Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Campaign Securing | Epoch

if they're watching anyways
The little 'boo' rang in her mind, and she was quick to close it off to prevent any unwanted mental incursions. In the same vein she reached out, feeling the distant threads of flowing air through the vents -- and with a twist of her hand, they were stifled, the vents now closed off by a slowly-thickening layer of Force-woven strands.

"I'll deal with you in a minute," she said softly, not even sparing a glance to Davron. Her eyes were on the young... man... that had just come out of the vent.

"Hi there. Since it's clear you've been eavesdropping, you know who I am. Unfortunately we haven't discussed the laws regarding breaking and entering, or those of espionage on an Alliance Senator. However, my friends here," she gestured to the security guards, who were advancing cautiously, "would be happy to enlighten you on these matters. I would strongly suggest complying with them. Come quietly."

Kai's mischievous introduction was cut short by the Senate lady's use of the Force, which blocked off the vent while he was still inside, muffling the rest of what she said about the guards and espionage and such. Blinking, Kai considered simply twisting his way back through the ventilation shaft, or trying to tear through the webbing she had covered the entrance with. Well, running away would just make him look guilty, and the eight (or was it nine?) hundred year old Jedi man was still in trouble...

Exerting a superhuman amount of strength against the webbing, Kai tried to break through it, all the while continuing to project his thoughts, unaware that the Senator had already closed off her mind.

<I'm Jedi Padawan Kai Bamarri, of the New Jedi Order... Here to investigate—wow, what is this stuff? It's tough!—information about Kaigann Fossk's daughter...> His teeth becoming jagged, Kai tried to bite his way through the strands. <But I think I wound up in the wrong place, and I just happened to overhear your conversation... and I don't really think it's a good idea to keep things from people, especially major things like being stuck in carbonite for centuries, so I thought I'd go ahead and tell the truth. Save a lot of time and heartache, y'know?>

He paused in his struggle against the webbing. <Are you still gonna throw me in jail? 'Cause if you could just point me in the right direction to Fossk's apartments, I'll be on my way and you won't have to bother with any of that.>

"Okay. Yeah-" seeing him struggle against the barrier, which she'd unfortunately misplaced, was kind of weird. "I'm gonna just-" another twist of her hand, and she tried to strengthen the webs around the young man's body to restrain him, then pull him out of the vent. Having enough strength to tear through her work, and the jagged teeth -- alarm bells.

The security guards stepped forward to subdue the intruder with their stun batons.

<Hey, come on!> Kai reluctantly submitted to being pulled out via the webs, but no way in hell was he about to get hit by a stun baton. <I'm sensitive to electrical currents! You'll do worse than stun me with those things!>

He was by now projecting his thoughts to everyone in the room without a mental barrier to block them. Ducking and weaving out of the way of their blows, he grappled up toward the ceiling with a stretch of his arm, hanging out there above their reach.

<Calm down! You act like I tried to assassinate you!>

"What?" She looked back at Davron for a moment, before looking back at the young man. As far as she could remember, she'd never seen him around the Temple or Prosperity, and she'd met directly with just about every member of the New Jedi Order herself. If he was a new addition... well, it was certainly in character for a New Jedi padawan to go snooping in an illegal way. If he was part of another order, that was still terrible. She hoped he was lying.

The way the young man- padawan was reacting to the approach of the guards betrayed a certain fear. She couldn't tell what species he was -- maybe Shi'ido, given the strength it'd take to break from the strands trying to restrain him, the stretch of his arm and the gnashing teeth. Why he'd be afraid of the guards... they were given pause anyways. She suspected he was speaking straight into their minds.

"Alright, enough. You," she pointed to the padawan, "get down from there, and stop speaking telepathically. If you're really a Jedi padawan, you'll listen to me -- as I said, I'm a Jedi Knight. I don't care what you were trying to do here. You're going to go with the guards, and I will speak to you later." She looked to one of the guards. "Go find the head of security, tell him to do a sweep of the palace, and send someone to take care of-" she realized she never got his name, so she pointed at him instead.

A sigh, then a glance at the time. She was going to be late at this rate.

Last edited:
"Davron Feln," he replied after a moment, when the silence where his name should've been became a noticeable void rather than a simple pause. The name didn't exactly seem enough, though, even with what had already been made plain. Still, with this New Jedi Order, this eight-or-nine-hundred years in the future, he had to make a good showing if he wanted to really get anywhere. That started with the introduction.

Davron Feln...Jedi washout? Davron Feln, Jedi Exploration Corps? Those wouldn't get him anywhere except some other pointless assignment, probably. Shuffled through the galaxy with freedom or the opportunity to do any direct good just a distant, forbidden concept. Alright, Davron, back upright, you can do it, just gotta push yourself...

He managed to gain a firm grip on the floor and pushed himself back partially up the wall, maybe...70 degrees. "Davron Feln, Jedi Knight, though I doubt I look the part right now," he continued, quickly masking the untruth with a bit of self-deprecating humor and a wry smile. "Perhaps this Padawan can't speak without telepathy. It would explain why he hasn't responded verbally at all yet, wouldn't it?"

Auteme Auteme Kai Bamarri Kai Bamarri

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom