Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

School in the Jedi Way [Seamus & Marcus Training Class]

Ossus
Training Rooms

About a week ago, Maria wouldn't have even dreamt of having a Padawan. It felt like too much responsibility to her, she feared it would be something horrendous. She herself was not too good at being a Jedi, so having to train somebody seemed like a task she couldn't succeed in. But then she had received her very first Padawan and even before she could do anything about it, she took on the responsibility to give a few Padawans some classes.

The woman, wearing her own maroon red Jedi robe and some simple leather shirt and trousers beneath it, she looked like a true Jedi, but deep inside, she was still rather unsure whether she was a true Jedi or a wannabe one. Only a month or so ago had she returned to the Order after having another fall to the Dark Side of the Force.

Now she stood in the training room, a blackboard right next to her, and thought. Thought about the upcoming class. The people who were assumed to come there had told about their wish to learn more about the Force and one of these powers was Telekinesis.

She remember how she had learned it and that's exactly how she was going to teach using it. If she was able to teach that, that is. The woman had no idea if she could teach the Padawans to use it like she did it. His teacher had been a master at telekinesis, she herself had only barely learned it. Yes, she knew the basics - which she hoped to get through with - but she had no idea how the advanced versions work.

She worried at lot that day. What made her even more hopeless was the fact that the Padawans were just about to arrive.

[ [member="Seamus Valik"] ] [ [member="Marcus"] ]

[member="Maria Natalja"]

He was a bit taken back as his leather padawan boots drumbed rhythmically down the stone floored corridor. He'd not had a class yet other than the very basics. His cheerful grin plastered on his face like a permanent mask of glee was no put on one. He was simply happy. His hands politely held infront of himself fingers interlocked he strode toward the classroom. His strength in the force was...well....he could use it...really, when he tried hard enough but his chances of doing much more than read about the advanced skills were. How do you say 'ain't gonna happen' nicely? Um....he would be a very good reader about advanced skills.

He walked in and his smile broadened as he saw his teacher and silently thanked the force that there were so many pretty people about, dismissed further thought and made a proper bow of greeting.

"Padawan Valik at your service Madam." He said before taking his place.

After the lightsaber class with the Master, he received a summon to attend a class. Rolling his eyes at the message, he found himself at the entrance of the class. Before he was entering the class, he was using his hands to smooth the normal Padawan outfit that they assigned to him. Of course, he left the brown robe in his classroom. He hoped that the instructor will not fuss at him for his decision. Taking a deep breath, he took a step inside the class. He noticed that there was another padawan already and groaned to himself internal. I hope that I'm not bloody late. He thought to himself as he bowed his head at the instructor.

He noticed that he saw both of them in the lightsaber class too. Eh, it will be interesting..."Master, Padawan Marcus is present."

[ [member="Seamus Valik"] | [member="Marcus"] ]

Maria only nodded to Seamus when he stepped into the room and took a seat. The second Padawan had yet to come, but he wasn't late yet. Nervousness and worry grew in the woman; she felt like getting sick. But she breathed in deeply and tried to focus on something other than giving a lesson to two faithful students. However, she couldn't. Meditation might have helped, but how could she take time for a meditation when she was supposed to start a lesson in a few minutes.

And then Marcus came, to which Maria raised his head, trying to show confidence, and spoke with a higher than usual voice, "Hello, dear Padawans! You may already know me, but I am going to introduce myself, anyway. So, I am Knight Natalja, but I would like you to call me Maria." She started walking around the middle of the room and continued, "The Force - I started learning it from a young age, but I started more in-depth work when I became an adult. But that doesn't matter too much. What I wanted to tell you... was that the only thing which determines a person in the sense of Force is their understanding of their own mistakes."

She didn't continue the thought. She wanted to give the Padawans the chance to solve the riddle and get behind the true meaning why Maria started the thought process.

"Now, I am not going to teach you the theory of the Force, but I am going to approach it in a different way. Some start immediately with the basics of Telekinesis and putting them into practice. Some talk for hours about the history of Force Sense. But a true consular is a Jedi who can think."

"I would like you two to have a discussion about the Force. I am going to stand here, listen, and wait until both of you have spoken for once, and then I'll give you more instructions."

Marcus was quiet when the Master was speaking to both of them. Listening to each words that came out of her mouth, he was intriguing to the riddle that she left on the end of introduce. It was truly easy but difficult riddle because it had different end result for everyone. Sense of Force is the understanding of their own mistake? Does it mean that we would grow stronger in the Force if I acknowledged my mistake and trying to understand it. So it will not repeat once again. No, no... it does not make sense. Understanding leads to... Knowledge? I can be with the Force if I have knowledge to understand my mistake? Maybe... He was in a deep thought about this riddle. It seemed that he has so much to learn. And for once, he was glad that she is teaching this class.

Then her voice disturbed his thoughts, his green hues moved to look at Instructor. It seemed that she wants them to talk to each other about their knowledge or theory about the Force. It would be good to heard other Padawan's thought about the Force. Taking a deep breath, he turned to look at other Padawan with a curious thought. "I guess I shall begin first. I admit that I have very limit knowledge of the Force. Few days ago, I would never thought that there is Force in the galaxies. Not even mention a thought that it chose me. I learned to mediation from another Knight, she guided me to feel the Force. It was..." Suddenly, he fell quiet as he was trying to find a word to summary his experience. There was no words to describe it perfectly. But he was giving it a try. "unique. When I entered mediation state, I found myself into a small island with waters around it. I can see that it is lead to an ocean, so vast. I thought it was Force, but I was wrong. When I touched the water, I can felt the warmth of it. And so deep... I understood what I am seeing. The land is my body, and the water is the Force."

He took another deep breath before continue. "When I opened my eyes... I seemed to feel so alive. My senses are working overtime. It is truly amazing experience but it's also frighten for me." He fell quiet as he was wondering if he was sharing too much about that moment. Glancing at the Instructor, he was studying her careful. He was not sure if he could trust her or this padawan too. They were a stranger and they are still. "I think I have spoke enough."

[member="Maria Natalja"] [member="Marcus"]

"What...a delightful experience for you Marcus." He said surprised the force was such a vivid thing to him, "I couldn't imagine such a gorgeous scene as that. A lush paradise island in the misdt of the great blue warm tropic waters of an ocean. Truly glorious. What were the sky and clouds and sun in that instance I wonder? Perhaps i am over thinking it."

He cleared his throat and smiled kindly atbhis fellow padawan and the brave knight who so willingly offered the class and pressed his lips together in thought.

"At first I thought the riddle may have meant that if we are humble and learn from our mistakes that will be how we are measured with regard to the force but I really couldn't be sure without more thought on the matter. As far as my meditaions go I alway picture myself as a candle flame in the midst of a black void. There in the void i begin feeding my thoughts, concerns and emotions into the flame until it's just the candle and the expanse. It may not be conventional but I'm a little new to this all as you can likely tell."

'You're rambling Seamus.' He thought, or did he say it out loud? 'Oh good greif stop man.'

"Sorry I think I rambled on a tad more than intended."

[ [member="Marcus"] | [member="Seamus Valik"] ]

"The first thing young Jedi should start adapting to is trusting each other: every member of the Order, whether it be a Padawan, a Knight, a Master, or even the Grandmaster herself. We are one and we will never succeed in what we do when we don't show respect and trust in others. We have to be able to rely on others when there's a need for," Maria spoke after the two had talked about their thoughts on the Force.

"Now, let me continue my thoughts." She looked into both boys' eyes. "Learning from mistakes makes us know more about ourselves, but it can also help when trying to understand others. But that is not all. Making mistakes is true strength; not making any bad choices in your life shows nothing but your weakness."

She turned around, her back facing the two Padawans. "Here's an apple," she spoke fast after taking an apple from her pocket and raising her hand higher so that even Seamus and Marcus could see it. "And I will throw it to the other side of the room. If you two can stop it from falling on the floor and breaking into pieces without moving yourselves at all, only using Telekinesis, you will be rewarded. If not, you will be punished."

She only hoped the two boys would sense the next task was the continuation of the riddle she had started with.

[SIZE=10.5pt]Narrowing Marcus' green hues at the other student, he was not sure if it was a sarcasm remarks or not. He knew it was a mistake to open himself to strangers. But he did not spoke it out loud. He kept himself quiet as that student spoke to him. Hmm, that sounds simple. Feeding everything to the candle till you became nothing; maybe I could adjust my mediation style to include that. It seemed to be more ease process than release my thoughts. But his thought was disturbed by the Instructor's voice. I'll figure it later when I have time to myself.[/SIZE] He thought to himself as he listened to the Knight.

[SIZE=10.5pt]After she was finishing speak to them, Marcus chuckled incredibility at the Knight. "Are you crazy? You expect other to trust me when I can't even trust myself. And how can I know I can trust you or him." Shaking his head at her, he kept produce the chuckle sound in his throat. "I think you are little crazy lady." Glaring at the Knight, he was not sure if she would throw the apple or even punish him if he failed. He was wondering if other Jedi are truly crazy like this woman is. [/SIZE]

[member="Maria Natalja"]
[member="Seamus Valik"]

Seamus looked at the knight's back. The request seemed simple and straightforward enough. He focused on the candle and the flame then waited for the apple to soar. Would he catch it? Would he even find it in the force? Who knows. He did feel calm and a peacefulness that he enjoyed a great deal but beyond that he made no assumptions. When the other padawan spoke Seamus was so calm he likely couldn't have taken offense even if he wished it and merely offered a small smile.

"I trust you." He offered simply as the apple flew over their heads.

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath until he could feel the round juicy fruit in with his mind he reached out unintentionally knocking data cards from the desk before him as the apple neared the ground. He felt his conciousness brush the fruit but like a rock through smoke he couldn't grasp it. If the other padawan didn't catch it...It would likely splat at the back of the room.

Maria didn't show any signs of getting offended when she threw the apple. From what Seamus said, she had lots of hope for him, but he couldn't be too sure whether Marcus would trust her and him. That was something new people, even Maria, in the Jedi Order typically suffered. They weren't able to keep calm, they couldn't just let things progress in the way they liked. No dependence on others existed.

She truly expected the two Padawans to fail. The test was not truly about the two catching the apple; it was about trusting themselves, each other, and the instructor. "The essential part for having a successful relationship, whether it be friendship, mentorship, or love, is trust." With a quick movement, she raised her hand a bit before the apple would hit the ground. Trying to find the mass centre of the fruit was difficult and she truly thought it would fall on the floor. But only a few moments before it happened, she got it under control with Telekinesis. And it stayed in the air.

"And that's also one of the core points of using Telekinesis. You have to trust yourself enough to move an object in the way you want it to. If you don't have trust in yourself, you can't control anything's movement. The apple would have fallen down," she spoke when turning around. "But you also have to know the object. It's near impossible to move anything without hoping them to move. And that is also a form of trust."

"Now, everything we've done so far has been related to trust. Talking to each other, opening yourself, understanding the task of the apple, and trying to succeed. I made a mistake when telling you two I would punish you. I realise it now."

Maria smiled. "Now," she said while gently moving the apple to the are between Marcus and Seamus and then putting it on the ground, "using what I've told you, we have to figure out how to properly use the art of moving objects. What do you know about it, though? Have you learned using it?"

Marcus was glaring at the Knight. He was not sure if she was really crazy or crazy crazy. Shaking his head once, he listened to the rest of her lecture. When he saw the apple moved toward the spot between him and other padawan. He raised his eyebrow at her but he kept himself quiet till she was done with her lecture. Opening himself to the Force once again, he took a deep breath and used the Force to grab the apple and kept it hover a bit. "I learned how to levitating the item so it's not hard for me to keep it in the air. But move it anywhere, I am not sure if I am capable to do it." He mumbled softly while he kept his focus on the apple.

Seamus looked at the two of them and felt quite in adequate. Who knew moving things with your my could be so difficult. He could feel Knight Natalja, he could feel Marcus and the apple but making the apple move...that was oddly difficult. Perhaps he was going about it wrong.

He raised his hand and began speaking all most at the same time.

"I am quite new." he began, "I know next to nothing about this beyond meditation. I don't know if perhaps I may be going about this wrong. Do you make like an imaginary hand in your mind and grab the apple? Do you tell the apple to move, ask it, is there perhaps a bribe I could give the wee thing? I'm sorry I'm just not sure what I'm doing."

He sat waiting for a reprimand or some such like he wpuld have gotten or a boloball field. He wanted to get it right he just wasn't getting it.

"I thought you'd have some difficulty at moving the apple," Maria spoke. "It's natural. I had so many problems with it, too." She remembered how she had tried to keep items in the air. She failed horribly, even nearly burned down whole buildings a few times. Yes, she had trained with burning candles, but that was for a reason. For a complete different reason.

"There are many ways to do that, just like there are many ways to understand the force. I have heard of a few of them, including the imaginary hand one, but I myself have learned to dot that another way. I can't say it's simpler, but it is a bit better to imagine that." She took a deep breath. "Everything has mass. And thus, everything has a center of mass - the location in an item that is in the exact center of the item when it comes to the item's weight."

She focused on the apple and it soon started to move a bit.

"You must find the point in the item and then use the ripples of the Force around you to make the item's center move. If the center moves, the apple has to move. Now, why do I describe it like that? Because the middle point of the apple is a lot easier to approach. It's just one point. Focusing on the whole apple needs focusing on more locations."

"Am I making any sense to you or is my wording completely impossible to understand?" she asked, realising how confusing she might have sounded.

[member="Seamus Valik"][member="Maria Natalja"]

Marcus was quiet as he listened to the teacher. It seemed very complication but simple for her. He knew that it was not simple to understand the way she explained. It seemed very scientific method for a scientist. So he shook his head at the young woman. "Truth, I don't think I do understand that. I allowed the Force to guide me. Your way is more technical for me to be able to comphere it. I am truly sorry, Master."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom