Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Saqqar Vong Lurker

Status
Not open for further replies.
3872451.png

From http://www.jakesteininger.com/
Name: Saqqar Vong Lurker
Designation: Semi-Sentient
Homeworld: Saqqar
Language: Possible Vong communication
Average height of adults: 4.4 Meters
Skin color: Black and chitinous
Hair color: None
Breathes: Type 1
Strengths:

- Thick, highly durable chitin armored carapace. Can survive several Lightsaber strikes.
- Able to spit the acids in its stomach at a target. (Will eat through most metals and polymers. As an example. A 1 inch thick durasteel plate will be holed through in under twenty minutes. Also producing toxic fumes).
- Scorpid tail tip holds a caustic poison.
- Capable of burrowing through earth, even if frozen. Ice, and likely rock.

Weaknesses:

- Blinded by bright lights. Which may disorient the creature and force it back to darkness.
- Subterranean. These creatures can not live above ground, not during the day anyways. UV radiation will break down their hides to a gooey state, much like melted plastic. Theorized an unknown chemical in their bodies undergoes a reaction when exposed, but more study is necessary to understand the process. Fumes emitted likely toxic to most lifeforms.
- Subzero temperatures. The creatures metabolism will slow to near stasis. They can not remain active for long in these conditions before stopping or retreating back to a warmer area.
-Thermal Detonators work great!

Distinctions: These creatures are mutants, most have the same general features. Two large pincer appendages much like arms. And may be accompanied by multiple other three digited arms. These can vary in how many a Lurker possesses and where they sprout from. They can even come out another arm. Other notable features include a scorpion like tail that rises above their skulls. Their skulls are crowned by a bony plate, and their maws jut open wide with four fangs for swallowing prey. All members posses the same general insecticide shaped legs. Their hide is a chitinous armor, providing great durability to most forms of attack. Thickness can vary depending on mutation and size.
Average Lifespan: Unknown. Theorized to span a few years to when the Vong first came to the planet. As so little study exists it can not be determined as of yet.
Races: Mutants: Varies...
Estimated Population: Single World: Saqqar. Estimated population, 10,000-100,000.
Diet: Rodents, lichen and mosses, themselves, anything else they come into contact with.
Communication: Hissing and throat noises. Possible Vong communication?
Culture: Kill, eat, sleep, survive.
Technology level: Nonexistant

General behavior: Not much is known due to the recent discovery of the species by a Black Sun expedition. The creature is hostile to a variate of species. Attempting to kill and likely consume all prey. It lays nests of its young in caverns but does not watch over them most of the time, needing to hunt for food. Other members of the species will eat these eggs, as food is scarce enough underground. Obviously some form of mating exists to account for the population of eggs. A warm climate is always sought out; they can't stand the cold. This keeps them from nearing the surface and becoming a major problem for the local population.

It is known they like to dig. Burrowing through a meter cubed of earth in roughly three minutes. Stone can be eaten away by their stomach acid, but likely weakens the rock so ti may be broken if the creature is determined to dig that way. It seems a hobby for the creature. Unexplained why they are compelled to burrow. The effort wastes energy but they do so anyways. They don't work together so we're putting it down to some base instinct their brains hold.

How these creatures would fair on a temperate or hot climate world is a terrifying prospect. Free roam to expand and a greater food resources; they'd likely overrun the natives in a matter of years. Being of Vong origin, some quick evolution could also happen. Making them even more dangerous. The idea crops up that they could be tamed by the Vong themselves. Their violent nature speaks against that. But experimentation and a breeding could change such, bringing the monsters to the heel. What a terrifying weapon to have.

History: For an undetermined amount of years these creatures have lived under the frozen surface of Saqqar. Only one location is known where they exist. Which is situated under the ruins of a giant tower designated A32SE4. The concentration is thanks to the only available heat source; an underground magma chamber. Which provides the heat needed for them to survive.

Recently discovered by a Black Sun expeditionary force to meant to understand the meaning of these towers. The new race was met with the near deaths of three of the teams members by the first encounter. The monster was defeated by them though, and all information was covered up. Another expedition is planned for the future, but only when the most stringent preparations are ready. Until then, the tower was sealed and placed under watch by sensors both inside and out.

Notable Player-Characters: None

Intent: Created as the culmination of a Dominion by Black Sun. The unexpected discovery serves as the end goal and 'boss fight' of the mission. And will be used for future collaboration with the One Sith. And may be used creature hunters.

[member="Rayl Wilded"] - Please don't post works in progress in the codex.

Do tag me when this is done, or if it is alreayd. I'm not sure as it looks filled out, but the title still says WIP. This certainly looks interesting. :)

[member="Mrrew"]

Ohh sorry. I'd thrown that in the title cause I thought I wasn't going to finish it last night. Forgot to take out the WIP. My apologies, it is finished. Please judge away Mr. Mrrew.

[member="Rayl Wilded"] - All's Good. Just a thing or two, and you should be good.

How powerful is the stomach acid and venom?

How well can they burrow through rock? How quickly? What about durasteel and duracrete?

I would like a bit more in general behavior, if possible.

I really like these, it's well thought out, good weaknesses (I love the solar radiation one), and an overall very interesting species. Might have to hunt one some time.

Tag me when you're ready.

[member="Mrrew"]

Added in some extra stuff for what you wanted. Should provide the necessary fluff. Not that there's anything fluffy about these things.

And I like, that you like UV radiation weakness. I got the idea from Starcraft 2. The mission where you go to Minehoff and fight the infested population. They can't survive during the day due to the stars high UV output. So I just tinkered it a bit to work better for here.

[member="Rayl Wilded"] - Looks good, just wanted to make sure they wouldn't be melting Beskar and digging through duracrete in ten seconds. And i've never played Starcraft- but 'tis certainly and interesting concept. :)

Approved, pending secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom