Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Scythe of Bikadinir'Chaabar (Run Through With Fear)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scythe of Bikadinir'Chaabar
(Run Through with Fear)
u1Yj0MeUQue1R69ado80VQ.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: @Ginnie Dib
  • Affiliation: Aedan Miles
  • Model: Not-Applicable
  • Modularity: No

• Production: Unique
  • Material: Ori'ramikad Wood, Repulsors, Cortosis
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Scythe-Sword
  • Size: Large
  • Weight: Light
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Deimos-Chaabar: Combines with the Ring of Deimos-Chaabar to power the Scythe's fear-based Hurlothrombic Gas.
  • Atunement: Using her talents in Alchemy & Force Imbuement, Ginnie paired the Scythe and the Ring of Deimos-Chabaar, making use of the scythe possible only for the ring's wearer. Repulsors within the Scythe will actively work to counter any unauthorized use. This imbuement also strengthens the otherwise brittle cortosis for use against melee weapons & lightsabers alike.
Strengths:
  • Deimos: Each time the scythe cuts an opponent, it increases illogical fear and terror. This is done through capsules of burst-release Hurlothrombic Gas built into the tang of the scythe.
  • Lightsaber Resistant: The Blade includes a Cortosis Weave to 'short out' lightsabers & energy based weapons.
  • Icy Touch: The vibroblade is Echani-designed, with the unique properties of Echani Vibroblade super cooling, making strikes by the Scythe icy to the touch.
  • Repulsor Rearm: Built into the snath & heel of the Scythe, repulsor coils triggered to the Ring of Deimos Chabaar recall the weapon to Aedan Miles on command as long as the ring is on his person.
Weaknesses:
  • Shaft: Ori'ramikad Wood is as strong as wood could get, but it's still wood and liable to break given the right strike or pressure.
  • Hurlothrombic Gas: In an enclosed space, there is no controlling who does or does not breathe in the fear-inducing gas. It targets everyone within its' range, regardless of friend or foe.
  • Capsules: The Hurlothrombic gas capsules contain enough pressurized gas for twelve to fifteen strikes. Once the capsule is used, Aedan must remove and insert a new cartridge, taking up time on the battlefield.
  • No Ring? No Scythe: Due to tuning into the ring's vibrational frequency, if Aedan is not physically wearing the Ring of Deimos-Chabaar, he cannot utilize the Scythe.
DESCRIPTION
The Pirate King Aedan Miles needed a weapon as prestigious as his new title of Warmaster of Mandalore. The Mand'alor's personal Goran (beskarsmith) Ginnie rose to the challenge. Her talents in Mandalorian weaponry and Sith Alchemy meant a true synthesis of the two... yet the Mandalorian fashion was to create technological weapons which worked regardless of the Force. How could a true synthesis be created?

Ginnie Dib began her Sith Alchemical training as a thirteen year old girl, crafting her own Alchemical & Beskar Forge on Ziost. When both Alkor and the enigmatic [member="Livia Maddox"] came with the conundrum of Aedan Miles' proper gear, Ginnie cracked her knuckles and got working. This was going to be a weapon to last generations, if treated right. It would be a masterpiece of Mandalorian practicality. Her dar'vod might have put time into Phobos Devices, but Ginnie knew she could find technological ways of increasing such effects without the legendary mechanisms.

The Scythe would combine with the power of the Ring of Deimos-Chaabar, to create a compounding state of fear in all opponents, who met with its' blade. This combination is not alchemical in nature, but chemical. Ginnie crafted Hurlothrombic Gas capsules to trigger, when the blade meets enough force. The bursts of chemical gas are a technological accent to Aedan Miles' force powers.

Ultimately, the Scythe is a vibrobladed weapon made of fine materials and finished with replaceable gas capsules. Several of the fragile capsules can be kept on Aedan's person, for reloading the gas in extended battles.

[member="Ginnie Dib"], I am not sure if it may have passed your eye or not, but Cortosis weave cannot short out Lightsabers. As mentioned Here.

"Cortosis ore actually shorts out lightsaber blades on contact, forcing the wielder to reignite their weapon. Instead of shorting out a Jedi or Sith opponent's blade, the weave simply prevented the lightsaber from cleaving the blade in two at the point of contact."

However, before I give you an alternative, I need to mention one thing.

Ginnie Dib said:
No Ring? No Scythe: If Aedan is not physically wearing the Ring of Deimos-Chabaar, he cannot utilize the Scythe.
If the weapon is linked to the ring through the force via this way, as the Ring itself is a force based artifact, then what you can do, us utilize the Nigh indestructible usage of Alchemy/Imbuement to use a pure cortosis blade, and still have the Shorting out effect. Secondary to that, it would still be linked to the ring.

[member="Auberon"]

Thanks for getting to this!

I switched the blade to straight Cortosis. I was hoping to avoid heavy alchemy on the blade for a technological option (a 'tuning in' to the vibrational frequency of the ring, or a scan of the unique metal and gem components), but if alchemy is going to be the better option, then Ginnie's the one to get that done.

If I've misunderstood entirely what you've said, I apologize.

[member="Ginnie Dib"],

Alchemy doesn't need to be heavily influenced in order to be effective. It could literally only be that the force was used so that the connection between the sword and the ring are effective, but is not enough to be a full fledged sith sword.

An example I will use will be of Force Sensitives.

Force Sensitives are people who are sensitive to the force, and can directly control/train how to use it. While there is a sub-sect of people who are "touched" by the force, Called Force Attuned/Attunement however cannot control it as they do not/can't have a deep enough connection with it. In Canon, Han Solo was listed as one of these individuals when Jaina Solo was at her wedding day. She sensed the force within Han, but it was very faint and show little to no influence at all.

This is how I see the sword. Attuned to the force, but not directly connected with it.

What we can do, is have this sword attuned to be more resilient since Cortosis is naturally brittle, and it is attuned BECAUSE of the ring it is tied too.

[member="Ginnie Dib"], With that in mind, I am just speaking for clarification.

The sword itself is attuned, but not directly influenced by the force. Its only link to the force is the ring itself, and it alone.

Enjoy the sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom