Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sand and Sun

[member="Spark Finn"]

He blinked.

She 'sensed' something? He supposed that was the force, she was talking about, but it wasn't like he exactly knew a lot about it. Besides, what the heck did she mean? Munin frowned for a moment and then slowly shook his head, not quite understanding what she was getting at. "I don't have any cybernetics if that's what you mean."

Munin had never really thought about getting augmented like that, though he knew a few people that were. One of their Little Birds was almost entirely cyborg, half of his face being replaced, his left arm, both of his legs. The man had fought in several wars and as time had gone on he had simply replaced more and more of himself with robotics. The idea had never really appealed to Munin, mostly because he liked his fleshy organic bits far too much to get rid of them.

"As for the wincing..." He said quietly. "My life hasn't exactly been the best."

That much was obvious. "I think I blocked a lot of stuff out...just chose to forget it because..."

Munin trailed off. It was really the only rational explanation he had for the gaps in his memory. The very mention of them made his head hurt with a dull ache, and thus inwardly it confirmed his own theory. Remember would just hurt him more, after all he already had some very bad memories, those he had forgotten were probably even worse. It made sense in a roundabout, and perhaps childish, way. Of course he'd not thought about the fact that forgetting something shouldn't hurt when he tried to remember it, that was absurd.

"I don't know." He finally said, fingers tightening slightly on her side as he became somewhat uncomfortable. "My sister and I don't really talk about the past."

Spark Finn

Encrypt Code: 1989//
[member="Munin"]

"I don't blame you," she said quietly. Heart hammered against her ribs a little harder as his grip tightened. "I'm not asking you to. I won't ask you to." She let the silence fill in and expand around them. Tousled blonde-haired head leaned against his shoulder.

Head lifted, so she could catch his gaze.

"And I'm not talking about cybernetics. It's something else. Maybe some nano-tech. I'm not really sure. I'm not a doctor. But if you wanted to know I bet someone...," she trailed off. Avalore might. She might take a blood sample. If he really wanted it and if he wanted to know. But she was scared. She wasn't ready to bring him to the homestead, at least, not yet.

"I bet we could find out."

#unsolvedmysteries

[member="Spark Finn"]

Something? That didn't sound good. She seemed entirely sure of herself in this, and in truth he wasn't all that positive she was wrong either. Spark had saved his life more than once already, and back on Coruscant they had formed a bond of some sort. She had come to Jakku without quesiton, and she was here...now offering her help.

What that help might bring he had no idea.

"I.." The idea of something in his head, something he'd never known about and something he'd never even considered scared him. He knew very well what sort of secret people, governments, and corporations kept. He knew what could be done to people with cybernetics, knew what sort of experiments occurred. Inadvertently Spark had ignited a terror within Munin, a fear that he hadn't known he could ever feel. What if he had been some sort of experiment? What if the gaps in his memory were artificial? What if the orphanages had been a cover for something?

He was no fool.

The Broker had seen what the One Sith and Titan had done, even what the Republic had done. He knew that he could very well be just another experiment, a freak. Maybe he had cybernetics laced within his mind, maybe he had...his vision began to blur, his head ached and his hand quickly shot away from Spark's side. Munin grabbed his head and suddenly found himself leaning forward, a whimpering cry of pain passing through his throat as he fell to the floor.

Pain lanced through him, tears falling involuntarily from his eyes.

Spark Finn

[member="Munin"]

#fethfethfeth

"Sawyer," she yelped and knelt over him. #passedout Fingers wrapped around his arm and hip as she pulled to get him on his back. Muscles in her bony-arms strained. "Sawyer!" She called again, panic rising in her own voice. She finally got him rolled over. With a pull of her foot, she got the light of the lantern closer so it could cast its glow over his face.

She was very good at a few niche things in the force. Healing wasn't one of them. Now, she really missed Avalore.

#fethfethfeth

She leaned over him, fingers coming up to rest gently on his throat. Good. The man had a pulse. Other hand cupped the side of his face. "Wake up. Come on."

If things didn't get better, she'd have to drag him onto the speeder and make a night trek back into town. Maybe someone there could help. But hopefully it wouldn't come down to that. If she had to stay up all night to get them somewhere, to get him help, she'd do it.

[member="Spark Finn"]

A loud groan passed his lips, lids still closed but his eyes seemingly darting about beneath them. His entire body shook and for a moment thousands of tiny goosebumps ran across his skin. He suddenly very felt cold, lips turning half blue before he finally inhaled a deep breath.

His eyes shot open, hand almost immediately clutching his head as the pain throbbed through the front of his mind. Another groan escaped him, and he shook again as she slowly returned to life. The expression he carried on his face was a mixture of pain, confusion, and anxiety. Munin wasn't sure what happened, and it was clear that whatever did had been wholly unappreciated. His chest rose and fell with heavy breaths, his other hand gently clutching Spark's leg as he tried to get a grip on reality.

"What..." He breathed heavily. "The....Fuck....happened."

He took in another deep gulp of air.

His head still hurt, his vision was blurry, everything...everything looked faded. "Frak."

Munin couldn't help but swear, it was like he'd been hit by a freight train. For a second he tried to remember what they had been talking about, what had caused all this, and then suddenly it came back to him. The thought, the conspiracy, the idea that he was a freak made by others. His lips thinned, but this time there was no pain.

Spark Finn

[member="Munin"]

She still hovered over Munin after he woke but she jerked back slightly as his hand went to his head. She didn't need any rogue punches to the face. #beentheredonethat Worried-gaze studied him quietly. He still didn't look so hot. #lolNotthatkindofhot

"You just...passed out."

#duh

"But you know that. Talk to me. What's going on? I can't read your mind, remember?" Leaning over him further, both hands cupped his face so she could tilt his face toward the light. She wanted to see if his eyes were clear. Make sure his eyes weren't gonna roll back into his head again.

#butstillnotadoctor

[member="Spark Finn"]

He blinked as the light from the lamp poured into his eyes, hand quickly coming down to cover his face so that he wasn't permanently blinded. "I'm alright."

Munin lied.

"I think." He pulled away from her just slightly, his other hand coming up to take one of hers away from his cheeks, his fingers wrapped around hers and he tried to regain some of his focus as he pulled himself upright. For a moment Munin simply sat there, one hand comically over his face, the other holding onto hers. He tried to think exactly what had happened, tried to remember. He knew what he had been thinking about, and he knew that the pain had spiked right when he'd considered...a frown pulled over his lips, hand slowly sliding away. "Someone messed with my memories."

It seemed plausibly, likely even. The orphanages had been a cover for...something. That was why they had always been moved around, why he'd lived in 12 orphanages in only seventeen years. There was a reason that they had always avoided government oversight, and it wasn't because of how poorly they'd treated the orphanages. It also explained the disappearances that had been explained away through 'overnight adoptions'. He frowned slightly.

"I...can't remember." That was obvious at this point. His fingers tightened around her hand, squeezing her palm gently as if he were trying to ground himself.

Spark Finn

[member="Munin"]

Digits meant for datapad typing squeezed back. Jaw locked. Her lips pressed together. Memories being messed with? That hit a little too close to home and what Darth Carach had done to her. And for once, she felt completely helpless.

And maybe a teensy bit angry. And that was saying a lot for a girl so logical minded. #exhausted

Satisfied that he wasn't going to pass out on her, she eased the lantern a bit further away, plunging the space they shared into deeper shadows. She peeked over her shoulder, satisfied that no vagrants or gangs had somehow sneaked up on them, before focusing back on Sawyer.

"I..."

What did she say? Sorry was lame. "Whatever you need. I'm here for you." And as quiet as a mouse, she added a second part, "believe me when I say, I can relate to what you're going through." Did she hug him? Do something more? She didn't know, so she continued to hold onto his hand and sit very close.

[member="Spark Finn"]

He watched her for a moment.

This was going to require an uncomfortable amount of thought.

If his mind had been messed when, then Huginn's had too. Both of them had grown up in the same orphanages owned by the same corporation. There was no doubt that she was experimented on if he had been, especially since she was another species. The idea of it made sense. Why he was missing memories, why Spark said he had...something inside of him, and why he seemed to be better at some things that he shouldn't be. It all fell into place, but it was just a guess at this point. He would need to start digging. They had never looked at their past much, having always thought that it was better just left alone, but now? Now that attitude wouldn't get them far.

"Lets just..." He watched her for a moment, slowly pulling himself up further and gently dragging her close. "Thank you."

Munin pressed his lips against her cheek, pulling her into an embrace.

He took a breath as he half buried himself in her neck. Her support meant quite a bit, and although the way she'd sparked(hehe) the realization hadn't exactly been pleasant for him, she had at least set him upon the right path. That was important, and more important was the fact that even now she offered her support. He didn't mind admitting that the future scared him, but with Spark here...

It scared him a little less.

Spark Finn

[member="Munin"]

As she was nudged closer, she slightly lost her balance and stumbled into him. Cheeks flared. They always would. Arms wrapped around his neck. His breath tickled down her neck. Hands rubbed against his back as she tried to comfort him.

"You know," slower circles on his back. "I'm probably the best slicer you'll ever meet." She grinned even though he wouldn't see. "If you want me to use some of my sources and dig up some data on the orphanage - I can."

He was an expert too and the last thing she wanted to do was insult his intelligence.

#infobrokermeetslicer

All the while, she tried to keep her heart from thumping right out of her chest with his proximity. And she tried not to squirm or wiggle.

[member="Spark Finn"]

He frowned slightly. Munin wasn't a half bad slicer either, and digging up on the orphanage likely wouldn't be too difficult, though it didn't hurt to have a second...or rather a third person look. She also likely had contacts that he didn't, and while Munin and Huginn's network extended far and wide it was still somewhat limited in some areas. Those areas mostly had to deal with governments. People were easy enough to corrupt, but the good guys...the good guys tended to want to stay good.

It made things harder when looking in certain areas of the galaxy. "I..."

The decision wasn't one to make lightly.

"Don't know right now." It was the truth, a heavy breath passing from his lips and onto her neck as Munin shook slightly. First and foremost he would have to talk to Huginn, and then...and then he would have to see what would need to be done. The Orphanage had clearly not been a simple set of homes for wayward children. The Gaps in his memory and whatever Spark sensed within him made that perfectly clear, but he wasn't quite ready to take another step forward just yet. "I need to think."

His thumb gently stroked over her skin, almost unconsciously. "I need to talk to my sister too."

Spark Finn

[member="Munin"]

"Of course," turning her head, she pressed her lips briefly against his temple. Hands gripped a little tighter on his back. "I'm sorry it came out like it did. I wish I was wrong."

#outofwords

She didn't have anything else to say, so she just held him and remained close. Gaze darted behind him every now and then - still remaining vigilante against intruders. The power-pack powered lamp flickered once, then steadied. Every so slowly, she felt herself relaxing more and more into his embrace, taking advantage of the warmth he offered against the growing desert chill.

[member="Spark Finn"]

"It's okay." Without her saying something he likely would never have known in the first place. He never would have questioned the gaps in his memory, he never would have even thought about something being in his head. It might have seemed odd that one would just...move on from such mistreatment, but Munin and Huginn had both always figured that looking towards the future was more important. That what they built would stand far more than where they came from.

Perhaps they were right, but they could no longer ignore the past. Something had clearly happened to them in that orphanage, something they had been made to forget. He found himself wondering what was inside of his head, what sort of machines had been implanted in his skull and if there were other things within him he'd never known about. His fingers gently raked across Spark's skin, folding into a fist behind her back before slowly falling flat again. What else had he missed? What else had he forgotten? Was he even an orphan? There were so many questions now, so many things that he needed to find out.

"Why don't we head to bed." He suggested quietly. "I think we've had enough excitement for one day."

Munin pressed his lips against her neck and then slowly pulled back.

In truth, he half wanted to abandon this quest and go speak to Huginn about this new found knowledge, but he couldn't afford to. He had come here with a purpose, and that purpose had to be fulfilled. He couldn't allow the past to compromise his future, not with so much on the line.

Spark Finn

[member="Munin"]

"Good iaaaaahhhhhdea," she yawned and pulled back. In fact, she was about to suggest it herself. Rocking back on her heels, she stood. She picked up the blanket that had fallen off earlier. Finger dimmed down the lantern and she brought it closer to the entrance of the tent, setting it just outside.

Dropping to all-fours, she kicked off her boots and crawled #wiggled inside and began unrolling one of the sleeping bags. She glanced back out of the tent entrance. "Oh-uh. Do you need to change or something? I can turn around." Glasses were adjusted up the bridge of her freckled-nose as she began pulling the scarf off her neck.

[member="Spark Finn"]

He looked about. "Nah."

Munin would have preferred it, and were they anywhere else he likely would have changed, but Jakku for all its faults was relatively...clean. Unlike the filth of Coruscant's undercity Jakku's trash was mostly the size of entire capital ships. That coupled with the heat and sand really made Munin feel better about the whole thing. He would change his clothes in the morning, mostly because he didn't want to ruin any new clothing. Though, it also helped that he generally didn't tend to sleep clothed anyway.

That was just uncomfortable.

The Information Broker pulled off his shirt and threw it into the tent, sending it sailing over Sparks head. Cold air struck him almost immediately, but once they were in the tent and snugg within their sleeping bags he doubted that the cold would bother him all that much. He smiled at her then gently nudged her back into the tent, crawling in and unrolling his sleep bag just like she had.

Spark Finn

[member="Munin"]

He. Just. Took. Off. His. Shirt.

#OMGEE

She ducked her head away from what little lamp light filtered in through the tent. She felt the heat rise on her face. Scooching back to give him room, she slowly unzipped her sleeping bag. A hand went through her tangled, blonde-hair shaking out some of the sand that was still lodged in there from earlier.

She made sure that no matter what, she didn't look at shirtless Munin. #Sawyer Her small and bony form tucked between the folds of the sleeping bag. She shivered once, hoping her body would warm up fast against the cold air.

She must've gotten a little burned even with all that sunblock and clothing. #dangsun #paleskin

Teeth chattered. "Okay, night," she said rather abruptly and awkwardly.

[member="Spark Finn"]

He gave her an odd sort of look. Perhaps it was a cultural difference, or perhaps it was simply his upbringing. Munin had very little in the form of modesty, mostly because it had been beaten out of him in the orphanages. Growing up he had rarely enjoyed privacy of any sort. That was simply the way of things. Most of the time he'd shared bedrooms, bathrooms, even showers. There simply hadn't been enough room for all of the kids and by necessity...well one got used to it after a while.

For a moment Munin sat crouched in the tent, and eventually pulled the small lantern inside.

He fiddled with the light, setting it down to the right of the tent and then unzipping his own sleeping bag. The flannel lining was cool to the touch, though that would very quickly change as Munin climbed into the sleeping bag, shoes kicked off before he tucked himself inside. Before he lay down the Information Broker reached up and zipped up the tent. The air would become warmer within and keep them a bit more comfortable. For a moment Munin remained upright, casting a glance towards Spark.

A minute passed, and slowly Munin reached over towards the light. The lamp flickered for a moment, then shut off. There was a slight ruffling as his sleeping bag was moved around, a grunt, then a satisfied sigh as he got comfortable.

A few seconds passed with nothing else, and then suddenly, slowly, Spark would feel a gentle hand at her side. It did not move beside a gentle touch, almost as if wondering, questioning.

Spark Finn

[member="Munin"]

Eyes remained squeezed closed in the darkness and for a moment, she wondered if she imagined the hand at her side. Her pulse pounded. A million questions ran through her mind but mostly....what was he expecting? She wanted to be close to him. She wanted to be a little bit warmer. She wanted to feel safe in someone's arms again.

But she definitely wasn't ready for...#thething #dotdotdot #soawkward

Was he expecting it right now? Or were they on the same page? Taking a breath, she cracked an eye open in the darkness. She could just make out his silhouette. Barely. #reallydark

One hand ventured into the cooler air of the tent. She fumbled and found his hand on her side and squeezed it gently. Then with a huff and a wiggle, her sleeping bag-self would snuggle against him, like a mini taquito. #orburrito

#burritoSpark #lolol #Mmmfood

Her bag wasn't zipped all the way. If he wanted to, he could easily pull her into his. She was just glad he was wearing pants because her cheeks would be blazing enough as is.

She just hoped he wasn't thinking what she thought he was thinking.

[member="Spark Finn"]

Life was strange.

He'd never really considered that something like this could happen to him. Sure he'd played the part of a romantic before, but...well it had always been just that, playing a part. This was something different, entirely so in fact. Munin had never been quite good at expressing himself, his real self. Playing characters was easy. He could be charming, defensive, clever, anything that a role called for, but this wasn't a role, this wasn't an act of an alias, it was himself.

That made it different, real.

His hand went snaking around her lower back, and slowly Munin pulled Spark towards himself. She would feel the warmth of his skin against her, his fingers gently spreading on her skin, his breath falling over her as he pulled tight against her. Yet he went no further, instead he insured that the sleeping bag covered her, that she was comfortable, warm, and nothing else. Munin didn't say anything, didn't do anything else, he simply held her.

In part it was because he didn't know what else he should do. He was happy with this, simply holdings her, having her like this. Everything else seemed trivial enough right now. His mind was still cluttered with questions, half baked theories and a dozen what ifs about himself and what he was. Spark was something he could hang onto, both literally and figuratively. She had revealed the mysteries in his head and had already offered to help solve them.

That was something.

Munin gently squeezed her as he felt himself drift into sleep.

Spark Finn

[member="Munin"]

She tensed for a moment at his touch along her skin, his breath in her hair, and the cinnamon and fresh air smell that hit her nose from the crook of his neck. Heart jarred against her ribs over and over again. Then, she felt him relax. And a second after that, she relaxed too.

#youcandothisFinn

She curled against him, bony elbows and hips probably poking against his ribs. The shirt at her back slipped a little up as she nestled in. Blue-eyes finally closed to the steady beat of his heart.

#timehop #timejump

A soft light filtered into the tent. Probably from a broken section of the ship further up into the hangar. Sleepy-eyes opened with a fluttering of blonde-lashes. There was still a chill in the air.

But she could tell it was quickly fading.

#desertlife

She must've had a night terror or just moved around in her sleep because instead of curled into his chest on her side, she was sprawled on top of him. Her stomach pressed against his bare chest. Legs tangled with his.

#omgee #atleasthescomfortable

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom