Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scout's Honor (The First Order Scouting of Dosuun)

Eriadu had been punished for their betrayal of the First Order. A message had been sent. Jaron had not been part of it, but it was something which had gotten his attention. The wandering force user had not found a place to belong since he abandoned the light. Most of his days had been spent on Arbra, but Jaron was constantly looking for a place he, and the redhead from Denon, could belong to. The Knights of Ren were an interesting group, but Jaron didn't care. They seemed to have purpose, and that was something Jaron lacked.

He was to meet one of the Knights [member="Belis Ren"], and one of the pilots [member="Daska Tess"], in the shuttle bay. They would be taking a scouting mission to look for a new world. The idea was to find a place where a presence could be held, while in the meantime the faction would use a mobile headquarters of sorts. Jaron didn't care about the particulars, but he did care to help. He'd always been one to work behind the scenes.

Jaron was dressed in a black tie pilot uniform. He wasn't one for robes, and had ever been. It was a Lesan thing. He just hoped no one gave him flack over it. His attitude wasn't one that would handle that well. He snarked back when he needed to. Around his waist was his twin red bladed sabers. He'd used parts from several lightsabers to craft the ones he used now. If Dosuun worked well, then The First Order could continue to build and grow. They would keep order in the galaxy, they could keep a mess like Corellia from happening again.

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
Flight Lieutenant Daska Tess had received orders to fly a small scouting party to Dosuun, a planet in the far southwest reaches of Wild Space. From her understanding two Knights of Ren would be joining the elite TIE pilot for this excursion.

Since leaving Eriadu in ruins after their government's betrayal, the First Order had been looking at various places to house bases for their growing faction. Dosuun was chosen for its location far from outside control, and for its varied terrain and several seas, The terrestrial planet also had a least one area of hilly temperate grassland. All around good for training purposes and supportive means. Also, there had been an Imperial Remnant installation situated there many millennium ago, so there was some history there of an Imperial presence.

Having arrived two hours in advance of set departure time from the ISD they now called home, Tess had made sure the ship was well prepped and ready to depart as soon as the passengers showed up. The golden blonde was dressed in her pilot's day uniform. The Bastionian had been doing one last pre-flight walk around when she noticed a young man standing near the rear ramp of the transport. He was wearing a generic black TIE pilot uniform… Really?! The guy was no pilot the lieutenant knew.

"May I help you?" the blue-eyed woman asked curtly, her steely eyes bearing into him.

[member="Jaron Lesan"] [member="Belis Ren"]

Jaron looked over the blonde whose look could kill if allowed. Clearly wearing the uniform was a faux pas he'd have to make up for later. For now, she was the pilot, and he one of the passengers. Orders were orders, and they'd have to deal with each other. The dark haired Ren nodded before he spoke.

"I am Jaron Lesan, one of the two Ren meeting you here. Lt. Tess I assume," he offered his hand in a greeting. It had been a while since Jaron had to use any kind of interpersonal skills in relating to people. He'd been a recluse of sorts with Sasha for a while, and he had enjoyed being his own man, and not having anyone other than her to be concerned with. "Sorry if the uniform bothers you, but the robes the Ren wear are itchy, tight, and not anything I want to be seen in. Besides, I like to fly when I can, so I asked for a standard issue jumper to be issued to me."

That likely would not go over well, nor would the fact he walked passed her after their introductions. His mind was focused on the mission, and not looking her over anymore than he had. It was hard to not notice she was attractive. Jaron was failing at it miserably. He was a Lesan after all, and the reputation of his family name was not one he'd escaped. At least the First Order knew nothing of it.

"I like the design of this ship. You're quite fortunate to pilot this incredible machine. I've looked over the specs several times, and it seems like it would be fun to get my hands on. Mind if I look over the cockpit while we wait for [member="Belis Ren"]?"

[member="Daska Tess"]

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
Steely blue orbs took in [member="Jaron Lesan"], who seemed to be a rebel of sorts, then received his offered hand and returned the greeting in a professional manner.

"Yes, I am Flight Lieutenant Daska Tess of Delta Squadron, and what you wear is of no concern to me only your superiors," Daska replied curtly with a nod.

This dark-haired Ren was a brash one as she watched him ever silently just make his way into the ship like he owned the place. Now that did not sit well with her. Following quickly, Tess' perfectly polished black heeled-boots clicked on the durasteel decking of the ramp and then the corridor that led to the spherical-shaped cockpit.

"I am indeed fortunate to be the pilot of this incredible machine as you called her," the blonde answered with a bit of pride in her voice. What? Daska had worked very hard to achieve the level she was at in the TIE Corps. Passing by Lesan, she smoothly slipped into the captain's chair like it was muscle memory.

"You may look, but I prefer you do not touch. It is set up as I prefer. The ship is ready to depart as soon as the senior member of your Order arrives."

[member="Belis Ren"]

Jaron nodded. He could understand that she did not want him to touch. The ship was ready to take off, and by the red stripe he had spied when he had given her a once over, [member="Daska Tess"] was an elite pilot. She knew her ship, and liked things the way she had them. Jaron made a mental note to listen to her. The steely cold glare, and her status as a pilot, meant she really meant what she said and could back it up.

"I promise not to touch anything. The only way I'll fly is if you cannot, and since this is a routine scouting mission I am not sure the need will arise. Though, I think I need to see about getting me one of these."

Jaron smirked at the idea of having his own ship that was nicer than a cloaked infiltrator. He was not subservient to that woman anymore, and glad of it. She made him do her dirty work, trying to make a super weapon. The dark haired Sith had promised him that she could keep Corellia from happening again, give him the power to stop it, but Jaron saw through her. She had lied.

Jaron took the co-pilot chair, leaving the other seat for [member="Belis Ren"] when he arrived. The Ren was superior after all, and Jaron just there because both were being sent to scout. This would also serve to see if Belis could finish Jaron's training. He was close to knighthood after all. As soon as he could be would take to his own missions.

"He should be here soon."

It was the duty of each of the Ren to see above the individual goals in their lives and do what was right for their brotherhood, the First Order and their Supreme Leader. Or that is what they were taught to believe.
Belis was different, he was not forged from birth like many of the knights, yet he had been the first to bare the title. He had been a Jedi once, found by Sieger Ren and corrupted slowly over years of whispers and darkened promises. Yet it had made him stronger, made him realise the truth in the galaxy and most of all had given him more purpose than anything the Jedi had offered to him.
That is why he was here. On the flight deck of the Star Destroyer dubbed Sieger’s Wrath.

The small scouting ship that they had specially designed for the Ren was waiting him, a pilot already assigned as well as another of his brotherhood, a Disciple of the Beyond as they had become to be known. Belis was uncertain if he had gained his Ren title yet, after all it was not a compulsory trait to take it on, just a badge of honour among the brotherhood. He would find out soon enough.

He headed up the access ramp, open and ready for him and made his way inside where he heard two voices from the cockpit.
“I would highly advise taking her seriously.” Belis stated as he entered the cockpit, his voice distorted by the voice array in his helmet. “Lieutenant Tess has been known to remove hands for touching her ships controls.” Hands moved to remove his mask from his face, the helmet being placed down on the seat next to his own.
His face was still that of the boyish Jedi that had disappeared from the Republic, his voice much calmer than the helmet synthesiser illusion made it out to be. “Much of it is greatly exaggerated I am sure.” He raised his eyebrows in jest before taking a seat.

“We are ready when you are Lieutenant.”

[member="Jaron Lesan"] | [member="Daska Tess"]

Daska asked me to post next

No sooner had Jaron spoken his promise, and the soon arriaval of [member="Belis Ren"], than the sound of footfalls were heard echoing in the corridor. The Ren made himself known, and informed Jaron of a trait he certainly hoped was made in jest about the blonde pilot. Eyes darted between the two as the Ren removed his mask and indeed showed he was only teasing. Jaron found it odd that such a young looking fave could be found under the mask. By reputation, the Ren before them had to be near forty years of age, but such things could be just that, reputation.

"I certainly hope those reports are exaggerated, my lord." Jaron's eyes looked to the blonde hoping for any indication that she would betray how much of it was exaggerated. Her steely cold look would not betray, Jaron feared. It was fascinating. He read people well, but could not read the pilot. This made her curious to him, and that was dangerous. "We've already been cleared for departure," Jaron added doing his best to touch nothing unless told to.

The young Corellian was certain this scounting trip would produce a favorable outcome. This was a simple mission afterall, and the Ren would know what they were looking for. [member="Daska Tess"] also seemed quite capable. She'd see things from a military perspective. The party was small, but they would be efficient. The assumed destination was the remains of a old imperial base which predated the current empire by a few centuries. The only uncertainty was what, or who, may have taken up residence in the place.

"Ready, indeed."

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
Daska kept her facial features neutral to the teasing that [member="Belis Ren"] subjected her to and to keep [member="Jaron Lesan"] guessing if it was indeed true. To a degree it was… The elite TIE pilot had been known to teach a man a lesson or two with her hydrospanner. She didn't take kindly to anyone touching her goods in the form of the TIE pilot's ship or otherwise unless explicably given permission to, which was a rare occurrence. The blonde liked to take care of her own fighter, and now this transport as well.

The Flight Lieutenant turned her head from where she sat in the pilot's command chair and gave the Knight of Ren a respectful nod where he was sitting in the passenger seat behind his disciple. This would be an interesting mission, and these two would make it even more so she had a feeling.

"Momentarily, my lord," Tess stated confidently, then turned back to prepare for departure; her steely blue gaze telling the aspiring other pilot she had this. The ship lifted off the hanger deck with well-practiced ease and moved forward, then down through the magcon of the secondary hanger located on the underbelly of the Sieger's Wraith.

The Prime Shadow's sublight engines surged with smooth acceleration as its pilot deftly manipulated the controls while the transport moved away quickly from the Star Destroyer en route to their exit vector. The jump coordinates were locked into the nav computer. Because of their current location in the Outer Rim's southwestern quadrant, the travel time to Dosuun at the far edge of Wild Space would be about twelve hours with the Prime Shadow's class 0.5 hyperdrive.

"Prepare for lightspeed in ten… " Tess announced, then flipped a switch on the starship's complicated console when a ding echoed inside the spherical cockpit. The stars ahead began to turn into streaks and the familiar unreal tunnel made way for them. With a well-tuned whine, the Prime Shadow and its passengers rocketed into hyperspace.

“Very good Lieutenant.” Belis made note of the easy jump to lightspeed and slid back in his chair, the twelve hours it would take to get to Dosuun would allow him some time for thought and appraisal of what had been asked of him and sequentially the rest of the Ren as well. Meditation was not an option, it was a weak excuse of the Jedi to try an explain why they were the chosen of the Force, the Ren would not be so weak.

He allowed some hours for private recreation among the crew members, but the Prime Shadow hadn’t been built for space and comfort meaning most of their downtime was spent among the cockpit. The reports of Dosuun were also freely accessible, the ship having one of the most advanced data-streams available within the First Order, however it seemed that reports ceased anytime after the Galactic Civil War and they would be landing on a planet untouched for centuries.
Still he couldn’t let that interrupt his goals, they had a job to do an all three of them would play an intricate part.

[member="Daska Tess"] | [member="Jaron Lesan"]

They were allowed recreational down time for the first few hours. The Ren were rather decoted to the cause, but Jaron he was unlike most Ren as his own goals were always placed above that of the rest of the group. As long as they went in the same direction, Jaron would not deviate. Some would consider him selfish in that, and maybe he was, but that was how things would be. He could over looke the genocide of Eriadu as long as the world itself was not lost. His goal was to ensure people would no longer be displaced by the destruction of the world they called home. The best way to solve the refugee crisis Corellia had made when it was destroyed was to ensure there would not be situations to make refugees.

Jaron retreated to the galley long enough to get some food, and caf. Space as cold, and despite the Ren influence, he still ate, and still indulged in the substances he had before his time among them. There were those among the Ren who punished themselves with fasts and discipline to prove their devotion, but not Jaron. Deveotion was not demonstrated by sacrifice, but the fruit of one's actions. His return to the cockpit had seen him bringing a caraf of the caffenated brew along with mugs for each of the crew.

"So what is the place, my lord," Jaron asked as he took the co-pilot's seat once more. "Are we to split up once we have landed, or are we doing this together? The task was not clearly outlined, just that I was to report to help scout the planet."

Jaron's attention turned to the blonde pilot. He was curious about her orders. Was her job simply to ferry them from the Star Destroyer to Dosuun. He saw value in her input, but wondered if she was going to be permitted to give it. Perhaps he needed to take a chance.

"Lt. Tess, what were your orders? Are you just a pilot in this affair, or are you part of the scouting party as well?"

[member="Daska Tess"] | [member="Belis Ren"]

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
Daska kept herself busy with the task at hand of monitoring the ship's progress and it's systems while they were traveling in hyperspace; it was none of her business what the others did during this time. When [member="Jaron Lesan"] brought some much needed caf, the blonde gave the young Ren a nod of thanks while accepting a mug of the steaming caffeinated drink.

The Flight Lieutenant listened thoughtfully to what [member="Belis Ren"] told his disciple about their mission, then she answered the question put to her.

"Like you, I am tasked with making observations, mine though are of a military nature," Tess replied matter of fact, then turned back to the console as a ding went off.

"Two minutes to reversion, gentlemen," she stated, then gulped down the rest of the caf in the mug and handed it back to Jaron.

"Thank you. It hit the spot," Dask offered with the smallest of smiles, then her steely blue gaze became very serious as nimble fingers began prepping the Prime Shadow for coming out of hyperspace.

"We will be decanting in stealth mode, my lord."

Jaron nixed with a small smile. The icy blonde cracked a small smile and seemed genuinely cordial. Perhaps the cold exterior was a facade to hide the person beneath. He said nothing as they were about to break from light speed, but Jaron was grateful for the slightest glimpse of her true self. It made sense she was here for military perspective, as well. Nothing about this mission was an accident. Jaron truly had to adjust to the strategic and methodical thinking of the First Order. He usually playe everything by ear and shot from the hip. That wouldn't work with the Ren.

[member="Daska Tess"] decanted as smoothly as she made the jump. Jaron, a pilot himself, admired her control of the ship, and knew she deserved her rank among the elites.

"Let's head to the old base first. It has the most potential, and we need to make sure we have the forces to secure it properly. Also I have a keen interest if the Ren can find a home as well. If the military and the Ren can base from the same location that is only a plus."

He was candid with his opinion and would be further of asked. Eyes turned to Daska as she was in the seat next to his. Entering the coordinates into the relay, Jaron sent them to Daska's consol for viewing.

"Can you find an inconspicuous place to land?"

[member="Belis Ren"]

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
"As you wish."

Daska took the Prime Shadow down through the upper atmosphere to the lower. It was a pretty smooth decent. As they broke through the upper cloud cover the planet below was rich in color; the deep greens of the grass lands, the bright blue water ways, and the brownish grays of the rocky mountains. One could see why this might be a nice place to want to put a base, well at least for the ascetics.

With the coordinates received from her humble co-pilot, the elite pilot flew the transport towards the old Imperial base location, or at least where the remnants of it were to be found hopefully. It wasn't long till the they found it, many of the structures still intact for the most part.

"How about that open area on the island? There should be just enough room to land there. We can start in the middle and work outward," Tess answered, then brought them in and set the ship down with well-practiced ease.

[member="Jaron Lesan"] [member="Belis Ren"]

"There is a landing strip on that island. Clearly this place was designed to anticipate the heavy traffic flow a proper base would receive. It already looks promising," Jaron said in agreement with the blonde.

He sat back and let her take the landing. He'd already been warned not to touch the controls because they were as she liked them. Again [member="Daska Tess"] showed her skill with a better than text book landing. The young Ren found himself thinking about spending some more time in the sims so he could impress the blonde with his own handling of a ship. Right now, he had to focus on the task at hand, but the blonde was making that difficult. Jaron would have to supress the interest until a later time. Was it even okay for him to be interested?

Standing, Jaron smoothed out his pilot suit, and ensured his lightsabers were still secure to the belt he'd fastened around his waist. While he likely would not have to use them, one could never be too prepared. The last time Jaron explored a new place, he had to deal with a man eating fish. It was fun to handle, but still dangerous. The sound of his boots walking down the corridor to the loading ramp echoed as he passed through. He punched the lever to release the ramp, and took walked onto the island ground.

The temprature was moderate, not too hot or cold. A slight breeze welcomed the scouting party carrying with it the scent of the water which surrounded the area. Most of the ground was green or duracrete. The green was mostly moss which had grown as a result of the sunlight and moisture. There was nothing initially which Jaron saw that would detract from using the place as a new home for the First Order.

"We should clear the buildings I suppose and assess the work which would need to be done. Hopefully we won't run into any visitors," Jaron said as he heard steps coming up behind him. "With some work, it seems we may be able to have a sustainable future here."

[member="Belis Ren"]

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
"I will activate the droids in the hold sent to collect data on the planet for further analysis of the potential here to support a base of operations. They will also do a detailed reconnaissance of the area as well. Our reports will supplement those findings," the Flight Lieutenant nodded after post-flight check was done to the two Ren.

After a quick trip to the small cargo hold to activate the droids as indicated she would, Tess went to the weapons locker near the boarding ramp and grabbed a blaster rifle to go with her pilot's side arm already holstered off the blonde's shapely hip. She let [member="Jaron Lesan"] take point, then followed the Disciple down the ramp and outside with [member="Belis Ren"] coming as he saw fit.

"Shall we start with the larger one as it seems to be the most prominent of the buildings before us. Perhaps a headquarters of some sort," Daska suggested thoughtfully, then inquired of Jaron. "Do you sense any beings in this area?"

"The larger building is the best place to start. It has the best chance to be tied into any of the other larger structures spread out on the other land masses. If anything is still functional we can see what the condition of the base is with relative ease."

The droids could do much of the detailed scans and take video surveillance of the area. They would also be able to cover more squared meters than they could. The Ren could cover a lot, but this wasn't an assignent for just them. The assignenment was also not one to be rushed. [member="Daska Tess"] was not going to take anything for granted either. He watched as she grabbed a rifle from the weapons locker at the boarding ramp of th ship. He hoped this was going to be easy, but things like this weren't usually. Old security protocols often remained active long after a base was abandoned.

Jaron stopped when Daska asked about whether he sensed anything. Closing his eyes he stretched out with the force, his own aura, and searched the facilty for anything that would suggest there was anything living inside. The lieutenant would potentially feel his aura brush against her consciousness as he scanned for life all around him.

"I do not," he replied as he moved forward. "That doesn't mean there isn't anything inside though. We should still be cautious. I did sense the building is still pulling power."

He led the way to th main door. It was large, rusted, but not overly so. The material may need to be sanded down and repainted, but nothing indicated there was major work to the outer structure. The controls were on the left wall near the door, and Jaron opened the door. If there was an old security protocol in place there was only way to find out. Pressing it, the door slid open. So far so good.

[member="Belis Ren"]

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
Tess had received training to resist Force users from entering her mind so when she felt something brushing up against her from inside not outside, the elite pilot knew it was [member="Jaron Lesan"] as he scanned the Force. He would feel a cold exterior protecting herself. They hadn't known each other long and Daska was still very cautious around the young Ren; not allowing him too close yet close enough to understand him better.

"Well that is good."

The blonde pilot brought her blaster rifle to ready, then gave Jaron the nod to go ahead and open the door. There were no surprises thankfully, but still they needed to keep their focus sharp. Daska took out a small scanner from a pouch on her utility belt and held it up, moving it around. After a few moments, she put it away.

"Energy source is down the corridor and to the right. Pretty good reading too. You want to be point or shall I?" she inquired simply, then made an observation/comment before they moved from the entrance.

"You are not like some of the Ren I've met at the Citadel. How did you come to be one, if I may ask?"

[member="Belis Ren"]

Jaron smirked at the question of who would take point. His instinct was to tell the blonde pilot to take the lead so he could let his eyes dip below her waist and admire her perfectly shaped backside. There was something about the vast building, and the fact everything was working properly that made him pause. Jaron was a full blooded man, [member="Sasha Voss"] could attest to how much so, but right now there was a sensation in the force which made him step ahead. She could admire his nicely shaped buttocks on the way in.

"A good reading... I think I better take point. I can always create a barrier for you with my lightsabers if it comes to giving you the cover you need if we get in a fire fight."

There was the matter of her other question. Why was he not like the other Ren. The answer for that was simple, Jaron was not like most force users. His story was unique. He would later learn it was not as unique as he thought. [member="Belis Ren"] had once been a Jedi, and already seemed less fanatical than the others. Jaron despised how fanatical the others seemed. They made the force their religion and Palpatine their god. Some god he was. The Sith was dead.

"I wasn't always a Ren, perhaps. The religious fanatical types, they were raised to worship Palpatine it seems. I was raised with my uncle on Corellia, and trained to be a Jedi Shadow. When Corelia was torn apart, I left bitter, angry, and hurt. The dark side called to me, but I had little guidance. I spent the past year before joining the Ren hiding away in a sanctuary of sorts on Arbra. I had a friend, a lover, but she...." Jaron paused. He was still unclear really why she was gone, restlessness maybe. All he knew was she had left him. "She left, and I found the First Order in my travels. The Ren gave me what no one else had, direction, and way to see a galaxy where things like what happened to Corellia will not happen again."

Jaron stopped. His senses were on edge as they entered the main chamber. Nothing had happened the entire way in, but he was still wary. Why were his feelings so certain there was trouble. He hoped he was wrong.

"What about you," he asked walking up to the main console, "How did you earn those blood stripes down your legs?"

[member="Daska Tess"]

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
Daska listened thoughtfully to [member="Jaron Lesan"]'s story of how he came to be a Knight of Ren as the two made their way down the main corridor of the building; she watching their six, his six, as they did. It was cute upon the momentary glance... or two taken by her, but that thought pattern needed to be expunged from her mind right now. Eyes up, duty focused.

Of course, he asked the same question of her, though the Bastionian's was too complicated to explain here at the time. The elite TIE pilot simply answered the dark-haired disciple with, "Through blood, sweat, and tears. Buy me a drink sometime and I'l tell you about it."

Yes, only with the soothing nature of alcohol could she share her own story; a fairytale to a degree and a horror movie as well. The deep scars Flight Lieutenant Tess carried were both visible and not. She hide them well under her steely professional facade. Jaron somehow made Daska feel less inclined to do so. Hopefully it wasn't some Force trick to exploit her weakness, then take advantage of her good will. She'd heard rumors of such things Force users did, but it could just be a man thing too.

As Jaron went to push a prominently displayed button on the control panel, Daska's Imperial training kicked in with protocols of old coming to mind. "Stop! Don't push….. " but it was too late.

"We've got company," she added taking up a defensive position. "Well at least we know the systems and programs are intact now."

[member="Belis Ren"]

Jaron made a slight chuckle at Daska's answer. She would answer with such a response. He'd felt the cold exterior when he had scanned the area for life forms. She had some training to resist mental probes, that was clear by the barrier she had in place. It made sense the Ren had trained her and explained the question she asked about them earlier. She would have dealt with one far more fanatical than him.

"I'll have to buy you that drink sooner than later, because I am rather curious. You intrigue me."

He might as well admit it. Her cold exterior was Jaron faced on the surface, but on the inside, beneath it, there seemed to be something else much warmer. [member="Daska Tess"] seemed to hint at it with looks, and the things she said. Jaron had been a Jedi for a time, and learned to pick up on the subtle cues people gave. The one Daska gave about the button Jaron was about to push was not subtle, but not timed well either. It was too late, and the console fired right up, but also triggered old Imperial protocols activating security droids.

"We should entertain them then," he said igniting his lightsabers.

Jaron took up the opening stance for Jar'Kai. He was usually an agressive combatant, but this was a different case. Niman would be used best here since the goal was survival and providing a barricade for the elite pilot. The security droids could be heard running down the hall, and their heels Jaron heard droidekas. This was going to be fun. Blaster fire streaked across the open space, and Jaron's dance of deflecting the bolts began.

"Pick off what you can, and I'll make sure you have the time to do it."

[member="Daska Tess"] [member="Belis Ren"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom