Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Secrets not so Secret

Jarred Ketzloff

The Immaterial Has Become...Immaterial

E X C E L L A N C Y
wkYXUAB.png

Objective: Discuss plans for the Intelligence and Security Bureau

Tag(s): Tranquility Tranquility , Kren Kren , Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red , Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil Tyrael Tyrael

Chancellor Ketzloff was in a rather good mood today. They had recently secured a victory over a ragtag group of pirates and found a ideal location for the newly formed Zweihander Union to base. The Zweihander Union was growing rather quickly, acquiring contracts with big corporations and recruiting soldiers by the thousands. The branch that was working the hardest was the Interior, that was expected of course. There was lots of work still left to do, making sure some former Directorate assets had been retrieved, databanks purged of information about Directorate contacts, and the reviewing of planets to be future hotspots of ZU activity.

It hadn't been easy setting up the Zweihander Union. It had taken quite some time to find Schesa and even longer to start construction of the buildings. The doors hissed open as the Chancellor of the right walked down the hallway. The ISB HQ was by far one of his favorite buildings. It was so elaborate designed with paintings and expensive furniture everywhere. He was the first to arrive in one of the conference rooms, the others would arrive shortly. Secretary of the Interior, Tranquility had been excellent at her work. She was fit for her role, better than any human. There were pressing matters to discuss, such as the role of the former task force 66. It's members had proved loyal and stuck with the Zweihander Union...thankfully.

Last edited:

Subject 73 Red

We're more ghosts than people.
Jarred Ketzloff Jarred Ketzloff Tranquility Tranquility Kren Kren Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil Tyrael Tyrael

Red stood in a turbolift, heading up towards the conference room. He wore his armor, with his helmet under his left arm. He had been called for a meeting by Chancellor Ketzloff. Luckily, he was already on-site, after being in the battle against the pirates. He had been settling into their new base when he got the call. So, now he was headed to the conference room. After participating in the battle, he decided to stick around, making sure no pirate left-behinds tried anything. Red knew that this was going to be an important meeting, apparently there were going to be other high-ranking officials at the meeting, too. He knew that Leenic would be there, also participating in the fight, and being a fellow former member of Task Force 66. Kren, however... Red wasn't sure. He knew that Kren had followed them and joined the Zweihander Union, but Red hadn't seen him for a while, or even knew where he was.

The turbolift stopped, and the doors opened. He stepped out of the turbolift, and began walking down the hall. He passed a couple of troopers and minor officers along the way. He got a couple of weird looks at his hair, but Red was used to that. He continued walking down the corridor, then stopped in front of a door. The door slid open, and Red stepped inside. There, the Chancellor was already inside. "Chancellor Ketzloff, Red, reporting in." Red said, giving the Chancellor a salute before sitting down in a seat.

Artificial Intelligence

Jarred Ketzloff Jarred Ketzloff | Kren Kren | Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red | Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil | Tyrael Tyrael

Tranquility paid attention to the data streaming into her noticing that the meeting she was invited to, she pondered how to attend. Did she send in an HRD, use her holographic self? She decided to send in the HRD despite not needing too. She linked to one and activated it. Now she was separated from her main self. The adjustment to the difference in processing and separation from her main hub took a few seconds as her new self marched down the hall way.

She smiled towards the organics in the room. Tranquility gave them each a nod and spoke. "Hello Chancellor and Red, nice to see you. I was here already but I felt you would be more comfortable with a body in the room. I have forwarded a report of what you might want to know to your mailbox Chancellor " Tranquility took a seat and gave her best smile. Hoping that this gesture would put the others at ease. While she didn't often go in forms like this she did keep bodies around for exactly moments like this.

Kren really couldn't care less that he had transferred from one government to another. He wasn't recruited by the government itself, his team was going, his staying would more ensure his own financial demise than anything else. As far as Kren was concerned, nothing changed. He was working for and with the same people. His goals remained the same, test his own power under the rigors of another government. Enter a world so unfamiliar to him, that he would be forced to outpower it.

Kren continued to the destined location. He was wearing blast armor, and his blades were on him as typical. He wasn't exactly the most subtle man. He was a soldier, he wasn't made for subtlety. If he wasn't supposed to reveal something, he simply refused to reveal it. If he was supposed to kill someone, he did it. Tactics were one thing, but when you were among presumed allies, what purpose was there to avoid standing out?

He wasn't the first to arrive, but he should be on time. He made no grand entrance just walked in, made a nod to the group as a whole stating aloud, "I am Kren Vorak. I am here because I was told to be." his grasp of the language wasn't complete. He still was commonly avoiding conjunctions, and speaking in complete sentences. His pronunciation was extremely pronounced, maybe a little too much, but at least it was clear. Basic was, after-all, not his first language. It wasn't the words that gave him trouble, just the application.

He noticed the woman in the room, but was not familiar with her. If he needed to know, he'd be told. Or he'd ask afterwards.

Tranquility Tranquility Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red Jarred Ketzloff Jarred Ketzloff

Jarred Ketzloff

Tags: Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red , Tranquility Tranquility , Kren Kren , Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil

Shortly after Jarred arrived, the others came in. "Welcome Red, nice work with the pirates." Jarred then looked towards the droid that had appeared, Jarred was still getting used to Tranquility's abilities. "Hello Tranquility, thank you, i'll take a look at it when i'm back at my office" She sat down. "Kren, nice to see you again. Kren, Red, you two know each other. I believe you two haven't had the pleasure of meeting sweet Tranquility here. She's the secretary of the Intelligence and Security Bureau. As you've probably noticed, Serenity is not an "organic". She's also not a droid, she's a form of artificial intelligence which allows her to transfer her mind to droid forms." Jarred took a seat at the head of the table, guestering for the others to sit. The final member of the former task force 66, Leenic, had yet to arrive to the meeting. Jarred would start however, time was of the essence, and there were many pressuring matters to attend to.

"I want to first thank you all for coming here today. I would also like to thank you all for your participation and aid in defeating the pirates. I have called you all here today to discuss the future of the ISB and your roles within. Our intelligence agency is structured a bit differently from the Directorate, with which you were familiar with. There are three main divisions within the Bureau, Intelligence, Secret Police, and Internal Affairs. I believe it would be best for task force 66 to be a arm of the secret police. Currently Chief Tyrael is the leading officer of the Secret Police. You would be getting the same benefits as you were with your employment in the Directorate, with a few changes. Due to the Zweihander Union's affiliation with N&Z Umbrella Corporation and other companies, we have a much expanded arsenal of weapons, ships, vehicles, and equipment for you all to choose from. Secondly due to your help and longstanding relationship with us, we are willing to increase each of your pay. Thoughts?"

Rustbuckets will never go out of style.
Leenic sighed as he stepped into the conference room. He went towards one of the chairs and half-waved to everyone in the room, giving Tranquility Tranquility an extra glance to make sure he wasn't seeing things. "So we have droids now?" He said, slowly lowering himself into the chair he was next to. (he had missed the first part of the briefing) "That's a new one." He then leaned back in his chair and kicked his feet up onto the table.

He turned his head towards Jarred Ketzloff Jarred Ketzloff and shrugged.
"Sorry I'm late, what did I miss?"

Artificial Intelligence

Jarred Ketzloff Jarred Ketzloff | Kren Kren | Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red | Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil | Tyrael Tyrael

"Organic, if you had been on time you would note that I am far more than a mere droid. I am an Artificial Intelligence and the Secretary of the entire ISB. Perhaps you should work on your tardiness, as our line of work requires one to take your job and its responsibilities seriously. " She then turned to the chancellor. "I have commissioned a craft to allow me to aid more in future fleet engagements from N&Z. I think our relationship with them is a good thing. " Tranquility then turned and looked to the entire task force. "It is a pleasure to meet you of task force 66, I hope you will do us all proud. " She wasn't sure of the performance of this group but to be trusted enough to leave the directorate she was confident that they could do the job plus they were Chief Tyrael's problem if they couldn't. She would make sure to monitor however, organics were their own worst enemy.

Her HRD form was that of an attractive young human lady, so she was unsure what sold her as a droid. She would have to study organic behavior further to try to better her disguise. Clearly she wasn't as good as she thought at this whole pretending to be organic thing. She crossed her legs and pursed her lips awaiting a response from everyone.

Subject 73 Red

Jarred Ketzloff Jarred Ketzloff Tranquility Tranquility Kren Kren Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil

Red turned, and noticed the woman enter. Something seemed... off about her. She didn't seem to be like most ordinary people, the way she stood, the way she looked around, the way she held herself, all of it, it wasn't normal human behavior. Then, it clicked. Was this... an HRD? Interesting. Jarred introduced her as an artificial intelligence. Interesting. "Hello, Tranquility, nice to meet you. I must say, it will be interesting to work with an artificial intelligence. I've never worked with someone who's consciousness can be so widespread." He admitted. Red nodded to Kren as he walked in. Kren was a fairly straight forward guy, as the guy actually said, "I am here because I was told to be." Yeesh, talk about being straight forward. Red liked the guy, yeah, but sometimes he was a little bland and kind of stubborn.

Red listened to Chancellor Ketzloff. Alright, it seemed to be staying fairly the same, with a few additions. Leenic walked in, late. Ah, Leenic. Yeah, Leenic was a great guy, and a great soldier and fighter, but sometimes he was too laid back, too relaxed. Sometimes it seemed like he wasn't all that serious about it. Especially how Leenic just leaned back and propped his feet up onto the table. Red elbowed Leenic hard in the side, silently telling the Mandalorian to be serious and get his feet down. They were meeting with the Secretary of the ISB, after all. A: They wanted to make a good first impression, and B: She was their superior. Tranquility got after him for calling her a droid and for being late. Oh great.

Chancellor Ketzloff finished, asking for their thoughts. "I'm fine with where my pay is, Chancellor. Also, have you considered expanding Task Force 66? Yes, us three members are plenty in getting the most extreme and dangerous missions done, but perhaps an expansion could allow for the task force to be on multiple fronts on a battlefield, completing more assignments." He said.

Kren furrowed his brow at the comment from Jarred Ketzloff Jarred Ketzloff that Tranquility Tranquility was not in fact an organic. He looked at her more thoroughly. He glanced at Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red in welcoming her. However, in this matter, he was not so comprehending as Red was. "I do not understand. Are you some kind of advanced virus? Or perhaps more like a parasite that effects the...brain of a droid or system? That is not meant as a criticism. I am simply confused at how you function. I still do not understand this kind of technology well. Most do not understand my kind either. Unless it is explained to them."

Jarred seemed to have other matters as well. Such as where they would stand now, saying it should be under the secret police. This was why there should be no separation between military factions. He just considered police to be another form of the military. They enforced and watched, that's what the job of the military was wasn't it? They also offered additional payment, and a greater array of equipment. Red didn't seem to care about pay, but he did have a suggestion. "I agree with that. Three is sufficient for specific operations, but if one goes down or is missing, it becomes proportionally less optimal. Like having three fingers is far better than only two."

"In pay or equipment. I just want to be sure I have somewhere to put my medical equipment. I am aware you have your own doctors and medics. But I prefer keeping my own equipment ready. It is...comforting. I have one other request, which does not need to be provided for me to continue. I want to perhaps find a 'protocol' droid. I think it would help me with the languages when I have my own time."

Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil
would come in soon, commenting on the droid. Something that Kren was still very curious about. And he wanted an update. Kren thought about that, but he figured he'd leave it for the more verbally inclined. He wasn't opposed to talking, but it wasn't his forte.

Jarred Ketzloff

Jarred looked at the door when the final member of the task force entered. "Leenic, nice of you to finally join us." He smiled as Serenity put Leenic in his place. "That sounds good. N&Z has proved to be very helpful in providing us with advanced ships and equipment." Jarred watched as Red somewhat scolded Leenic for his tardiness and his improper manners. He smiled, he had been right to make Red the commander. "Its actually rather funny you asked that Red, coincidently, I have been thinking of expanding the task force, or at least creating a sister group. I have found another recruit that will be joining the three of you. She's new to the Zweihander Union, but she's an experienced fighter. Her name is Zesiro Zesiro . She may be coming to the meeting today. And you are right Red, an expansion would allow for more diversity. As you all probably know by now, you each of a different unique skill that sets you apart from each other. This is very useful when in a situation that may present itself as a problem and one of you can overcome it." He paused, "Yes, the Zweihander Union has a variety of protocol droids you may select."

Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil Tranquility Tranquility Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red Kren Kren

Walking off the ship he walked patiently to a place Renn was indeed late for the meeting. Schesa was new to the Merc, and he was quietly getting closer HQ.

The place looked nicer then Renn thought it would be. It was where mercs are hired, he expected more of a shed but who is he to complain. Walking in and seeing Jarred Ketzloff Jarred Ketzloff he said. "Sorry I'm late, what did I miss."

(Sorry so short, shits been going on)

Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil Kren Kren Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red Tranquility Tranquility

Rustbuckets will never go out of style.
Leenic sighed and pulled his feet of the table. "Never get to relax around here." He muttered, before sitting up straight and shaking his head. It wasn't that he opposed the leadership, he just thought they could loosen up a little bit and let a man recline in peace. Alas, he found that more members would be added to the unit (hopefully not lowering his pay) and that they would be deployed on more dangerous missions. "Well, as long as my contract doesn't loose value and I get to kill things I'm all for some help!"

Artificial Intelligence

"I am essentially a set of code that can modify itself and grow and experience for itself. I can split of copies of myself and put them in droids or ships and then communicate with these copies as needed or cannibalize them as needed. For instance the version of myself talking to you right now will cease to exist after this meeting but I will still know all that happened. This Droid will go back into storage and will await for use by me again. It has no programming of its own. Without me, this droid would just be an empty shell. "

Tranquility paused for a moment before making a suggestion. Hoping that this would give her a chance to see this elite team in action.

"I would like to see you in action. I have a proposal if the Chancellor doesn't mind. A mission on an old Baktoid facility, there is a data core that is important to me personally, guarded by security system and droids. It is on the planet Khomm, hidden beneath the serene plains of the planet. I hope you could maybe procure it for me? I will of course assist how I can and provide you with a basic threat assessment. Which is that it is host of old Baktoid battle droids. They are probably in advance stages of decay but I wouldn't underestimate them. You can get the data core through any means necessary."

Jarred Ketzloff

Jarred looked to the door as another member of the crew entered. "Ah, Renn Garrick. Welcome to the Zweihander Union." He continued not wanting Tranquility to scold another member of the team for being so late. "We were just going over pay grade, structure, all the information you need will be included in a holorecording provided to each of you. Let me introduce you to the crew, everyone this is Renn Garrick, our newest addition to the team. An intergalactic terrorist and, correct me if i'm wrong...wanted in multiple systems? No matter, you'll fit in quite well. That's Red over there, the commander of the task force. Leenic, Kren, and Tranquility who is the Intelligence and Security Bureau secretary." He guestured to each member before pausing. "Your contract will not be affected Leenic." Jarred nodded to Tranquility. "That sounds good Tranquility. A simple test. How does this sound?" He folded his hands.

Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red Tranquility Tranquility Be'iqaronn Be'iqaronn Kren Kren Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil

Subject 73 Red

Jarred Ketzloff Jarred Ketzloff Tranquility Tranquility Be'iqaronn Be'iqaronn Kren Kren Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil

Red looked at the newcomer that walked in. Chancellor Ketzloff introduced them as the newest member to the task force. Red nodded. "Nice to meet you, Mister Garrick. Welcome to Task Force 66. Like Chancellor Ketzloff said, I'm the commander of the team. It will be good to have some new blood on the team." He said, welcoming the newcomer. It would be interesting to see how this newcomer would fit in.

He turned to Tranquility as she spoke of a test mission, to see how the Task Force would do. It was a fairly straight forward mission. Chancellor Ketzloff agreed to it.
"I think we're ready for it. Mission accepted." He said.

source.gif
O B J E C T I V E: mindgames>wargames

Their files had told tales of immensely competent people, reliable to the extreme and willing to go to extreme lengths to get the job done- and yet there was much that files simply couldn’t tell you. Thus, here he was, his ear to segment of the wall, that had been thinned on his orders, listening to the Conversation that had been going on.​
A particular sentence caught his attention, and he remembered the details of the speaker; Kren Vorak, Human, 6”3’, supposedly trustworthy. This was the problem with a new group, now wasn’t it? The whole thing was a bloody security nightmare. How was he supposed to root out spies and moles when the members of his inner-most circle could be plants as well?​
When the test was suggested, Tyrael couldn’t help but bring up his gloved hand to massage his temple. He had had some different plans, but he would take what he could get. He fired up the comms link, establishing quick communications with Tranquility Tranquility .Tranquility dear, I understand how absurd this might sound, but could you do me a favour and convince these chaps that there’s going to be a civilian coming along for their first ”mission”? Perhaps a journalist or a propaganda expert? Maybe even a secretary? I will, of course, look the part. Feel free to cook up whatever evidence you might need to do so . Even as communications were still being cut, he bent forwards to tuck the two back-up lightsabers into his boots. Removing both the layers of his armor, on the other hand, allowed Tyrael to tuck up the main one into the Long sleeves of the robe. Looking just like one of those annoying media people that you could find a credit a dozen, Tyrael picked up the universal holo-pad and ran towards the corridor where The members of the Task Force would have to pass through. Hopefull, things wouldn’t go too off the tracks.
7dVlg.gif

So, the new recruit would be a female. It was not uncommon to have worked with women before, most of the times he'd worked with them however they were Vo Ni, or not in his unit since his groups were often smaller. Sometimes it was better to avoid potential problems. Kren nodded appreciatively as Jarred Ketzloff Jarred Ketzloff agreed that they'd have protocol droids for him. Kren would have to look further into that soon.

Tranquility Tranquility had answered his question. It was a weird explanation, but still one he could accept. "Thank you for your explanation. I think I mostly get it." he responded. So many latecomers today, Be'iqaronn Be'iqaronn as well as Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil had both admitted to being late. However the people in charge seemed to consider this less important than Kren did, so he kept his mouth shut.

Fortunately, these financial questions were finally aided by one about an actual mission. Thank goodness. Droids seemed to be the guards, and this was an extraction. From what little he knew about droids, at least most droids, they had high production rates and sometimes greater processing speed than most organics, but they were less creative. They had to have pre-programmed strategies. That wasn't as enormous of a flaw as it might seem. But it definitely was one. However, what he did know, was that most droids still fell to the same weapons as any other soldier. Red accepted the mission, Kren would have to look up their designs later, hopefully he could more easily understand their weaknesses that way. Until then he had one more question,
"Will this, Zesiro and 'Renn Garrick' also join in this mission? And if so could we have more clarification on their abilities so this can be well coordinated? I am used to specialized teams knowing ins and outs of skills more thoroughly to cooperate better, and I haven't even seen Zesiro."

Tyrael Tyrael Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red

Artificial Intelligence

"That is perfect, please meet the Technician that you will have to protect as he extracts the datacore for you. He knows what you are looking for and how to extract it. " She says as the opening for Tyrael Tyrael to enter the room happens. "I would prefer it if all of you do it but if you think you can do it with less than full numbers we can perhaps find a second test mission for those that don't go. I am sure we can find something for you to do. "
Tranquility looked over the room, trying to be more organic like blinking every so often, mimicking breathing and other functions this HRD could perform. She wanted to be better at this whole pretend to be human thing.

"I must say that you all have impressive resume's and I am looking forward to working with you. I hope we can do the Union proud. Do I need to procure you weapons or rides or anything for this mission, I am not sure how self sufficient your team is. "

Renn looked around the group after being introduced, turning to Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red , he said, "Hello Commander, nice to be in service to you." Looking at the rest of them he gave a little nod in greeting to the rest of them. Listening to them he turned to Kren Kren after the questions asked, "I specialize in tactics and combat, I am skilled with stealth, and can fly if needed." Renn stood there trying to figure out who was who.

Eventually he think he had it, Tranquility Tranquility was a leader along with Jarred Ketzloff Jarred Ketzloff , Red is a commander, and the rest are just under them. While Renn wasn't proud of being a pawn, he didn't care as long as he was getting paid. Looking at Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil he was curious how strong the Mando was at fighting, but he'd eventually figure it out.

Tyrael Tyrael

ya-lee-gif.gif

Tyrael hunched his back, and cleared his throat in preparation for the ordeal that the poor thing was supposed to face. With both of his palms to the door, he deliberately tripped, making him stumble into the conference room even as the door slid open.With that oh-so-perfect expression that was reminiscent of a deer caught in headlights, he began the charade.​
BlpVHqS.png
I-I-I’m S-Sorry, Ms Tranquili-ity. I-I-I know was supposed to s-stay outside bu-but ZI accidentally t-tripped and I a-accidentally entered the room...He had his voice slowly die out, as if just noticing the stares from the people already present. S-Sorry f-for the interruption, Ms Tr-Tranquility. Having finally shut up, he slumped off to the corner, the perfect picture of defeated subordination.

kL4BEHq.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom