Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Salvaging Restricted materials from old subs for new ones

This came up in regards to styguim being pulled, salvaged, or scrapped from an old tech sub that legitimatelly used a dev thread to attain the material -- then use it in a new one.

As of right now the rules dictate in the restricted materials that those are the only way to get them.

Restricted Items

I. To be able to use a Restricted Item in your Factory Submission, a writer must first complete the objective attached to the restricted item in a convincing manner that adds to the quality of the role-play thread. Below in alphabetical order are the items and their associated objectives.

II. Submissions using Restricted Items will be reviewed by a Role-play Judge, and may be declined depending on the quality and effort of the submitter.

III. Objectives which require you to visit a planet located within the Influence Cloud of a Major Faction may only be completed in Non-Private threads.

IV. Completing restricted item objectives may count as development threads for the submissions using the restricted item. Each completed objective usually only counts for one submission.

V. This list is subject to change without notice. Changes will not affect past submissions.

Does salvaging from old materials still work? If so, what would be the process? How much of a quality dev thread?

I can understand it if it is a one on one for upgrading an old armor sub with new items or design.

But if it is used for an entirely different type of tech or ship?

Thoughts?

Oh, I like salvaging.

I wanna make this a thing. I might make a new prefix for it.

We'll need the link for the old submission, but he can do it without a dev thread unless you want him to do a new one. He's already earned that stygium.

We won't take it away.

Edit 1: It will only be of the same type, it will not be used for a different type of submission (vehicle, starship, armor)

Edit 2: The salvaged submission cannot be unsalvaged and is permanently destroyed. It stays in the Factory only for referential purposes.

Edit 3: The salvaged submission must be identified prior to the new submission being Approved.

Edit 4: Salvaging will always cause the new submission to drop one level of production, but the new submission is to never drop below the level of Unique.

Cira said:
[member="Tefka"]

How about if the thread is used for a Faction Mass to Minor and the stigyum is salvaged for a specific ship?
Do you mean from a unique ship for a mass produced ship? If so that doesn't really make sense.

If it's taking one ship that was mass produced for one unique ship, that should be fine.

As well, all subs that salvage/resub old materials should be of the same type and make logical sense, such as not using armor for a tank sub or starship. I also think if they try to use something like a starship hull to make a new suit of armor then they might as well be asked to make a new dev thread.

[member="Cira"]

My answer states what is allowed, and what will be illiuminated in the Factory rules as I will alter them to represent this change.

Only what is in my previous post will be allowed. All other means will be illegal.

[member="Tefka"]
I have a question about this. How will this effect submission like this one
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/57015-obsidian-armor-marek-starchaser-edition/
Original
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/51130-obsidian-armour/
that use the base submission and simply make minor customizations. I ask, because Guaranteed that is one of the first questions that will be asked.

To elaborate, How will the salvaging rule effect personalizing existing sets of armor like the Obsidian Armor, Beskar'Gam, etc in limited production.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom