Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo Chief Executive

I just wanted to post a topic talking about the recent passing of Satoru Iwata. If you grew up with Nintendo games you've probably played one he was involved with.

The man that cut his own pay in half to improve Nintendo's situation; that said he wanted to make video games fun for everyone; that acted in genuinely funny ways to entertain the gaming community even though he was a business executive.

He will be sorely missed.

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

1300152540375816999.gif

33.gif
tumblr_nq251icxG51r2en1ko1_500.gif
tumblr_nq1q30rXPF1r1mi29o2_540.gif
puppetrave.gif

He seemed like a guy who genuinely cared about his craft. I don't really play console games. But I always admired Nintendo as far as consoles go, since they seem to be the only ones who are actually interested in improving the console experience and making it unique by experimenting with new ideas, rather than racing to build what basically amounts to an overpriced nerfed computer, like Sony and Microsoft.

Jasper Felinus

Rock Kitty with tenure at the U of F
Even if I only ever played emulators of Nintendo games...

Dammit, they were Nintendo games. The only thing they ever did that I didn't like was retconning Legend of Zelda a little.

R.I.P. Mr. Iwata.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom