Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Save it for the Morrow

The Acerbitas strode through space as the Eternal War Fleet prepared to secure hidden outposts by force. Pirate dens, criminal holdouts, free markets outside the control of any government- these were easy pickings that could secure them the basis for a infrastructure to take over entire planets.

For the moment, this would be enough. Drifting, the fleet sent out a cruiser or frigate to capture another - all while Empyrean guided the war council on what they needed. The meeting had gone on for hours, preparing themselves both for incursions from local forces - and the ever looming threat of thr Tsiskal and Kainites. The bothersome wretches.

When the council was finalized, Empyrean strode back to his throne aboard the vessel - for sycophants and blood suckers to try and praise him, pray to him, ride on coat tails through a liberal application of subservience. Disgusting creatures.

The Corpse God sat idle as the next strode free, and another entered. A familiar face, who looked much as she used to - while Empyrean was now grey and cracked, half his body missing and scarred over by Muddy flesh.

"Darth Morrow.", the cadaver said through dry lips. The Shadows stirred at her presence, just as the old sensation of the Worm had once done. Cold, dying air - fear thick in its presence.

Other sith looked up from their tables and positions to look upon the Zambrano concubine.

Darth Morrow Darth Morrow

"My my, how the years have been cruel to you my old friend." The pale woman said as she approached the throne, her steps echoing across the vessel. Those who looked upon her would say she was likely no older than her early forties, perfect skin without blemish, her hair white but well kept, almost as it was healthy and live. Her own sulfuric eyes set on Empyrean.

Her form shuttered and wisped with smoke, trilling off her fine features in what revealed her true form ever so slightly. The woman's form was mere illusion, crafted through her sheer will in the force. Morrow stopped before her old friends throne, looking up at him though not kneeling like many other might, no, in this new chance at life she would kneel to no one.

"I heard you still yet lived, one of the fortunate after the war wiped out the Empire. I have come with a proposition."

Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean

"The years did not disfigure me - but the Jedi did. Despite their efforts, I am more powerful than ever.", he offered back - as though her arrival was no suprise.

"The Bogan had spoken to me of your arrival - but I take its prophecy lightly. I am glad to see you are well, and that the Force did not lie."

His form did not move from the seat, nor did he demand her to kneel like he might most. It wasn't a matter of power- the Empyrean that sat before her was a monster. For all the strength the galaxy knew of Maliphant or the Worm - Empyrean was more than the sum of his parts. Without his word, his authority was without question - so it was often not needed to force everyone to respect him.

He could smell most of their fear.

"Speak freely, old friend. Tell me what you propose."

Despite his ability to sense the emotions, most inherently fear among his subject; Morrow simple read as nothing but a wall.

"You are well aware of my former husbands clamber for power." She states, beginning to pace before him, the trills of smoke growing more numerous off of her as her hatred grew. "He seeks once more to sit in a position of rule, that, I cannot allow." Her sulfuric eyes looked over her dear friend, remembering their many years together before either were in such a predicament; Darth's there only title, and their only worry sustaining the Empire.

"He revealed to me he foresaw the downfall of the Empire, the one true order this galaxy knew, and what would sustain it. He had a vision, far before any of the war even began." She stopped her pacing, looking directly to him and meeting his eyes. "Kaine, also revealed he assured it would happen. Making strides to see the Sith fall, crumbling inward to nothing but shambles as we are."

"In a way this man assured that the Jedi and Alliance victory. In my mind, that makes him a traitor."

Morrow began pacing once more, occasionally gesturing during her talk, her own power while still returning to her boiling with rage. "I understand the squabble amongst us, it is how it has been, and will always will be. But above all we must stand for the order that was stripped from us by a ruler we all thought had the Empires best interest in mind. I propose we ally to remove Carnifex. Remove him as an obstacle and we may finally have some semblance of a beginning to victory."

"The organizations of the fallen Empire are fighting over who may sit in the throne, though our biggest challenge is hidden in darkness, waiting for us to destroy ourselves once more and gather what is left in the wake of our division. We must deal with Carnifex before any more blood is shed, with him remaining, we will never again have a proper Empire."

The woman waited to see the mans response, her feet held strong against the ground as she stared into his eyes with a silent determination unlike any other. It was clear, Morrow was finally trying to take a stand, far little too late, but it was the first true stand she was trying to make. She wanted the man destroyed.

Empyrean sat with unmoving, unblinking eyes of alchemized phrik. Their designs glowed a deep cherry - intricate in patterns and lattice work; they were powerful artifacts of the Dark side, and Morrow would feel their stare thick and permeating.

"I understand you have long detested him for his cruelty.", Empyrean offered.

"It is unfortunate to hear of his designs."

In truth, Maliphant had also helped encourage the fall of the Empire. Less so in the civil war, but in his assistance in financially supporting the Alliance to form in the Core. Mentioning that could wait - he could be on trial for his crimes when there was a court powerful enough to hold him accountable.

"If we remain fractured and in conflict with ourselves, no doubt the spawn of Solipsis would attempt to take advantage of such. If not them, then older enemies.", he said in a slight contemplation.

"And in our alliance - what would you ask of me in exchange for your service?"

"I ask no more than he is dealt with." Morrow spoke earnestly, keeping eye contact with the man and standing firmly in place now. "I would ask that the climb for the throne of Emperor is not sullied by his involvement, that we remove him from the conflict. We cannot remain divided so, if he is removed from the fight we may reach a resolution much sooner, perhaps even create bonds with those in the struggle for power."

Her form shimmered as she allowed herself to breathe, letting out a small bit of her held anger to retain her control. The wisps of smoke dissipated, allowing her to cease her struggle.
"In turn, I will swear loyalty to the next Emperor or Empress of the risen Empire. That I swear."

"A sith should often have ambition - but there is no shame in modesty.", the Corpse offered in his gravel like tone.

"I can not guarantee his death - but I shall offer you the promise that I will do everything in my power to stop the rise of the Zambranos to the echelons of Emperorship. They have failed the Order too many times - and their strength wanes. Consider it done, Darth Morrow."

The others gathered mumbled in unison at this - the slow cacophony rising as a low rumbled. Empyrean raised his hand that remained and silenced them.

"Of those that remain, the Tsis'kal under Darth Ophidia Darth Ophidia and the High Sith under Darth Megarea. They are weaker, but I can not afford to strike at Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex without the assurance they will not strike us down in our distraction. If they can be brought to heel, or otherwise diplomatically agreed with - then we can stop the Kainites power in its place. Would you have a plan for them?"

"Perhaps an alliance might be placed. Daunting as it may be the Empire can no longer remain in the hands of one, we have seen its downfall laid out in the expanse of time far too often. Should we remove the Zambranos from any hold of power, I propose we offer a new solution to our plight. The Empire shall be ruled by a council once more, each Sith clearly showing ambition, and the ability to lead their own. Allow the order to be maintained by houses, each responsible for their own claims, rule and subjects, however the whole of the Empire is decided by their joint consensus."

She remained silent for a moment, taking a deep breath. "I believe it may be beneficial, it will keep the plays of power in check, and it will avoid future squabbles if no such throne exists solely for one. Instead a council position may be sought, through bloodshed if need be but it will never overthrow the order again."

Morrows eyes turned to those lining the throne room. "Or perhaps, if that is not to your liking, become a shadow emperor for all I care. All I know for certain, this fighting must come to an end, or the Sith will be eradicated from the galaxy, and the Alliance will be left to pick up the pieces."

Empyrean was quiet as Morrow offered her solution - his face apathetic in the wake of her heresy. Those around chose to audibly protest - a denial of such ideals, another challenging her for even speaking such a belief. A dozen sith rose and reached for weapons - but the Dark God Empyrean stood and bellowed, his voice driving a deep weakness into the knees as Sith Lord of varying levels fell to floor at his strength.

"Enough!", he commanded, and the chattel listened.

He strode forward, off the raised platform where his golden throne stood stalwart in the face of conflict. His full stature only exemplified the wounds he carried - how half his body was missing, how his skin cracked and threatened to bleed. His gaze fell on Morrow with a cold authority;

"What you propose is the antithesis of the Sith. Every individual in our Order holds no end to their ambition, no Sanctity for peace. While you are right to believe internal conflict can weaken us - the truth is that it is also our greatest strength. To cut the cancer from our flesh, to grow ever stronger - even were we to abandon that, to form this Council, we must trust each Sith to simply abide by the rules."

"Rules with no teeth. War would remain until an Emperor is declared; it would only be delayed. By a week, by a month - it wouldn't matter, it would return. No; the Sith must be led by a dominating figure, that which we strive to be alike to, that which is strength personified that none may even consider standing against them until they are too weak to continue."

"The best peace you can hope for is an Emperor that can cull the masses and demand service. That can ensure the Warlords of the Empire don't strike against one another without severe consequences.", he said.

"That Emperor is me, Darth Morrow. You have ideals that are toothless - and while I can admire your dream, it is yet unachievable. Swear your strength to mine, and together we can ensure peace through force."

"Simply fight for me, strive for me, and you will have everything you desire."

As those around began to audibly protest, the form of Morrow grew darker, more and more wisps of smoke billowing off of her as her eyes grew to the color of molten rock. She had been ready for the fight, the moment the thought had even crossed her mind. Should Empyrean not have stopped them, it was likely the room would have been filled with carnage, the more ghost than woman before him not going down without at least giving them trouble.

Though at his command, the people ceased; the yell enough to make Morrow retreat into herself, the only visual clue being her transformation stopping and the smoke entirely vanishing. It was something she never imagined leaving the man she once called a friend. Though, at the end of the day, what Sith could she really call a friend, all likely waiting for a moment to stab her when it best suits them.

Taking a deep breath, her eyes set on him for a moment. "I have served a lifetime. As a slave, as an apprentice, as a lady. I have strived and struggled under misfortune for the entirety of my existence. I have been offered the galaxy and seen a slice of power, had those bend to me, and I have bowed to others. My husband was taken from me by this very way of life, and I will not see order devolve again."

She paused, eyeing the crowd as she was ready for them to attempt to lash out. "Prove you are worthy to be an Emperor followed, and perhaps I will follow you of my own volition. Until Carnifex is dealt with, I will side with no one."

Empyrean frowned, as much as his face allowed - but nodded as he turned and strode back to his golden throne. Taking his seat, seeming to struggle, he looked a man four times his age and barely in better health. Without the Force his physical form seemed so brittle - but what could one expect from a walking corpse?

"Know my words for the most true you will have ever heard. In time, none will stand again me - Darth Ophidia, Darth Megarea, Darth Carnifex. Each will bend the knee by force or peace, as you will see."

"Walk well, Darth Morrow. Without the protection of any of the Warlords, you may risk your own health in your pursuit against Darth Carnifex. Should you need anything else; return here, ask of me what you will. For times once enjoyed, for favors yet repaid."

"And how is it you are sure, as you stand, that none will be able to contend?" She looked him over, clearly referring to his beaten and bloody body. "Perhaps you have lords that may do your bidding, but you yourself are in no state to combat the entirety of the Sith." Morrow took a few steps closer, her heels on contact ringing out against the floor with hollow thuds.

"You would not be able to offer me any more protection than others, and you seem no better fit to sit on the throne. You are broken. You are no longer the one I knew from our training but something worn down by the constant threat of the Empires fall. Torn asunder by the very thing many sought to destroy. So how is it you think you are better suited than them for a throne, when you look as though you could barely even move."

Empyrean's corpse like body was unwavering at the threat of critique - a single hand pulled him forward, almost to look down upon Morrow. His face didn't twist into contempt, hatred, or even doubt. It was stalwart and eternal in its eyeless Visage-

"I have taken your heresy unchallenged, defended you from the drivel of the crowd, Darth Morrow.", he said with a slow drawl.

"And you insist on insult. For all your knowledge, do you fear I am weak? Look upon me, consider my strength, and come to your own truth."

The Shadows in the room seemed to grow then - and a thousand whispers stirred from slumber, held back by Empyreans strength. It was the soul of the Worm Emperor that he had absorbed, consumed, and made his servant. Children, ghosts of Sith past, untold millions upon billions peering through the small hole Empyrean had allowed for them.

"And if even then, you would doubt my strength - you are free to test it yourself. If you are not so bold, simply wait - and you will see what I can achieve against the Twice Emperor and his ilk."

"Your crowd is nothing but those who would kiss your feet." She said, her eyes scanning them as her own presence grew.

Morrow was no stranger to the voices of the abyss, she herself spent many a year suppressing the spirits who possessed her form with Maliphant himself present. It was no surprise when she didn't waver under his threat.

Her power waxed and waned, held back by her own will, all the while her eyes watching the form of the man lift towards her in his physically weakened state. "You absorbed the strength of another, or has it absorbed you? Consumed your very soul and made you think perchance you have some control of your fate?"

"If you wish a fight, then so be it. Best me by a show of your strength and I will lend my hand in your plight. Though should I defeat you, you will bend to me."

"I do not shame you for ignorance, but I shall for arrogance.", Empyrean said as he stood. The movement was slow at first- but as he stood to his full height the weakness of his physical body waned into nothing

He stood taller, his muscles flexed beneath scarred and dead tissue. Where half his body was gone, a pure black mist formed into a new arm and hand. He took a step forward before motioning with his hand to the Sepulcral - who collectively formed a force barrier around them. For the protection of onlookers, of the ship they were on.

"I will not use Kala'anda. I don't believe it will be necessary.", he said.

But his strength changed into an explosion even then. From his eyes, his full unadulterated strength spread onto her form - as she felt his hatred, his constant pain, the sorrow of his death, and the conviction of his dreams. In that stare was everything Empyrean and the lineage of Sith he consumed manifested - like a blaze on the skin. The temperature rose to the point that even the carpet and decorations within the barrier instantly began to glow, fall to Ash, or burn up in puffs.

His gaze alone demanded death of what he laid it upon, but he continued to walk forward, as the floors marble tiling cracked and popped under expansion and heat. Even while his fists clenched, even as matter itself tried to find relief.

He came for her.

Morrow prepared herself in the moments of his approach, her form melding away to smoke as the sheer power of her sorcery came to life. The metal under their feet shifted and cracked as it was bent under Morrows will, the heat nothing to distract her focus.

She watched with unimpressed gaze as the man made a display of his stance, his body uncurling from its wounded appearance as the very flame he began to start was twisted against him. Ash and sparks began to make a whirlpool in the room, circling around Empyrean like a tornado, the heat growing with each pulse and rotation until the flames shifted from scarlet to a bright azure.

Under his weight the metal beneath his feet began to melt, the temperature rising rabidly, him having fueled nothing but the pure fire inside Morrows soul. Her hands raised and the metal would begin shifting up the mans legs, attempting to hold them in place all the while some of the same floor began to shift and mold into a spear for the womans hand. It was unfortunate her Beskar was lost, it would have aided the fight greatly.

Her determination is what fueled her usage of the force, the spells she put behind her intentions as she felt the shadows grow and mold to her will. She and him were the same in a way, he had absorbed the worms power, though she had long before done the same with spirits of ancient Sith.

A burst of rage fueled the storm as it raged on, metal sprawling from across the ship en route to impale her opposition. She would not bend the knee to another again, that was the promise she made to herself.

Metal worked to obey her commands - but its attempts to restrain him were worthless. Each molten element that touched his skin blackened it, then faded into a dark opaque smoke that faded into nothing. His approach was eternal and inexorable - but his appearance faded as the tornado engulfed him.

His stature was shrouded in a bright azure bulb of fire that spun with extreme speed. Whatever was within would be turned to Ash in moments, anything living turned dead. Only Empyrean was already dead -

His corpse like hand reached from the flames for her throat, his body striding from the inferno prison unmarked but by Ash, the edges of his pants and robes falling away from the damage they sustained. Given the quality of their creation, that the Alchemist Empyrean had given them genesis, this was no mere feat.

The robes were invulnerable to all but the most damaging of strikes, and the strength of Morrow's inferno has reduced them to a failing construction of threads that were more char than armor.

In his metal eyes, there was an unforgiving intensity, without fault to his intent. They bore his strength, gave a glimpse into the darkness of his soul, and the endless contempt he had for rebellion. The black mist fist at his side seemed to form into a spear, raising ever so slightly.

"Cease."

As the hand reached through flame it grasped on to Morrows throat, or at least what the man thought was her throat. With the hands closing grasp the form melted away to nothing but wisping smoke, fading down to the metal and scattering across it. The spear she had made clattered down and from behind him out of fire was born Morrows form, her pale white skin shimmering against the bright blue light.

In her hands was a spear of energy, posed to ram through Emyrean's center.
"We are not done here!" She yelled as she forced the weapon forward, the fire glowing brighter as smoke poured off of her body and filled the air.

His eyes could see around him entirely, could process information infinitely quick. Morrow was well within his gaze when she appeared from the flames - but just as fast Empyrean seemed to twist around to face her. It looked less like a turn, more like his face simply appeared from the back of his skull; melding like lighting into the black sky it spread across.

The bolt landed exactly where she hoped it did, piercing his torso with minimal resistance. So little resistance, it brought her within his grasp again; but this time instead of the Corpse like living hand that remained, it was the black, sickly smoke of one.

Faster than one could perceive, Empyreans hand whipped across both her outstretched arms, near the elbows. His smoke fist was like obsidian - a limb of pure dark side energy that could cut better than any lightsaber, could flay skin at his command, destroy with his touch.

"No matter how many times you strike me, I will mend.", he offered her.

"My strength is eternal, my will that of Typhojem. I am the Sith, Darth Morrow - and there will be nothing that stands before my conquests."

The arms were severed with little resistance, pain no longer registering on the woman's face as she disappeared in a puff of darkness to distance herself from Empyrean. When she reformed across the room her arms were indeed not present, though they were unnecessary, something that could be reformed later. At the cuts smoke could be seen dripping to the floor, much like that of blood, though on contact they dispersed into concentric rings across the surface, there was no true blood.

Morrows form was long lost, something no longer able to properly be contained, it was a blessing and a curse all the same, a vulnerability, and a strength. It was what allowed her to be imprisoned for a decade by her own power, and something that could one day be turned further against her.

Reaching out with the force shards of energy began pelting across the room, those missing her enemy colliding with the barrier and near pushing it to break. "No strength is eternal."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom