Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Sarlacc Snacc

Raya Krayt

R
giphy.gif

When she heard about the job, the Mandalorian jumped at the opportunity, craving the thrill that would come from the highly dangerous job of extracting teeth from a Sarlacc. She had researched Sarlaccs extensively on the journey to Tatooine so she knew what to expect and yet the terrifying nature of the creatures didn't frighten her but rather excited her. All that was left to do was to meet the pilot who would accompany her and allow her to get up close and personal with a Sarlacc.

They had agreed to meet in a nearby settlement but Raya only knew the pilot by name so she asked around a few people before finally finding who she believed to be the right person. "Are you the pilot for the Sarlacc job?" She asked and then introduced herself upon confirmation. "Raya." She offered her hand to the pilot. Although they had only just met, the fact Shai had taken this job spoke volumes about her and already gave her a good first impression.

Once introductions were complete, Raya boarded the ship and began getting ready to dangle above a Sarlacc by climbing into a durable waist harness as the last thing she needed was her belt to break. In other situations the belt alone would normally suffice but now the risks were greater and there was no back-up option. When she was ready, she joined Shai in the cockpit as they approached the Sarlacc and casually leaned over the back of the co-pilot's seat. "She's a beauty." She commented sarcastically before looking back at Shai. "Let's get this show on the road." She declared.

Shai Maji Shai Maji

Shai had no problem working as a pilot for hire...neither did she have a problem doing very weird or dangerous jobs...but karking hell, this was starting to cross the line. To take her ship and fly dangerously close to a sarlacc in order for someone to knock a few teeth out and take them really sounded questionable to the smuggler...but the credits were really good so she pushed her worries aside in favour of getting that much closer to her ultimate goal.

She was told to meet her partner by a settlement so after landing her ship and making sure everything was set and checking three more times, she set out to meet her partner. She was standing by her hangar when she saw the Mando approaching. "Hell yeah, that's me." she quipped, giving Raya a firm handshake. "Shai, nice to meet ya." she introduced herself before nodding to her ship. "Come get acquainted. I took the liberty of bringing some toys along. Industrial-grade winch in the cargo hold, tuned the tractor beam up, a suit for myself in case something goes wrong. I also took the liberty of playing with the power output and coolant injectors for that extra boost. And for you, I made sure to get my hands on some very nice reinforced harnesses to make sure that thing can't pull you in." she explained as she walked towards the cockpit.

She slid into the pilot's seat and started powering everything up. "Grab a seat! I even stocked up my drinking cabinet for once this job is over. Personally I think it's safe to say the guy who hired us must be out of his mind." she spoke in an attempt to make some small talk with the Mando. "If I may ask, what clan are you?" she asked her, glancing at her for a second before starting to lift the ship off the ground. "We're off. Time to knock the teeth out of a Sarlacc." she quipped with a smirk, fishing out and lighting a cigarette. Naturally she offered Raya one as well if she wanted.

After several minutes of calm and casual flying they were nearing the most infamous Sarlacc on Tatooine: The pit of Karkoon. Shai hovered the ship in place and turned on the autopilot. "Time for me to suit up and for you to get rigged up. No rush at all. Not with this job. I might have insurance on my ship but not on my life or yours. So we better triple check everything." she said to Raya with a serious voice before heading off to her cabin. After a few minutes she emerged in an odd suit, tugging at parts and clearly looking uncomfortable. "I'm not used to armour...at all." she admitted before placing her helmet on a crate and looking the setup over. "Alright, let's go over the list." she said, checking down every part of the operation. From the winch, to both their jetpacks, to their armour, even to their weapons which Shai had in abundance. "Stock up on whatever you like. Thermals, plasma nades, don't matter. The dudes hiring us assured me they'll cover our expenses or damage." she said with a confident smile, nodding to the crates in the cargo hold.

After getting into her own harness she got back into the pilot's seat...though the cable following after her was rather odd. "Comm check. You read me?" she asked, checking the ship's readings. "I'm moving in." she said, slowly moving the ship into position over the Sarlacc. "Let me know when you're ready."

Raya Krayt

Raya Krayt

R

Based on first impressions, Raya felt as though she would get on well with the pilot who seemed equally, if not more talkative than herself. As Shai explained the equipment she had, Raya seemed impressed and replied with a sincere "Nice." The pilot seemed very well prepared for their endeavour which Raya was grateful for. If anyone was going to be responsible for her death then it would be herself, not a stranger and not faulty equipment. Still, despite the daunting prospect of hanging above a Sarlacc and the imminence of their mission, Raya remained unafraid.

Doing as she was offered, Raya slid into the seat beside Shai and chuckled at her comment. "If that isn't incentive to survive this then nothing is." She joked, giving Shai an over-friendly hand on the shoulder. "For sure. I wasn't aware there was a market for Sarlacc teeth aside from for scientists trying to figure out what this thing is." She replied. Raya shook her head when she was offered a cigarette. Although she wanted one, she knew they could negatively affect her role as a Mandalorian if it were to become a habit as she wanted to become Alor of her clan one day so compromising her health would not be wise.

"No, it's fine. I'm in Clan Krayt." She replied. "Or what's left of it." She muttered. "It's quite a small clan, you probably won't have met one of us before though you must have heard of our namesake, the Krayt Dragon?" She asked, pleased that Shai had taken an interest in her clan.

Once they were set up, Raya went back into the ship and began connecting herself to the winch and when Shai returned she couldn't help but smile in amusement as the woman clearly showed discomfort at being in the armour, whereas Raya felt discomfort being out of armour. "Oh wow, you really are prepared." Raya seemed surprise at the arsenal available and picked up a couple of grenades to inspect them before replacing her shock grenades with them as they would offer more firepower against the creature, should they need it.

::Yep. I can hear you:: She replied through the comlink, positioning herself at the open door as Shai warned that they were moving in. "Ready." She confirmed and with that she wrapped her hand around the wire and stepped out of the open door. For now, the Sarlacc appeared to be dormant but things would get a whole lot more exciting when it realised they were there.

Shai Maji Shai Maji

Shai smirked at her explanation of her clan. "Can't say I have. Though I have certainly had my experience with your clan's namesake. But how about we put this topic on ice until this is over with? Then we can discuss it over a drink. My treat." she suggested, not wanting to get into an actual fun conversation while on the job. Soon enough, they were getting ready to begin and Raya gave the green light.

Shai breathed in deeply and readied herself as she gently drifted sideways towards the Sarlacc. The open bay door was soon right over the pit but still way too high. ::"Descending now. Wait until it's focused on me.":: she spoke over the commlink. She wasn't even seated anymore at this point, more hanging over the dashboard as she watched carefully how close she got. Soon enough, the repulsors were thrusting strong enough to bother the Sarlacc. The beast's tentacles soon got active and shot out to the ship, grabbing onto anything it could and starting to pull. "Go, go!" she called out as she started to pull back on the controls, giving the Sarlacc a fight to draw its attention. It seemed to be working nicely given it was really fighting Shai for the hold on the ship. ::He's holding, alright! Just try and hurry up.:: she spoke over the commlink as she let it pull a little before pulling back as well.

After a few moments of giving the Sarlacc a hell of a fight, she glanced down at it again. ::How's it going down there?!:: she called out to Raya, hoping she hadn't been swallowed yet...

Raya Krayt

Raya Krayt

R

"Definitely." Raya agreed. She wanted to know more about the interesting pilot who was so willing to get into this situation with her but it could wait so she got into position, ready to dangle in a Sarlacc's mouth. The amount of trust that both needed for each other was immense so whether they were brave or foolish was up for debate.

On command, Raya stepped out of the open door and quickly descended to the top row of teeth, hanging almost upside down to get a good angle to tie one end of the fibercord around the tooth and the other end to the harness so it wouldn't fall and with a vibroblade she dug around where the tooth was bedded until it was loose and then pulled it out, letting it hang at her waist while she continued onto the next. ::Everything's fine!:: She reassured Shai, though the Sarlacc was becoming ever more unfavourable of their presence.

Following the same procedure, she wrapped the fibercord around the tooth before loosening it with a vibroblade, only this time the Sarlacc got hold of her wrist and started pulling her towards it. ::Woah!:: She called out, surprised by the sudden attack. Raya wasn't sure what was stronger: the ship, the Sarlacc or the line she was attached to but she didn't want to find out but luckily for her the Sarlacc grabbed onto her wrist with the flamethrower in the vambrace so she used it against the creature until it retreated. ::It's getting real mad now.:: She warned Shai.

Shai Maji Shai Maji

While the Mando's voice wasn't convincing, the fact that there was still a voice told her that she was at least remotely fine. Shai kept fighting the Sarlacc to keep it busy, letting it pull the ship closer to get more attention so Raya can get the teeth. They only needed a few, so hopefully she was getting close.

However a surprised shout came from the Mando that made Shai jump in fear. ::What's happening down there?:: she called out, though thankfully she replied. ::You're telling me?":: she quipped as she pulled more on the controls. ::Finish up down there! I'm gonna pull you up!:: she called out to her as she fought the controls some more. However this time it was a lot harder. It was focusing more and more effort into pulling them down and her ship was starting to strain itself. It wouldn't be able to take much more of this...

"Kark it." she muttered before handing the controls over to Baby and dashing to the cargo hold. By the winch she anxiously hit the controls to pull Raya back up. However it wouldn't be that smooth as one tentacle wrapped around Raya to try and pull her in. The winch screamed and Shai was trying to figure out what to do. She rushed to the door and fired at the beast with her pistol, though it didn't do much except anger it more. ::Raya hold on! Drop some nades on it! I'm gonna do the same!:: she shouted over the commlink at her. She rushed to a crate and grabbed some thermals, then proceeded to activate them and drop them down at the beast. It was extremely dangerous and risky for Raya, but Shai would rather treat a few burn marks than lose sleep on her partner being lost to this thing.

The thermal detonators found their way into some folds before detonating. The beast screeched in pain and its tentacles writhed about. But it got Raya loose and that's what mattered. The winch yanked her up and pulled her in with impressive speed. Once Raya was close, Shai wrapped her arms around her, pulled her into the ship and closed the bay door. ::BABY PUNCH IT!:: she barked at her droid. The ship lurched as the little droid opened up, frying a few tentacles that tried to grab hold again.

With the ship finally stabilizing and flying calmly to the nearest space port, Shai slumped down against some crates and looked at Raya. Realization came to her and she rushed over to the woman, trying to look her over. "Kark me, you okay? Did it hurt you or anything? The nades get you?" she asked with worry as she helped her sit upright. She reached for her helmet without thinking for a second about their traditions and started to pull it off...

Raya Krayt

Raya Krayt

R

::Good idea.:: Raya replied. It had been a wild ride but she wasn't completely foolish and knew staying for much longer would mean certain death. With the two teeth attached to her waist, it seemed like enough to get a decent pay between them so she had no reason to complain.

As the Sarlacc wrapped another tentacle around her, she used the vibroknife to cut through it but struggled to do so as it was very thick but thankfully Shai had her back. ::Okay!:: She replied, using her free hand to drop a proton grenade below her, waiting to see what effect it had before dropping her second one. However, before she had the chance drop another grenade, Shai appeared with more grenades overhead. With nowhere to escape from the blast, she could do nothing but prepare for impact if they got too close but she trusted Shai not to blow her up, not because she was trustworthy but because Raya had the products that were going to get them their credits.

Once the winch began pulling her up again, it seemed they were home and dry with was confirmed by the feeling of Shai's arms around her and the sound of the bay door closing. With a breathless chuckle, Raya collapsed on the floor. As the adrenaline began to wore off, she noticed a burning sensation in her lower legs but it was far from unbearable.

As she reached down to feel her leg, Shai approached and helped her sit up. "Yeah, I'm fine, just a little-" She stopped abruptly and grabbed Shai by both of her wrists, stopping her from lifting the helmet further. "Taking a helmet off a Mandalorian without their permission is the fastest way to get your arm broken." She warned but she then placed her hands either side of the helmet and removed it anyway, showing it was the principle she was concerned about, not the lack of a helmet. She set the helmet down and reached down to her lower leg to feel the damage. "I think a grenade nicked me but it's only superficial. It's fine." She concluded

Shai Maji Shai Maji

Shai froze up immediately when Raya grabbed hold of her wrists, letting go with wide eyes at the woman's warning. To her surprise, though, the Mando removed her helmet anyway. Shai blinked in surprise as she stared at her face for a few seconds. "Oh..." she muttered as she looked at her. "Um...not sure what I was expecting." she explained with a nervous chuckle as she worked on checking the wound on her leg. "I usually treat Mandos taking their helmets off like a sort of surprise packet or something. 'Take it off and see what's underneath!' type of thing." she continued nervously, clearly embarrassed over the fact that she was staring for way too long at her.

With one arm around Raya's waist she helped her up and made her way towards the mess room. Once there she plopped her on the couch. "I got some Bacta packs that should help out a ton, but you're gonna have to get rid of the armour." she said as she helped to place her injured leg on the couch. "So start strippin' sis." she called out as she marched off to go look for the medical kit that was once again misplaced. It took a lot longer than it should have, but she finally returned with it and dropped it on the booth's table next to the couch. She fiddled with the bacta pack as she prepped it before sitting on the couch and working on Raya's wound. "This is only temporary, as soon as we're at the space port we're looking for more professional help. I'm not a doctor. I once tried to help my dad's sore stomach and a week later he flew into a star, so don't be surprised if your leg falls off after a few days." she quipped with a smile as she focused on covering the wound.

Once she was done she gave the leg a light slap and stood up. "There we go, all better. You're a lot prettier than I thought you'd be." she commented out of nowhere. "I figured you'd be like...short hair, some scars...you know, not that." she explained as she gestured to her face. "By the way the adrenaline is coming down now so I should stop pestering you in a bit. Be right back." she continued to ramble on as she turned on her heel and made her way back to the cargo hold. Once there she sat on a crate and took a deep breath, trying to relax and recover from the day's excitement. As she sat there she glanced at Raya's helmet still on the floor. Feeling a bit better, she picked it up and brought it back to its owner.

She peered into the mess room carefully to see if Raya was still there before raising the helmet up to her chest. "Hey, uh...brought this for you." she said softly with a much calmer voice as she gave a nervous smile.

Raya Krayt

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom