Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Sasori Resource Chip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a common standard issue piece of equipment
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: Mass Nulling Chip
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Sasori Research
  • Model: Equipment Component
  • Affiliation: Closed-Market (Any character can use this if they have explicit permission through, for example, a marketplace purchase)
  • Modularity: N/A
  • Production: Limited (Only A Select Group Of NPCs/PCs)
  • Material:
    Sasori Synthweave
  • Desh-Terethium
  • Chai La Universal Rylith Cell

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Nulling Chip
  • Lightside Restriction
DETAILED SPECIAL FEATURES
Nulling Chip: A mass nulling chip in the belt pack able to attach to standard belts and create a small field of lower gravity to reduce weight on the wearers equipment. Standard levels of weight reduction just like in normal chips to carry more.

Lightside Restriction: The chip uses the synthweave crystal from sasori which resonates and connects with lightsiders. Making wearing the piece for neutral and darksiders uncomfortable

Strengths:
  • Low Gravity: Designed to reduce the weight of equipment and allow a single person to carry far more supplies then they normally would be able to. THe nulling chip is the standard issue created in the galaxy just with different components going into the casing and components
  • Lightside Focused: Designed with the synthweave the crystal mesh allows it to focus the mind of a jedi wearing it in the field and provide a calmness
  • Synthweave:
    Attune: The crystal weave is designed to thread and weave into the mix a crystal lattice able to develop a connection for augmentation with the force. Permanent or temporary effect can vary by one using it
  • Calmness: The more potent crystals being applied allow the ones using it to feel serenity andbe calm. They can connect to the force at a higher level then other things and it allows for an augmented ability relative to the one using it
  • Lightside: The golden crystal of the solari applied make the weave function with those of the lightside of the force. With the crystal is locks and prevents the objects or items from being used by darksiders. Often burning brighter in their presence while becoming uncomfortable for them. With the lightside crystals into it the weave can cause those attuned with the light to be able to feed the lightside of the energy into it. THe stronger the force connection the more it can recoil darksiders

Weaknesses :
  • Depletion: Designed to provide for extended periods of time the power cell itself requires solar exposure and energy to be able to recharge
  • Requires Force Connection: While the nulling technology itself can be used by anyone the calming effects require a connection to the force
  • Not shielded against emp/ion weapons
  • Recoil: While weapons can become reduced in weight the effects of firing them are not. Kickback from weapons can be heavily increased
DESCRIPTION
Designed for standard belts and equipment to be given out and used. With the standard technology designed to produce a small gravity field that can be set up to reduce the weight on the body. Jedi and soldiers can carry more equipment while having the rechargable power cell built into their standard belts. The chips are small and fit with the regular equipment that the jedi or ranger's might normally use. The super lightweight desh-terethium woven with the signature sasori synthweave of lightsided crystals to prevent non-jedi from using it while being able to center other jedi in the field. The range of it and small area of effect is confined to mostly a single person. The field coming off of their belt and going around the body much like a personal shield. If an item is removed from the belt it can still be in the field while in their hands but if it is off of the body then its weight will return to normal. Expanding the field beyond the single person can exponentially deplete the battery. Weapons being used within th small field have not much difference. Their recoil still able to be felt and in many cases being increased with the higher and stronger weapons but for a small amount carrying a heavier weapon is easier. (example a clone wars era minigun was small and easily carried with two hands. One to pull the trigger and one to aim, you could lift with one hand but would still not have something to assist with the aiming if you tried to wield two of them)

Netherworld

<p>Hello, I'll be the factory judge reviewing your submission. If you have questions, please feel free to respond to this thread once we are underway.</p>

Netherworld

[member="Matsu Ike"]
Looks good, based off of solid canon tech.

However, there seem to be a couple of strengths mentioned in the description that you didn't add under the Strengths field; please do this.

Matsu Ike said:
signature sasori synthweave of lightsided crystals to prevent now jedi from using it
  • The belt being restricted to only the Light side of the force should be listed both in the Special features and Strengths field.
  • There's also a small typo here with 'now jedi' – I presume you meant 'non-Jedi'?
Matsu Ike said:
being able to center other jedi in the field
  • This should also be added.
Also, from the Sasori Synthweave submission:
Attune: The crystal weave is designed to thread and weave into the mix a crystal lattice able to develop a connection for augmentation with the force. Permanent or temporary effect can vary by one using it.
Calmness: The more potent crystals being applied allow the ones using it to feel serenity andbe calm. They can connect to the force at a higher level then other things and it allows for an augmented ability relative to the one using it.
Lightside: The golden crystal of the solari applied make the weave function with those of the lightside of the force. With the crystal is locks and prevents the objects or items from being used by darksiders. Often burning brighter in their presence while becoming uncomfortable for them. With the lightside crystals into it the weave can cause those attuned with the light to be able to feed the lightside of the energy into it. THe stronger the force connection the more it can recoil darksiders
  • Since the Sasori Synthweave is a component of the Sasori resource chip, it should retain those same strengths and/or special features. Please list them in this submission as well, seeing as they transfer over.
  1. How does the behavior of these chips change if they are exposed to a Force nullification of some sort? (e.g. Ysalamiri, Yuuzhan Vong, Voidstone, etc.)
  2. How does EMP/ion damage affect these chips?
  3. How far does the 'low-gravity' field extend? What happens when the user takes an item off the belt?
@mention me with edits when you're done.

Netherworld

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Thank you.

Upon further review, I have some additional questions, as well as a request:
  • If you're using the canon nulling clip as a base, then please copy the scale of weight reduction from the canon tech. If the Sasori resource chip has altered this scale in any way, please define this new scale in the sub.
  • Given the Force-enhancing abilities imparted to the chip by the synthweave, I'm going to ask you to reduce the production of this to Limited.
  1. Since the chip creates a low-gravity field around the user, how does this affect things like gun recoil?
  2. How does something like, say, a bullet, behave if it's fired inside the field and then exits the field back into normal gravity?

@mention me with edits when you're done.

[member="Netherworld"] that is an interesting idea but the field is not that big and forms to the body more like a personal energy shield (hovers about an inch above the body) then a projected shield like what a droideka would have.If you expanded it then for a short time with most of the weapons in star wars which don't need to worry about gravity and slugs would be going far to fast for a weight reduction for a split second to really make a difference.

And the specs are the same as the canon, Though I am not seeing hard numbers in them from the article as the water and food could be different for a week on different planets. If there are numbers I missed somewhere I am more then open to using them.

Netherworld

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Matsu Ike said:
If an item is removed from the belt it can still be in the field while in their hands but if it is off of the body then its weight will return to normal.
By your own words, a gun or a sword in the hand of someone using this chip would still be affected by the low-gravity field while wielded in their hand.
Hence my question about how this affects something like gun recoil.

As for the scale of weight reduction, I don't need you to list a hard number – just give me a ballpark estimate like the one used in the Wookieepedia article on the canon chip. If it's the same as canon, just copy that and you're golden. If it's altered in some way, give me a comparison.

You also still haven't dropped the production down to Limited. Please do so.

[member="Netherworld"] edited, the tech is not modified aside from casing and materials. same level of weight reduction for a weeks worth of food and water as in the normal specs. Also think I addressed the recoil as it would still feel it

Netherworld

[member="Matsu Ike"]

As I understand it, a weapon inside the field has a temporarily lower mass.

The reason why powerful weapons tend to be heavier is because it mitigates a portion of the massive recoil. Now, if, for example, someone using this chip carries a heavy-duty assault rifle and goes to use it, the recoil would be that much worse because of the reduced weight of the weapon.

If you could address this with an explanation, I'd be grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom