Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Savan Class Carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_na26tmQJUl1sn3ne4o1_1280.jpg

Image Source: Bulletstorm
Manufacturer: Sasori Research
Model: Planetary Assault Carrier
Affiliation: Order of the Silver Jedi
Modularity: Carrier space can be modified with racks and levels for storage
Production: Limited
Material:
  • Alusteel
  • Crystalsteel
  • Turadium
Classification: Planetary Assault Carrier

Length: 2200m
Width: 625m
Height: 850m

Armament: 6
  • 6 heavy turbolasers (broadside) (12 guns)
  • 2 heavy long range turbolasers (swivel) (4 guns)
  • 2 quad ion cannon (top mounted) (8 guns)
Hangar: 0

Special Features:
  • Solar ionization reactor
  • Massive storage space
  • Reinforced Armored Hull
  • Modular racks
  • Military Grade Shields
  • Redundant Shields
  • Holonet Connections
  • Encrypted Communications
  • Internal Tram
Maneuverability: 20
Speed Rating: 18
Hyperdrive Class: 5

Strengths:
  • Massive internal storage
  • Able to make landing on planets
  • CIC Command Center
Weaknesses:
  • Low weapon count
  • No Point Defense
  • No Squadron defense
  • Slow Moving
Description:
Built for the One Sith by Krayt Industries and designed after information and reports from when the One Sith Attacked Zeltros. The carrier carrying the sithspawn to ravage the world was easily destroyed leaving a large and dangerous amount on the world. As Balaya fought through the Hammerhead of Camellia Swift she used her cybernetics to record some of her thoughts on the distribution of their forces and began working on a powerful ship idea that would be able to land forces few could fathom or face down.

The response that came form the Republic with several garrisons worth of troopers and armor divisions amazed her if only because Zeltros was not that heavy for defense. She mused several times to her apprentices it was like they knew it was coming and space magicked things in there. The ship itself is a rectangle built around a large cargo bay with a solar ionization reactor running the length of the bottom of the ship and modular decks able to extend within to create different configurations for storage.

The uppermost sections of the ship house the minimal crew as droids are used to maintain in tighter spaces the main systems as accommodations can be made for the large amounts of troopers, sithspawn, armor divisions or just releasing some of the more obscure and failed experiments to tear apart cities. The thick armor plates of the ship are designed to take a beating and protect the valuable cargo inside sacrificing speed with their hyperdrive and ship in exchange to offer some of the strongest protection.

The minimal weapons is a choice to allow for power to be diverted to shields provide additional protection. The hangers converted for more cargo space and the ramp designed as a thick nose plate with overlapping plates of thick turadium and alusteel made to be fired upon by an Immortal and Dark Blade and survive. Using the One Siths ships that pack a stronger punch then most ships in the galaxy it can slid down and be used to provide a ramp exposing the interior cargo bay and its racks of whatever is inside.

An early prototype and concept of the ship, created for transporting the sithspawn of the Warlord was deployed on Zeltros bringing in thee large Akure to destroy the palace and destroyed by the Rendili CEO Camellia Swift. Her Hammerheads and ships showed several inherent flaws in the design and the ship was improved to be better at protecting itself, carrying more and deploying more soldiers rapidly. Some information gleamed when assaulting her hammerhead over the space port helped Balaya with designs for the bridge and room having a distinct Rendili feel. In the rare event the ship is used to carry the Nightmare child the ship is filled and unable to carry anything else. The massive sithspawn created and hidden away until needed to be called.
Development Thread:
Intent: To create a planetary assault carrier able to carry massive armies of Sithspawn, troopers or armor support
Who Can Use This: Beastmasters, Voices, Hands, Eye
Primary Source: N/A

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Darth Praelior"]
Before I get down to business, I have a question to ask. I see that the ship is designed to haul sithspawn and act as a Star Wars Noah's Ark, more or less. I also see that the ship is 2.2km in length. With that said, I have to ask for a definitive answer if this ship will be used to haul this around the galaxy.

[member="Popo"]

As per the rules the nightmare child can be moved once from its current location. So yes and no when the time comes to move it sure but it will serve for deploying en mass soldiers into a star system and planet more then that.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It

Darth Praelior said:
As per the rules the nightmare child can be moved once from its current location.
I can't find that in the submission anywhere. Granted, I may have missed it. Could you please show me where that is?

Darth Praelior said:
So yes and no when the time comes to move it sure but it will serve for deploying en mass soldiers into a star system and planet more then that.
Until I have the rules listed from the submission itself that the species in question can only be moved once, I'm going to have to go with a flat affirmative that this will be used to move the worm from place to place. Just to clarify in case you're worrying or wondering, this part won't get the ship denied. I just need to know which way or the other as the answer depends on how I handle this submission's details and functions.

[member="Popo"]
My apologies for intruding, Popo. However, I can confirm that the worm can be moved a total of once.

Once it is moved to a single system it is not going anywhere. That was the condition of acceptance for the creature. It didn’t feel right to put this caveat into the species sub, so I guess this will do.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Valiens Nantaris"]
Epic. Had me confused for a bit lol Makes sense.

Alright, with that addressed, gimme a bit to rummage through and make sure I'm not missing anything. I just saw the sithspawn transport bits and needed that input to make sure I was going about it the right way.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Alright, after mulling this over a short while, here's what I've got.

This is basically a big, fat, armored transport with heavy shielding and not a lot in the way of armament, much less point defense. Everything looks fine, though I'll admit it throws me off a bit with being a carrier that... doesn't act like a carrier. The only things I have to ask is to bump up the width and height somewhat and to include that, in the event it carries that 2km worm, that is the only thing it can carry. My reasoning for this is that if these may be used for the one transport move that the critter has, it'll be safer and more logical for the ship to be able to more ably house the thing and to not have potential snacks nearby. I know the thing eats metal and the like, but it also balances the ship as much as it can while carrying the thing. Outside of that, everything looks good.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Awesome. Last thing that I didn't notice that was pointed out to me: In the event of a catastrophic failure or deliberate actions, what happens if this thing hits the ground?

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Alright, looks good. Sorry for taking so long. Work has been hell all week with two 20 hour shifts. Approved pending secondary. Abuse it and lose it, etc. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom