Lighting a fire would be too difficult. You're welcome to try if you want."

Then he asked how well she had slept. Giving him a smile, she didn't take long to answer.

"I think pretty good. Once my eyes closed, I didn't wake up until this morning. It was quite comfortable and warm. The only thing I lacked was the noise of a technological world. How about you?"

Rann Thress Rann Thress

Rann2-0.png

R E L A X

Rann smiled.

Uh, Yeah. I slept just fine." He blushed and looked down at their fireplace. "I think I'd rather trust good old fashioned fire-making. And that beast will bring us some small game or something? That'll be nice. It's felt like years since I last ate."
he looked back up at Aren, "If it tried to turn you into breakfast we'd just turn it into breakfast. Although I think it'd be too scared to try to eat you." he smiled again. "Not with big strong me around!" He flexed jokingly. "Although honestly, I'd be more scared of you than me."

He looked down to her waist and blinked "Uh. You uh. Ever want a lightsaber?" He looked up and met her eyes. "Not saying I could build one, I can't, but just for curiosity's sake." he removed his light saber and held it in front of him. Both for her to look at or take it if she wanted to observe it more closely.

"I've never had a problem where this didn't, at the very least, make it worse."

"And the technological thing really bothers you? I guess I can understand that. I grew up in a crowded area, where there was waaayyy too many people. I kinda... went the other way with it. I hate loud. Love the quiet. Although I think," he said, glancing around, "I'd prefer my ship to this."

Tarsunt_Plain123.png

The two of them cuddled up together was probably one of the best things that had happened to Aren in a very long time. Shrugging her shoulders when Rann asked what type of food the beast would bring back, she didn't know the answer.

"Whatever it catches I suppose. It might be a bird or a deer...who knows? I just hope it isn't a porg..."

With her sudden departure from Dorsis...she seriously hoped EL would be able to take care of her little pet. He was starting to get old and wasn't quite as spry as he once was. For a moment, she was silent as she thought about Skeeter. Not yet wanting to admit he could die anytime, she returned to the present and what was in front of her.

Giving him a smile, she understood what he meant about feeling like it had been years since eating last.

"It'll bring us something soon."

When he asked if she ever wanted a lightsaber and then held his out to her. She had only held one once before and that was all. Accepting his offer, she took a hold of it and held it in front of her. Looking down at it, she had been with him the day he had found it. Only holding it for a minute or two, she handed it back to him and still didn't answer him. Handing him the hilt back, she looked thoughtful.

"I'm not sure if I do. Haven't needed one yet, but one could have been useful at certain times if my life."

Chuckling when he said it seemed to cause more trouble than it did good. Nodding when he asked if the technology thing bothered her, she couldn't help but agree. Searching for her bag, she found it just outside of the shelter. Walking over to it, she took a small device out of it. Holding it out to Rann, she wanted him to hold it much like he had offered her his hilt.

"This trinket connects me to the holonet ALL the time. Here it's silent. All it gives me is a silent buzz or hum in my head. Here, try it."

If he did take it, then he would hear in his head, the silence she mentioned. Aren no longer needed to be in physical contact with it to work. Other people did.

"See what I mean? There's nothing here! And it bothers me."

Almost looking like she was ready to burst into tears, she saw coming out of the forest the animal she had dominated before. Instead of it wanting to attack them, it actually approached their camp, quietly dropped off the prey it had caught, and silently wandered back into the woods.

"This you can make something out of this?"

Motioning to the carcass, she felt it would probably feed both of them.

Rann Thress Rann Thress

Rann2-0.png

R E L A X

Rann kneeled over the fire and attempted to light it. After failing a couple times, he finally struck a flame. He decided against using his saber to make a fire, it seemed just a bit like overkill. After making the fire, he took the device Aren handed him and listened to it.
"That does seem like it'd be distressing. I'm sorry. We'll get off this planet soon and go somewhere nice and loud." he smiled at Aren and stood up, walking over to the carcass.
"Yeah I can do something with this. It isn't going to be gourmet, but it'll keep us fed." he grabbed the creature and walked back over to the fire, sitting down and beginning to skin the animal. While he was skinning the creature, he looked around for small sticks and, using the force, brought them together to make a spit to place their breakfast on so they could cook it.
He looked up at Aren as he began cooking their meal, "Is there anything I can do to make our...'vacation' a bit more enjoyable?" He patted the ground next to him.
"I'm not quite as loud as a populated city or planet, but I'll try to make you feel at home while you're here." he smiled again at Aren sheepishly. He wasn't the best at making people feel at ease, but he was trying to be. The last thing he wanted was for Aren to feel uncomfortable while they were stuck here together. If he could make her feel comfortable, than he would do whatever he could.
Tarsunt_Plain123.png

"Well, it's my fault we're here. I mean c'mon. Who was the one that teleported us here?"

Letting out a sigh, she smiled slightly when Rann said they would get off this world soon and go someplace loud.

"As long as it's with you and you can still have a nice quiet place for yourself. An area that's off-limits to Aren D'Shade."

Watching him move over to the animal brought for them, she put the chip back into her bag, wiped at the tears she hadn't known were in her eyes, and focused on her companion. Shrugging her shoulders when he said wasn't going to gourmet, she could see it would just be meat cooked over a fire.

"I'm sure it will be better than anything I can make. I'm not much of a cook. At least, not this kind of cooking."

When he asked if there was anything he could do to make this stranding more enjoyable, she saw he patted the ground next to him. Taking the invitation, she joined him and leaned against him. His warmth comforted her and instead of letting out an irritable sigh, it was one of contentment.

"Just being this close is enjoyable."

Rann Thress Rann Thress

Rann2-0.png

E M B R A C E

He smiled at Aren as he finished skinning their meal.
"An area that's off limits to you? I don't think I need that. Anywhere I can go, I'd like you to be able to go too." He grabbed a stick and something to bind with and lashed the carcass to the stick, then placed it over the fire. He sat back and wiped his hands on his pants.

"This isn't....quite the romantic setting I'd have liked." He looked over at Aren, placing his hand on the ground between them. "But it's pretty nice, all the same."

He wrapped his arm around her and held her close, watching the meat cook over the fire.

"Tell you what. We get off this planet? We can cook each other dinner. Then we can compare our cooking skills." He leaned his head onto hers and closed his eyes, relishing this and every moment he's gotten with her.

"I...I want more moments like this. With you. This is...nice. I forgot how happy being around you made me." He squeezed her closer ever so gently, wanting to show her his affection as genuinely and delicately as possible.

Tarsunt_Plain123.png

"Everybody needs a place that is made just for them, Rann. Neither one of us is an exception to that. I have a place on Denon that you probably wouldn't like at all. It's entirely full of technical stuff and that's not your thing. Just something that makes me...well me. I'm not going to be mad if you need a place of your own."

Staying out of his way while he did the dinner prep, she shook her head when he suggested a cook-off.

"If you like your food from a processor, then we're golden. You win."

Saying this with a smile, she shook her head when he commented about this not quite the romantic setting he had imagined.

"You want romance huh?"

Leaning into his embrace, Aren took a deep breath in through her nose and nodded.

"Me too. It really has been a long time since it was just the two of us. Ah...someday."

They would get everything figured out once they got off this world and back into the action of the Galaxy. Right now though, Aren wasn't in a hurry to get there.

Rann Thress Rann Thress

Rann2-0.png

E M B R A C E

Rann let out a laugh and pulled away from Aren's embrace to pull the Meat from the fire after it was done cooking.
"Yeah. I'm a romantic at heart. Didn't you know?"
He pulled out a small knife and cut away a bit of meat and observed it. It appeared to be cooked well enough. Tentatively took a bite and squeezed his eyes shut.
It wasn't bad, not nearly as bad as he feared...just...bland.
"Ugh. It's just. So. Meh." He looked at it and shrugged.
"It's not a five star meal. But it'll keep you fed." He smiled at Aren and held the meat out to her, handing her the side of the piece he hadn't bitten.
"I... I dunno. I guess you're right. To be honest this isn't something I ever really thought about, living spaces and, personal space, in general. I mean, back home, on Onderon it was always cramped. Kashyyyk, I had a small room. On the Ebon Hawk There were sleeping quarters. Yeah the crew was small, just the three of us, you, me, and Arekk most of the time. But still, no real space. Not really. Then, we had had the ship. Which was...nice I guess. I felt like at any moment I'd be sucked into space. But I had my own space. Then, Vjun. Where I had a small room again. Then the ship again. But....mostly? All I felt was... alone. In those times when I did have space. I guess I just got used to people. Or at least I got used to not having my own space. It's nice to not be cramped, but I don't much care for being alone. Personally." He shrugged.
"But I get it. I'm very aesthetically... Old fashioned. I guess? You're very technical. Stone walls, trees and plants doesn't really mesh well with Plasteel, transparisteel, droids, and electrical components."
He smiled. "Oh well. We could make it work. Space'd be nice. Being together'd be nice. Being together in our own space'd be nice. Ha."
Tarsunt_Plain123.png

Shaking her head when he asked her if she knew about his romantic streak but keeping silent, this wasn't an area she herself was familiar with. Leaning away from him for a moment as he took a bite of the food, she just felt like being quiet. It was a good thing too since he decided to elaborate on the topic of their own areas. Taking the meat from him, Aren silently thanked the animal that had made the kill for them.

Listening to his opinion, she nodded.

"I'm used to being more alone or with my droids than I am organics. Rann, you should have seen my bedroom at my parents! All of my tools spread out and bits and pieces of things all over. I kept it organized though. I wonder if they kept it that way. Maybe we can go back to where I grew up. That would be something for a little further in the future. Meeting my parents."

Her own memories were wonderful and he might be able to pick up on the joy of the thought of visiting her parents.

"What about your mom?"

Knowing his father really was more of a shadow than anything real to him, she didn't ask about him.

"I could even arrange for everybody to get transported to Denon for a meeting. If that might help make it happen."

Suddenly Aren felt like she was planning their future without any input from him. Growing a touch shy...but not quite, she shut her mouth and finished eating.

"This was pretty good considering what we have is basically nothing."

Wiping her hands together and on her pants, she stood up and stretched.

"While I'm not in any hurry to leave this world, I should figure out if I can accomplish that skill again."

Rann Thress Rann Thress

Rann2-0.png

A R E N

Tags: Aren D'Shade Aren D'Shade

Rann smiled at Aren. The thought of visiting her parents, of getting to know and spend more time with her, was very enticing.

"I'd love to meet your parents." He smiled again.

"I haven't seen or spoken to my mother since I left Onderon. And I left rather abruptly. I wonder if she knows I'm alive..." he paused for a moment, finishing his meal and leaning back on his hands, admiring Aren.

"If you mean meet with our parents? I mean... yeah you can try. I don't know, I'd like to think she'd come." He had nothing but fond memories of his mother, but he knew the realities of the situation he'd left behind. He could barely afford one ticket off the planet. Now was different but... could he really face his family after leaving like he did?

He'd much rather just spend his time with Aren. And the more he thought of it, the more he wished this time together could last forever.

"I too left rather in a hurry and haven't contacted my parents again. So they might not even be alive anymore. I'd like to think they are though. With my techno abilities, finding out shouldn't be too difficult. The same can be done for your mom. If you want that is."

Her voice trailed off and then his words sunk in. Giving him a huge smile, she practically tackled him to give him a big hug. She would have to do a bit of digging around, but it would be done once they returned to a civilized world.

For the second time since they crash teleported here, their arms and legs were more of a tangle and she rested her head on his chest. Arms were under him and his pretty much flat on his back with her on top. Placing her chin so she could look up at his face, she started laughing. Turning her head again, she placed her ear down to listen to his heartbeat.

"Listen to us planning all of this out. We're stuck here until I figure out a way to get us back to Dorsis."

Breathing in through her nose, she smelled Rann, the cooked food, fire nearby, and the forest beyond the clearing they were in. Suddenly the silence Aren had been hearing wasn't quite as scary as it had been. Letting out a sigh of contentment, she just laid this way for as long he would allow. When he finally indicated he needed to move, she untangled her legs and arms from him and sat up. Slowing standing, she held a hand down to help him up.

"I think I should practice teleporting and see if I can get us back to Dorsis or at least some other planet and we can make our way there."

Rann Thress Rann Thress

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom