Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Sands of Fire

TAG: Ura Iolar Ura Iolar

It had been some time since a Padawan had reached a level enough to learn this technique without themselves petitioning the Jedi Council for their promotion. Ura lacked that sense of arrogance or impatience, and for her patience she would be justly rewarded. Of course, the promised lesson had been delayed for some time while Ura did her best to figure out this thing about her having another being inside of her. He didn’t know if he could teach her properly while he body was in an unstable state. Hopefully though, she will have gotten things more sorted out when the day came.

A day and time had been booked for the next lesson, this time aboard the Master’s personal ship, The Maekrix due to the seemingly unpredictable state of the Silver Rest. Ura would be picked up and the Maekrix would drop into a safe and secure location for them to train in peace. Ura would soon find the Master in a room designed for Jedi training. It was especially ready for the collateral damage that this lesson could bring.

“Padawan Ura. How are you faring? What is the situation with your… Well, situation.”

Ura slowly walked through the halls, having gotten use to mimicking the robes that Master Dragovalor had shown her before, at least while she was training. Balru had decided to "sleep" for a bit, and was something Ura had noticed more over time. She was clearly growing too, considering there was crystal mass now that Ura could only keep in place as opposed to actually control. Still, she had a lesson today, and would soon see Josh on the in the training room.

"Hi, Master. I'm doing pretty well, though Balru has been more and more tired lately. I think we're finally getting use to everything."

Josh Dragovalor Josh Dragovalor

He had been aware that Ura wasn’t able to wear robes, but he had still made them for her. Even if she could only display them in her room, it was a souvenir of their time together. A show that she was and always would be his student. Even if that time was very likely beginning to come to an end. The best he could do was ensure she was ready for what came next.

Ura had now developed a noticeable crystal mass, seemingly tied to Balru, something he picked up on by being able to sense the second Lervon’s presence alone. Though when Ura would bring up their condition…

“Getting more tired?” he inquired, a touch of concern in his voice as he would stand to his feet. “Are you sure that’s a good thing? Have you been in for any examinations regarding it?”

Ura was honestly happy Josh was a bit concerned. She looked down a bit, thinking of how to respond before speaking up.

"The way my brother, Jarill, put it is Balru's basically going through the phase we would usually go through after... naturally coming about. Basically he said we're not usually awake for this part of it. He checked and said she's ok though. Just gonna be a bit more tired for a bit." A calm sense would be coming off the Lervon as she looked back at her master, waiting see his reaction to this.

So it was normal, at least. Or as normal as could be considering the birth itself wasn't entirely done in the natural Lervon way. The Jedi Master gave a sigh in relief as he slowly nodded his head.

"Good. And what of you?" he asked as he would give her a quick-once over in turn. "I brought you here for a special lesson, but it can be delayed if you are not confident that you will be able to handle it without overstraining yourself, or Balru. While I know your lessons are important, your health, and that of Balru, always have to come first. I hope you keep that in mind when undertaking missions going forward, as well."

Ura nodded, a happy feeling coming off her as she thought on what he said.

"I know, Master, and I've been on light duty during all this. Plus preparing everything else. But, I'm ready." Ura was right. She'd been working in a lot more supporting rolls as of late, and in part getting ready, and preparing Balru, for when they'd hopefully be able to be separated, and could hopefully start a more normal chapter in their lives. She was sure she'd have a lot of parenting questions too for Josh after that point too. But now, she was ready for some training honestly, she'd still make sure she wasn't over doing it though.

The Master slowly nodded his head as he took in this information, but he at least seemed to approve. So she had been preparing, keeping her schedule light in order to protect Balru. Good, it at least seemed his teachings hadn't been lost on the sandy one. "That's good" he spoke softly, then. "We will proceed with the lesson, then. If you begin to feel fatigued, please do not hesitate to say so. There is no need to try and master this within a day. This is a more advanced technique, a signature technique of mine in fact. It will take time to master it."

With that, he would hold out his hand and a ball of fire would form above the palm. "The Dragon School has thus far taught you the patience of a dragon that lies in wait for the right opportunity. The temperament needed to know when the time is right, and not a moment sooner. In you, the school has instilled heart, and courage. Both of which you have exemplified admirably. Your training, young Ura, is almost complete."

Giving her a moment to process this information, he decided to get right to the point.

"To be frank; I have put forward a request for you to undertake your Jedi Trials once you are safely separated from Balru and can undertake it without harm to either of you. Once we have run tests and ensured you are in top condition for it, I mean. There is no reason to rush this, and I hope you know that. Once you are at the top of your game physically and mentally once more, you will be tested to see if you have what it takes to become a Jedi Knight. And all our sessions going forward will be to prepare you for said trial."

He smiled at that, the Master unable to contain the beaming pride in his expression as much as he tried to mask it.

"The first session of your training towards this goal will be a pursuit to master the dragon's fire -- Pyrokinesis. Do you think you're able to handle beginning it? Conjuring fire through the Force can be rather strenuous, after all. It is greatly powerful, but also very taxing on your strength if used in excess. Not to mention very dangerous if not used cautiously. Once a fire is set, it has a will of its own. And it does not discriminate between friend and foe."

Ura's eyes widened a bit. The Trials. He really thought she was ready. A conflicted mix of excitement and anxiety came over her. If Master Drcovalor thought she was ready though, she'd be ready to take on the Trials. He did note he wanted to wait until after her and Balru were safely separated though, which eased her mind a bit.

"I'll be ready when it's time, Master, you can count on me."

Then he explained that Ura would be learning Pyrokinesis. She wasn't exactly a heat fan, as the whole reason she had Balru right now probably proved, but fire wasn't like liquid metal. She then spoke up nodding a little.

"I think I can handle it, Master. But... I'll watch you demonstrate first."

She was nervous. Of course she was. Josh had expected no less. The Master gave an understanding smile towards that. ''Of course" he responded kindly when Ura would request that he demonstrate first. So with that, he would settle himself back down, hold out his hands and motion for her to watch and to listen.

"Because of its wild and unpredictable nature, there are many that would consider it a tool of the dark side when aligned with the Force. Something that capable of destruction must be dark in nature, yes? But they're wrong. Fire is life. Fire is created not through rage, anger or hatred... But by channeling life itself. The Force itself also teems with life. Thus, fire is just like the Force. And with the right focus, one can channel the Force into fire... Like so."

Snapping his fingers, a small candle-flame would erupt at the tip of his finger. He would hold out the hand for Ura to take a look. While it radiated heat like any fire, it did not seem to harm him. He would not encourage Ura to touch it, however.

Ura listened and watched as Josh explained and demonstrated pyrokinesis. His description of fire as life was something she'd never really heard of. The Lervon then looked at the fire, cautiously bringing her hand close enough to feel the heat, but she was naturally cautious of the flame. It was a different heat than the hot metal that... well lead to Balru. It was just warm, not glassing hot. She then looked back up to her master, nodding a bit.

"So, if I channel the Force correctly, I can make fire basically. It doesn't feel hot enough to... uh... melt at least....."

Well, at least she was eager. That would make this easier. He would motion for her to be cautious, however, not wanting her to burn herself on the flames. It was still fire, after all. So once he had given his demonstration, he would open the floor for questions so that she could begin the process of trying it for herself.

"Indeed. Once you have mastered it, you will be able to conjure fire that will be of no harm to you. Lots of harm to others, so uh... Yeah. Remember that it's still fire."

With that, he would extinguish the flames for now, letting his reserves build back up as he would move to instructing Ura herself on the matter. "So! Let us begin, shall we? Hold out your sandy hands, and let's get on making some fire. I want you to close your eyes. Envision a burgeoning flame. A small flame, no bigger than a candle. Envision a candle, if you need to. Reach into your mind, feel the Force. Project that flame and harness the Force as you would for anything else. I have taught you much of the Force over the last few years... Conjuring this fire should be as easy as breathing by now. The hard part's mastering it."

Ura nodded, extending a hand as she listened to her Master. She closed her eyes to focus, the glow vanishing as she did. She thought on fire, a candle. A simple, flickering candle. It would be easy, she thought. She channeled the Force, thinking about how fire was for her at least. The Lervon's focus was unbroken as some flicks of a spark formed, then a small flame. It was small, tiny even, and a simple orange flame that wasn't that hot, but it was a hint of fire. he'd hold it for a moment before the flame went out, and Ura's eyes opened again. A tired sense could be felt from her as she quickly checked her hands.

"You'd think the Force literally holding you together would give you more reserves..." she joked a bit, happy with the hint of success.

The flame arose. Small, but present. And with it, he smiled. As gifted as always, was Ura. Then it went out, and Ura seemed disappointed but was at least happy with the success of conjuring in general. Ever the perfectionist, the Lervon was. That hadn't changed, it seemed. But he could sense fatigue from her. Likely from carrying. Considering he had two children, he understood this fact and did not bother to ask her why she had grown tired quickly.

"You did well. It is a good foundation to build from" her Master assured the Lervon as he held out his hands and conjured a small flame once more. "Practice makes perfect. But do not push yourself too hard, either. Rest, then try again when you are ready."

He held out his free hand and a canteen of water flew from the shelf into it.

"I know not if Lervon can drink water. But it is here if you need it for replenishing your reserves. Take all the time you need, and replenish as you need to. This is not a race. Our goal is your success -- when it is to come. You cannot force it out."

Ura seemed to give off a happy sense as Josh told her she did well. He told her to rest, and that practice would help her get this skill down. He then offered some water, which got a bit of a chuckle from Ura.

"We don't really drink water, but thank you. And thanks for reminding me not to push it too much." She would rest, regathering her strength before getting up, calming herself, and giving it another try, seeing how long she could hold it before having to stop again. She'd continue this a few more times, taking in any advice Josh had as she kept going, slowing building up how long she could hold the small flame through it all. She wanted to try and focus on holding the flame for now.

As she sat down a bit after he last go, she could tell Balru was waking up a bit, moving a bit unrestlessly.

Comfy?

Five more minutes....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom