Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Salvager-Class Collection Vessel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
looming_threat_by_iljackson-d5oidsh.jpg

Image Credit: http://www.deviantar...hreat-343499345
Intent: To create a unique ship for the Confederacy of Independent Systems and select salvagers and privateers to comb battlefields for scrap from fallen ships or asteroid fields for mineral resources
Development Thread: NA
Manufacturer: Druckenwell Shipyards
Model: Salvager-Class Collection Vehicle
Affiliation: Confederacy of Independent Systems/Select Contractors
Modularity: None
Production: Minor

Material: Durasteel/Transparisteel

Description: Ahead of the creation of the civil service ready resource collection and survey vehicles being released by the Techno Union, Druckenwell Shipyards has released a new vessel for the purpose of scouring a battlefield for all scrap metals.

The Salvager-Class vehicle will go in after a battle has occurred to collect all the raw materials using a system of tractor beams. Materials are collected, and sorted within the main hold of the ship. Any useful pieces that may be able to be repaired or scrapped for specific parts are set aside, while the majority of of the scrap collected will be compacted and organized by type of metal to later be smelted down and used in construction of new vessels. In addition to being used in post-battlefields, the Salvager is also serves a secondary purpose as a mining vessel. Using Mining Droids created by a variety of companies, the Salvager is equally at home combing asteroid fields while droids free base minerals and precious metals from rock for collection. All of the scrap and minerals that are collected are deposited through a magnetic containment shield into the open work space. This space is shielded to allow for atmosphere to be held in the case of a sentient needing to be on the floor. This also allows for any sort of small ship to board the vessel in case of emergency or surprise inspection.

Lightly crewed, the majority of the operation aboard a Salvager-class is performed by worker droids as the work involves heavy lifting as well as the tedious job of sorting the salvage. As such, the living quarters of the ship include very few dorms, as well as a limited galley and recreation center. However, due to the nature of the ship, the cargo capacity and consumables can last for up to six months in one hitch.

Classification: Salvage Vessel
Role: Battlefield salvage/Resource collection
Height: 20m

Width: 75m
Length: 200m
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Solar Ionization Reactor
Hyperdrive Rating: 2.0
Minimum Crew: 5 (pilot, co-pilot navigator, mechanic, droid control operator)

Optimal Crew:
Armaments: None
Hangar: None
Non-Combative Attachments:
· Standard Communications System
· Standard Life Support
· Standard Deflector Shields
· Standard Navigation System
· Magnetic Containment Shielded Cargo Hold
· Standard Hyperdrive
· Upgraded Sensor Array (Tuned for metal seeking)
· Escape Pods
· Tractor Beam Array
· Holonet Transceiver
Passenger Capacity: 5 

Cargo Capacity: 6000 metric tons 

Consumables: 6 months
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: 7

Alright, only real thing is that I'd like for you to tell me what a "Magnetic Containment Shielded Work-Center" is/does and why this has one. Just making sure I know what's going on here.
@[member="Marek Starchaser"]

Corey's OOC

I might be using the wrong term. Basically its a modification on a standard mag-con shielded hangar, but its more like a Cargo Room with a MagCon shield.
@[member="Domino"]

Corey's OOC

Yes, air. Like... think the hangar on Home One in RotJ, but more set up for organizing and arranging salvage and junk cargo?
@[member="Domino"]

Yeah I'm getting that, I was just a little surprised that something so banal was being mentioned. I'm now seeing this as a type of hanger where junk is tractored into and then sorted. Which if that's the case go ahead and take it out of the list. Just a little confusing down there, looks like it might be a special shielded command center or something. If its important to you then just add a line or two about it in the description detailing it.

Do that and you're good.

Corey's OOC

Re-worded how it was phrased, added a description.
The thought process to adding it was because that is the major point of the ship. It is where all the cargo/resources/salvage collected goes to be sorted.
@[member="Domino"]
I appreciate your patience while I work to make this clear.

No thank you for walking through that with me, it's a little detail but absolutely every ship with a hanger should also have a magnetic field to keep the air in so when I saw it and it was worded that way it really tripped me up and I thought something wonky was going on.

Approved pending rpj stampies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom